Has consumerism gone too far?

Has consumerism gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, people live empty lives now not because of any bullshit ideologies or swallowing truth, technology is diluting human traits out of us. If we can't reach common ground and try to revive a world not so reliant on meaningless tech we won't find common ground. Feels like nobody wants to have meaningful conversations anymore. Everyone is afraid. What are we fucking afraid of?

Eachother.

No? Pro video/photo is basically the market for this thing and it's a good piece of kit for that industry. No consumers are buying this.

As an engineer at a major tech company, I am constantly using computers/software/tech to communicate and do my job better.

You are dillusional if you think technology is bad just because normies spend to much time on facebook. What would they be doing instead? Watching Friends and must see TV?

Then we all need to get more in touch with our feelings as faggy as it sounds.

Imagine a world where even the CNN newscasters threw the paper off the desk, looked away from the camera and started talking like "Even though I make a really good salary, I don't feel like my job has any worth." Or "My wife and I don't love each other anymore."

Is it really ourselves that we're afraid of, or the projection or persona that hurts the most? I swear we're living two seperate realities, one manufactured, the other silent and crying out to be brought attention to. It didn't used to be this way it seems. There was no manufactured reality to live.

>As an engineer at a major tech company, I am constantly using computers/software/tech to communicate and do my job better.
You people need to be rounded up and shot dead. Uncle Ted was right to kill you techies

I think you're not seeing the bigger picture, but I'm happy that you've found you're niche in society.

It's technology and not corrupt, predatory economic practices?

>What are we fucking afraid of?

there isn't "we" anymore, there is us and then there are normies. me, I'm afraid of bears and monsters from the warp... normies on the other hand are afraid of having their public lives destroyed by the SJW mafia for committing the crime of wrong think/speak

this is an inhuman hostage situation of the mind and every one of these leftist turds are complicit and utterly shameless of the crime. they will force our hand

There's that too, for sure. But hasn't that been the norm for decades. The world is at a 50/50 split it seems. Hence why I say it feels like we're living two realities. Tech is the bedrock of it, given the Internet is a world in its own right. And it's a world that's not always based on the actual reality around us.

More likely we'll sit it or and watch the lies crumble in on themselves. Foundations of lies don't survive.

out*

This. I'd love one of these for my work. It's a fine piece of equipment - the finest, probably, other than a custom workstation.

>All these poorfags who never had Macs growing up
I could never do video editing on Windblows. Anyone who hasn't used FCP on a relatively modern Macintosh has no right to call Mac users "normies..."
Anyone who uses YouTube (H.264 encoded), 64-bit, Windows 10, which are all Apple-cloned technologies, has no right to insult Mac users.

not an argument.

Yes, my Anglo friend. One day I'm going to abandon this society I was forced into and I'm going to live the AnPrim lifestyle

The iMac Pro is a legitimately good device, though? It's an engineering marvel, a masterpiece, no matter how you look at it.
Just because people will be using it to browse Facebook and watch Youtube videos on it for the most part, instead of doing anything anything productive on it, it doesn't mean that it's a shitty device by all means.

No, you are just full of hatred you poorfag. Get a loan and get another job.

Enjoy paying $5000 for a mac with the power of my 700$ pc you cuck.

>this is what jobsian cultists actually believe

Yesterday I came across an episode of Ellen. She's doing some Christmas giveaway where her audience receives gifts like on Oprah. Anyway every 10 minutes or so she'd bring out a new brand like Michael Kors and the entire audience would scream and cheer just at its mention. It was truly bizarre. Granted they were receiving gifts but the consumerism programming was thicc.

It's pretty, and that's it. You'd do better if you just spent the dosh on parts and built a PC.

I use Mac only for music production ( Logic Pro )
Mac itself and MacoS are the worst shit ever.
for daily needs i use linux.

Bullshit. HD video editing was Mac exclusive for the first decade of this millennium. iPhone is the reason smartphones exist today. Look at Android, the iClone... That has come so far from the iPhone emulator it began as.
64-bit architecture began on OSX as a consumer OS built into standard computers. Photoshop CS was made possible by OpenGL not DirectJew

>videoediting

kek

also why the fuck would anybody spend so much money on computer, computers are shit:

buy 20 years old car, do basic tweaks and it works just well, replacement parts are easy to find and for all its worth it is serviceable until it rusts away

buy 20 years old house and it works well, the power outlets match modern plugs without any problems(they're literally the same), same goes for pipes and shit matching modern sinks etc. etc.

buy 20 years old hi-fi set and it is perfectly fine quality-wise, outmatched only by the very best modern sets

buy 20 years old computer and it's piece of shit that can't run modern OS, very often needs additional hardware to connect to the internet(most of it is not available anymore because every motherboard has ethernet plug anyway), even if you run loonix on it, lots of websites and programs won't work on it because the hardware is garbage and doesn't support the technologies that appeared in the last 20 years

for fuck's sake - buy 60 years old house, hi-fi set or car and you will be mostly fine with them after some minor tweaks that are still relatively available while 10 years old computer will struggle with most stuff you expect modern computer to do

Americans will defend this.

>64-bit architecture began on OSX as a consumer OS built into standard computers.
64 bit architecture we use today(x86-64) was developed by AMD as Athlon 64(or x64, who the hell remembers?) back in 2005. Apple was using PowerPC back then, maybe it was 64 bit but it doesn't matter because in the end PPC was a dead-end of hardware world.

This gets soy boys hard

archive.org/details/IndustrialSocietyAndItsFuture-TheUnabombersManifesto

Watch Adam curtis' century of the self. We're not even close to peak consumerism

yes

It's definitely not the fault of the objects, everyone loves the objects--many do more than people. It's actually the low-key feeling that we are being blocked from the objects because a small amount of people want more and more, and have realized that the way to get that is make sure others have a lot less. I would love to consume an imac, but it requires, what, extreme luck at this point or years--maybe an entire decade--of skills building and training, once you account for school certification, and paying back all those loans, plus paying rent, to get one. Or you could be quite lucky and strike it rich, or just inherit wealth and not realize how big of a deal that is.

But a job where you can afford luxuries requires one hell of an expenditure of effort, if you are starting from poverty. And not only that the rules keep changing--how long before tech crashes again?--after a shitload of IT training perhaps that will be the reward for many. Plus you're considered old as fuck at 40 in tech, which is the only job good paying job basically. Yes there are skilled trades to ruin your body with. But what I'm trying to say is what's the point of trying anymore? The rewards look nice, but they don't seem worth it anymore. I could one day--a decade from now--afford that computer, and then realize that the support staff who I buy it from is miserable and condescending, and it's built to break down in a couple of years, and spare parts are expensive as fuck. I give up alright. I've decided it's time for you to crucify me, and I'm not going to shut up until you hammer me to a plank of wood.

>Mac
>not losing market share in the professional field for years
lol this thing is an overprices meme
>hurt let's cram high end gear into a tiny shell so it can throttle like our shitbooks
what a joke

I wonder what economic system we currently have that is causing this problem?