Where were you when the bitcoin bubble popped?

Where were you when the bitcoin bubble popped?
>Down 35% from its all time high
>Down 20%/$3000 today alone
Its ogre

Nice! Looks like it's time to buy

>known for being incredibly volatile
>people piss their pants when it does something volatile
Time to exchange some ETH and ride the wave up

tfw i tried to buy the dip on margin and those faggot whales chop the price up and down and liquidate all of us plebs

>bought silver at $30
>bought btc at $16,000
i'm just gonna shoot myself in the head until im dead

>tabs
fuck you

~30% retracement is exceedingly common. Next year when it dips from $100k to $67k you'll be making this thread claiming crypto BTFO.

parabolacucks BTFO!

hahahhahahhahhahhaa

same cunts who whinge about "fiat" currency "invest" in "currency" you cannot even wipe your ass with in a post apocalyptic wasteland...

>1929: "Runs on the bank are common. You'll be sorry when the stock market booms next year!"

Obama Leaf here. I'm trying to figure out where to put my money. I'm holding a lot of USD but I think Trump is gunna crash the USD pretty hard over the next 2 years. My leafbux will appreciate against the USD but i worry about the housing bubble here. Look at crypto, it's crazy. Could be $100,000 could be $1000 who knows. The Euro? I'm honestly flummoxed.

I bought silver at 20, user. Not quite as bad, but it's still a waste.
The true tarnishpill comes in when you realize that BTC is only so large because all the people who would normally invest their money into precious metals are investing in BTC instead, meaning silver and gold probably won't go back up.

lmao that's what Republicans were saying

Give it to black people charities and throw yourself off a really tall bridge over a rocky valley

Invest in Western Poland.

(you)

Yeah, and anyone who held their investments through the great depression instead of panic selling was living large in the 40s. And everyone who stayed in the stock market through the 2000 bubble and 2008 is living large today.

Congratulations, you just played yourself.

I'm laughing at the retards who bought it at 14-18 thousand with their credit cards

that's not nice leaf

fuck your internet tabs

problem is... bitcoin ain't an investment

You're wrong. Bitcoin is like digital gold. It will have value forever.

Not true. Most people who hold BTC are libertarians or Chinese millionaires. Most Americans dont even know wtf bitcoin is.

cunt

You guys have been saying that since BTC was $100. "I-it's not sustainable!"

At the very least Bitcoin has more inherent value than fucking fiat money. Without gold-backed currency it's the next best thing we have.

Why not put it in CAD? Shouldn't CAD be up now thanks to your retard PM?

>Not buying when the price starts to recover and getting caught in the beartrap.

Lurk more and learn our ways.

BULL TRAP BULL TRAP THE BUBBLE IS BURSTING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CHECK MY RECURRING NUMBERS

actually they are all getting rich and going to buy silver and gold dude

el australiANO

get back to me when it's not valued in USD, k friendo?

CAD is up since he took office and Trump will get us back to par within 2 years but like I said I worry about the housing market vulnerabilities here.

Plus a lot of leafs are retarded and think having a weak currency is a good thing because muh exports. to be fair a lot of conservatard burgers think the same way

" you guys have been saying that since tulip bulbs were cheap" -dumb cunts like you before the crash

Bought 36 LTC @ 225
Sold 36 LTC @ 254

not bad for waking up in the middle of the night and dicking around on gdax for 20 minutes before going back to bed eh lads

short volatility etf. for every 100 shares short, buy an otm call. choose a strike so that your max drawdown is exactly 10% of your net liq. roll your calls the same way vix futures are rolled.

there's better ways to make money with vol, but this one's leaf proof. ignore equities, unless your buying oil stocks and shorting crude.

True story the tulip speculation was about the patterns on the tulip flowers not the actual tulips.

Originally it was thought to be heredity hence the sale of bulbs but was crashed when it was shown to be communicable (caused by the Tulip Mosaic virus, unbeknownst to everyone for years, also why it appeared to be inheritable) crashing the market.

is this a meme or actual advice? what would be the point of even shorting vix at this point. it's a historic lows isn't it

i get you're playing it on the other side but still

>muh tulips

Proof you don't even understand what bitcoin is. Stay poor.

Pretty much backed by oil, market flooded with oil = weak CAD

dumbest advice ever. it's the "intuitive" thing to do but also the dumbest

Oil is up to $58 and will likely continue rising as the USD continues weakening

I'm waiting for ETH to go back into < 500.

Nevermind buy SPY

>Pretty much backed by oil that can only really be sold to the USA.

Mate, if you don't have your savings in something more stable put a little bit aside so you can migrate if needs be.

It is called a dip. Time to buy any non meme coins.

Lol wtf this be

I meant bull trap.

And yes, it is intentionally retarded advice.

lol

i asked a legit question

>oil that can only really be sold to the USA.

China too.

Good point, but OPEC still has a lot of influence on it though

ka ka ka kill yourself obama leaf

lol r u the angry australian

yeah i worry about oil rising too fast, fueling inflation and potentially crippling the US economy

people seem to have forgotten but inflation can become a problem

Loosing all that money while people sleep. Gonna be a sad morning tomorrow for some people.

Mutual funds my nigga.

winklevi net worth nearly chopped in half

Just do what I say and spend the rest of your life figuring out how to do it better.

any good balanced diversified poo funds?

Aaand back below $13000 again
see you at work tomorrow, goyim. Don't forget to set up a repayment plan for all the credit cards you've maxed out.

anyone can just throw money into SPY tho that's the laziest strategy

tfw shoulda shorted at 19k

There won't be enough energy in the world to figure out the blockchain in a couple years.

Bitcoin's fallen and can't get up.

I don't know much about investing and I'm not deep into it but if you got into stocks and sheit then try investing in Indian markets.
India has one of the biggest chances to grow in 2018, the growing economy is not just a meme my friend

>tabs
>fuck you mang

I have like $500 invested, about 2 months ago, so I'm willing to ride this thing out and see where it goes

it will recover. i just feel bad for the people who unironically bought at 19k

Low-fee ETFs you nigger, it's not hard at all.

Literally just find an index you like and then buy some shares in an ETF which tracks it.

At the moment I've got most of my money in ETFs tracking the ASX300 and S&P500.

>if you listen carefully you can hear kikes jumping out of buildings.

Fook I luv me mum

you have jack shit invested. i spend more on weed in a month than you have "invested" in this thing that isnt even an investment, its like runescape gold

i know

7% growth

that's a lot of poo

Bitcoin is like a ship at lost sea with a hole in its hull. Its crew will try desperately try to scoop the water out with buckets, but eventually they will run out of energy and the ship will sink.

is it in your super?

oh dear

All according to plan.

When ever a bubble bursts intentionally it happens late at night as the large investors and speculators dump en masse before the true panic selling sets in the next day. This lets them minimize their losses while they cash out.

This is why I can't trust bitcoin. Because its value is all based on speculation and psychology and not any hard economic data it can be crashed spontaneously by panic selling based off of nothing beyond people losing faith. If a stock crashes there will be warning signs as the company becomes less profitable (unless the company is falsifying data like ENRON did). But with a psychological bubble the worth is based entirely on people's faith in the commodity and how far that faith goes is impossible to predict.

7% growth is actually embarrassing, if it were not the Demonetization and GST then it would have been at 12-14%.
Now that the dust has settled I'm very optimistic regarding 10-12% in 2018.

Nah, I don't really keep track of my super.
I mean I know it's there, but I have no real control over it so I'm not too concerned.

Bitcoin is global tho and isn't it daytime in China

>285755 Unconfirmed Transactions
kek, get out while you can

Good point. Then buy shares of the top 500 US equities. Market cap weight your holdings.

I own real assets, you own zeros and ones that just crashed 30% and will crash further in the future

Good point, maybe its the Chinese who are cashing out and fucking us western imperialist pig dogs.

I think that's a little over-exuberant there. U had 7% growth in 2016, 8% 2015 but 12-14... that's a lot of toilets

still tho i sure can get a lot of rupees

All money is zeroes and ones. There is far more currency than bills in circulation. The problem is that Bitcoin is big, but still not big enough that a few very large independent actors can't fuck with it. I expect that it will rebound when the Lightning Network is available.

could be

Where was I? Shitting ep every thread I could find on /biz/ with "SELL SELL SELL"

satoshi's?

Yeah man, same

I said I own assets not money, you economically illiterate cunt

God's work, m8

It's because the current regime change.
It's very pro-capitalist.
We even got Apple for manufacturing in India at large scale this year plus IKEA and many more.

Oh, you're one of those hillbillies that stockpiles gold for the happening, got it.

So it should die. It doesn't operate like it was intended to. After Satoshi disappeared, it had a few years of glory and then Blockstream showed up and ((()))'d it.
People call Bitcoin Cash a scam, but it's way more Bitcoin than Bitcoin is right now.
Personally, I'd shift into user coins like Monero. Adaptable blocksize so won't face the same bullshit that BTC is facing right now.

Oh shit I left my LARP flag on

It legitimately is sensible to have at least some money in gold (or something else which is pretty stable) in case your other investments tank.

'course, if you're talking about an actual happening then you'd be better off investing in ammo.

can u please explain to right wing retards that it's because u pajeets will work for $3/hour and not because of corporate tax rates

Bitcoin Cash is a scam. It was fronted by Roger Ver, a man who isn't even allowed in the US anymore because he fled after selling explosives on eBay out of his apartment. Bitcoin has some growing pains, but cryptocurrency is going to replace payment processors eventually. It makes too much sense to have a form of money that you can send to anyone, immediately, without a third-party that can decide whether you're able to do so or not based on their own rules.

You are right Bitcoin isnt long term feasible. Heh and people were saying it would replace banks.

seems like 13k is the new average

I agree, but there is a difference between hedging and deciding not to invest in anything that isn't a physical object.