If Sup Forums were an anime card game

What kind of cards would there be? What would the rules be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bMO9U00pZ3k
youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Sup
imgur.com/a/zK2ZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Awww man I really want an Uno Yu Gi Oh Parody now.

uno is just a ripoff of crazy eights

It'd be nothing but trap cards.

>What kind of cards would there be
A Pot of Greed equivalent that allows the player to draw two new cards

I don't get it. What's so bad about Pot of Greed?

Is drawing 2 cards that broken? Do you get to chose what cards you draw or is it the top 2?

My pot of memes lets me draw two memes from the deck.

Think of it like this. Your deck has 40 cards, of which you only want a few in there. If you have a pot of greed in your deck it doesnt actually count as a card so you'll technically have 39 cards in your deck if one of them is pot of greed. On top of that it gives you an extra card which means you need one less turn to find the card that you want. So less turns to get what you want with a higher chance of getting what you want.

>What's so bad about Pot of Greed?
It allows me to draw two additional cards from my deck. In a broken ass game like yugioh, that's pretty terrible because it makes that card basically essential for every deck.

But don't you lose if your deck runs out of cards?

Yeah but very few games last 10+ turns let alone 20-40 turns needed to deck out.

>nothing but pot of greed allowed

Is all of YuGiOh just trying to get THAT card?
What if the enemy has a way to counter THAT card then do you just forfeit?

I used to remember owning some kind of weird tomato card and witch of the dark forest that just let me draw other weak monsters and shit. Are those cards banned as well?

Also this
But I guess the answer is this

There was that one game that ran for five episodes.

In magic THAT card is called a win condition. Usually a deck will have a couple win conditions in it with the rest of the deck built around it.

The weak searcher's are banned because they search Exodia with ease.
And every card game is about getting THAT card.
If your opponent counters that then either you have multiple copies of your strategy or have other outs as well.
You can also counter his counter as the other natural evolution of card games is not letting the opponent play.

basically it's the only way to counter someone dropping a reversal card in UNO, because that "person who played card must pick up 2" becomes a straight +2 for your opponent, turning reversal cards from the ultimate defensive move into another attack card for their opponent.

>samefag card
>lets you play the same card twice
>if opponent calls you out and is correct, you lose the cards

Are you not allowed to use a deck with less than 40 cards?

No the minimum is 40, I don't think theres a maximum but no one goes above 40 since that makes it less likely to draw your win condition.

Nerds

>OPT card
>Place a card that looks super cool and don't tell anyone it's effect or stats
>When someone asks you what the card does act like a absolute retard and refuse to give them that info

It's the worst card on this shit board.

Are you frustrated?

Every time I think of people acting a certain way because "that's just the way it is man" instead of acting logically.

>"that's just the way it is man"
More like, do your own work. We don't want useless bottomfeeders on Sup Forums who can't even into google.
Most anons will readily provide sauce as soon as you prove that you are not just too lazy to do it yourself.

>he can't reverse search
>he doesn't know about yandex
>he doesn't know about archives
GOO GOO DA DA SAUCE PWEASE

That's the thing: there's a set deck size, so cards that just give you the ability to pull more cards per turn are effectively negative cards - it's like playing with a deck that's less than the set deck size.

You really need to link draw effects to some condition (say if you lose monsters, or your enemy casts spells or you cast spells) rather just have a draw x cards card without costs or tactics needed on the part of the player.

Also: because everyone has to have them, it basically creates a meta of "must-have" cards for "viable" decks, which include Pot of Greed, and thus also includes "draw if your opponent draws" cards to take advantage of the fact you always know ahead of time that your opponent is going to have Pot of Greed, and then every deck becomes a matter of have as many THAT cards possible in amongst all the draw cards.

It was fine but the nerf to reverse image search made it harder to counter. It's still manageable, get gud.

>that feeling when a newfag can't get his sauce and you tell him to fuck off

>Whole point of the thread is to post an image that makes people want to read the source material
>Refuse to provide source material.

It's not about laziness. It's about the reasoning. If it wasn't a thread with the sole purpose of getting people to read something then I'd agree that people shouldn't constantly ask for sauce. But when you intentionally post an image of which you know the source in a thread because you want to introduce it to people then it's fucking retarded that you refuse to also include the god damn name.

Consider it training.

Ne, because you use the heart of the cards.

I'm sure you know but in the japanese version, heart of the cards was just cheating.

>pss, you just activated my trap card
>it's a smug anime face without any effect

>both players shake hands and leave the table satisfied

It' s only cheating if you get caught.

I CAST DUMB FROGPOST
THREAD QUALITY LEVEL DECREASES BY HALF

we call it "bullying" in belgium

Except if you run some rogue deck that benefits a lot from milling. Lawnmowing Infernoids and banish decks

Sup Forums doesn't have standard rec threads. OPT threads are fine precisely because they require some work from you.

Virginity Cards

Usually the source material is about 2 or 3 clicks away. It's a nice way to get your sauce, and it's way faster than later get to some thread with a unnamed page and have to wait half an hour to someone to respond about source or generate an autistic chain of angry replies.
It's how Sup Forums rolls, user. You can learn to deal with it and be self-sufficient or keep getting angry about the reasoning behind a bunch of weebs.

NOT SO FAST I ACTIVE THE SPECIAL EFFECT OF ''WOJAK THE FEEL POSTER'' WHICH NEGATES THE ACTIVATION OF EVERY FROGPOST MONSTER ON THE FIELD

YOU JUST ACTIVATED MY COUNTER TRAP
ALSO AS AN ADDED BONUS IT GIVES ME AN EXTRA "ban this poster" COUNTER
SOON I'LL BE BANNED AND WIN THE GAME... KID

So what exactly is the point of OPT threads?

I can find source just fine, it's actually very easy. But the reasoning behind not providing source from the start in a thread about making others discover something you like is just too fucking stupid to not get angry over.

Lol u mad?

Can I ask you how long have you been browsing Sup Forums? Or if you've been here before, did you have a hiatus from visiting Sup Forums?

It's pretty evident that I am mad.

>So what exactly is the point of OPT threads?
Sharing recommendations with each other, without making it too easy for leeches.

NOT SO FAST I FLIP THE TABLE OVER AND GET ANGRY BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS DUMB AND I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE

PSS KID I SUMMON ''WOJAK THE FEELS DELIVER'' WHO SENDS BACK YOUR TRAP CARD TO YOUR HAND

He's mad.

I've been here since around 2010.

You realize that if you included the name of the source you wouldn't have a leech problem. Nobody would ask for source if it was there.

>I've been here since around 2010.
Newfag.

>you wouldn't have a leech problem.
No, the leeches are the people who come here and try to get instant gratification without lurking.
Sup Forums wants to be hostile to newcomers.

>why don't YOU put the toilet seat down
Why don't YOU go fuck yourself

Then you would know that there aren't actual recommendation threads, except for OPT, and that's even kinda a stealth rec thread, and only for mangas.
Why do you think that a board about two large visual mediums doesn't have rec threads, and the ones that are made are shortlived, sage and the OP is pointed to /wsg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA

Mkay

Once again it's about context. In general don't spoonfeed people who just ask for stuff or people who make recommendation threads but in a thread with a specific purpose of getting people to discover new stuff, withholding information because they have to "work for it" is just dumb.

I don't see how this applies at all.

I am aware that rec threads aren't allowed. But as you said OPTs are technically rec threads but with a different format. Are you saying that the reason they're not deleted is because people don't include sauce? What's the point you're making exactly? Are you justifying the behavior of the fools who posts images but refuse to give sauce.
>They're in the right because since they don't give sauce they're technically not recommending stuff.

>NOT SO FAST, user
>I PLAY "YURIBAIT"
>THE THREAD DERAILS AND ALL LESBIAN CARDS MUST BE DISCARDED

>it's about context.
Indeed.
>in a thread with a specific purpose of getting people to discover new stuff,
On a board, that does not want to spoonfeed people with free recommendations. We don't have a sticky with a link to the Sup Forums wiki and recs for a reason.
They are supposed to lurk.
Now start thinking about context instead of just talking about it.

>please go out of your way to please me
do you really not see how it applies

The point I'm making is that OPT threads force you to actually lurk. I didn't like the way these things are handled as well, but as I said, that's how Sup Forums is. If you want to change it, you'll need to talk to someone actually in charge. Or just leave the board, as it doesn't suit your needs.

Here are the 2 scenarios:
>Hey guys I like X please give me stuff that's more like X.
In which case I'd agree that that person shouldn't be spoonfed.
and then you have
>Hey guys you should check X out.
>Hmm yea that looks neat
>Haha but I won't tell you what it is, you'll have to WORK for it.

Do you really not see the difference?

But people in OPT actually want you to read the thing. In your shitty example it would be:
>Please use my toilet
>Yea ok I guess I could pee.
>HA now you'll need to put the seat down.

And even then the example is still wrong. It would be more accurate if it was:
>Please use the toilet
>Yea ok I guess I could pee, where is the toilet
>Ha you'll have to look through my house to find it, I'm not just going to tell you.

The thing is, the people in charge don't really care. This is a community website, if enough people start doing something then it becomes "the way it is". So if I am able to have enough people understand my point of view then maybe they'll stop following "the way it is" like sheep and start thinking logically.

>you'll have to WORK for it.
Yeah, 3 clicks is so much work. It always ruins my day when I have to quickly look something up.
The only people who are really bothered with this are the ones who lack the routine, and can't do it within a fraction of a minute.
In other words, the kind of people who are used to being spoonfed.

I summon reflect! Your wall of text is deflected and has no effect.

If you had read the other replies I've given in this thread you'd know that the WORK isn't the problem. I know how simple it is to do a reverse search.
My problem is with the ideology of "I ABSOLUTELY WON'T GIVE SAUCE" even in cases where you want the other party to have sauce.

>Biggest reply counts 8 lines and a total of less than a 100 words..
Are you one of the people that is saying that people should work for stuff and yet you won't put in the effort of reading less than 100 words?

Second scenario:
>"hey let's post pages that you really like from a manga"
>see a page
>gets interested
>waste less than a minute seeking clues about the page to give you a name: filename, google, yandex, etc
>move on to look for other pages
It's not difficult, it's not work. It teaches you to use your head a bit.

And your analogy is false, it'be more like
>"I could really pee right now, but where's the toilet"
>look at the house for a bit, it isn't a mansion anyway, find toilet, pee

The expectation is pretty simple:
If you can't get the source for yourself, you don't deserve it.
Lurk more.

>you want the other party to have sauce
That's not exactly what happens, though.
It's not like the one person posting the page is trying to shill a manga. He just finds it cool and puts it up there, if someone actually is interested they'll look for it.
I think what's making you angry is because you're misunderstanding or exaggerating someone else's intention.

You forgot to take into account the 2nd party in your analogy fix. Remember that there's someone posting a page and someone else looking for source.

But I'm done replying to you anyway. It serves no purpose, at least the other anons are trying to rationalize the degenerate behavior.

So what exactly would lurking accomplish in this case? Will they magically learn through lurking how the reverse search works? Or is it expected of them to go into every thread and hope that the same page or a page similar to it is posted and also hope that the person who posts that page provides the name or the series? Or are they supposed to wait until someone else asks for sauce and then hope for an answer then?

This is the only reasonable argument that was given to me today. I guess if you want to see it that way then maybe my anger is misplaced. I still think fools should post the source though.
These posts are probably also you:

>Will they magically learn through lurking how the reverse search works?
Of course not. If they never try at all, they will be useless pieces of shit for their entire lives.
They are *supposed* to try google, try yandex, try the archives, try lots of things.
Reverse search is actually an acquired skill. At first, you'll use the wrong search engines and miss obvious clues. Later, it'll take way less time.

So lurking serves no purpose then. You just wanted to say the Sup Forums catchphrase.

Learning how to reverse search requires you to actually put in the effort of using the reverse search and then trying stuff out.

>So lurking serves no purpose then.
Lurking would teach you that you are supposed to search for things yourself. In that context, the term was directed at you, because you were asking to be spoonfed.

You're correct, those posts are all from me.
And look at the bright side. Most OPT threads have a lot of anons that put their source on the filename and others that go around sourcing unnamed posts maybe one of those anons is you?

The other user mistook a bit the purpose of lurking.
Lurking actually makes you find what tools you need for this kind of stuff. I personally didn't even know yandex was a thing since last month. But the name was thrown around pretty frequently in OPT threads, so I caught that up and added to my tools of searching.
Just like lurking eventually teaches newcommers about this is retarded but actually exists greentext etiquette.

/tg/ here, with a concept.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sup Forums_CCG

Both of those anons is me.
I always give source and also give source for stuff that I know.

Yandex would have remained meaningless to you if you weren't already reverse searching anyway.
Plenty of handy aides are mentioned regularly and they pass through people's minds without leaving a single trace because they wouldn't even think about engaging in activities that would make these tools useful.

It would remain meaningless out of context. But since I was lurking those threads and trying to understand about the sauce drama, all I had to do is put 1 and 1 together.

>Activate lesbian
Smirk for two years before posting

That sounds incredibly painful.

You"ve triggered my big guy! Thread crashes with no survivors.

Lurking is for card draw - place face down on the board during the typing phase (which happens between the "Open Thread" phase and the "reCAPTCHA" phase) and it allows you to take two cards from the top of your deck whenever your opponent uses a Sauce? or Image Search card to look at your hand.

Great for /wsr/ decks and as a way to counter Oldfag decks

you need four (u) lands though.

Meta thread, the game is paused and now the players have to play a second game, witch decides if the effect of the card is allowed

I ACTIVATE MY "INSTANT ANIME" TRAP CARD!
BY USING ITS ABILITY, I CAN RETROACTIVELY CAUSE ANY CARD GAME TO BECOME AN ANIME!

imgur.com/a/zK2ZM

>look at the house for a bit, it isn't a mansion anyway, find toilet, pee

I don't think that's any better. Poor guy would probably piss himself if anything.