It's almost 2018 and Puerto Rico still isn't a state

>it's almost 2018 and Puerto Rico still isn't a state
the botched hurricane relief is almost as bad as the hurricane itself, will the Trump administration and GOP ever apologize (at least in this way)?

Still no electricity, day 103. And no hope in sight

We don't want PR. They should sell their ass to China instead. China could pay off PR entire debt as well upgrade their infrastructure.

Shouldn't you be ashamed of your own people for not showing strength and getting shit done in times of crisis? Trying to virtue signal with weakness is disgraceful.

No one is virtue signaling, dumb leaf. That's the reality, unless like yourself who can't remain to shut up about the things you do to help others and immediately tell it to everyone so you feel good. No, I take back my words, YOU are virtue signaling.

>That's the reality
Great. So get off the internet and go help your neighbor.

This, actually. I really wouldn't mind and seeing the spics sperg out would be worth it.

Not throwing you under the bus but how are you on Sup Forums without electricity?

Apparently your reading comprehension is as shit as your countrymen.

The same way as you, unless you're a proxy.
Generators and cellphones are a thing.

And you're still here. Go help your neighbor, show your country's strength.

This is why we don't want you bums in our country. The American work ethic is to get things done. The Puerto Rican work ethic is to take a nap and let big daddy government take care of them problem.

Stop leaching off of us you lazy coconut niggers.

Every Puerto Rican I have met IRL has been a garbage human-being. I'd love for you guys to be a state so even more of my money I work for can be wasted on you retards.

fix it yourself you stupid boricua nigger

>botched hurricane relief
They fucked it up because they can't get deliver shit to their citizens.

this. boricuas are a special kind of stupid.

Nah, cityfag here. Estas sin luz desde Irma?

Shouldn't even give you subhumans relief in the first place considering you're too lazy to do shit for yourselves.

We are waiting on you to hack them into statehood. You might of thought the Trump election was a one time thing, but Americans develop dependencies at an extremely accelerated rate. You have a lot of work cut out for you.

There is no pension and no retirement for fellow citizens living in the island, I am not leaching of anyone but myself. The government has done absolutely nothing ever since Maria struck and rightly so, it was about time the people realize that you can't be a lazy monkey and expect santa to magically solve things, and as for I agree that most people that leave her dor the mainland are garbage and uneducated so if you meet with one of them be sure ro punch them in the face fo me, I bet no one from PR that lurks here falls in any of the category that we seem to be stereotyped for, because things on the island are very different, we work hard, we help our community, we stay amid adversity. You want to see the trash? Check out the more than 300,000 that left to Florida and will most likely turn it into a blue state, those are the shit gib me dat type. .

>>it's almost 2018 and Puerto Rico still isn't a state
Fuck off...we don't want nor do we need your debt or 4.5 million new welfare recipients. You all should abandon the island and immigrate to Europe

I'm not licking ass but I can't help but agree. The funny thing is we preach this anti-establishment, muh evil corporate Trump murica mantra and then when shit hits the fan we come crawling back

Statehood?! Hell no! Give them independence. Its what the majority usually votes for

Yep, so dor me it would be more like 120 days, been with family, doing manual stuff like the good old times, even built a little ranch to roast the turkey in, pic related. Going to do the same this 25th, can't have a Christmass without God blessing the roasted pig.

Short of stopping everything and sending everything from the states to a territory what can they do? Besides, the autistic Puerto Rican mayor or whatever it is decided instead of spreading relief aid, she’d not even use it and sell/distribute anti Trump shirts. I wonder if America will ever sell it to Haiti or the Dominican Republic - It’s just a complete detriment and provides no worthwhile benefit at all.

The independence vote roughly get a 2%, the statehood vote this year got around 87% and we are still waiting for that if it had an effect or not.

There is a disinformation campaign putting that slut as the Puerto Rico mayor and that is WRONG, she is only a major of the capital, she has no power whatsoever, the one that is the GOVERNOR is Ricardo Rosello. It baffles me to see the north american news plastering as what she is NOT. But of course, fake news and you faggots eat it off.

Family of rabbits and family of skunks crossing the highway...truck comes along and wipes out both families, except for one young rabbit and one young skunk.

Both make it to other side of highway terrified and in shock.

Rabbit: OMG my family! I..I, didn't even get a chance to know what I am.

Skunk: Well, you have long ears, a button nose and a fluffy tail...I think you're a rabbit.

Rabbit: Yes...yes, that feels right, I'm a rabbit.

Skunk: But I have the same problem...I don't really know who I am.

Rabbit: Well...you're half black, half white and you smell like shit...you must be Puerto Rican....

Fucking awesome. Nothing like pig, imo. Sucks about the electricity thing, though, hope that gets solved.

Also, where are you from? Metro o campo?

which state are you from you dumb fuck? probably some ass crack like Arkansas! why is it even a state?

Campo whole, to reach civilization I need to drive for like 25 minutes. Feels good man.

You are all a bunch of idiots! Feel the wrath of your dirty politicians carrying out the plans of the jew bankers that have enslaved you in debt. You've allowed your infrastructure to become worse than your feared 3rd world country status. Take back your fucking island and get rid of your dumb leftist ideals that will only bring you more misery. Blaming Trump only makes me laugh. PR does it better?, fucking PROVE IT !!! You will never be a state of the greatest nation of earth, get over it.

Besides that, American can literally send any more aid. The cyclone was one of the most destructive, and the most destructive in history for Puerto Rico afaik. They’ve sent both aid and military engineers to get power online and everything working, but combined with shitty infrastructure which makes repairs hard and an extremely poor territory as well, I have no clue why the fuck the US hasn’t sold you poor asses off.

Can’t physically send any more aid*

They should be thankful, they can't afford to be a state.

PR is fucked but at least you are making the best of a shit situation.

A quick google search will answer your question, the numbers the Jones Act generate for maritime and inland trade is so ABSURD that the United States just brushed the debt off. Not to mention the military startegic point we offer to keep shit in place in South America and the lower antilles. There are more than 5 military bases in the island, and they CLAIM to be innactive but that is simply not true, they have been more active than any other day specially since the hurricane.