HHHHOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYSHHHHHIIITTTTT WHAT

HHHHOOOOOLLLLLYYYYYSHHHHHIIITTTTT WHAT

What the fuck kind of shitstorm hit Sup Forums during this scene when it aired?

I'm finally watching it and HOLY COW I didn't see that coming

We discussed ass and boobs a lot, good times, now stop typing like a faggot.

It's an entertaining show and I've never even watched a fan service heavy show like this before (it's why I'd avoided it).

Nothing in that show was surprising.

True, doesn't stop it from being entertaining as fuck though.

tfw i actually liked kill la kill

Nice joke.

Why wouldn't you? It's a good show

What was surprising, at all? I'm not trying to say it wasn't a fun watch but it seemed to be exactly what everyone was expecting every step of the way.

ttgl was better

>2013 was 20 years ago

Did it have as good of TnA though?

Attorney for the defence rests.

No one cared because klk plot is random garbage thrown together that can't be followed or cared about.

People thinking there was gonna be a Kamina moment was great.

What the fuck did you even type
Nice england grandmar skills

I genuinely dont remember the scene OP is talking about, which episode was this?

>Bois have nipples but girls, not

don't know the episode, but its when Satsuki betrayed best mom right?

Remind me what episode this is and what just happened.

man fuck you and your shit

fuck everyone on this thread fuck you i will search for you and kill you because fuck you and i will fuck your dog too you fuck

fuck everything and fuck everyone that reads, fucking idiot

feeling down user?

Hype as fuck . And forgot everything after the end .

Its literally the turning point in the show, when everything goes off the fucking rails

Eyebrows just stabbed mommy in the back

Do I start watching ttgl now instead of finishing it?

your eyes are so tiny like Ching Chang Chong
trigger is not cool than Kyoani.

No finish KLK. When I said everything goes off the rails, I meant it in a good way

Oh. Wasn't that fairly obvious?

>the school is literally called Honnōji academy
>one of the student council is called "the monkey"

If you didn't see the nobunaga parallels and inevitable betrayal coming then I just do not know what to tell you.

Explain what those refer to pls

i don't know jap history. also your probably talking to the wrong person.
even not knowing history, Satsuki and her crew were to likable to remain villains.

will there ever be an anime as deep as KLK? I don't think so

>but it seemed to be exactly what everyone was expecting every step of the way.

lolno, Sup Forums's theories were blown the fuck out every week

Anons were like wooo, probably complaining about Nui, "don't lose your way", monkey/nononfags were shitposting

Fuck off, retard.
Forgettable and stupid. Only good thing was the amount of ass.

At a particular moment in japanese history, the country essentially fractures into a number of warring states.

One of those states is run by a dude named nobunaga. He swiftly conquers kyoto and then essentially consolidates his power.

This lasts up until he is betrayed, and killed (he commits suicide under duress basically) at the temple of honnoji. This comes to be known as the honnoji-incident.

Nobunaga also had a general who was part of his army named Toyotomi Hideyoshi. This dude is commonly referred to as "the monkey"

The fact that kill la kill takes place at honnoji academy, and that one of the major characters is a "general" nicknamed "monkey" should have been major hints that somebody was gonna get betrayed.

But Oda wasn't betrayed by the Monkey.

>Oda
>betrayed

maybe if he wasn't a homicidal maniac then Mitsuhide wouldn't need to rebel against him

monkeyman was behind it all anyway

>I avoided it because boobs and asses are unintellectual, unlike the works that mature individuals such as myself drink in, such as Monster and LOGH

Irrelevant to the parallel. They don't need to be exact. (moreover in this case, many people were assuming Satsuki is the nobunaga stand in, in which case monkey doesn't betray her anyway.)

Didn't like either

I just think there's a way to do fanservice rugb right and a way to do it wrong and clearly klk was in the right

It was all over the board and 90% of people wanted to suck Satsuki's cock

The other 10% wanted to see her beat up and broken, and they got their wish literally one week afterwards. Fucking Trigger

BEST GIRL

So it should have been soooooo obvious as long as you know the story of nobunaga and change the roles of the characters to fit a parallel role in the story?

If you know the story of nobunaga, you know that there are clear parallels being drawn. You're likely to suspect somebody is going to be betrayed. Now maybe you dont know who is gonna be betraying who, but then you're introduced to literally the final boss, long before she is betrayed.

It was pretty obvious that either Ragyo or Satsuki was going to be betrayed by somebody, as they're both potential stand-ins for nobunaga. So when Satsuki betrays her mother, the clear major antagonist, well, if you found that surprising... It was definitely hinted at quite strongly (and non-subtly.)

>The fact that kill la kill takes place at honnoji academy, and that one of the major characters is a "general" nicknamed "monkey" should have been major hints that somebody was gonna get betrayed.
Yeah and they hinted Monkey might not be as loyal as the others and that was misdirection because it wasn't Satsuki who got betrayed. That was the twist.

SATSUKIFAGS == ultimate cancer of KLK

Nuifags are sensible people in comparison to you

Satsukicucks are just crossies from Sup Forums, who were responsible for every single shitpost back when tKLK was still ongoing

remember how "everyone" called Ryuko "sonic the edgehogh" (the black sonic?) = all Satsukifags workings

Nuifags are deranged. and Ryuko was a mess of a protagonist.

Satsuki has a nice butt and that makes her alright in my books

See, this is why Nuifags will always be better than you

>nice butt
>ugly as fuck face
>even uglier personality

meanwhile

>Ryuko has a nice butt
>Nonon has a nice butt
>Maiko has a nice butt
>even the shark girl has a nice butt and a much prettier face and personality than Satsuki

>Ugly personality
She's a sweet girl when not on the warpath and a great and fearsome leader when on it. And she doesn't turn on her friends when things go wrong.

>She's a sweet girl

she literally isn't
she is not sweet at all, she is a stuck up cunt used to her posh and rich lifestyle - which she never could afford herself, since she has no actual job skills / can't provide the world with anything of value

which is why at the end of KLK, she was relegated to nothing more than Takarada's trophy wife - and Takarada turned Honnouji from a despotic communist/feminist shithole to a land of plenty and a land of happiness, with his beautiful capitalism

>she is a stuck up cunt used to her posh and rich lifestyle
>which is why at the end of KLK, she was relegated to nothing more than Takarada's trophy wife
oh so you're delusional, good to know, won't waste my time arguing any further.

>which is why at the end of KLK, she was relegated to nothing more than Takarada's trophy wife - and Takarada turned Honnouji from a despotic communist/feminist shithole to a land of plenty and a land of happiness, with his beautiful capitalism
That's some serious headcanon.

some theories say that Hideyoshi was behind Mitsuhide, also watch Hyouge Mono

That's a high case of autism, mate. Get checked.

I'm saying this because I saw you post the same thing over and over again.

and feminists still out there complaining

>evil ryuko making out with nui
>satsuki in senketsu
>satsuki gets her shit kicked in
>mako dies in a dream sequence
>she rips her fucking skin off right before the end

this was the most hype episode of anything trigger has or ever will make. i vividly remember screaming at my tv the whole time

Yes but nothing has been better than TTGL in the last 10 years

Why the fuck are you even posting on this board?
Go make some trash thread on reddit and circlejerk this average show with other casuals you filth.
TTGL is just a worse paced stretched out version of Diebuster

Shit, I remember catching the untranslated streams on KLK Thursdays, spoiling in the process the last few minutes of each Valvrave episode. Those were some hype months on Sup Forums.

>Last 10 years

Your opinion is shit

I still remember the week of arm puns after Ryuko disarmed Nui

It was fucking glorious. You should check the archives some time.
>camps of Tits and Ass going at it constantly that even made it into a fucking sticky
>gorrilion hype threads at all times
>threads worshipping even minor characters like Takarada
There's way more, but I forgot the rest.
It was pretty fun. Everyone can shit on it now since it's over, but it made for some good times.

Yeah they were a handful

Sup Forums exploded back then. We had generals almost every week after that episode aired. Crazy theories galore, discussions and fanbase confrontations. It was a wild, loud and awesome time to be on Sup Forums.

Ha! I bet you were there shitposting about Satsuki being a Mary Sue.

The only way you can get what you expected out of KlK is if you were expecting a wild roller coaster ride.

I remember when the costume died or whatever.

Literally half the catalog was klk-threads.

Yeah, Senketsu getting destroyed the first time was also a shocker. Back then we didn't know about Ryuuko's true identity so for all intents and purposes she was pretty screwed.

screenshots pls

I remember that everybody on Sup Forums predicted that they were sisters. Don't remember about any other theories.

People thought the Nudist beach guy was the Sats & Ryuko's dad, that Satsuki would synchronize with Junketsu, and that Ragyio would be killed by a dual scissor sister attack (I'm still mad that one didn't happen).

>she rocks senketsu better than ryuko

Holy shit

The biggest twist of KLK was the Satsuki was the true all along

The true heroine*

The airing of Kill la Kill was Sup Forums constantly shitting itself after every episode with a mixture of contempt and masturbation while people murdered each other over Ryuko's boobs and best girl Satsuki's ass.

She managed to hear Senketsu out of her sheer greatness. Making Ryuko the hero was a mistake.

I'm not saying it was the most surprising thing ever, I'm saying the parallels you're drawing to nobunaga's story as a clear reference to predict the events of KLK are flimsy at best. And you continue to prove my point with your responses. Go to bed you fucking wannabe weeb sperg

Weird, I seem to recall most of Sup Forums expecting another TTGL and coming away very disappointed

pretty sure we went to bed hours ago

They literally used terms from the betrayal of Nobunaga (see Honnouji and The Monkey)

Ryuuko's constant ineptitude pushed me to appreciate Satsuki far more than I usually would "villains". I was overjoyed when she turned out to be a particularly crafty good guy instead. Her presence in the show made me tolerate Ryuuko's jobbing.

>Ryuko isn't a mary sue who wins every fight
>somehow this is a bad thing

Ryuko should have been the former rival/reluctant ally type to Satsuki's hero. Most of the story could even have stayed the same.
I mean, she flat out said she wasn't even seeking revenge or anything like that since she didn't know her dad that much but just wanted to find out what happened to him. Satsuki was the one holding most of the emotional stakes.

What archive has Sup Forums threads from Kill La Kill's airing time? Desuarchive doesn't turn up anything in search.

Good times

You and I remember the hype train very differently.

LODS

Ryuko was pretty mad that someone killed her father before she got a chance to know him. Senketsu was likely imbued with his personality so she did get her chance even if she doesn't realize it

Satsuki was a jobber a well but was a much more compelling character with strong defined goals.

All I seem to have are gifs. guess this was before webms

How is she a jobber? She didn't lose once until Raygo

She lost like three times against Ragyo.

>more compelling character
In terms of development over the course of the story, certainly. But in terms of personality, Ryuko is better.

Watching the livestream was pretty fun. Everyone was hyped as fuck when gamagoori appeared.

So, is this Satsuki?

Tetsuya Naito lost to Okada loads of times and he' s not a jobber

I don't mind her struggling, but she didn't get around to winning much or making a positive change. She abandoned her friends and turned on them out of angst, just to make things even harder for the good guys that were actually carrying their weight. She mattered for what she was, not for what she did. An object, not an actor.

He's right though. The majority of fan services is done terribly and only detracts from the show.