Why is Millennial Music so Bad?

I'm listening to music from the 1920s through today and I'm thinking that the pop charts of now are horrible. Why do they like the trap rap and the mumble rap? I look at the pop charts and opt for foreign music, underground music, or music from the past decades instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJC21zzkwoE&t=91s
youtube.com/watch?v=f20Oz9Yr_So
youtube.com/watch?v=C3UCzX0hguk
youtube.com/watch?v=nhjg7eRZdh4
youtube.com/watch?v=1riJA32emEE
youtube.com/watch?v=YW4ohI2LpGs
youtube.com/watch?v=1-GflJvadkw&t=278s
youtu.be/9fM3ylFs3hs
youtube.com/watch?v=YVkusDWngdI
youtube.com/watch?v=mIYtrFzH7Ao
youtu.be/S705p9OnpWg
youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI
youtube.com/watch?v=B0_aU1M1pPA
youtube.com/watch?v=dw9MeT4LUaU
youtu.be/iU2hy0L5lgg
youtube.com/watch?v=4b5dUtAjJJI&t=1122s
youtube.com/watch?v=UZzYxGZ7Hmc
youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4
youtu.be/5bFOhcXrL2o
youtube.com/watch?v=pn6ZWdM2sn0
youtube.com/watch?v=5XwCv-I3hSY
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw
youtube.com/watch?v=QpdF0LpZTB8
youtube.com/watch?v=o0t9cAlxtc0
youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=uo14xGYwWd4
youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428
youtube.com/watch?v=qqWHWnKAq18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow
You're so original.

Unironically read Adorno, maybe you'll even stop being a nigger loving jass listener.

listen to Death Grips

also, not politics

It's not about being original. It's about telling the truth. The only reason music sucks now is not enough people vocalize how much it sucks

Death Grips sucks compared to this
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJC21zzkwoE&t=91s

>not being able to enjoy both
sucks for you

I'd love if there was a good non-cringey white music scene (rock maybe?)

one of the cringiest of all right now, I'm afraid

nu males have ruined music

Damn good digits if I don't say so myself.

I don't care if the music I listen to is outdated or cringe. Everything is considered cringe now. Might as well be a freak

>The Crystals - He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss)

youtube.com/watch?v=f20Oz9Yr_So

Requesting fine white music before the jazz/blues nigger era, so 20s, 30s, 40s, partially 50s
Anyone?

Listen to classical, it's the least degenerate music you'll find, and it's quintessentially white. If you avoid jews like Mahler and Schoenberg, that is. Apart from that I listen to some alternative rock, such as The Cure. I notice niggers can't understand it, they think it's sissy or some shit. Then they blast mumble rap about weed and whores.
Want to lose hope in modern music? Look no further than Ariana Grande singing about dick bicycles to 12 year olds after Manchester.
youtube.com/watch?v=C3UCzX0hguk
This song is about not being able to walk after taking so much dick. Read the comments for extra cringe.

youtube.com/watch?v=nhjg7eRZdh4

these are songs before the 1920s
youtube.com/watch?v=1riJA32emEE

start this at 1:04

>adorno
Why am I not surprised a nazbol is saying that

Nigga, youve never heard The Milkis Band?! Sheeeeiiiit.

Alternative/indie is pretty decent to be honest. Has some degeneracy but that usually pertains to the artist and not the music. Contemporary R&B is good too

imagine playing this song while gassing kikes
youtube.com/watch?v=YW4ohI2LpGs

>pop charts

there's your problem, get some dungeon synth my brother: youtube.com/watch?v=1-GflJvadkw&t=278s

This is wonderful.

Yeah, okay. Kid
youtu.be/9fM3ylFs3hs

Pic related is you.

>Schoenberg
Doesn't the usual definition of "classical music" stop at the romantic era?

I like Avenged Sevenfold but most people are listening to mumble rap.

>mumble rap

As if there's another kind

>Billy Murray
all of my mein neger

youtube.com/watch?v=YVkusDWngdI

This is a few years old, and good: youtube.com/watch?v=1-GflJvadkw&t=278s

ESKETIT

It's pretty horrible. I'm 20, and I realized that most of the pop music I listen to is from the 70's and 80's. I doubt 20-year-olds in the 70's were mainly listening to pop music from the 30's and 40's, so, something has clearly gone wrong.

oops wrong thing: youtube.com/watch?v=mIYtrFzH7Ao

This is the best Album ever
youtu.be/S705p9OnpWg

Classical music is the whitest kind of music.
youtube.com/watch?v=TqtehtSB0LI

And people think we are special snowflakes for thinking this. They keep living in denial that today's music mostly sucks.

Pic related is you

On the contrary, very few songs made before 1990 are not dogshit.

this

delete this

there's more new music out now for any genre than at any time ever
it just takes effort to find
i don't know when the pop charts were ever a great representation the best music though
half a century ago minimum id guess

Started out good but the grunty vocals ruined it IMO. It just screams of trying too hard.

>not enough people vocalize how much it sucks
have you never seen the comments section of any music video ever?

who fucking cares what other people listen to, once a song comes out you can listen to it forever. Therefore the present is objectively the best time for music, since there are more songs available each day than ever before. If you're talking about social settings, I bet people thought normies in the 1920s and 1930s were retarded because they liked jazz or swing instead of classical

>it just takes effort to find

This be the truth. Try to listen to at least 10 new to you albums a week on youtube and like what you like. Sup Forums is actually pretty helpful for this.

Most people now just call people special snowflakes or edgelords for pointing out the obvious.

youtube.com/watch?v=B0_aU1M1pPA

Wandelweiser

Normies hate it though.

People who don't listen to it wouldn't know, would they? I use it merely as a distinction from popular music. But popular music wasn't always so degenerate as well. I love polka

This is what happens when you industrialise expression.

For me the vocals gave it that extra zest for the album giving that admixture of anger and passion

There are also business reasons behind this. Do some reading on the 1996 Telecommunications Act. Basically up until that point companies could own a very limited number of radio stations, labels, etc. The Act allowed huge conglomerates to form, such as Clear Channel(now known as iHeart Media), and of course there are even bigger parent companies. That basically allowed a few folks to dictate what gets to the public. That compounded with the wasted opportunity when labels fought Napster are only two of the factors that destroyed the business, which ultimately affected artists. It made it so much easier to use music to push an agenda. With all of the above said, I'm not implying before 96 it was some ideal world, it wasn't by any stretch of the imagination, jew businessmen have been robbing artists for centuries. But it's the reason for such quick degradation. Although the internet gives artists much needed independence, the "internet lifestyle" also destroyed the relation audiences used to have with artists. Being bombarded with information is just the tip of the ice((berg)).

Every single generation said that about the new generation

Fuck off, we're fine.

And this is why music has been getting far worse since the late 90s. In the 2010s now music is unlistenable.

Except I'm Millennial and hate the music on the radio now. Many of us are listening to music from the past.

Good threads are rare, most Sup Forums users either listen to rap or are muh indie cred brainlets who advocate listening to 200 different artists from southwest north dakota instead of really listening to a couple albums you truly connect with. Don't let other people dictate your tastes. Sure, find out what's out there, but don't go out listening aimlessly to a ton of shit, listen to albums, not singles. You will never truly feel something if you just blindly click in different songs while on goybook or 4chins

>Lack of music theory/harmony knowledge by the people creating it.
>The degradation of our western societies.

We westerners no longer strive to create things of beauty. We strive to indulge ourselves as individuals.

^You can see evidence of this in every field - architecture, popular music, art, sculpture, movies, etc... Our civilization is very nearly done, unless we change course.

youtube.com/watch?v=dw9MeT4LUaU

go to mu
stay there
???
profit

Yes and every single generation had "le wrong generation" retard as a member.

>this new rock sucks classical was the best
>this modern rock sucks classic rock was the best
>this mainstream music sucks my 90's rock bands were the best
>damn i wish we could go back to old school rap, now is all about bitches instead of intelligent lyrics as 2pac (lol)

and so on and so on

>le born in wrong generation meme
This is everyone in Sup Forums. Just a bunch of these cringy faggots.

Mary Poppins was alway a badass.
youtu.be/iU2hy0L5lgg

I don't know what you're talking about. I just want Jews to die.

The music industry is possibly more jewified than the film industry. Yes, you read that right. I'm a musician, I'm quite aware of the types I deal with. During my first time reading the biz bible, Don Passman's Everything You Need to Know About the Music Business I had to stop several times out of disgust with some practices considered normal. At least the Hollywood kikes tell it to your face who owns what. The ones in music are the most legitimate real life representation of "the jew cries in pain while he stabs you" I've ever seen. They actively sabotage artists who fight their system as well

take the toolpill

Since everything is called cringe today I don't care if I'm called cringe. I'll be a freak. Yes I am a meme to you. So what?

How does that hold for our current times? With internet you can easily share your music, find your audience and finance your career

Classic Punk baby
youtube.com/watch?v=4b5dUtAjJJI&t=1122s

It is quite amazing the number of musicians who don't have a basic grasp over theory. They treat it as if it's some sort of alchemical code, while not only it's incredibly easy but it's wide in the open with the internet. If they dedicated one or two years to studying it they'd have covered a wide base. A lot of them are only in it for booze and grills anyway

I literally only listen to weeb rock and metal and classical.

well I mostly just click shit on the metal threads, but youtube does a decent job of recommendations too, 10 new albums, means that maybe once every 2 weeks you'll find something you like, but thats still a lot of music over time.

Music died with Schubert

>listens to 3 mainstream trap songs
>thinks all trap is shit

sure 99% of trap is shit, ive listened to 10K or even 15K trap songs and only found 100 good ones

whats with this hate of electronic music lately? i listen to shit with mainly no lyrics and i get so much hate for it. especially from faggots that listen to pop music and 100% of that shit is GARBAGE

Pop music was never good no matter the era. White composers in the 1920s-1940s were calling jazz/blues/swing negro garbage exploited by Jews to make money.

Have something good and original that will never be mainstream.
youtube.com/watch?v=UZzYxGZ7Hmc

I don't even think it's about generations. Pop music is just consumer products made for normies. Normies are stupid. Just move on and do some digging if you want stuff that has actual value besides generating profit.

Mostly depends on location. Using the internet is only profitable for composers, but generally speaking you have to work and meet people in the real world first, it's very rare for someone to just throw something in the ocean that is the internet and have something come out of it. Depends on what you work with as well, but if you work as an artist you might be a performer, songwriter, sideman... there are lots of functions, but for most start with a band or as sidemen. For professionals, sidemen are more common these days, rap and electronic music dominating the charts made it so that very few people form bands. I'm still in my "formation", and I refer it as such because there is also market experience involved, it isn't simply studying with books or learning songs. Realistically speaking, I'd have to move to the US at some point to achieve my goals, both personal and cultural(the cultural war is a real thing). That's not exactly easy though, and I'm not complaining, I'm fully aware of why a musician would find it hard to get a visa. It's a long debate, but ultimately it boils down to location and not being a lazy cunt(this alone eliminates A LOT of people)

Adorno would for sure have been a NSDAP member like the cool kids if he was ethnically german, his whole corpus is formed on a dialectic of ethnic resentment towards inter-war german intellectuals.

yo my nigga u listen to lunice?

youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4

This was mainstream and very good

electronic music is inherently garbage.

CULTURAL DEGENERACY IS SOCIAL ENGINEERING

BAD ART BEING MAINSTREAM IS NOT AN ACCIDENT

DEMEAN, DEMORALIZE, WEAKEN, ENSLAVE

youtu.be/5bFOhcXrL2o

youtube.com/watch?v=pn6ZWdM2sn0
nice taste mate!

Nice nigger music you jass listening retard
This tbqhwy

Most modern music simply lacks authenticity. No I don't mean synths and stuff; basically they say things they don't mean in a style they don't fully understand.

oh you mean like the stuff that has real guitar/drums mixed in? or how about the "real" music you talk about that uses electronic keyboards and uses electronic mixers to make it sound better?
get over yourself faggot, go play with your recorders and bongo drums

Chart-topping music is unironically written at least 50% by machine-learning / deep-learning algorithm. That's why it all sounds so...the same. The algorithms are just trying to make songs that sound like other chart topping songs because they sell.

Other than God Himself, there is no creative generation system that surpasses the mind of the white man. The jew knows this and fears it

Music made by millennials
youtube.com/watch?v=5XwCv-I3hSY

You clearly have never listened to Joy Division/New Order

I'd hope most people here would already be aware. Find some infographic to post instead with a decent contribution to the conversation.

Yes youtube has some good recommendations, but sometimes listening to the classics goes a long way. A lot of people, myself included, didn't listen to bands like the Beatles until around 20 because we spent our teenage years looking for obscure bands, and ultimately bonding with none. Not saying everyone needs to like Beatles, that's just an example. Be careful not to be overwhelmed with info, that destroys the original purpose of music, feeling emotions. And ultimately the destruction of culture plays a big part in destroying the moral fiber of a nation. That was Wagner's excuse to shit on Mahler, for instance. I would also recommend listening to the music where your ancestors come from, it's a very spiritual, pure experience. It's about identity, something inexistent in 90% of modern music. As I said, before, for all means look for new music, just don't use all your time for that, you need time to bond with things.

A large portion of punk, at least the first waves, was artificially inflated by labels who wanted to get rid of prog rock. Punk meant they could get any, well, punk in the street, put a guitar in his hand and he was set to go. I bet you can see how that is better for labels than a genre that requires highly skilled musicians(and an audience attentive to detail as well). To this day there is still a lot of salt about prog rock, read this for instance:
>The Whitest Music Ever
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/

>electronic music is inherently garbage.
Ahahahahaha what? Electronic instruments mean you can create whatever sound you want. Classical composers in the late 1800s and early 1900s claimed that the future of music should be electronic.
Find a flaw.
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw

youtube.com/watch?v=QpdF0LpZTB8
try again mate

mah nigguh
youtube.com/watch?v=o0t9cAlxtc0

>the pop charts of now are horrible.
dude. The pop is where they make song who are socially degenerative if you listen to the message.
And you are surprised it suck?

Maybe the big punk labels, but the more niche stuff is top tier

Stop listening to (((modern music))).

youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y

youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=uo14xGYwWd4

youtube.com/watch?v=wckAAh-V428

Every classical composer that composed electronic music was shit.

thanks mr. waits

Can we all agree that Swedish melodeath from the 90s is the best music humans have ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=qqWHWnKAq18