Why can't anything be done in western countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvFWQYiR-DM
bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32448103/mystery-artist-highlights-bury-potholes-with-penis-drawings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Usually if something is being done poorly its because of government involvement. Even if the work is contracted out to private industry the contract is usually written in a way to allow and encourage lazy slow government like progress.

cultural differences

>HURR LETS JUST PAVE OVER IT ITS FIXED
The absolute state of japan

where im from the construction is like the top picture, city workers just sit round bullshitting it seems. But when i went down to Florida they were redoing whole blocks over a weekend, i was amazed. Just depends on where you're at i guess

That's what's done most of the time in the US.

Test bump

It’s because of politics and corruption.
The longer they can delay the project, the more money they milk the county, and the politicians who approve the work get a kickback.

As I have been told by my professor about the US railway: They live on the opposite end of the quality spectrum.
Its cheap and it works for what they want.
Regarding roads I think the US might have a similar sistem with all its advantages and disadvantages.

it's 5 yrs in here

Because spics and niggers bleed the US government dry.

Unions

>muh government is fucking my perfect world up
>retards actually believe this

This. Stay out of liberal shit holes. They're full of corruption

But that's literally done everywhere, except the same thing is done slower in certain places.

>retards actually don't believe this
boy

Niggers aren't free even if shipping them over doesn't cost you anything.

actually this

Private organizations have to compete actively and cope with their resources / handling them economically.

So yes, government construction is most likely to be uneconomical and slow.

This. The government isn't a competitive part of a market, therefore they have no need to do anything quickly, and can waste as much money as they like taking as long as they want to do whatever they want, as there is no competition and therefore no negative consequence for wasting time and money.

Oh wait, that's the stupidest thing ever, never mind.

>implying japan roads are private and non-government constructed

Fucking kek. Japan public roadworks work better than Spanish, American or French public roadworks.

But, why? The public management is better in Japan because of a different social ethos.
What you have to change is the mentality of the population and the workers.
How? Education, maybe? Japanese students learn discipline not only in home but also in the school.

Contract workers are some of the laziest scumbags I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. The last time I had to deal with them they were all scrawny little faggots that's couldn't work an hour before taking a break.

Its because Americans couldnt give less of a damn about public infrastructure and the rest of your examples are fucking broke.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvFWQYiR-DM

education has nothing to do ith it. education has proven to make almost no difference in outcomes

the japanese are more similar to englisch than chinese and the english are more like jp people than euros

jp/england have had decentral capital and manorialism that forced cooperation among all people (typically on pain of starvation) but permitted people to leave.

contrast that ith abject slavery in continentaly europe/china

the japanese, english, and americans are different because unlike europeans they arent
1. corrupt
2 have decentral systens (including lack of codified legal systems due to high levels of trust)
3. higher intelligence uotient
4. arent fucking niggers

Japan pays per mile of work or some crap while America is min wage for repairing roads.

I've lived in Florida my entire life, something changed big time. In the 90s and early 00s, road construction simply did not happen. They put the cones up, shut down some lanes, and then it stays like that for eight years.
But some time around 2010, it changed. Now an entire main stretch of road going throughout the city is done in under a month. Actually, they over-maintenance them now. If the road just starts turning too light, they decide it's time to repave them. We got even richer in the past decade or something because you see a lot of money dumped on unnecessary things like those repaves and sidewalks in the middle of nowhere. Stupid shit like planters in the middle of the roads that you have to drive around, brick walkways, switching from turning lanes in the median to turning lanes on the side of the road.

the systems I mentioned are all 1k years old in england/japan

the fatal conceit is that people think the developed orld is europe+japan

fucking incorrect. the modern developed nations include ONLY anglo countries, japan, and to some level confederation helvetia/netherlands

continental europe only vaguely copied the anglo project. the best of them had been germany, but they are effectively genocided so...

Unions. They're corrupt asf in US. Not so much here from my experience.

its deeper than that. england tried to force france to adopt english legal codes/protestant ork ethic. good fucking luck. you'd have only a little less luck teaching niggers calculuas

legal codes do NOT replace genetics

america sucks bc of niggers. there is no legal correction, and neither can europe or canada be cured by pieces of paper.

only genetics. continental europe cant even produce a proper university

can confirm lane expansion and repaving on 75/595 /turnkike seem to be pretty quick recently. 95 is still shit

It's the work culture. Trust me, I lived 2 years in Japan and even worked part time for a bit in construction.

They just get the job done. They don't milk the clients by being slow on purpose and the clients are happy with a good job done so the workers are always properly paid.

It's just a fantastic country in terms of infrastructure.

this is true in an absolute and mathematical sense but the magnitude of all the inputs compared to genetics, you'll find genetics has the larger magnitude

every single anglo country is richer and has less corruption than every single euro country (not ch)

even english CRIMINals are more honest/trustorthy than continental euros

the big divisions are anglos>germanics>central/southern euros>slavs

each category is probably roughly an entire standard deviation above the one after in terms of ability to be trusted

genetics.

it helps that an uneducated laborer can be left to starve if hes a fucker, but 99% of it is genetics

e.g. japanese also have the highest rate of ocd on the planetby more than double the number 2 spot (korea)

genetics man

>he public management is better in Japan because of a different social ethos.
This. I can't even wrap my head around how alien the american mindset is to work.
>Show up 30 minutes late
>unshaved and slow and lazy
>eating donut and coffee for hour before getting to work
>move one brick
>"i'm on break boss"
>eat another donut
>"second break, union rules"
>go home
>watch game of thrones for 4 hours
>go to sleep
>call in "sick" and skip next day
Are they even people anymore? Their ancestors would be ashamed

In Japan, there is a political system that can do construction without determining the budget at the time of a major disaster.
OP's picture of Japan is in the case.

Work ethic is severely lacking in western countries. Here it's all about
>What is the most profitable and best duration for me to finish?
So basically if it takes 3 years to finish a road they will because they can charge $$$ every step of the way instead of just good ol' getting it done. Also the government is a pussy and always outsources this to private companies

I cant even tell what is going on in that first picture, it's so shitty. Do you even meme?!

All of our railways are for freight not passengers. If you ride on the railway in the US you will have to wait hours for freight trains as they take priority. Meanwhile it is the opposite in Europe. It has nothing to do with us preferring lower quality. It's just that no one rides trains anymore in America so
rail companies consider passenger trains to be a waste of money.

Do you have a lisp?

Hate to break it to you but unions here are corrupt big time. Strikes on good fishing days, pay offs by contractors to not strike (not to workers, to union), union bosses getting houses built for themselves using contractors billing to the govt... list goes on.

They fixed a pothole where i live and it became worse.
It takes a year to put asphalt on a ~25 m stretch of sharp rocks and we have 1dm deep ice tracks so we can get killed while driving.

It's insanely expensive to own a car and you cant live without one, while the roads are made to purposly ruin your car.

Worked for large utilities and construction contractors in Australia and they do not milk the government. They are on very strict delivery milestones for projects and rely on winning more projects to make a decent profit.

The government employees are the ones that absolutely do nothing and then claim flex time and unlimited super multipliers.

America has the problem that non-whites induce massive corruption and inefficiency into any process they're involved in.

Yeah but cunts dont fuck around on union sites

>"second break, union rules"
>union rules
I thought this story was hyperbole until I read that.

because of unions they fuck up everything an make it harder to get jobs`

>Its because of government involvement
>Private industry are lazy and slow

So how do we solve it then

This.
Japan actually really want to fix the road, and they lose sleep over it. They feel shame if their roads are shitty. Thus they are motivated.

It's pathetic how utterly shit governments can be at doing simple tasks.

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/32448103/mystery-artist-highlights-bury-potholes-with-penis-drawings

There was a guy here who was so sick of potholes he used to spraypaint huge cocks onto them because the government would go "omg obscenity!!!" and immediately pave it over.
Then these guys have the balls to say "oh, no we were gonna do it anyway".

U fukin talkin shit bout me m8?

That's not what he said. What he means is even if a private company is contracted the contract forces them to pay prevailing wages (usually that's more than double what they'd be getting paid), no more than eight hour work days, 2 mandatory hours worth of breaks, no more than forty hour work weeks, and on top of it all they have a state supervisor on the job that knows less about what you're doing then the fucking laborers and he's walking around stopping people to ask stupid questions and talk about non work related bullshit. I absolutely hate state and union jobs but you can't not take them because they are so willing to flush tax payer money down the drain you can make a small fortune.

>nothing done
Unions and politicians don't get enough in kickbacks if shit gets done quickly.

Damn. What an amazing argument. I jerked off to pictures of government roads after reading this.

only for important infrastructure and shit that hits the news

typical development typically took as long as pic above or more

There's also a significant difference in the amount of necessary maintenance. Japan has 1.22 million miles of roadway. The US has 6.73 million miles of roadway. I'm not excusing lazy construction work, just that there's more area to be lazy on.

At least in my state, Connecticut, any government contract over $50,000 must be given to three companies to work together on the job. One must be majority black. This is not as professional as hiring one great company to finish quick and make big money

At least we jerk off to actual photographs of women instead of cartoon drawings of octopuses! FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR POKOMON!

On top of that, it's actually pretty fucking expensive to take a train cross country. Almost did it last year, you can get your own personal car with showers and beds. Like a rolling hotel room attached to a rolling bar and a rolling dining hall. But 9k seemed a little steep for NY-CO

my union told me to tell you to shut your fucking mouth and take it like a girl

>blah blah blah blah
You haven't answered my question

I wonder how many more roads the US has relative to population. Japan is a tiny island, and the US has massive spaces of nothing.

you mean 3 obese people watching one obese 40 year old work a machine can't get anything done?

Workers work slow so they have a job or overtime longer.

That and the job has to meet every regulation thats out there to avoid rework or a lawsuit.

>Workers work slow so they have a job
Is this normal American work ethics?

Stop answering the autistic Aussie, he's trolling you retards

For government paid and contracted workers... Yes. They intentionally work slow to rake in the time and a half over time

Unions
Regulations

Simple as that

Japanese people are sugoi.

I want to marry a Japanese waifu.

It is in Hawaii. Ive been here 6 years and have barely seen any progress on this railway system they are putting in. The workers are slowly progressing draining the States money so they have a job. And at every worksite there is a cop pulling Overtime to sit and watch them work.

>We got even richer in the past decade or something because you see a lot of money dumped on unnecessary things like those repaves and sidewalks in the middle of nowhere. Stupid shit like planters in the middle of the roads that you have to drive around, brick walkways, switching from turning lanes in the median to turning lanes on the side of the road.

Unnecessary shit is done here too, but that's probably just an opportunity to pocket some of the money. Traffic signs in fucking triples everywhere, then it turns out they've got relatives in the company that produces this shit.

Japan is a tiny Island

Unions

this

Japaneese are literaly more cultured than westerners. Their streets are sterile clean, infrastructure is the best in the world, shinkansens are awesome. They respect each other and their elders.

It's outrages in Japan to be loud in subway and talk by cellphone while in US it's common when niggers listen to music at full volume with no fucks given about people who surround them.

Japan isnt that small. Its just the mentality of the contractors is different.

Japan: If we work hard and fast, they will want to contract us again.

US: Shieeeet we got the contract, take ya time so we get paid til the next one.

When an important road is completely destroyed, then the urgency is greater. A damaged area can wait.

your best bet is a Dakimakura !

> At least we jerk off to actual photographs of women instead of cartoon drawings of octopuses! FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR POKOMON
I can't believe i actually got to see one american banter with my own eyes. well done

It doesnt just outrage them to be loud in public or on the trains, its illegal. You can be ticketed for it.

True. Nigger presence and the promotion of their culture of doing-the-least has slowly worn down the Western drive to keep our spaces beautiful and functional.

>
>

>rail companies consider passenger trains to be a waste of money.

Nowhere in the world does passenger services make money without huge incentives.

>t railway engineer

Labor unions

Just try and you can do this as well. Stupid lazy white people don't try at all and then wonder why a life is shit?

Japanese Work Ethic
>Get yelled at by boss for no reason
>Have to apologize at least five times
>Put in your time
>Boss yells at you for not taking overtime
>Take unpaid overtime
>Finally done with work for the day
>Get yelled at by boss for not putting in enough effort
>Have to do mandatory after hours drinking, and have to pay boss’ tab
>Return to shitty one bedroom apartment and collapse

MUH HONOR.

>western countries

Speak for yourself colonials. The roads are in top condition here.

read your post but change the "Japanese" to "American" and "HONOR" to "FREEDOM" and there you go

You forgot no niggers, crime, or shootings.

And yet somehow we manage to have a stable strong honorable culture where it's safe to walk down the streets and trust everyone in your community and you don't get acid splashed and stabbed by a muzzie or shot and robbed by a nigger or screeched at by a blue haired ogre or have to walk past kilometers of check cashing shops and planned parenthood clinics

Different morals and work ethic. Western workers just want to get paid and will drag out the work as long as possible to log the super-inflated hours they had estimated in their contract. And on top of this you have to remember that most of your Tyrones and Pedros are lazy as shit

Is it just me or pictures of Japanese locations seem more "orderly" than other places? Like there seems to be an aura of harmony to them. Every corner seems so scenic to me.

calm down goku, we are doing our best.

this is the correct answer.

>only for important infrastructure and shit that hits the news
>
>typical development typically took as long as pic above or more

bullshit.

Construction is monumentally faster than the US in even the simplest regards.

>cultural differences
the """skilled""" trades have taken humanity hostage

Exactly, the techfags need to die faster.

To be fair washington state specifically has some corruption issues with it's infrastructure construction shit.

amen.

>be plumber
>working on a friends house
>welp roots in pipe
>piping connecting house to street is government only
>1 day to have a guy come out to mark the pipe
>1 waiting for nothing
>1 day for another guy to dig it up and lay pipe
>1 more day of waiting
>1 day of guy attaching pipes from house to street
>they took 5 days to do a 12 hour job,
thanks guberment and public onions