Does yuri improve anime or make it worse?

Does yuri improve anime or make it worse?

Yuri improves anime. Look at Prisma Illya for example.

What, you don't like girls? You don't like girls loving girls? Are you some kind of faggot, user?

Yuri is THE reason anime exists

It's literally impossible for yuri not to raise the quality of an anime, no matter how shit it is.

Improves of course.

Yuri itself has no effect on the show, however, what destroys something is a show that is not yuri, but people want it to be

Non meaningful yuri, i.e straight girls playing, will always improve the enjoyability of anime

Yuri is always good, but real yuri is better than fake yuri.

Depends.
But yurishitters are always a blight .

Anime with female characters is for gays and losers.

Milhouse is not a meme.

Yuri is the first step towards a Golden Age

>Fujoshit

Yuri is the only way to save the dying soul of Man

Anime with male characters is even worse. The only acceptable form of animation is that composed of abstract images and landscape shots.

Yuri is gay and is made for cuckolds.

this

That can't be true if you don't like it.

By this logic all romance is made for cuckolds

And obviously it's gay

nah, but it can make it worse.
case in point, madoka.

Probably one of the worst possible examples you could give.

Prisma Illya would've gone pretty much unnoticed if not for the yuri

Does /ll/ improve manga?

Reminder that mods are クリティクリスタ fans and クリティクリスタ a shit!

That's totally untrue. Fate shitters would have latched onto it no matter what. And Illya only has pure fanservice yuri, not actual yuri.

>fate
no it woulnt go unnoticed.

Most of the time it's just fanservice so it's a matter of whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Both

Give me a good reason why someone would hate yuri

Yuri doesn't make it worse or improve it.

All it does is turn normal people into delusional humans.

It ruined Hibike so there's that

If they're gay.

I depends how well it's executed.

What's for certain is that it invariably makes that show's threads on Sup Forums become worse.

Modern "yuri" is literally pandering to purityfags, especially in cute girls shows.
Want someone flonding your waifu but she stops being pure if it's with a man? Make the person doing it a girl and she remains pure. Wanna see your waifu blushing at or kissing someone but it's impure if it's with a boy? It's fine if they're both girls.

god yes
/ll/ gives me will to live

It improves the anime, but detracts from the threads.

>Anon1 "Yuri is nice isn't it."
>Anon2 "Yes of course."
>Anon3 "FUCKING YURISHITTERS GET OFFF MY BOARD REEEEE"
>Anon4 "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT YURI REEEEEE"

Basically this

You should watch Yuri Kuma Arashi, it deals heavily with these themes.

The first I agree with, but not so much the later.
Fondling breasts is a long standing joke in anime/manga does by straight girls all the time.
Kissing not so much.

It only makes the threads worse if the show is popular. You don't see people freaking out in Nyanko Days threads when people say that the girls are dykes.

I only bothered watching the first season of illya when the fuck does this happen

Because no one is watching it.

Improves it of course

Yuri is the last glimmer of hope, goodness and magic in this cruel, cynical, unforgiving world of ours.

Yes, especially when it is explicit instead of implicit.

The OVAs probably

When does that scene happen? Right after Kuro tried to fuck Shirou in the men's bath.

That's what user said

There are too many shitty animes that are completely reliant on cheap ways to appeal to the viewer by adding shit like yuri, if you were to take that away from animes that rely on those cheap methods to make characters likeable, no one would watch it

Is it still yuri if she's a boy?

To witness the unparalleled beauty of a girl falling in love with another girl is to shed all cynicism this world has worn into you.

Strawberries are always delicious.

wew

Only problem I have with yuri is that I can't self-insert.

haha fagger

>Not wanting to be the little girl
Are you sure you've thought this through enough?

Kissing happens when it's an accident, or when someone gets drunk. I didn't mean serious kissing.

mostly the problem with yuri is that it can attaract some of the worst and rabid people on the internet.
it only happens rarely and it was enough to create a kneejerk reaction from many people.

I can't think of anything worse than being the little girl

forced meme

sure, whatever you say. exept i've seen it happen before.

Can you name one case were an accidental kiss happened between girls and it wasn't actually a yuri anime.

I'm ripped in real life, and I can assure you it's 100% over rated. The only reason I bother working out is so I can be a skilled fighter, because I love fighting competitively.

I'm rather good, and I win all the time. And I would trade it all away in a second to be a cute little girl. Well, maybe not little, I'd want to be a slender cute teenage girl.

Strike Witches.

That series has girls romantically fucking each other it. It's yuri. And I'm pretty sure that was a drunk kiss scene, not an accidental one.

Post pics. Here is mine so you know I'm not a hypocrite.

I just can't take competitive fighting seriously outside MMA and even MMA is kind of ass, although I'm admittedly not an expert.
I feel like all the rules and restrictions gimp the possibility of fighting being a great competitive sport.
If I was given a miracle choice, I'd rather be a professional table tennis player than a fighter.

sage for offtopic

You may be right, but I don't see how any of this invalidates my initial post.

Chuu2?

Minna's reaction at the end of that episode to the 'accidental' kiss was highly telling as well.

I want Retoree to go doggy style on Cyan's pussy!

Sorry, I refuse to ever post any image of myself on the internet. I also refuse to ever but any type of my own personal information on the internet. You never know what could happen with it.
Though, I will say you have more muscle mass than I do. I train for pure muscle tone of density that way I can have the most speed possible.

I fucking loath MMA with every fiber of my being. It might as well be called competitive man groping. All of the art from martial arts is thrown out the window in MMA. A real fight should be graceful and look stunning. It shouldn't be a bar room brawl.

I was just making the point that accidental kisses aren't really ever used in a "pandering keep them pure" way.

That may not be a yuri anime, but Deko and Shinka were certainly a yuri pair.

Reminder that only people who are insecure or act like complete faggots (AKA self-inserting) complain about yuri. Reasonable people who understand you're not supposed to be an idiot and "self-insert" can appreciate yuri.

>I fucking loath MMA with every fiber of my being. It might as well be called competitive man groping. All of the art from martial arts is thrown out the window in MMA. A real fight should be graceful and look stunning. It shouldn't be a bar room brawl.
I guess you're right but that's not my point.

A shame they never will get together

>Asuka / Mari
>Uiharu / Slut
>Saber / Cup
>Candy Boy
>Pokemon
Your taste is shit.

In high end competitive fighting there are very few actual rules that restrict what you can do. You're basically not allowed to (intentionally) inflict permanent damage on the other person. Such as gouge out their eye. Which is totally understandable, considering it's sport and for fun. But breaking arms, legs and ribs is usually fine. You of course have to sign wavers that you are willing to accept this risk when you go to competitions, though.

arbitrary yuri for the sake of fulfilling some sad sack of shit's fetishes:
not that good

well written romance that adds depth to the characters:
bretty gud

It's either /ll/ /u/ /ss/ or Gyarus

This is the only things I'll watch for.

>not liking Candy Boy
You are living your life in the most incorrect way possible.

And Saten isn't actually a slut, which I'm sure you know.

Before, anime series would have a male MC who was a gigantic faggot and too afraid of his harem to actually do anything. We get chapter after chapter of him doing everything he can to avoid doing anything with any of the girls.

Now thanks to yuri we don't have to deal with that kind of shitty MC.

Assuming we are talking about "anime with yuri" not yuri anime, I think it basically comes down to this.

Does the show need a male protagonist and a serious romance relationship?

If the answer is no then yuri usually makes it better. Writing in a male protagonist just for the sake of having a love interest for the girls so you can make fanservice/fluff scenes is detrimental to the show and a waste of screen time. Because it's very easy for the male lead to be written poorly or appear annoying and he brings no other value in this situation anyways.
Having the girls interact among themselves is much better, hence yuri is so prevalent and generally good in shows like Saki, MadoMaki etc.
There are a lot of genres in which you would want a female lead over a male lead, in those situations instead of trying to create a male supporting character who is a distant love interest, which almost no one will like except hardcore hetshippers, it's just easier and better to add a bit of yuri.

Yuri has always existed, and both yuri and harem will never stop being made. You don't know what you're talking about

MadoMagi*

Well I can't think of a case where it's made it worse. Whether they're actually gay or not it usually leads to some good relationships that add to the show.
Worst thing it does is ruin discussion here for a series. Like Hibikek.

At least we all agree yuri dorks were a mistake.

What appeals so much about yuri to me is this. In the real world, sometimes despite appearances, women are always in competition with other women. It grinds away at you. This makes it a massive relief when women in fiction regard other women as not just competition, but as an end, or a goal.

Not counting yanderes of course

Improves it.
Especially if the girls are fierce rivals that fall in love.

You're probably a fag

I liked yuri because it used to be all about two girl girls going against society and saying that their love mattered more than anything else. It used to be something special. Now, since everyone tries to push gay normality, it's just like "who fucking cares, it's just another lesbian."

hipster

Am I wrong, though? What's special about lesbians any more? Literally nothing.

This always goes through my head whenever someone says they don't like yuri

you dont have to lie to us, we know youre a fat lonely virgin that probably wants to be raped.

Maybe in the west, but in Japan, yuri is still forbidden.

It tends to be a hit or miss.