Detective Conan

Can you solve the case before Conan does?

Are there any cases which are literally impossible tier?

That flame dog case?

Most of them. Particularly the kanji ones.

>two week break
fuck you Gosho

Now I want her to be Rum if it means she really is this savage.

A bell?

It's 90% she isn't Rum at this point. She has too much personality. Plus Haibara likes her.

I agree with what that other user said, in that she's probably Haneda Kohji's fiance. Considering she's 37, she's about the right age.

literally no.

get good

Could be a shougi piece

The plot?

She's too obviously evil at this point to be Rum.
On the other hand the twist could be there is no twist.

wanting to cut up ayumi is not evil

Clearly she's a member of MI6

god dammit, this must be the 100th time Ayumi is held hostage

I mean, who do you expect the culprit to go for? The fat kid?

Who is Haneda Kohji again?

So, it's pretty interesting. Gosho Aoyama actually first introduced Haneda Kouji close to 20 years ago when Haibara first showed up. He was just a random name on the list of people who had been given APTX 4869 by the Black Organization. Fast forward to a recent case, and someone mentions Haneda Kohji. Conan starts investigating it and finds that he was a shougi grandmaster who was murdered 17 years ago, along with another person. Further investigation finds that Haneda left the dying message

>ASACA RUM

at the scene. Since Conan knows Rum is the BO #2 guy, he speculates that Rum was the one who killed Haneda. This is confirmed in a scene with Gin and Vodka, where Gin calls the Haneda murder "the thing that Rum screwed up 17 years ago".

Threadly reminder that it's universally agreed Haibara is the best girl already. The author just needs to give in.

>Black Org suspect saves Ayumi by scaring the the guy who has her hostage
Wakasa sensei confirmed good guy.

What happens at ch 1000

Conan's overconfidence gets him killed, series continues with Detective Boys taking the lead.

Joke aside, most probably it just reveals Rum and some more innerworkings of Black Org.

This manga gets really repetitive after a while.

>Conan goes to some place.
>Meets 3 or 4 people.
>Someone gets murdered.
>Conan solves the case, and one of the people he met turns out to be the murderer.

It's simply the style of such series, you have an over-arching plot, that for Detective Conan is really stretched out, and there are individual cases.
The term for that is villain of the week.

Its true that the author its going to enter to the final arc when he reach 100 vol of conan?

No.

Haibara best girl, that is all.

Haibara is fine, but I'm a sucker for the god combo of flat+fang.

Has anyone ever solve any case before the answer? Most of them involve a lot of japanese play on words and I doubt most of the time the author dropped enough clues.

I agree that Sera is a solid second place, her mom rocks too.

There are a couple of styles of cases. One is how you describe it. Another is that there's one obvious killer which was clearly shown to have committed the murder but the method is unknown.

I just want Haibara to be fucking relevant again fuck you Gosho

Is there a bigger faggot in the series than Gin?
That Chopper voice faggot pisses me off to no end too.

What did she mean by this?

She likes Wakasa-sensei, so she doesn't want Conan to speak ill of her.

What if, Rumi and Kuroda are fake Rums?
Kuroda is the man with the strong built and Rumi the woman.
Maybe the fuck up done by him that was mentioned by Gin led to those two learning of the agent named Rum.
For reasons unknown, perhaps their own investigation, Kuroda and Rumi started posing as Rum for intelligence gathering on the Org.
This led to these conflicting accounts of Rums appearance.
The true Rum is the old man but those two posing as him led to a ray of disinformation in the org.

Rumi might actually be Asaka herself. Lover and Bodyguard of Kohji who failed at her job and has it personal with Rum. Being a BG is why she knows how to fight and could explain the deal with her eye, damaged in a former job.
Kir got in there and apparently it took years for them to do something about her.
Kuroda might play some cards to help in not being found out.

Pretty interesting. I think though that if anyone had found out about Rum, Rum would have been killed. Like how we saw Pisco killed, and Calvados/Kusuda Rikumichi kill themselves. Maybe not though if the boss intervened on Rum's behalf.

The old man version of Rum is Vermouth's dead husband. He was killed either by the org, or doing something for them which is why Vermouth secretly wants Conan to bring it down. The boss gives Vermouth special treatment because of this which is why she's viewed as the favorite.

Maybe the fake eye works as a badge/key so who holds it is recognised as Rum, and there are people that killed or attacked each other to steal this eye for the title, and thus the different accounts

Vermouth is the boss' ___________?
Doubt Bourbon was going to say favorite.

>Doubt Bourbon was going to say favorite
obviously not because everyone knows that. I didn't imply that was the fill in the blank there at all either. I think it's some type of familial relation.

Conan fights with Ippo to see which series will outlive humanity

Neither of them is Rum. Rumi Wakasa is probably just related to Amanda Hughes.
The real Rum is Wakita Kanenori who is wearing a slight disguise.

I think so too. He's the only one who hasn't met Haibara and she hasn't had her sense go off for either Kuroda or Wakasa so, assuming one of the three is Rum, Rum has to be the Chef.

Moonlight sonata was pretty easily solvable before the end.

She's obviously full of hate but that kind of mistake wouldn't happen to the real Rum.

Might be too obvious though. They already did the whole Bourbon is Mouri's student thing already and they should do it differently this time around with Rum, as he's not just some random alcoholic but the 2nd in command. Well, it's either him, or Kuroda or someone else we didn't even consider.

Probably daughter.

figuring out the culprit is always easy but goddamn if i can ever figure out what random bouy scout knot they tied in a fishing wire to lift up a sandbag to knock over a knife to kill the guy while simultaniously using the wind to trick a cat into locking a door

Does this actually work? That's pretty cool.

I really hope it's someone we haven't considered.

Yeah me too. It would be really annoying to have a character even more obvious a bo member than the Japanese nationalist.

>conan will not end in your life time

Brilliant deduction

Can we rule her out as Rum? Haibara should have smelled something therwise

Are there confirmed to be bo case in 1000? Or it is just going to be another generic case?

They're hyping up chapter 1000, I guess there will be a major reveal about Rum

I want to smell Ai's armpit

Anyone have any idea about what the thing in rum pocket?

I don't think she's Rum because this chapter made it too obvious that she might be. Shushi guy we know the least about so I think it's him.

Plus don't forget the 'Pirate's Spirit' reference in his case.

plot threads

I want to lick her feet!

Why did some people call rum ramu? What does ramu mean?

Some user pointed out that it could be Conan's watch.

What? Did conan lost his stunwatch?

'Ramu' (ラム) is how they spell it.

Kindaichi case are so much better than conan. Why is that? The plot though conan is better, at least as far as I know Kindaichi doesn't even have a main plot right?

Kindaichi certainly isn't pressed for time in its cases, and to the best of my knowledge it doesn't teeter along with a plot.

Considering that besiude the mascara mirror there also was a broken glass with writings on it, mybe the message was WAKASA RUMI and she was who killed Haneda, but is not Rum.

Given how she deliberately let a woman get killed just to see if Conan could solve the murder I'm not sure she's actually good

I remember ai once mentiined that conan is already involved with the BO as far as 50 years ago. What does she mean? I still don't get it. Sorry I forgot which chapter, but it is long times ago involving some football case I I'm not mistaken.

Couldn't she be Haibara's sister? She looks like her (then again, everyone does because sameface) and it's not like plot characters actually die in this manga.

Nice.

Kindaichi have Takato though I am not sure if he is main plot related.

It will, we are almost there. Only 300 more chapters.

Remember when everyone thought the manga was ending after Sato and Takagi got together?

She is most definitely not Rum but someone related to the Asaka case. At this point, Rum can either be the goofy yet sharp ramen seller or someone we haven't even considered yet.

She's not a good person but you can bet Rum would rather let the crazy guy jump down the cliff with the little girl than get into action. Remember, these guys are absolute sociopaths.
We're close to finding out who the second in command is in the bo so it will be only a matter of time until "that person" steps into action.

Akemi clearly died in front of Conan and lost blood for too long, then the police came and an investigation was opened.

It's not like the Akai case that with an unrecognizable burned body and cellphones switcheroos there was clear room for shenanigans

That time I figured every passage when it dawned on me that they had Kusuda's body available and he shot himself in the head

I really don't think either one as rum. If they are rum why bother saving Ayumi. Remember rum are supposed to be evil people(unless he is another fucking mole)it is not like they will get expose if they didn't save Ayumi.

Now what is the chance that Rum turn out to be another spy for police, cia, fbi etc? I really hope Gosho don't further discredit BO.

Rum is too much up the ladder to be a mole working for the police, as if it were the case they would have enough incriminating evidence and logistic informations to catch the entire organization.

Exactly, Akemi is unambiguously dead and magic doesn't really exist in the DCverse.
This. Rum wouldn't think about saving anyone while giving up his cover. Also, using a name such as Wasaka Rumi is more like baiting Rum than Rum baiting possible witnesses.
Not a chance in hell. I think he will kill Bourbon AND possibly Mizunashi Rena to redeem the BO.

often they only Conan know the clues, you can't solve them without clues, a clue you can easily know is the dialect clue, they put them often in the anime

Most cases would be easily solveable with the forensics doing their job.

What or who is Takato?

Is Gosho really going to reveal rum in 1000? I mean it is still too short for a rum arc right? Rei arc is more longer than this.

As if the boss would let anyone up this high in the ladder without explicit trust.
And with someone in Rum's position, blowing out the org should be easy as the right hand.

I hope Rum ends up as completely fucking ruthless.

Oh yeah, in regards to Rumi possibly being Rum.
I thought women in the org are named after cocktails and wines?
Vermouth is a wine.
Kir is a cocktail.
Sherry is a wine.
And going in with the assumption she is, Mary is also a cocktail.
As example.

Then Gin, Vodka and so on are the rough drinks.
So, shouldn't Rum be male by that alone?

Then again, I seem to remember Vermouth calling Ran "Angel"' which is also a cocktail but she clearly aint involved.

I wonder if the boss has an alcohol name.
Anything left for him to use? Sake?