The TRUE meaning of Christmas and Santa Claus

Red pill me on the Christmas and Santa Claus. Is Christmas really the pagan holiday Yuletide and have all cultures celebrated it in similar ways during the winter solstice? Is Santa Claus based on Siberian mushroom shamans and is the holiday really about Amanita muscaria? Is the sleigh based on the chariot of the gods and Santa himself based on various old gods such as Odin? How much did Haddon Sundblom and Coca-Cola really influence our modern conceptions of Christmas/Santa? Has it truly been coopted by big corporations to encourage materialistic spending? How much of it really has to do with Jesus Christ (Yeshua) and his birth? Did a St. Nicholas figure really exist? Is Krampus a real demonic entity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=riM_7uq-WaI
youtube.com/watch?v=sVCFF6NUq2U
youtube.com/watch?v=q9EwJxt0kK4
youtube.com/watch?v=UUloIBXFOQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Santa = odin
It has nothing to do with kike religions but Romans catholics were forced to adopt heathen traditions to get the support of the masses.

Yule

So are Yule and the traditions of the native ancient Siberian peoples related? They share they reindeer, tree, and ornament traditions. Are these just deeper archetypal symbols that have been present in various cultures throughout history? The reindeer are said to have had a taste for the red and white fly agaric mushroom that would grow underneath pine or spruce trees and would be hung on the fireplace to dry and the red ornaments and well as santa's clothing were made to reflect the appearance of the mushroom and the shaman's tradition wear, which was itself also a homage to the mushroom

I’ve heard the most it is based on is St.Nicholas, a bishop who gave toys out to the children and just taught people to be charitable in general.

Reminder that tonight is Solstice night. Have a bonfire, light candles, drink mead and make a sacrifice to Odin.

Happy Yule

Look up the history of Santa. Macys department store in New York was owned by an orthodox jew who because of his Rabbi was not allowed to sell Christian decorations or compete with Bloomingdale's / Woolsworth in discount Christmas sales on toys and totchke's. To get around this he made Santa Klaus which was based off Pagan legends from Germany / Poland from Nikolaus, who was a "Saint". He then made merchandice with his friends at Mattel ( old german nobility, who's owner, Dan Loeb of Third Point Capital) and Coke purchased the rights to compete against the "Christ cartel". Fast forward 80 years and Santa has pushed Jesus out of his own market / celebration.

Saturnalia.
Santa is Satan (saturn).
Holly(wood) is a magical property.
The Santa myth is similar to Krampus in the sense that it pre-contitions children's responses to kidnappings.
Elves are child slaves.

More Yulepills coming through:

youtube.com/watch?v=riM_7uq-WaI

youtube.com/watch?v=sVCFF6NUq2U

youtube.com/watch?v=q9EwJxt0kK4

While the holiday season may have connections to other pagan traditions held at the same time of year, Christmas is what it means to the believer.

So if you believe it's a celebration of the solemn and holy birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, then none of the pagan trappings matter.

BTW, it's ok to buy gifts for those you love on Christmas and their birthdays because the Wise men brought gifts to Jesus on his first birthday and on the first Christmas

Merry Christmas /pol!

Santa is more of a symbol than a religious figure. He’s a hodgepodge of Saint Nicholas, some pagan gods and cultural adaptation through media and business. The meaning of Christmas is fucking based because your giving back to your people and truly loving your homeland and faith. Look at the nazi Christmas charity, it’s one of the biggest symbol of implicit white identity right next to Cracker Barrel.

Yule has nothing to do with chr*st.
Stop appropriating my culture please.

>Posting a Varg video
That piece of human garbage is a murder who stabbed another human being over 20 times. He also ate the brains of a suicide victim that was his friend. The fact that you would consider him an authority on anything is laughable. It's also really sad that you would look to such human garbage for life advice. Seek help user.

>human garbage
Ok Lacy Green

You literally look for life advice from a murderer and a cannibal.

Really nice. I love the first few incarnations, they look amazing

I've heard people say that St. Nicholas was not in fact a real, historical figure, but rather either an amalgamation of many figures or just a mythological figure in general. In any case, he is still the patron saint of many peoples

Interesting, thank you for the reminder

This is good info regarding Macy's too. I'd heard it mentioned before but never really looked into it. I did not know the Coke influence extended past the visual that their illustrator created and their advertisements

Varg is /ourguy/

Catholicism is the worst form of Christianity, it is a fucking joke. Don't take anything from it.

Also stop lying you gigantic faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=UUloIBXFOQE

Do Catholics celebrate Christmas differently?

It is a Catholic invention.

Meant for you.

It's a mixture of Christian traditions and paganism. Most of the winter items in Christmas are derived from Yule, and so a rendre characteristics of Santa Claus. Although Santa Claus is derived from St. Nicholas. Nativity scenes, celebrating Christmas for Jesus' birth (even if he wasn't born that day), etc. are not pagan. Regardless of how many LARPers try to pass it off as purely pagan.

I personally have excluded anything pagan from Christmas, although many things in christmas would be representative of Christian beliefs (i.e. Christmas lights and the star, or how we should we be the light of the world, etc.)

it's just a modern myth used to teach people to give and to take, kinda shitty sometimes desu

Not sure, but they were responsible for merging pagan and Christian traditions together- which is annoying. Halloween is considered a "Christian" holiday even though no where in the bible does it mention making scary things to frighten evil spirits. Nor do gargoyles of other creatures on cathedrals, representative of the bible.

In regards to the star at the top of the tree (the north star), I've read that it is also present in non-christian traditions/folklore associated with christmastime/winter solstice worship

Oh yeah, Rome. I was thinking of modern catholicism for some reason

>I personally have excluded anything pagan from Christmas
Kek, what could you possibly be left with?

The whole thing is HEATHEN. From the tree to the decorations to the gift giving to the birth of the SUN.

the thing about Christmas being pagan is bullshit, many religions celebrates some hollidays on the 25 of december, are people saying hanuka is also pagan? nothing wrong celebrating the birth of Christ the 25

Hanukkah is new af senpai. (((They))) created that because their fellow white people were getting all the attention.

Gift giving is symbolic of the three wise men giving myrrh, frankincense, and gold as gifts. Light in general, is mentioned throughout the bible as being positive. Of course it is referring to being good in the world or "shining your light through the darkness," not a literal shining light. Companionship is also encouraged in the bible (being with family and friends), etc. The things that would be excluded are Christmas trees, and winter, although Old Saint Nick was a saint, not a pagan.

is older than paganism and that yule crap, everything is pagan now, fuck off you larpers

>many religions celebrates some hollidays on the 25 of december
Yes, because it was around the time of the winter solstice. How is Christmas being pagan bullshit? It's not exclusively pagan in origin, but it is heavily influenced. I think everyone agrees on that.

Except the Germanic peoples literally celebrated Yule by decorating trees, gift giving and burning Yule logs. Odin as the wanderer/wild hunt = Saint Nick. Light is important as Yule was the winter equinox aka the darkest part of the year. So it was celebrating the end of darkness and a return to life and spring

I agree that some of it is pagan, although saying Christmas as a whole is pagan is bullshit. There's a difference between Yule and Christmas. hence rhe different names.

Paganism is pretty much a catch all term for polytheistic (ie. non abrahamic) belief. These beliefs predate judiasm, christianity, and islam so it makes sense that abrahamic traditions have some influence borrow from pagan beliefs/traditions

Wow, I never realized different beliefs applied similar meanings to things. Saint Nick wasn't pagan regardless of how much you try to push that crap. He was a Saint that existed in Europe. Again, gift giving isn't unique to paganism, it is also a tradition for Jesus' birth. You are acting like a nigger and trying to claim that everything (even Christian things) are also pagan.

why borrow? why it cant be in the same date?

Why do you think they chose that date? There is a precedent of celebration long before the birth of Christ. Do you not see how they could be influenced? It's happened with all cultures and beliefs throughout history

>You are acting like a nigger and trying to claim that everything (even Christian things) are also pagan.
They are

so Christ was born in a important date

Regardless of whether or not you believe in the historicity of Jesus, most historians believe that he was not born around this time. It was Constantine, iirc, that merged December 25 with the already festive holiday where people would feast and drink celebrating the solstice, in an effort to promote Christianity at the time

do they know when he was born?

I think I read they think it's closer to spring from what I remember but I can't find a source for that