Was it really THAT bad? It was at least easily better than Kill la Kill

Was it really THAT bad? It was at least easily better than Kill la Kill

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/08/06-1/feature-revisit-kiznaiver-with-translated-pash-interviews-articles-part-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It was at least easily better than Kill la Kill
We can give it that at least.

The fact the singer in the OP died of brain cancer is more memorable than anything that happens in the plot of the actual show.

I hadn't heard that...

The OP was the only good thing about the show, poor dude

Anyone knows what happened in the novel?

And the OP was only good because it was literally plagiarized as fuck.

Did Kiznaiver get one of those react guys meme episode things like KLK?

Easily one of the worst shows I had watched. I honestly don't even remember when it aired anymore it was so fucking bad.
I think it was the same season as Mayoiga or whatever that fucking boiled egg shit show was.
What a terrible season.

In regard to series work I'd say it's their third best, Kill la Kill being the worst.

>dropped the show within the first episode
>knew it was gonna be some cringe worthy shit
>learn this

But the ED was far superior?

So working on this shit, literally gave him canser?
Kek

yes

I can't even remember the plot for this stupid shit.

It's like you're stupid.

It was his fourth brain tumor.

I liked it more than Luluco and it was probably one of the best looking shows of 2016. Cutest love story in a long time.

The ED was more "connected" to the show.
Musically and visual wise, the OP was far superior.

Neither Trigger with Kiznaiver nor Sunrise with IBO could really make their Okada shows work. It seems Okada is PAWorks' girl.

Also Yuta was best boy and Nori-chan was a cute, although Okada's self-insert was pretty cute too.

I really liked it, even if it wasn't by any means great. Probably just because I liked so many of the characters.

I hated it but couldn't bring myself to skip the OP after hearing about this.

It's better than fucking Glasslip, but the problem was that it was "lacking" rather than being irredeemably horrible.

I dropped only one of those before the end of the second episode, and it wasn't Kill la Kill.

>canser
Educate yourself.

Oh the feeling of sadness and malaise that comes over me when I think of this show. It could've been so good, it could've, the characters were interesting, both design wise and script wise, but motherfucking god did no one know what to do with them or the world they introduced, from beginning to end, no fucking plot whatsoever, like I seriously can't even remember what the show was about let alone what happened; I remember enjoying the whimsical characters and the fun opening song, but that's it.

The animation, music and character design were the only redeemable things in this show.

>make a battle anime
>remove all the battle scenes
this is why you don't let girls write anime

and this is literally what happened btw, the original script had battle scenes and they all got removed

Morten Harket is dead???

Dropped it after the second episode, but the ED was great.

I thought it was a fantastic show. One of my favorites from 2016.

>the original script had battle scenes and they all got removed
By the director who is male.

on the suggestion of the girl

It was utter shit. I wish I didn't pick it up in the first place.

Kiznaiver is really a love it or hate it series. I personally enjoyed it, with the only problem I had being Chidori

lolno

No, it was an okay series. The only ones who hate it are retarded Trigger hates. It would have been just another seasonal anime forgotten as soon it was over if it was animated by any other studio.

>Originally, Okada’s script was more of a traditional battle anime. The meat were the fighting scenes with the gimmick of the characters’ fighting potential being enhanced by sharing their wounds and that being their double-edged sword: you can fight more because you share your wounds, but if you’re injured too much everyone dies together. However, the script evolved because director Kobayashi told Okada that more focus should be on the characterization.
You're wrong.

source on this

i can't find the interview but i know i read it once

I took it from here: sushiobunny.tumblr.com/post/131451070490/

crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/08/06-1/feature-revisit-kiznaiver-with-translated-pash-interviews-articles-part-1
from the writer interview
>Okada: At first, we were considering having some battle scenes, too. Because they are sharing their pain among others, even if they are damaged, they can still fight. But because they are all sharing their pain equally, in the end if they all got hurt too much, they would all die at once. So after talking with the director and everyone else, we decided to express the emotional side of things.
director's interview
>The biggest change to the story after I joined the staff was to turn it from a battle-heavy work into one that depicts what’s in the characters’ hearts, the sort of thing Okada-san specializes in. Even though there are already eight main characters to flesh out, I knew that adding a lot of battle elements would make Okada-san want to flesh out the inner hearts of the enemies, too! And if that happened, it would exceed the scope of a TV show, so I suggested that it might be better to keep the focus on those eight main characters instead. I remember the staff very easily agreed to that. I’ve been involved with a few battle-centered series before, but truthfully, action is not my strong suit. I have an easier time depicting the time leading up to a character’s final resting place than depicting battle scenes. I consider it ideal to get battle scenes taken care of in one cut and be done with it.
sounds like a group fuckup i guess, don't use girl writers who can't write battle scenes

I don't see what Okada's gender has to do with this.

Chidori is the worst character in the history of anime

girl

I was almost going to drop it in episode 5 but when 6 and 7 came out, it changed... For the better! then it was normal again after.
So this is shit really boring for the first part

I liked it except for the rushed ending

But hell nah, KlK is a hundred times better.

Damn son you must not have seen much anime

This is no masterpiece but there's so much straight up irredemable garbage out there I have a hard time veliving this is even bottom 10%

I think Kiznaiver had a lot of pieces that if arranged in a different manner could have been very good. They needed to go back and figure out what was going on with the story because everything else about it was great.

fuck really?
Now I feel bad for skipping the OP every time

Nothing can be worse than Okada's shit writing. Nothing.

Clearly you lost your way.

I liked it!

I wanted to like it, but I couldn't. I'd love to see Kobayashi getting another chance to direct though, he did a great job. Just keep Okada far away.

I loved it all.

One of the few anime OPs that I never skipped

The only episode that stood out to me was the one where shit was hitting the fan and everyone was crying. I'm still mad Tenga didn't even address Nico's feelings at all, after yelling at MC to go after Chidori. If only they didn't wait until near the end to do such a scene like this.

Okada being a shit writer has nothing to do with her being a woman.

well what's the reason then

It was Triggers attempt at being Shaft. It fucking sucked donkey dick. One of the most boring shows I've seen in a long while.

It was pretty good

Episode 9 was the greatest episode in the history of anime

She just is.
It's not that she can't write battle anime, she can't write nothing.

>It was Triggers attempt at being Shaft.
How?

only watched it because of god-tier character designs and this cutie patootie

It was complete and utter garbage.

yeah because she's a woman

It was boring teen drama.

If everyone got focus episodes as in-depth as Honoka's, it would have been fine.

As is, I didn't really care about their fate at the end.

The greatest battle shonen was written by a woman, r9k-kun

It wasn't, it was your typical Okada's melodrama, could be better if it got two cours like Nagi no Asukara had. Unfortunately it got lots of Triggerfags and Okada haters and threads were overflowing with literal autism. God, I had to explain how Yuta got crush on that glassed girl from point to point.

I'm still mad mods didn't made the sticky thread for Boom Boom Satellites.

How do you explain male shitty writers, like the dudes behind SAO, SnK, Izetta and GC?

Fuck of back to robot, Sup Forums or wherever you brought your cancer here.

Itai

He's exaggerating but the first episode is kind of in the style of Shaft.

>The greatest battle shonen was written by a woman, r9k-kun
FMA is not the greatest battle shonen
they're just shitty
how angry can you cucks be, i'm just pointing out that she's shit and she's a woman ergo she's shit because she's a woman

>Okada's big chance to write an original with a lot of creative freedom
>Themes, Story and characters are generic and under developed
>Show ends being completely mediocre

It marked the end of the Okada for me. She blew her big chance.

Holy shit they're actually taking the bait, nicely done

Can't Okada be just shit, then?
I fail to understand your reasoning. If being female is the reason behind shitty writing, how is it there are male shitty writers, too?
Fuck off if you can't even properly justify your bullshit

>I fail to understand your reasoning. If being female is the reason behind shitty writing, how is it there are male shitty writers, too?
they're not male shitty writers they're shitty writers who happen to be male

LAY
YOUR
HANDS

>FMA is not the greatest battle shonen
It is.

Just like Okada is a shitty writer who happens to be female. The existence of male shitty writers proves gender is irrelevant to the quality of your writing

That's bullshit. Kiznaiver isn't terrible but it's completely mediocre. Kill la Kill is easily much better than that.

She wrote Simoun though.

Are you talking about FMA? The only plus it has over other battle shonen is that it has a continuous, pretty well paced story instead of being split into arcs. Nothing else about it is all that special though. Especially not the characters.

TAKE ON ME

i have mob psycho above it

it's second best i guess, nowhere near the best shonen ofc
not how it works

How does it work, then? Why is gender relevant to writing quality only for females?

>Are you talking about FMA? The only plus it has over other battle shonen is that it has a continuous, pretty well paced story instead of being split into arcs. Nothing else about it is all that special though. Especially not the characters.
Yeah, no.
Even comparing it with trash like One Piece is an insult.

them's the rules
i have hikaru no go, mob psycho and eyeshield 21 above it
> trash like One Piece
one piece is mediocre but it's not trash, you obviously don't read enough shonen

Blaxpoitation detective anime?

I watched the entire thing for Nico. Nico a cute.

Inferno Cop >>> LWA OVAs > KLK >= Ninja Slayer > Shit > Inou Battle > OP's opinion >>>>> Kiznaiver

>plagiarized
What exactly?

OP is indeed trash. Hikaru no go is mediocre as it oversimplify the struggles of becoming a professional player in typical shonen fashion for an easy, positive message. Mob is good but I'm still not up to date.

Irredeemable trash. Some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

You've never heard Take On Me?

>Hikaru no go is mediocre as it oversimplify the struggles of becoming a professional player in typical shonen fashion for an easy, positive message.
ok you're a pesud

and you didn't even say anything about eyeshield 21

Inferno Cop: NANI!?/10
LWA: 10/10
KLK: 9/10
Inou Battle: 5/10
Ninja Slayer: 6/10
LWA2: 7/10
Luluco: 8/10
Kiznaiver: 4/10
LWA series: 8/10 so far

>You've never heard Take On Me?
Doesn't even sound like Take On Me.

Kiznaiver could've been fun because of the characters, but they had to go full out melodrama. It was more fun when it was Tenga and everyone else fucking around.