21 to drink

>21 to drink
>18 to have an assault rifle
what the fuck is wrong with America?

Alcohol is a far bigger killer than guns so I guess it's sensible.

>Alcohol is a far bigger killer than guns
surely not a 18-20yo

at*

Of course it is at those ages you dumb taco

most alcohol deaths are for alcoholism and most alcoholics aren't teens
it's very rare to die just for too much alcohol in the same night, you'll vomit the shit out of you before it happens

SHALL

Entirely logical. One needs to master the assault rifle before mastering beer.

so that they shoot sober

(((Frank Lautenberg))) forced states to change the drinking age because some second wave feminist mommies wanted it.

They couldn't do that with guns it would be unconstitutional.

16 to have a rifle actually

What's with the constant whining? You anti-gun cucks should just be happy that there are any obstacles for buying a gun.
Guns are protected by the first amendment, as far as I know there is no amendment talking about how 18 year olds should be able to drink.

Americans aren't responsible nor mature enough to handle alcohol at 18. I hate to say it, but it's the truth.

Your brain hasn't stopped developing in your mid 20s but a child can learn how to handle a gun properly and be safe with it
And for that matter at 16 you can drive a bunch a moving hunk of metal that is far more dangerous then a gun

NOT

Why don’t you just focus on your own country’s issues pasta nigger?

>Can own any rifle caliber possible when 18, including big stuff like 50 cal with virtually no mag limit in most states
>Can't buy any small caliber pistol with generally small mag sizes until 21
I'm pro-gun but this doesn't make any sense. A lot of our gun laws make no sense.

21 to smoke now too, in some places

It is not legal to own assault rifles in America. The major characteristic of an assault rifle is full auto fire capability. These types of rifles are not legal, although they should be. The government is our servant, not our master. The servant has no right to tell the master what he may or may not own.

uh. We're cool? And not gay?

i have no problem with guns made to defend yourself (assault rifles are a bit more problematic) but this isn't the point
it's simply absurd to limit alcohol to an age beyond the age of majority while a 18yo can hold a war weapon or go to war

age of majority is supposed to have a meaning
ofc a 18yo is not a 30yo, but that goes beyond the law and it's subjective

Everything can be absurd when you're being a complete idiot comparing apples to oranges.
Guns and alcohol are not competing for which one gets the least regulations.

it's basic common sense
a weapon in the wrong hands is not comparable to a cup of beer

That's literally what I am telling you, you low IQ fag.
They're not comparable, so stop comparing them.
They're two completely unrelated things treated differently by the law. One of the reasons why alcohol isn't given to children is because it's believed that it stunts growth and causes psychological issues. That's why only adults are allowed to drink alcohol. In some countries 18 is when you're considered an adult, but obviously you're still not growing at 18, so US considers 21 year olds to be adults.
Last time I checked people don't drink guns, so what the fuck are you even comparing them for?

Well because of 1913 it made all citizens employee of the USA corporation. And that made it so that we are subjected to the 1920 law which basically made it legal for the government to say what goes into oursystem because we are now employees of the USA Corp.

Basically before hand, we were individual corporations. Now since the Fed, we have sold our corporation to the USA, which they outlawed drinking under 21.

Now, of course this is unconstitutional and should change. But no one understands.

You think George Washington or Ben Franklin or Alexander Hamilton would be okay with having to show a proof of ID before purchasing a product taxed to hell after fighting the war with the brits?

Nahhhh

But not bigger than 50, 20 mm is considered a DD.

I would say that is BECAUSE of the raised drinking age, not the cause of it.

Alcohol was less of a problem among teens when college freshman could openly drink. Make them hide it, and this is what happens.

age of majority = legal adulhood
>but you are still growing
it doesn't matter, LEGALLY you are an adult
you can go to war? you are an adult
the only low IQ thing is the American law about it, and indeed all Europe laughs at it

Kek. I got my first rifle on my 11th birthday. Most kids in my class already had one.

Do you actually have an argument or do you just spew buzzwords, randomly capitalize words and appeal to imagined authority?
Alcohol and guns are not comparable. What you think about the reasoning behind alcohol laws in US is completely irrelevant to the topic. The legal drinking age could 21 because of some typo someone made and it still wouldn't make your retarded thread any less retarded.

Fucking Mario here is the reason
>18 to have an assault rifle
So you have 3 years to learn how to use it and how dangerous it is if in the wrong hands
>21 to drink
If in the previous 3 years you learnt something is to use your weapons carefully so DON'T DRINK WHILE ARMED

Is so simple, wish we could have a second amendment

if you can argue with a bit of common sense instead of autistic rhetoric it is
if you think that it's reasonable that one can be of age to go to war or carry a device of war but not to drink a fucking cup of beer you are probably as insane as them

Not an argument and the shit ''logic'' you're spewing isn't common sense. You can't throw out terms like ''common sense'' when you have no argument.
Common sense is not comparing two completely unrelated things. Common sense is not claiming that laws should be changed to satisfy some autist who thinks there's a relation between alcohol laws and gun laws.

Come back when you're not underage.

>Implying it'd be better for 18 year olds to have guns and be intoxicated

It is when they also drive a gas-powered 500KG box of metal that can travel at 135km per hour.

Anything bigger then 20mm is a DD, 20MM isn't a dd

ok how about the statistics of driving fatalities involving a driver under the influence versus gun deaths

PASS

Literally women. Mother's against drunk driving went full Hellen Lovejoy muh chilluns.

you should only take those between 18 to 20 to make a valid comparison
The laws and the opinions in any civilized country but America agrees with my point
eat shit

agree*

>The founders wanted to tax whisky until all the scot-irish chimped out.

The drinking age was 18 not too long ago. I think it changed in the 80s.

No one agrees with your ''point.'' Your ''point'' doesn't even make sense.
You connect two completely unrelated things without explaining how they're connected, and when people call you a retard you act like you've won.
You're a fucking idiot. I hope you retarded faggot will grow out of this phase when you're not underage anymore.

they are absolutely connected because it implies that alcohol requires more responsibility than holding a weapon or going to war, which is retarded
now keep insulting like a 13 years old while you call me underage

you only find laws like that in the mid-west. East and West cost are cucked when it comes to shit like that.

> it implies that alcohol requires more responsibility than holding a weapon or going to war
Where does it imply that?

LOL, stay mad you butthurt eurocucks.

by stating that you should be at least 21?
why should you be at least 21 otherwise?
and please don't mention psychological effects because there is nothing that can fuck up a person more than being sent to war

Stop trying to shift goalposts. You made the thread strictly about guns and alcohol.
We are already talking about comparing apples to oranges, we don't need to start talking about pineapples now.

I'll let your underage ass on a little secret, war is even less comparable to gun laws and alcohol. The reason they accept 18 year olds in the army is because they need to able body strong men. It has nothing to do with responsibility or their health.
The state needs soldiers and they get them. Period. Don't even try to compare it to fucking gun laws and alcohol, you stupid faggot.

yeah, I forgot mentioning going to war in my OP, my bad
anyway, psychological effects are bullshit
Europeans start drinking before of 18 and I'm pretty sure we have less nutcases than the US
I don't believe this is the reason behind the law anyway
>>The reason they accept 18 year olds in the army is because they need to able body strong men
>>The state needs soldiers and they get them.
>muh state comes before personal freedom to drink traditional beverages of any civilized country

You're right, an age limit on gun purchases is ridiculous. Is there an age limit on the First Amendment? Kids can have hunting licenses, and in fact in my state they have to pass a gun safety course to get one. So they're hunting with dad's or mom's guns, or with guns they were given as a gift, but they can't buy one? It's stupid, you're right. We'll get on changing that.

>psychological effects are bullshit
How can you be this retarded? It's completely irrelevant. The reasoning behind why the legal drinking age is 21 is irrelevant to the ''point'' you are trying to make, because guns are in no way comparable to alcohol.
You're just going in circles.

Either the law is right or it's wrong. If it's wrong, explain why. Don't start going ''hurr look at this random law, this says 18, but this completely unrelated law says 21????'' That's not an argument.

You have a problem with the gun laws being too lenient, or you have a problem with alcohol laws being too strict. Running in circles about muh 18 muh 21 does nothing to explain why you have a problem with either of them.

>1 European with a truck can kill more people than an american with 20 assault rifles

Its scary to think what would happen if you guys had the same amount of freedom

Generally most rights are limited to adults.

laws need to be justified and coherent, we are not in the USSR my friend
legally they can do as they wish, but logically this is not coherent
if you think that an age beyond the age of majority is not enough to drink you need to have a very good reason
>because guns are in no way comparable to alcohol
false
these laws are about responsibility and danger, so a ground for a comparison exists, and in this comparison American law gives to alcohol an higher risk, which is what I'm criticizing

laws don't exist just because, they exist for a reason, so they require a justification
and no, I don't have to explain why it's wrong, it's who support it that has to explain why it's right, especially when they are the only ones doing this nonsense

and stop insulting you fucking Russian colony

Nah, it's bigger than .50 or like 12-13mm. Shotgun slugs at .69-70 are an exception, and if they weren't specifically exempted would qualify as a DD.

>It is when they also drive a gas-powered 500KG box of metal that can travel at 135km per hour.
driving drunk is a crime regardless of age

I'll stop insulting you when you stop being fucking retarded.
Each law has different reasoning behind it.
You are by law required to wear a seat belt in a car. Why? Why doesn't the same law apply to buying a gun? Why do you not need to wear a seat belt while buying a gun?
In the US you need to be 35 year old to run for president. Why is that? Why shouldn't you you be 35 before you can buy beer?
It's because different laws have different reasoning behind them.

There is no reason why the legal drinking age should resemble gun laws in any way whatsoever. The legal drinking age could be 80 and it would still not mean anything for the gun laws.
You have your head so far up your ass I have no idea what fallacy you're even using anymore. This is just insane.

>Why do you not need to wear a seat belt while buying a gun?
because it doesn't make fucking sense?
you are just using rhetoric to defend something inane
ask yourself why they are the only ones considering alcohol more dangerous than a rifle
ask yourself if you would be really more worried for a kid holding a beer than for one holding a loaded AK47

We don't care about europe

to have an assault rifle
Dumbshit thinks a semiauto is an "assault rifle"
Just kill yourself and stop being scared by what something looks like.8

>this scares the murrican parent
i'm certainly less scared by this than by your .8

>Muslim
>European

> cheap depressant instead of prozac
You can not undermine big pharma profits.

They only allowed hemp to advertise it as a drug. If they would allow people to understand, that hemp is a source of fibers, that is better and much cheaper than cotton, big cotton would crash with no survivors.

Alcohol would not kill you in your youth anyway.

ftfy

Hard to conceal a 50 cal in your waistband

What the fuck is wrong with you? Alcohol kills more than guns in this country.

It’s so our young men and women have a chance to learn to control their firearms before mixing them with alcohol. It makes sense to me.

Why did you have to import so many slaves, Dixie user? Our country would be so much better if you just picked your own dann cotton.

But you can't get assault rifles anymore in the US

this burger speaks the truth, I'd fucking pick the cotton my damn self if it meant we'd never have to be plagued with niggers

our booze laws are anachronistic and need updating

18 year olds can be trusted with responsibility, if they aren't shitfaced.

>Still can't win a war

Ironically enough europe has more freedom when it comes to tech privacy

>have 1 life
>be born italian

why not just suicide?

Just slit your wrists. Not joking. Seriously.

Dumb amerimutts

Our government is shit. Anybody could have told you this. Honestly, it's kind of annoying how we get so much shit for what pur shitty government does.