Houseki no Kuni

>They talk
>They are assholes
I hope the author can keep the sense of mystery though.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Bobonyatsu/status/811306174645673984
jin115.com/archives/52156532.html
chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Seven_Treasures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumping cause why not

really, i always get trips or dubs when i dump this manga

this one page fucked me up more than the rest, they are so cute

Christ that reveal. Is it despair time?

it has never stopped being despair time ever since chapter 1

i want next omake to be Phos just silently staring at nothingness

Looks like the legend wasn't exactly accurate. I would've sympathized with them somewhat if it was true

we still dont know shit
the moon dude is really calm and will answer Phos, maybe there is a good explanation, like that one about them needing gems to be born (so far it fits).

also Ventricosus was a fuck, why didnt she just told Phos about this

What does it mean?

ooh, so thats what the spoilers were saying, it kinda looks like it yeah

another interesting point i had thought of before is that the air in the planets the gems are living its probably not air that we humans can breathe

Or maybe they changed enough to not be able to breathe that air.

then and then this one

>"Why are you so much of an asshole?"

oh right, that could be too

that was obviously the end

Thanks user

So, if they don't breathe on Earth, what's with the neckhole whistling?

Maybe they don't like the smell so they breath through their neck?

Man, I really didn't expect the buddhist/indian statues to have individual personalities. I though they were automatons.

Possible. "Breath [through our noses]" may have been lost in translation.

They also look so cheerful.

Perhaps they can do that without breating that air.

Tell me Sup Forums, what went wrong?

he matured through pain

its a pretty spot on description of that sort of maturation

I wonder if the author is going to pull a Ship of Theseus on us. Phos replaced both her legs, both her arms and now her head. She only needs to replace her torso and she won't have any original part left.

that would be really interesting. By that point he will certainly not be him no matter what bs power his inclussions have.

would you evolve into a gem, an admirabilis or a moonie?

"how fast can you run?"

I blame everything on Sensei.

that would be a really badass thing for Phos to say, but the guy probably doesnt give two shits since he just respawns on base

I wonder if that's the only moon base. The moon isn't big but I think there's enough room for a few more structures. There could be several bases raiding Earth independently. Also I think there are several moons orbiting the planet now?

I just want his smugness to be destroyed.

there are several moons i think yeah, but the one with people might be that one only

as for the base, the design makes me believe it goes underground a lot so there is that too

In an unrelated news, the author of Houseki no Kuni, Ichikawa Haruko, was credited in the newest pokemon game as one of the character designers.
twitter.com/Bobonyatsu/status/811306174645673984

She apparently designed Lusamine, and some of the ultra beasts, namely Nihilego, Pheromosa, Celesteela, and Xurkitree.
jin115.com/archives/52156532.html (copy-paste this link in google translate to get a rough translation)

you can sorta tell the designs are her, at least that girl and the jellyfish-like guy

Celesteela design its pretty great.

Huh, would have guessed. Big fan of the Ultra Beasts though, so it's nice to hear that she's behind a good chunk of them.

Sure it's the same person? Can't read whatever that tweet says.

>twitter.com/Bobonyatsu/status/811306174645673984
Strange: Haruko Ichikawa credited in Pokemon Sun & Moon. And considering the kanji, it would be the mangaka of the Age of the Crystals.

google-sensei to the rescue

Is it just me or do they look alot alike? If so, just what the fuck IS sensei.

They share the exact same kanji (市川春子), at the very least.
Rough google translation: "Strange: Haruko Ichikawa credited in Pokemon Sun & Moon. And considering the kanji, it would be the mangaka of the Age of the Crystals."

That certainly explains Ilima

yeah noticed that too, i wonder

Honestly I was inclined to say that it's just the simple art style that made everyone look almost alike, but now I'm not so sure after seeing a side-by-side comparison.

chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php/Seven_Treasures

This one is interesting, it seems Phos upgrades are following this concept.

which means he still will get Ruby, Crystal and Carnelian, god knows where.

Nice find, user. I wonder if Phosphophyllite himself counts as the crystal.

Since we know that Sensei fights off enemies by throwing small pieces of himself, and since the doc says they never found pieces of him or performed restorative surgeries on him, I have this idea that under his vast clothes he looks like a shriveled up skeleton. In chapter 1 he probably tasked Phos with making an encyclopedia (and stressed that it was important) because he knew he wasn't going to last for long.

Ah, could be then. Satan. And we will get a Ship of Theseus thing like they said.

He is rather buff actually. The pieces he throws are microscopic most of the time.

Maybe the three races aren't exactly natural evolution, but rather scientific experiments to modify humanities for survival. Sensei is the first human to be split.

Because I'm having hard time believing humanity evolved to what's essentially land-corals. And we don't know what are the mooninites that makes them disappear when struck. Collections of airborne bacterias?

Oh snap, I forgot about that scene. He does have an awesome back.

Isn't it implied Sensei actually searches for his own pieces while everyone searches for other casualties?

Edgy.

its not really clear what he was doing that time, but could be yeah

if anything he just closed the crack on his arm

How many of you here ordered the cards? How much cards are there in total?

did not

ill preorder the first english volume though

are those yours?

Where can I order them?

No, just an image I got from google. I'm planning to order them in the near future, hopefully.

Amiami or cdjapan. Maybe some other sites. I'm not familiar with buying merch, so you'll probably have to ask the buyfag thread for better info.

On the other side Sensei's full name is Adamant Sensei, he is confirmed as a mineral being. The moon people aren't mineral, maybe some kind of hollow plant thing.

They are lotus plant, it's has many kind of symbolism in Buddhism.

what is going on with the type. are you putting it under a level layer or something?

im really not sure but it might look like that because i do typesetting on paint

ill try downloading some other reccomended fonts to see if it is the same. It also annoys me.

what gem is that purple one?

>He is rather buff actually.
Remember that Sensei chisels new gem-people into their current shape.
They'd probably look way less effeminate without him doing that.

there are one or two gems from the land still not shown, might be one of them or Obsidian or Red Beryl

I want to fug these gems.

I know sensei is mineral. Here's what else I know.

Sensei and moon people bear a striking resemblance
moon people hold sensei in a different regard than other gems
Sensei isn't human
People from Sensei's past (Shiro and professor) have visited as some sort of moon imposters

Am I forgetting anything relevant? Anyway, the point is I don't know what the fuck sense is.

Ok so he is terribly suspicious BUT he is very good at chiseling cute gems.

dem gem asses

You're right.

Sensei is mineral
Sensei and moon people bear a striking resemblance
moon people hold sensei in a different regard than other gems
Sensei isn't human
People from Sensei's past (Shiro and professor) have visited as some sort of moon imposters
Sensei loves the gems and presumably acts in their best interest
Sensei chisels them all shortly after "birth"

And he doesn't want the gems to learn about humans.

Also he has a sort of power over the gems (see when he named Cairngorm.)

Also, humans became inclussions, inclusions turn into living beings when mixed with some objects (like the Board pieces, the gems, or the Ice Floes).

I totally forgot about the ice floes. This story is really trippy.

will the english release be shit?

>Kodansha

Won't be terrible.

You think they'll translate the cards too? If Kodansha does that, then I'll buy all their english volumes in an instant, no joke.

Now that you mention it. I see it in Lusamine and Nihilego.