What you think about our lives is wrong

Here is an amalgamation of not my "beliefs", but my knowledge of how the universe works.

Let me start by stating everything that you think is wrong, and here's how it actually is.

There is no God
Religion was made up by humans
Ghosts aren't real (to anyone who thinks that)
you don't have a soul, or a "being"
there is no definitive meaning to life
science is the only answer to everthing
No ones life has real purpose.

Now, on to how I know all of this. Simply put, I'm not fucking retarded. Any human out there with more than 2 IQ points can tell you all of what I just said is true. Now here's WHY I know this, Main point in case, religion. It's SO obviously made up by humans that it's laughable people actually believe that shit. EVERYTHING biblical pertains to humans in some way, and since we're not the center of the universe, we're nothing in the eyes of the universe, this is an obvious plow to tend to the morons of the world who are scared of what they can't understand. I really don't even have to explain myself for the ghosts part, it's so obvious. There obviously is no "soul" or "being", because your body is a mass of chemicals, and complicated networks that keep you alive, without those systems you are nothing, you don't exist, only your flesh remains of your former self once you lose your connection to life. As I always say, "There is less than nothing after death", but in-fact this isn't true either, the only real way to describe what's after death would be to forget everything and live in a world where there is no light, no dark, no life, no death, it is less than that which is less than nothing, it's pure emptiness, yet somehow even emptier. This is evidenced by the fact that there has NEVER been ANY proof of an after-life or a God in our REAL world, those who believe in a God are humans who need to be eliminated, anyone who believes is a virus, they will infect others. Though you should be scared, just live your life, and be happy.

Do you have an argument in favour of this? Your whole post is just an assertion

This thread isn't for argument, please tell me one case in which intelligent people like myself have ever been able to talk sense into moronic believers via means of an argument. You're right, my post is just an assertion, I'm not entirely sure why you were expecting to argue, maybe that's what you want?

If it's not for argument, what's it for? Jacking off over your own imagined intellectual superiority?

nihilism isn't new kid

*tips fedora*

Not that I disagree with you, but you need to see this in this board's perspective. Sup Forums wants western civilization to survive and remain majority white. There's a big problem when it comes to the birth rate of whites. Traditionalism and social conservatism are seen as solutions for this matter. More religious people, on average, are much more socially conservative., vote conservative, and have more children.

So, to make it simple, the mythology is not really important, traditionalism is. Religion plays a huge part in that (at least in western countries).

It's not for argument, it's a fruitless attempt to convince others that nihilism is the universal standard, because it's the only belief system that revolves around truth.

>There is no God
I’d rather make decisions with actual evidence.

>Religion was made up by humans
Humans differentiate from animals by the ability to reason, so this is true.

>Ghosts aren't real (to anyone who thinks that)
you don't have a soul, or a "being"
Don’t know anything about ghosts.

>there is no definitive meaning to life
There is a purpose to life otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

>science is the only answer to everthing
Observing phenomenon can alter the results of “science”. We should be skeptical of radical scientific claims.

>No ones life has real purpose.
Answered above.

If it revolves around truth, where is the argument? Surely you can come up with one if nihilism is true

Interesting believes, at-lease you're willing to come halfway on this and see things as they are in that there is no soul, though this isn't an argument thread

I can in-fact come up with MANY arguments that would prove my claim correct; However you will most likely refuse my proof stating that it isn't enough, therefore I see no reason to argue.

I never claimed there wasn’t a soul.

I think you misunderstood something I wrote.

Why care enough to assert an opinion at all? Your only philosophical end is hedonism so either you don't believe it or you don't really believe it.

You would weep for God's mercy within moments.

>haha yeah, I can defend the belief I created this thread to promote if I wanted to, but I just choose not to

Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't put the "you don't have a soul, or a "being"" part in greentext so I assumed it was your belief aswell

I'm terribly sorry that you think I'm lying, but I can assure you, I know a lot on the matter, though I'm not up for an argument as they lead nowhere

I think what you're really saying is that you believe something without reason, that you can't defend it logically, and that you don't want to change this viewpoint. Pretty pathetic desu

How much time until OP becomes drug addicted or kills himself?
I give him 1,5 years, 2 top. One less moron, I guess.

You're right, I don't want my correct viewpoint to change

But why is it correct?

That was mean

As I said, I'm not stating why I believe myself to be correct, as it will only start a straw man argument.

>you don't have a soul, or a "being"
It really depends on how you define a soul. In terms of disappearing after death, it doesn’t seem rational to believe you will disappear.

We can make a claim that the brain is the interpreter between the physical and the conscious.

But we really can’t prove anything.

That’s why i prefer to be agnostic towards questions that are unanswerable, rather than being dogmatic.

To fulfill your purpose of existence should be enough for a lifetime of thought and belief.

Why? Do you only have strawman arguments in favour of your position? It would be an improvement over offering absolutely no reason to agree with you, that's for sure

>Claims no soul or god

>On technology invented by men with intellects towering over his own that adamantly believed ther was

>there are 0 inventions in the last 400 years that revolutionized or considerably improved human life that were made by atheists

>Probably hasn't even contemplated electromagnetism, believes gravitons are real

>It's not for argument, it's a fruitless attempt to convince others that nihilism is the universal standard, because it's the only belief system that revolves around truth.

Oh, I expect no one here to agree with me unless they already share the ideology.

0 important technological innovations have been made by atheists, why?

Cause God has the answers, and atheists only seek inside themselves

Kind of like how stupid people cannot recognize genius, but great intellects can. You can only fathom so much as you are capable of believing in yourself; the only thing an atheist makes clear to the rest of the world is that he is sure he is worthless. lol. die quick pal

At-least someone can make a joke here. made me laugh. (No offence, I just assume you're kidding, please tell me if you're not though)

There’s some truth to this.

Are you just dumb?

Interesting

I would like to think I'm not.

100% serious. There have been no game changing technologies and discoveries ever created by avowed atheists, only improvements in already developed fields of research pioneered by believers in a God.

Whether physics, chemistry, or mathematics, all of the founding fathers of the fields believed there was God. The atheists always turn out to be (((promoted))) academics and peddlers trying to make a name for themselves, without actually improving human life through their ideas.

You couldn't prove otherwise if you tried

The OP is supposed to provide at least one actual argument, which is not the case.

Interestingly enough, the only argument you've made all thread is an argument that you are dumb. And it's pretty solid.

That's very sad, I'm sorry most of my kind aren't very attuned to creating things for a society that hates them

This is why I reject Atheism. Your philosophy and outlook on life are hollow as fuck.

Science will always give us the answer to the "how" but never the "why". The explanations of science are interesting but hollow. Take Love, fo example: Science will tell us that Love is caused when a chemical is secreted in our brain. But anyone who feels Love will intrinsically know that there is more to it than a simple chemical reaction. The chemical reaction is the how, but we dont know the why.

There is a Divine Plan. Everything has meaning. My experiences in life have taught me that there is much more to reality than we can properly perceive.

Please try to use commas properly, it was very hard to read this.

For once on this board I AGREE COMPLETELY.

Keep up the good fight user, these poor, sad, naive fuckers have been brainwashed from birth by the best.

FUCK ALL RELIGION

Actually I'm not user today, did you not see my name lmao (Thanks)

Correct. All he really says is: this is true because like come on anyone with an IQ over 2 knows it.

Then why feel the need to post it?

>dat nihilism
Don't worry user, after a few years it gets better, you get used to it and regain your fighting spirit :)
You just need to resist the urge to suicide yourself in the meantime

Thank you for your input, it's not very often I see people who nearly seem like they actually believe what they're saying.

Seriously! I'm NOT user today, CAN'T YOU GUYS READ MY NAME? (all jokes aside, thank you for your input)

It may be hollow but it's the truth nigger. Are you going to pretend that there's something deeper just because it feels good?
>My experiences in life have taught me that there is much more to reality than we can properly perceive.
And my experiences in life have taught me that is bullshit. Maybe you did too many drugs in highschool?

Science can’t answer all questions because the fundamental notion of science, of testable and repeatable observations, depends solely on the relation between the observer and the observed of which there is no objective relationship between the two.

That's a good point. I felt the desire, not need, to post this simply so that I could watch as the death threats and attempts of arguing roll in, so I can watch this thread grow even though it provides no real information or is interesting at all.

Science can't answer all the questions, I totally agree with you. But we must not make up shit to pretend to have an answer when we don't. If in the future we somehow find a way to figure things out then we'll know, in the meantime we just don't know and that's it

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean..

You started this thread because you’re lonely and lost. You need to find the purpose of your life and where the creator fits into that purpose. It can take your whole life to find it, and in the end you may never find it.

I think if we ever do get scientific proof that God isn't real, most of the world will reject it because of their lack of intellegence

I started this thread because I'm bored of watching Netflix, so pretty much yeah, you're right.

>Muh feels
>Muh need for answers
>Muh existential crises
>Muh life muh experiences

I know you've been lied to your entire life user, but all you're doing is sounding desperate, lonely and full of feels. You said nothing and everything that means nothing. Enjoy your fucking life and don't worry so much about your small, meaningless existence.

Hail Trump, smoke weeds fuck bitches for Satan (even though he's a fictional scary specially-crafted boogeyman meant to incite fear in those that are foolish and naive enough to fall for a VERY human idea).

this is an image discussion board...what image are we discussing again?

I don’t think you understand the concept of a creator outside of what you’ve been taught of the creator.

oh look, some 20-something fag thinks he knows a lot of stuff.

Better get my tape recorder. This is worth framing!

Why do I enjoy looking at dumb bitches looking confused as fuck?

Sage.

I've been haunted before. I've looked a ghost in the face. You can take your fedora and shove it up your boypussy to make sure you don't dilate,

Actually I grew up in a christian house-hold, I've simply came to these conclusions myself. Sorry to contradict you, I know I said I wouldn't argue but I'm not sure if there is ANY way to argue the fact that I was raised by Christians, to be christian.

Lay off the drugs my ameribro

lmao

Lol

I think you should realize that religion keeps social order and serves a purpose outside of the pure quest for knowledge.

You shouldn’t observe your past relationship with Christianity in a vacuum just because it didn’t create a desired emotional outcome.

I agree, it's beneficial to have religion in the world as it serves for a last resort terrible form of order in cases that seem dire.

So prove it nigger. Hint: You cant

Also, I'M NOT user DAMN IT (lol)

>inb4 midlife crisis conversion to christcuck
user... it's okay, you can admit religion is a necessary evil but ultimately bullshit. we aren't going to tell your rabbi

Please do not provoke anyone to state something that may cause an argument.

You sound like a lot of fun at parties, user.

>Memeflag

I've not touched psychedelics or any hard shit except booze.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M NOT user (I'm not, you're right)

Hello again anti-natalist faggot.

I thought you'd 'awakened' in the other thread? What happened?

All human behaviour can be explained away by biological neural networks. Consciousness as something separate from matter is an illusion.
If I stab you in the brain, you lose it. If I introduce chemicals in your body that don't cross the blood-brain barrier or don't interact with neurochemical receptors, nothign happens. If I do, your consciousness either stops working altogether or is heavily altered/impaired.
Then I dunno, maybe you're just naturally schizo. The brain secrets some amount of DMT by itself.
I've never had ANY supernatural experience. What am I supposed to do, trust my own experience or some randomfag on the internet?

I'm terribly sorry, but you may have me mistaken for someone else.

Please, thank you for supporting me, but it's not worth it. Your fight is over, thank you for your service.

???
I'm not supporting anyone you faggot

How sad is it that you have to assume I've been lied to my whole life because I believe in a divine plan and you dont? I actually used to be quite an atheist when I was younger, my beliefs now are based on wisdom and experience.

Im enjoying my life a lot thank you, and I believe my existence is not meaningless at all. Whereas you probably think yours is meaningless. So whose going to be happier in life?

>Implying I care about how you think or feel

;-;

Your tells and trolling 'style' are transparent as all fuck. All your philosophical yapping and bursts of LOLSORANDUMB are all rooted in nihilism as well. You just get off on hoping you can make people with views you find unpalatable as miserable as you currently are.

Never implied such thing.

>There is no God
Define God. I'll accept your proposition after that.
>Religion was made up by humans
Yes.
>you don't have a soul, or a "being"
Are you saying I'm not objectively real? That's not true.
>there is no definitive meaning to life
There can be.
>science is the only answer to everthing
Only to those things we can observe and quantify. For example, science would fail when we try to determine the origin of our thoughts because they are not observable not quantifiable.
>No ones life has real purpose.
The purpose of all life is to be born, to survive, to try and reproduce, and then die. This is the only common trait of all entities in the universe who are characterized as life.
On the other hand, if you ask whey are we here? As in why does this universe have life? Then yes. There isn't sufficient information to answer this question.

Yes you are. If you weren't, we would know your name.

Alright guys, well thank you all so much for you support on this thread, my intent for this thread was to see what the popular ideology for Sup Forums stood at this time of night, so one last thing before I get oof and the REAL reason that I posted this, so that I could let everyone know that I'M NOT FUCKING user, I AM THE OPPOSITE OF user YOU COMMIE FUCKS! Lots of love, love you all

Figures.

>Your tells and trolling 'style' are transparent as all fuck.
OP put in about 35 posts man. Most likely not a troll. He was just getting pissed that no one was reading his name.

Probably came across an epiphany today and felt we Sup Forumsacks wouldn't understand. I sympathize with him.

OP still a nihilist like you said though.

Congratulations...you're a Scientologist. Fucktard.

>intelligent people like myself
I have never seen such a fucking cesspool of narcissistic idiots like you find online. Like a digital visualization of the adage there is nothing more dangerous than stupid people in large groups.

He's an Obamaleaf-tier troll, was in a UFO thread awhile back where he bullshat about being abducted and 'chosen' and how he'd entered heaven and it's all so pointless he's the reincarnation of every Greek philosopher JUSTTRUSTMEYOUCANDOIT.

It's not just here either. Anti-natalism used to be his shtick, it's how I found out he's an insanely committed troll who's been banned from pretty much every Storm fronts style forum on the net.

He's an insane attention whore who likes seeing how many people he can fuck with or buy into his bullshit.

Also, those quads.

PRAISE HIM

Hahahahahahahahahaha

It's not that I don't agree with you, but you do so little to support your views. Sage

We are what we remeberrrrrr

>science is the only answer to everything

If we are stripping things down to the bone, this isn't true. Words are separated from the things they describe. The word: cat, is not a cat. Typically studies you read are in words. The only thing close to objectivity is thoughtless observation and even that can be questioned because our brains could be generating completely different images than what represents actual reality if there even is one.

You seriously have me confused with someone else