Berserk 2017

They actually went and hired him as the director again. What the fuck are these Japanese bastards thinking?
sidearc.com/berserk-2017-cast/

Just fucking kill me now.

2016 must have sold well. Somehow.

So none of you give a shit then?

Well, shit.

It was on the top list of Crunchyroll.
It's fucking Berserk, anyone who has any amount of taste is going to check it out, and then since most people are also cock gobbling normies who are entertained by shit like Re:Zero and Mirrai Shitty they keep watching it.
Anime was a mistake.

No one here had any hope for the adaptation let alone watched it.

Berserk has been in another slump ever since the hype of Guts getting off the boat died down.

Once Casca gets healed we will all forget about the adaptation and be able to move on with the story if Miura decides to get his shit together.

>implying Casca will actually get cured

Such a natural choice

Maybe it's better than all the "character driven" otakubait that's out right now

Is Berserk ever going to end before the writer dies of old age ?

BerserkBros, why must we suffer?

I first read Berserk about a month ago and it seems to me that the entire manga went downhill shortly after the eclipse and hasn't recovered since.
I still enjoyed it and will keep reading but I won't eagerly await the next chapter.

TELL ME WHY

>clang clang clang

The direction wasn't really the issue.

Berserk anime is like Hellsing OVAs and Rebuild of Evangelion

Sad story.

I honestly stopped reading after eclipse, from what I read it didn't seem like the berserk I enjoy.

>Once Casca gets healed

Be honest user, you don't really believe that do you? I predict the last chapter that we will get this year will end with Casca opening her eyes and saying "Guts?" and then another year long hiatus is announced.

>Hellsing OVAs

Those OVAs were fucking fantastic. What are you on about?

>Those OVAs were fucking fantastic. What are you on about?
His point is that it took about 6 years to finish.

>another year long hiatus is announced.

If that happens I'm dropping the whole series and never thinking about it again.

I still think it's leaps and bounds better than most stuff out there. Sure it's mediocre but there is still lots of it.

The Lost Children arc and Conviction arc are up next and are my favorite sections of Berserk. At least read Conviction, it's fucking great.

Speaking of Goblin Slayer is chapter 10 out yet?

Scuse me what?
the direction to use absolutely horrid camera angles?
the direction to use 3d of 2d because it was cheaper?
the direction to not even follow the manga even though it was literally written out for them to follow?
the direction was a huge fucking problem user. To deny that is to deny yourself the truth of it all.
That and the producers have no fucking balls to say "Hey dick shit, this looks horrible and needs to change if we want it to stand up to its name."

I'm honestly surprised nobody has made a webm of Casca's "rape" scene from the movie where the wet slapping sounds of Griffith pounding Casca are replaced by clangs. I'd do it if I wasn't so retarded when it comes to editing shit.

>Lost Children Arc will never get an adaptation outside the manga
Why live

raws are out, as for translated no.

I know user, it hurts. We will never get animation of "adult attacks"
Too bad that normies are afraid of anything that doesn't fit into their own mind set, so we get watered down shit.
Conviction is my favorite arc but Lost Children is my second favorite

>normies

I also started reading about 3 weeks ago, I'm right after eclipse right now and it just feels like nothing will top that so my hype died down.

From what I understand, 2016 covers post Festival stuff right? should I watch that instead or keep reading?

Always read

Nice thesis. Have you considered counseling for your autism?

honestly no I haven't. But I do like it when a medium of entertainment doesn't get watered down to apply for the masses to enjoy instead of the actual fans.

>3d is cheaper than 2d
Oh shut the fuck up you whiny ignorant bitch. Read a fucking book why don't you. CG as a whole costs 10x more than doing shit traditionally but it saves just as much time. A thing that hinders 90% of anime productions. You want 2d animation? Go back in time 4 years and tell them to pay their animators better and have better planning to avoid using cgi for most of the scenes.

Bullshit go check the goblin slayer thread its there

Have you looked at the 3d models in berserk 2016?
Okay, now that you have, remember how shitty they look compared to the simple 2d drawings they gave us for a collective 50 minutes of actual animation compared to 3d animators first college project.

Oh the cgi in berserk looks like shit for sure. But that's what has to be done to meet shitty deadlines. Berserk is not a well scheduled anime and it's just a big advert for the game and Manga anyway. There are always people who genuinely care about the projects they are assigned but have to do a shit job in order to meet the time demands that are forced upon them

And it ties all the way back to the shitty director and producers in charge.
Who can stop these madmen.
Does Miura even care anymore? Probably not since he's playing Idolmaster still.

they will never animate this well enough to do the manga justice

I thought it obvious he didn't care. He let them do another season, and he even postponed the chapter release for the anime release.

I think the closest we got was some scenes in the 3rd golden age arc film. How they layered 2d over the 3s models and then had them run at the same fps. Obviously it wasn't the best, but it looked damn good in some scenes.

Producers? Yeah that's all on them.
Director? Less so. Directors assemble a team and do the job they're assigned the way they see fit. The director for berserk got dealt a shitty hand and did a subpar job as a result. The shows killing him too since his personal illustrations are all of him being defeated or exhausted. Itagaki can do great work but his work on berserk is truly tragic. My personal opinion is they should have kept it as a movie series since it did work for the past 3. The 2d parts looked beautiful in there at least

>literally everything about this

Truly, Miura is the actual final boss of Berserk. Not Griffith,

Speaking of the anime, the one thing I remember when it aired is people getting mad because they apparently "whitewashed" Casca. It was hilarious because most of the people crying about this weren't even readers of Berserk. They just saw some clickbait title saying that some anime heroine got whitewashed and they got all triggered.

I never understood why so many people think Casca is black. At first I though it was just trolling, but there are people who legit think she's Berserk's equivalent of african. Donovan is an example of a black in Berserk. I'd say Casca would be more along the lines of arab or indian.

Blaming the normies for ruining a medium that is only watched by degenerates seems quite ridiculous to be honest.
Seems as normies has just become a term to describe "someone who is less of a nerd than me"

Ya, just release a Berserk film once every few years going over another arc or sections of an arc. that would have been nice.

She's always just been portrayed as tan as fuck. So seeing her be white is kind of a dumb decision but I don't care too much. But yeah, the article writers were just looking for click bait, while the fans just wanted an explanation as to why they decided to make her white.

always pictured her as indian. i didn't even notice a difference in the anime

Holy shit, dude, you're right. That's exactly what it fucking means. How'd you figure it out??
Like why call them normies? Why not, I dunno, people who only like vanilla content that doesn't overstep any boundaries so that grandma can enjoy it too?
Ya, that rolls off the tongue much better.

Point is, it used to mean something different, until normies like you ruined it.

Her background is never specifically given, but it's assumed she's of Kushan descent. In which case she would be Berserk's equivalent of an Indian.

But honestly it doesn't matter. Like another user said, it was just for the sake of clickbait articles to rile up the perpetually offended crowd that will find anything to get mad about. Casca was always tanned skin. She was never black neither was she white.

>assuming it meant anything else in the first place
lol??

so, think the elf dude is gonna make her sane again?

I always assumed she was a kushan rape baby

What the fuck did they do to Farneze.

>We need the SAO audience

coherrent maybye not sane

no, her parents sold her out to some rich aristocrat as a sex slave

There will be some sort of side effect. Remember, Skull Knight's foreshadowing? I think she'll get better, but nowhere near fully healed. Even if she does regain her sanity, she has to come to terms with what happened to her and her friends during the Eclipse. It's why her mind broke in the first place.

I personally really loved the 3 movies and wish they'd have continued to make them rather than that blasted series

Skull Knight's forshadowing could also mean that she does not want to kill Griffith for whatever reason. It would be retarded, but who knows.

>??
>lol??

You really are cancer, typing like 13 year old girl texting.

I'm a big fan of Serpico, but I do recognize that his character is essentially pointless in the ensemble. If anyone in the nu-Berserk team has to go it's going to be him.

>that scene where Griffith protects her from Zodd and she wants to be held by him
Fuck you stupid women and your unconditional love, he fucking RAPED YOU.

The nips doesn't care about Crunchy or the Gaijins though.

It didn't sell, the second season was probably already green lit even before the first one aired

>not knowing your 4chins lingo from the other boards
get your shit posting checked user, you need to step up your game if you're insulting my age.

They also improved with each film too

Either him or Farnese if they cure Casca properly.
I'm going to marry Farnese!!

that does sound like something they'd do since they know it will make some semblance of money anyways from the name alone.

they're actually good? i just assumed they were terrible and never ended up watching them.

She can't really help it. Remember Griffith is using her son's body as a vessel. She obviously sensed it and was drawn to him. Still, that scene did make me pissed because she longed for the guy who raped her into retardation and caused her son to be born as an abomination.

Isidro too
As characters they don't bring a lot to the table

>eclipse scene in her dreams will show guts raping her

>that step up from the first film's animation to the second
Holy shit, I heard people talking about how it improved but it was great.

They're actually not that bad, they do skim over some shit and the CG is janky at first but I enjoyed them for a short time waster
It's leagues beyond the shit we got last year

That would be like one final fuck you to Guts from Griffith. I don't think he even loves Casca anymore after he almost choked the bitch out. It's clear he cares about her well being obviously, but he just seems so apathetic towards her now.
They were a shitty pairing anyways.
Judeu should have survived

You know if someone as average as Judeo survived that sort of defeats the purpose of the Eclipse now doesn't it?

Yup, even Casca only survived due to the Band sacrificing themselves to get her away and then Griffith wanting to fuck her in front of Guts

The first movie was pretty fucking bad with it's CG. The second and third movie get better with the CG. The other problem people have with the third movie at least is Casca's rape. It was outsourced to a hentai studio, and it shows. She took that demon dicking like a champ in the movie and even shoved her tongue into Femto's mouth.

>No Lost Children arc

Too brutal? Too many naked kids?

I'm saying it because he actually gave more of a shit about Casca than Guts ever did or will.
But since the Eclipse was about Griffith cucking Guts and not Judeu it makes more sense for the story.
That and if the manga focused on Judeu as the main character it would turn into your basic kirito power fantasy bullshit sadly.

IMO that makes it even more horrifying.

Did any of you really think a new director could salvage it? It's fucked from the start.

I forget, was she an apostle? or just some bitch infected with cuhrayzee magick?

It's the opposite. It's Berserk, it's fucking perfect from the start.

The direction is the only thing that renders it unwatchable.

Yup, the fact that she actually wanted it shows how fucked up her devotion to Griffith really is. It's based purely on her own lust and nothing else. And that's terrifying to Guts, and Griffith knows it.

What would you rather have?

The anime adaptation redeeming itself and actually being good, but one new manga chapter this year.

Or the anime be even worse then last season, but a new chapter every month.

new chapter every month in a hearbeat

Apostle. Shit, she even dined on the band of the hawk. Part of her long list of things she did which was literally no wrong.

It makes more sense too because he's doing it to hurt Guts. If even a fraction of his will was dedicated to wanting Casca he could've had her literally at any point in his life.

none of them would have survived without S.K.

That was probably what they were going for. Guts screaming and mutilating himself while hearing the wet squelching sounds of Griffith pounding Casca while she erotically moans gave the a pretty uncomfortable boner.

>after the eclipse
Lost Children and the Trolls were and still are the best parts.

You call that uncomfortable? I was getting a boner from everything else.

What happened to the guy who directed the movies? Too good for Berserk?

A lot of people forget that before Guts came along, and even after he joined up with Griffith initially, Casca was thirsty as fuck for Griffith. If he appeared to her naked, told her to get undressed and get on a bed so he can fuck her she'd do it in a fucking heartbeat.

completely different companies/groups

ok?

Listen here.
I dont understand this fucking argument that Caska loved it.
Remember in the first chapters when Guts nearly passed out due to pain by being within, what, 5 feet of Griffith due to the pain of the brand?

Guts has a higher affinity to pain than Caska, especiallly after hunting apostles for two fucking years after the Eclipse which is when Count arc is going on, or maybe one year, somewhere in between.

Griffith was fucking inside Caska, not 5 feet from her, fucking inside. The pain from the brand and from getting the demon dick before Griffith decided to finish it off with a glorious creampie was certainly not welcomed, nor pleasant for her.

Her brain literally shut down from the pain, both emotionally and physically to protect itself from dying due to shock.

Wanted it?
Get the fuck out of here with that shit.