One of the best artists to come out of Japan in years

>one of the best artists to come out of Japan in years
>appealing, likeable characters with strong, memorable designs
>for the most part, all of them get a chance to shine
>every character works like a dog to improve and/or overcome adversity, with the sole exception being frequently pointed out as unusual
>the writing is mostly strong, and rolls with the shonen bullshit fairly well
Aside from the "real Eyeshield 21" crap, the introduction of Riku, and the shitty, unnecessary final arc, I would say ES21 is one of the best series' to ever come out of Jump, and easily the second best sports manga

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3LYdwZ40qe0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also, they totally fucked.

>Riku
Fuck i had forgotten about that.

>>one of the best artists to come out of Japan in years
This is sort of a weird way to talk about a series from fifteen years ago.

It is as true today as it was 15 years ago. I see Murata as something of a Japanese Art Adams, where you can argue that Artist A draws one thing better or that Artist B does, but everyone has to agree that he does just about everything better than everybody else. Look at that fucking water bottle, it's not fair for somebody to be that good.

It became repetitive when the tournament started and the Devil Bats were not allowed to lose anymore, but despite that each match was always hype.

I also didn't mind the final arc since it was really just a way to have another Sena vs Panther showdown. Nice way to end the series even if not necessary.

I don't know who Art Adams is, or why you're using a colored promotional image as evidence of art quality, but regardless of whether you like Murata's art the most or not, it's absolute bullshit to claim that "he does just about everything better than everybody else." He's not as good at perspective at Samura, he's not as good at architectural design as Nihei, he's not as good at detailed shading as Miura or Inoue or Tanaka, he's not as good at nature as Igarashi (hell, he doesn't show off any sort of sketchy / rough style at all), etc.

>hell, he doesn't show off any sort of sketchy / rough style at all
That's more of a subjective fault than the others, but I think OP was just being hyperbolic, calm your pedantic autism.

>subjective
I'm using it as an example of different ways that artists can be good that Murata doesn't utilize, because yes, OP triggered my autism with his dumb claim that Murata's the best at everything.

I might have exaggerated, but you're clearly missing the point of the statement on purpose.

>I don't know why you're using a person's art as evidence of art quality

> easily the second best sports manga
what's the first

Slam Dunk.

> but you're clearly missing the point of the statement on purpose.
What is the point? That he's the best overall because you think so, and that "everyone has to agree" because that's just how it is? My point is that are tons of other mangaka who are just as good or better contenders.

>>I don't know why you're using a person's art as evidence of art quality
We're talking about his manga art quality here, not the quality of art he does in other contexts.

>in other contexts
It's a color spread, you tit. They're essentially title pages that get printed along with a chapter. Pedantic autist doesn't even begin to describe you.

>It's another guy falls for the Yusuke Murata is the best artists ever meme and is not equiped to defend his opinion

Fugg, i wanted to talk about Eyeshied Comfy1

Then talk about it, or you could just keep bitching.

>Aside from the "real Eyeshield 21" crap

After the Nagas and the Dinosaurs, the Alexanders were really anticlimatic and boring.

>the shitty, unnecessary final arc

It could have been good if he had bothered giving personalities to the US team, at least the five principals, besides being jerks.

He still have kickass art, it's even more notorious in One Punch Man (or maybe he improved from Eyeshield).

>he's the best overall

OP didn't say he's the best overall, he said he's one of the best, that doesn't mean there isn't anyone better.

I hear its good, if you're into over the top, childish and borderline supernatural sports manga that is.

Pleb: Deimon Devil Bat's
Patrician: Amino Cyborgs

You don't?

fpbp

No I'm not.

>jugador
why should a spic care about murrican futbol?

Sena is one of the few protags I found myself rooting for
Whether it was the death march or whatever, the guy pushed himself so hard to become better in a somewhat believable way
The only issue is that like in most sports manga and anime, seconds feel like minutes with inner dialogue and over explaining during someone moving or taking action
in this case its american football in which plays are over very quickly, sometimes instantaneously so I felt it sort of dragged with some of the explanations and the "what?! how did he...his speed!!" moments

Hiruma is the best character to ever grace sports manga.

At the very least i can say he is the best character on his series.

By all accounts he should be the most obnoxious and """""epic"""" character but the fact that it is pulled off elevates his status.

Valid points, but half of them not entirely attributable to Murata as Inagaki would've contributed more in those regards

I really am baffled how he can be so typically edgy yet so likeable in the same time.

Inagaki both revels in and makes light of said edgyness in perfect harmony.

His edginess is played in a humorous way, that's why he works so well.

And now he lives on in OPM. As a vampire

The stupid nerd that scored the first touchdown against Vegeta and Agon was the real MVP

Wasn't it also said that he does it to freak people out? Well, not outright stated, but he didn't correct the guy.

>First design was literally Hiruma
Oh Murata

pretty much since he started off gambling and used his appearance for intimidation tactics.

are there any good doujins of them hatefucking each other?

the only ones i've seen in the past are NTR doujins.

Not hatefucking, but most of the straight doujin are the two of them.

What was your favorite and least favorite match?

Favorite: Final match against the White Knights

Least Favorite: The one against that guy from the swim team.

It was a sudden rush of melancholy, wish he had kept it, thanks for posting it anyway my man.

One of my favorite series, it's incredibly fun

Favourite: Devil Bats vs Seibu

Least Favourite: Againts the NASA aliens

Dinosaurs/Cyborgs

Aliens. The video was the only good part of that whole pile of crap.

Favorite: Dinosaurs
Least favorite: The final match against the American team

The anime was shit but fuck me if didn't ahve some fine tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=3LYdwZ40qe0
>mfw this started playing for the first time

Did Eyeshield begin the trend of main girl (AKA: the manager) not ending with the MC that was also followed by KuroBas and Haikyuu?

I still reread ES21 every couple of years.
It's a fantastic series and holds up.

Made me actually stand watching American football.

She ended up with the most popular character though, who was basically co-protagonist for large sections of the series.

Can't wait for Manager not to end up with Onoda in Yowapeda

Every manager had best girl designs. How does Murata do it?

kek that big goblin nose that got erased

He's not as good with camera angles as Kishimoto either.

It reached the peak against White Knights in the Kanto semi-final.

Only memorable part of Dinosaurs was the final kick by Musashi.
Alexanders didn't reach my expectations.
The entirety of world cup arc was shit.

They were designed as main girls for different protagonists, no team saw themselves as side characters, only Ishimaru.

Don't you start, we've got a good thing going here.

Hiruma's comeback was pretty cool.

Hiruma was my first husbando.

No homo

Favorite: Dinosaurs

Least Favorite: Aliens

>real Eyeshield 21
That was so contrived. The other two are bad, but I would say this was the only serious misstep in the series.