Christian Theology General

Lets discuss Christian Theology. Ask about the trinity, Christology, the history of Christianity or anything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

sonichu.com/cwcki/Christopher's_name_change
nationalvanguard.org/2010/10/on-christianity/
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g
gotquestions.org/reincarnation.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You fucked up by not including godbear.

What

Is the Father, Santa Claus, i.e. Father Christmas?

Asking for a friend.

Personally, I am a Christkind fag here, which does not seem to be on your chart.

sonichu.com/cwcki/Christopher's_name_change

This isn't even political you fucks.

Reincarnation is clearly stated in the bible - as Elias coming before the Christ as John the Baptist - "but they knew him not and did unto him whatever they listed". What's your take on transmigration of the soul?

>what are theocracies, such as one promised by Jesus

A false hope promised by a Jew and his whore mother. Anything else you'd like to discuss?

Santa Claus is based on based Saint Nicholas, who was known for doing anonymous good works. Thus the tradition of Santa coming in at night throught the chimney - secretly doing good works and leaving gifts.

what happened to America being a Christian country that celebrates Christmas as birth of Christ, not as something called "Holidays"?

Capitalism. I've got 30 minutes before my shift ends. Keep firing these questions.

What does Sup Forums think of William Pierce's analysis of Christianity?

nationalvanguard.org/2010/10/on-christianity/
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g

If the father is God, and the son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, then the father = the son = the holy spirit, but apparently that is not acceptable according to Christian theology. Therefore we have a contradiction, indicating the very flawed belief that is Christianity

Gift giving was celebrated in ancient Rome with gift-giving during the Saturnalia (Christmas) holiday, which took place that month. Much later they tacked on some random Saint to 'Christianise' it.

Yo can someone explain to me the whole 3 god thing?
it's fucking confusing

A dogma that can't be explained with an ounce of logic should be considered false.

Nah dude. Women just get pregnant sometimes. No male needed. Remember that African woman who claimed the first woman reproduced asexually? Same thing, exceot this time is was Jesus. Such a miracle.

You're confused about it, and rightly so, since it is illogical and confusing

Essence. They share the same divine essence in different "forms".

Reminder that scientific induction can't be explained with an ounce of logic either.

You need dogma to interface with the physical world. You should choose that dogma which makes you healthy (in the Nietzschean sense)

They are all one in the same, user. The Light spreads it's Essence out into many different shapes and forms, each of which manifests and acts in a different manner, but they are all the same force at the end of it all. The same thing can be said for the Adversary as well.

I am unfamiliar with christian theology so this might be a retarded question. in fact any of what I write next might be retarded so please point it out.

I understand catholics and protestants had a falling out over whether or not only faith is sufficient or if works are needed as well. The protestants claimed that faith was enough, and thought the catholics were going overboard with their wealth. The catholics would say that faith should produce works, and so faith without works doesn't make sense and is probably not real faith. That way works should not be demanded directly, but are to be expected when you have proper faith. The holy spirit can also be seen as the part of god that is inside us, presumably to be listened to and be a good person. But how does the holy spirit relate to this faith/works debate? Is it good faith to listen to the holy spirit, but should we expect it to guide is to good works? Or perhaps it's enough to just 'listen' to him? Basically I don't understand protestants.

Saturnalia carries many things to Christmas traditions, like the tree for example - but this does not negate the fact that Santa Claus is inspired by the real life Saint Nichals, who was known for anonymous good works.

Christianity is an amalgam of pagan traditions / the early roman church incorporated all the wisdom of pagans into their tradition before wiping pagans out alltogether. This doesn't take away from the value of christianit, but adds to it - it truly is the synthesis of western thought.

Consider an atom of hydrogen. It is a single thing, but it has a nucleus and a cloud of electrons whizzing about it. A stationary unity, concealed by active enrgies, together forming a whole. The Father, emitting the Holy Spirit, incarnating as Christ.

I believe in the divinity of Jesus but are we really expected to believe in the virgin birth and the entire nativity myth? The Gospel writers made verifiable errors in their accounts, such as claiming the Census of Quirinius (6AD) was during the reign of Herod the Great (died 4BC). See what I’m getting at? In truth nothing is known of Jesus before he was baptized and became a public persona.

I remember being approached by a couple of Koreans on the street a few months ago, they were going around spreading word about some theory that if there is a male god then he must have a bride aswell (or something, not sure, accent was hard to make out.) Anyone heard of that? I'm agnostic myself but might dabble with the bible sometime in the future.

logic breaks down when talking about the transcendent, similarly science breaks down when talking about "what happened" before the big bang or "what happens" inside a black hole.

Christianity is messed up
Jesus is God's son the savior to make it easier for all humans to get into heaven before only the holiest Jews got in

God is God he is everything (controls angels demons and even satan we all together are Echo-Chambers of god) we worship him and he rewards us for not being demonic faggots

Jesus never said to worship him but to worship God

Holy spirit is a good feeling we get when we connect to God

Pagan atheist fucktards keep saying holy spirit/Jesus are god that we worship three things

In the Bhavisya Purana a concise and clear picture is given of Christ, and as the Rosicrucians and Theosophists also teach, there he is referred to as a Solar deity - in fact the incarnation of the Solar Logos, the Christ Consciousness that is the local God of our solar system.
This is also foretold in the Vedas as Prajapati predicting his own incarnation as a sacrificial purusha that would redeem mankind of their sins.
The qualifications for a Vedic sacrifical lamb are interesting also - it must be without blemish, it must be made to bleed from its four legs, it must wear a crown of thorns

Your god is a faggot.

Who's yours some cuck in a lab coat on a television screen .. stop existing if "my God" is a faggot loser.. go get measels and beat your three inch cock Master of the Universe

Can you be your father's son?
Can your father be your son?
Does being a son prevent you from being a father?

It takes a great deal more ill logical faith to maintain that the trinity is a fallacy.

H2o is water, but its also steam and ice, think of god as all the h2o in the world, water, steam and ice all at the same time.

Also if youre having trouble understanding it it’s probably because youre thinking of god as a three-dimensional human, but god ofcourse is not convined to the laws of physics and is not chained to simply having one mind, one brain and two eyes, god is omnipotent and is all that there is, therefore he can be three in one

Sorry for being so rude. I didn`t mean that.

Just wanted to say that your god is homosexual.

someone nutted inside Mary and that cuck Joseph believed her lmao

A man is a trinity in himself.
He has a spirit for self awareness, a mind to think, a soul to sense.
The mind of God is logos, which is the Word.
The soul of God is the Holy Spirit.
The selfof God is the Father, who is hidden.

>similarly science breaks down when talking about "what happened" before the big bang

What are you talking about? Scientists don't claim to actually know what existed before the Big Bang had it even occured, nor do they claim to actually know what happens inside a black hole, it is mere hypotheisizing. But Christian trinitarians on the other hand do in fact claim to know about God's nature, but it just happens that their explanation is illogical and irreconcileable with human reasoning

Christianity is arianism. All modern christians are nicaean heretics.

Like a video game created by humans.. the video game is real but the characters in the game can't conceive reality as we know it.. the guy in the game is jumping around fighting etc.. but isn't a concious being..

Basically like God created heaven/Earth but we can't see him

Humans barely wanna be here why would a omnipotent Creator try to convince demonic ants of his presence..

Also why is Satan worshipping a thing if his adversary God was fake

But pimple faced virgin atheist know everything dude god is fake

I'm the only person in the world who understands the trinity.

I know I'm the only person because I've searched endlessly, especially on the internet, and nobody else knows what I know.

It's actually quite simple. But I'm not going to tell people on Sup Forums, because I actually want credit for it, so maybe I'll make a YouTube video.

Im a good catholic but im having cognitive dissonance about genesis.

I like to believe the earth was created in 6 days but how can you refute all the research that has been done that completly refutes that?

"I can`t see anyone giving me a logical reason of Universe creation, so instead of helping world science I will probably just believe in the fairy tales book, written by jews"

Enjoy the big black screen of death for all eternity then Atheist.. way to have all the answers "when you die nothing happens" WHY THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING EXIST THEN MORON SO NOTHING CAN HAPPEN.. EVERYTHING IS RANDOM CHAOS

It's not illogical at all. If your IQ was higher, you'd be able to figure it out.

>god is java polymorphism

America died a long time ago. We are just a marketplace, where culture is bought and sold, and what was will never be again, as tradition has become the devil, the individual is God.

Jews who lived 2000 years ago who were 5'3 starving but yet had way more intelligence than your entire bloodline..

Jews trying to have answers and create civilizations built on trust fairness hope instead of complete pure satanic chaos

Jews trying to figure out the mysteries of the universe living in a hut writing novels that will love for THOUSANDS OF YEARS

BUT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOUR IQ IS 110 AND HAVE A SMALL TINY COCK

There`s no "big black screen of death'.
As soon as you reach information-theoretic death, your consciousness goes down with it. You just stop existing. All what is left is a slowly rotting corpse.

>Does being a son prevent you from being a father?

No it does not, but being a son does prevent me from being my OWN father. Anyways, you're actually helping me case. I can be a father, a son, and a baseballplayer, therefore the baseballplayer is actually, the father, the father is actually then son, and vice verse, since they're all referring to ME. However, according to Christian theology, the son is God, the holy spirit is God, and the father is God, yet the father is not the son, nor the son is the holy spirit, therefore we have a logical fallacy. The only way for Trinitarians to be able to reconcile this fallacy is by claiming that there are in fact 3 Gods and not 1 God - which will get them into deeper water given the constant emphasis of monotheism in the bible.

Then maybe you can help me out smart guy

Chaos is cool, shut up nerd.

Okay.
Have fun with that then bro.

If that's the case kill yourself coward. Skip everything and kill yourself.

Good bye.

If you read the bible as a comedy, it's much more entertaining.

Didn't Saint Nicholas is great, he slapped the shit out of Arius for his heresy.

See, mate? That`s why it is hard to accept.
"If there is no god, what is the point of our existence then? AM I NOT LIVING FOR THE HIGH CAUSE??!!"
No, you are not. It is solely your job to give your life a meaning.

>I can't see anyone spoonfeeding me on Spirituality, so instead of helping the world overall or growing as a person, I'll just suck on Dawkins big ol' cock and act as a disgusting bloat on the world
There you go, Schlomo.

The biggest comedy is the white race it's a bunch of luciferian goofballs scrambling to justify their need to destroy everything they see like basilisk and trying to piece together why everyone on this planet hates them and their tiny little weiners... These atheist SATANIC weasels will feel the full wrath of God and I will direct it like the ancient roman Emporer Constantine except I will not stop until every last white lab rat is purified and cleansed off the face of the Earth.. the future of Humanity will not be in the hands of these albino animated corpses known as
"The White Race"

im having a massive cognitive dissonance with religion.
On one side, I love the moral values it gives to me, but I want these to be personal, not to force it on others.
But on the other side I love western civilization, which is built upon Christian values

wtf do i do

>christianity claims to be monotheistic
>has three different gods

lol, christians are pretty retarded

i want to become a christian, i was never taught shit anywhere.

Where do i start?

Actually, I am pretty much happy for you because you will not even be able to be disappointed with your afterlife theories after your death

>Reincarnation is clearly stated in the bible
you sure, man? because all I have heard about is the - btw heretical, thanks council of Macon - belief about the preexistence of souls. too many questions were asked re: why don't we remember, so the church scrapped the notion and since then the official belief is that souls are created by god on-demand, when conceiving happens.

Think about it tactically.
Pic related

I'm not special
I might go to hell (which is eternal nothingness)
Maybe we all don't make it to heaven

But if future computing technology can simulate reality

Why can't a ancient God created it?

Also mainstream religion was challenged by Jesus.. You are putting me into a strawman group to win your argument

Not all (religious group) people go to heaven/Nirvana Life is a filtering process for God to only get the BEST souls back into heaven

So even if your atheist and you get nothing it could be God just giving you what you want.

Nobody will ever know the complete truth our IQs/Life spans only go to a certain point

>strawmans a christian principle
lol such retards :DDDDDD

Fuck off memeflag shill

Church

>Even if you are right, that may be just a reality made by g*d to make you happy in the afterlife
I think you are cheating.

The problem with your argument isn't the form, which would be better off using X, Y and Z, but that you don't know anything about the trinity or what it's supposed to be. You are treating it like X, Y, Z = God but it's not like that, and it makes you look silly. It's not like people only developed logic once they abandoned religion you know.

It's all about roles. God uses the Trinity to teach us about the roles we should play. That's why Jesus follows the role of the son to the father.

Punk faggotry intellectual laziness like your head up ass post is why religion is dying.

Real Faith is not about fear. Yours is a cowards argument.

God is ineffable, invisible, inconceivable, and incomprehensive, ever-existing yet ever the same.

Read the Bible and see how Jesus and every prophet disagrees with organized religious authority and how it uses it's power to control

GODS PROPHETS BASICALLY SAID THE CHURCH WILL ALWAYS BE CORRUPT..

GOD DOESN'T WANT EVERY HUMAN TO JUST HAVE IRREFUTABLE PROOF HE EXIST THEN WE WOULD WORSHIP HIM LIKE ROBOTS.. Goes against his Free Will program.. he already had that before Earth was created

My point is you don't have to believe in MY GOD but if you think that we went from stone tablets to smart phones in 2000 years and we are just a random burst of untamed reality with no Creator.. your pretty stupid

200000 years*

Thats just an excuse, Santa is really Satan, and Satans holiday is Christmas. Its one of his biggest deceptions in history I bet.

Actually Satan is the God himself.

>but that you don't know anything about the trinity or what it's supposed to be. You are treating it like X, Y, Z = God but it's not like that, and it makes you look silly

"but that you don't know anything about the trinity or what it's supposed to be. You are treating it like X, Y, Z = God but it's not like that, and it makes you look silly"

I am treating it like X,Y,Z because it is exactly that (admittibely slightly more simplified). What have I misunderstood and misrepresented? Here, you had your chance to correct me, but you were apparently happier to point out I was somehow wrong but not what I was wrong about. So I will give you another chance, what was I wrong about?

I didn't say that scientists claim to know what happened before the big bang or what happens in a black hole. I'm saying that we have no way of "knowing" these things because they are beyond the laws which govern this universe. I don't agree with those who claim to know the full extent of God's nature, I only know myself. I just don't have the arrogance to think that because something is beyond my cognizance that it doesn't exist on any level of reality.

yes I make it a point of habit not to actually engage with people like yourself who present their fedora opinions as objective rationalist logical scientific truth. I'm sure you understand why. It's not like you're actually expecting to have your mind changed by a bunch of religious brainlets who need their sky daddy right? Thanks for the second chance though mr. big heart. You are apparently happier to just smug all over your inferiors.

Start by reading the epistles of Paul, Peter, and James bro. You can read as little or as much as you have time for. Even a few verses can change your day.
These are literally letters to people like you who want to Christian but don't know how.
Just get the New Testament and start reading after Acts.
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is the story of Jesus. Try and read one entire Gospel every weekend. Context is more important than the epistles.
Acts tells about early Christians struggles. Important for learning about the Holy Spirit, so give it a read some time.
The rest is letters to the churches except Revelations, which is a vision of the end of the world granted to James the Apostle.
Go to church once a week.
Just pick whichever one your most recent Christian ancestor belonged to.
All our churches used to be great and it is up to you and your children to redeem them.
Soon you will find lots of Christians who do prayer groups etc, get involved to whatever level you feel comfy.
Pay it forward when you have a family and a great life and good friends.

That "Trinity" look familiar?

It's an atomic structure.

> Mind=Blown right?

t.Physicist

Well, maybe if we actually engage in an exchange of ideas then maybe you could change my mind. Also, I have no specified my relgious affiliation, so you have no reason to assume that I am an atheist. I'm just a person who's skeptical about Trinitariansm

Santa isn't real. He's a blasphemous stumbling block created to steer children away from worship of the One True God and get them to practice idolatry.

It's like the good Doktor said:
>DU solt nicht andere Gotter haben.
>Das ist, du solt mich alleine fur deinen Gott halten. Was ist das gesagt und wie verstehet mans? Was heist ein Gott haben oder was ist Gott? Antwort: Ein Gott heisset das, dazu man sich versehen sol alles guten und zuflucht haben ynn allen noeten. Also das ein Gott haben nichts anders ist denn yhm von hertzen trawen und gleuben, wie ich offt gesagt habe, das alleine das trawen und gleuben des hertzens machet beide Gott und abeGott. Jst der glaube und vertrawen recht, so ist auch dein Gott recht, und wideruemb wo das vertrawen falsch und unrecht ist, da ist auch der rechte Gott nicht. Denn die zwey gehoeren zuhauffe, glaube und Gott. Worauff du nu (sage ich) dein hertz hengest und verlessest, das ist eygentlich dein Gott.

> Templar
> No religion specified

I'm missing something here, huh?

I've read your posts ITT, you don't exchange ideas, you proselytize and mock.
>I have no specified my relgious affiliation, so you have no reason to assume that I am an atheist.
I mean, are you fucking serious with this?

Why do you still believe in this sandy religion?

Why do need an imaginary friend as an adult?
When something makes you feel good, does that mean it's true?

>I'm just a person who's skeptical about Trinitariansm
Ohh, a thrall of Satan.

OPs picture is wrong

Jesus specifically said that if you've seen him, you've seen the Father.

They are the same person and there is absolutely nothing anywhere in the Bible specifying that they are not the same person

>God is a fidget spinner.
Gotcha.

The bible is very clear that everyone has one life on earth and an eternal soul. Reincarnation is not real, nor biblical. Your example with Elijiah/Elias doesn't hold up. Those are three different people with unique souls not the same soul being reincarnated.

gotquestions.org/reincarnation.html

But the holy trinity is Catholic...

I'm Lucifer, you speak nice about my mom or I'll curse you with jew spells.

Neitehr did I say that you said that, I was just pointing out that your analogies were not very fitting equivalents of the subject in hand.

>I just don't have the arrogance to think that because something is beyond my cognizance that it doesn't exist on any level of reality."

Being beyond one's ability to reason, and literally CONTRADICTING one's reasoning, are very two different things.

>I mean, are you fucking serious with this?
I could either be a Unitarian, Muslim, or Jew as far as you're concerned. You really have no reason to assume that I am necessarily an atheist.

I realize you consider yourself an independent thinker with independent logic and arguments, but such is not the case. You have the unfortunate disadvantage that your style and message is blasted at us from everywhere these days. I have no reason to assume it except that I'm right. Fancy that huh?

Read, Little One. Most of the verses are free to read online if you can't get a physical Bible, for whatever reason.

Convince me to become a fascist, I dare you.

Pic kinda related since national-socialism is one of subtypes.

As a protestant, I'll do my best to answer your question. What's happening is catholics are misinterpreting James 2:21-26.

21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22. Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23. And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Specifically verse 26 is poignant and the main reason catholics believe works is necessary. The main verse protestants use is Ephesians 2:8-9.

8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Often, catholics read the first passage and assume since works "justify" or prove your faith that they are required. It is true that if you are a follower of Christ you will genuinely want to do good works as mentioned in John 14:12:
12. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

However, works are not how you obtain salvation. Works are something you enjoy doing to glorify God. Salvation comes through Christ alone. If works were necessary for salvation, the thief who was crucified next to Christ would not have gone to heaven.

I hope that explains things from a protestant perspective.