What happened to architecture?

What happened to architecture?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Living-Machines-Bauhaus-Architecture-Ideology/dp/0898704642
vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=368342
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c
youtube.com/watch?v=raQ9lKpz7qE
web.archive.org/web/20140628065316/http://www.thedailystar.net/berlin-house-of-one-the-first-church-mosque-synagogue-30173
thebohemianblog.com/2016/05/skopjes-colourful-revolution-fighting-tyranny-with-street-art.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they try to build everything as cheaply as possible, so everything looks cheap and bleak

Steel.

Read about Le Corbusier. He started modern architecture.

Less money on brick means more money for welfare.

Modern and contemporary architecture sucks. Search architects like Christopher Alexander, Rob and Leon Krier, Quinlan and Francis Terry. They are the resistance.

amazon.com/Living-Machines-Bauhaus-Architecture-Ideology/dp/0898704642
vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=368342
THIS is what the fuck happened!!!
READ THIS BOOK!!!
2nd link is to audio study of it's contents. If nothing else, at least get the first .mp3 with chapters 1-2 and take an hour to answer your question.
I'm NOT trolling nor shilling, I'm just pointing you to the legit answer to your question.

slave labor became illegal, and hence it's now financially impossible to fund buildings styled like they had in the past.

watch this, goys
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c

Only good architecture is the antique one. Those 18th/19th century bourgeois houses are nothing special.

thats some nice nephilim pussy

classic architecture is fundamental to humans prosperity

Bauhaus happened.
Truly the worst and only crime of Germany.

there is inherent privilege associated with studying architecture and thus should be brought down. with prison you have the oppressed living in a castle.

Frankfurt School Jews started telling everybody that ugliness was good.

Bottom right would actually look decent if it had some plants growing on those ledges.

shit had to be quickly rebuilt after the war

the more modern shit is what's questionable

>ancap
>subversive
this is a religion for feels and fedoras. you can try to stop me, but you will need borders.

Art is just like, whatever man.

Yeah I studied art for 5 years. Why? 'Cause you gotta have a really high IQ to appreciate Pollock man. You couldn't do it, you wouldn't understand. But also art can't be judged and it's just up to the viewer.

My thoughts exactly. Not all modern architecture is bad, provided it's put in an organic context.

Scandinavian brutalist cancer. You owe it to yourselves, again.
You had to because you cities were leveled to the fucking ground. At least we did Rotterdam up nicely, most of your cities look like shit. Understandable though.

they all seem very retarded

This is the US new London embassy offering which is the most expensive building the US has built out side of it's borders
youtube.com/watch?v=raQ9lKpz7qE

It reflects America very well: ugly to look at, functionally useless, too expensive abd shits up a foreign country.

It's all poopy now

Subversion by kikes and marxists. Architecture is essential to cultural expression and instilling it in the people. Remove beauty and replace it with ugly slabs or overly garish nonsense with no historical grounding. It all works in favour of a global population.

You let anyone in your front door?

Have some overheating GPU architecture.

This is my fantasy

>shadman

>lets just throw some plants on this lego-like building to nake it look "organic"
Tasteless plebs. It looks unatural, bland and flat no matter how many plants you put around it.

There hasnt been a good architectural movement since art-deco

Craft was the only way in old days. No it've become expensive.

Damn stupid people who don't appreciate Modern / Contemporary art.

Oh hey an architecture thread.
Guess I'm gonna post the ususal.

Top looked like a prison
Huge improvement

I worked as a bug tester in some game in its alpha stage. I submitted hundreds of reports before they found out that it was a GPU problem lol

Stalinist?

let me give you some OC from Germany

fuck off M8
bauhaus is great

No, it's somewhere in France

Yes, this abomination is real

This place doesn't really exist and is an artistic rendering, isn't it?

this one hurts me inside

Ask the belgians

WE

Why the fuck don't we build something like this anymore?

DIVERSITY IS (((BEAUTIFUL)))

>suddenly develops giantess fetish

>House of One
>It will be the world's first house of prayer for three religions, containing a church, a mosque, and a synagogue.
>It is to be built in Fischerinsel, on the site where the first church in Berlin, St Peter's, once stood.
web.archive.org/web/20140628065316/http://www.thedailystar.net/berlin-house-of-one-the-first-church-mosque-synagogue-30173
If you thought architecture was non-political...

restored or faux-classical architecture?

thebohemianblog.com/2016/05/skopjes-colourful-revolution-fighting-tyranny-with-street-art.html

>his subway stations dont look like this

whats your excuse?

Mostly this. Some really beautiful buildings were built in a way that would be considered criminal to us in modern times. Rulers empties state coffers on vanity projects.

"les espaces d abraxas in noisy le grand"

Why though? Why make it more bland and boring? Was it destroyed during the war and rebuilt?

The same thing that happened to music, fashion, design in general, etc. Look at a modern car vs. almost anything made pre-1965. Our technology is unquestionably superior, but somehow we're afraid to look "pompous" by striving for art. You could blame the tendency to put profit before everything, resulting in cheaper architecture, but if the average person just didn't enter buildings that didn't look good, that wouldn't be a problem, because ugly buildings would be bad for business. Our civilization just doesn't value aesthetics enough.

>REEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE SPENDING THEIR MONEY HOW THEY WANT AND NOT HOW I WANT

You guys do realise you can buy and protect sites like these right? Not to mention build your homes like it.
If more people where actually employed on here we might have had a shot at protecting large swaths of culture, sadly most people here seem to be NEETS raging at people with more money than them.

Our diversity is our strength

Nah, the old building got demolished, and they'll build a new one using the 1923 facade plans.

No wonder freemasons are fucking angry all the time.

Looks like the inside of some russian brothels I have been

Nice view of Gotham!

AESTHETICS

>When Sup Forums tries to fit into society

I live in a third world country.

SUPERFICIAL

>freemasons
cancer

Modernism

Stockholm is the reason Sweden looks like communist Russia, so blame them for sucking communist cock

IMHO that sleek modern architecture looks better in some cases.

leftist nihilism