Why is Ranma so popular in Mexico?

Why is Ranma so popular in Mexico?

Also Ranma thread

desu i have no idea
i didnt know this was a thing even though I saw ranma everyday when i was living in mexico as a kid

It is? I know barely anything about anime in Mexico but that isn't what I expected.

Pretty much

It was the most popular anime after Dragon Ball and Pokemon

I looked it up and apparently you're correct. That's pretty funny.

Everytime I see this gif I always stare at Ranma's tummy

you have the answer in your gif, retard

You forgot Saint Seiya.

tfw you will never _be_ ranma

Because spics secretly wish they were hot teenage girls. Kinda like us, but older.

Because Ranma is hot.

>tumblr

It aired on CN where i lived, and spics love every anime that airs on big broadcasters

I feel like a lot of old school stuff was really popular in South America. I'm from Argentina and my dad watched Urusei Yatsura when he was growing up.

When I was kid, You're Under Arrest was my favorite.

Bebe's first fap because they also aired the uncensored version. And it was fun.

You mean Ranchan.

Wait.. forgot where I was.

You're Under Arrest is good shit

>Not liking both male and female Ranma
What are you, a faggot?

Spics out this is a white man's board

>Sup Forums
>white
The only white boards are /lgbt/, /fit/ and other gay boards.

No idea about Mexico but it was really popular here

People really overblown anime popularity in spic countries. I'd say even the Simpsons overshadowed Dragon Ball z.

No

It was on one of the biggest free channels in the country when tv was at it´s peak (pre-internet).

Same with Dragon Ball Z and Digimon.

>even the Simpsons overshadowed Dragon Ball z

Maybe pre-voice recasting, nobody gives a shit about the simpsons after the recasting, while DBZ is still strong even after Kai.

My older cousins watched that shit as kids, they loved it because it was ecchi and there was no way of seeing hentai or anything like that at the time

Mexico at the time had 2 big TV broadcasters that had national reach, both started an Anime bar in the early 90's for cartoons. Televisa (biggest one) had Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Ranma 1/2, Ghost Catcher Mikami, Sakura Card Captor, Pokemon and some other random stuff.

TV Azteca had Samurai Warriors, Patlabor, Mazinger Z, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Digimon and Magic Knights Rayearth off the top of my head. So the current generation who grew up watching anime in the 90s remember those animes fondly because it was all they had access to, all of this was pre internet and pre big cable companies securing wide appeal.

In mexico you can fuck a friend in the ass and it's not gay.

when we are little we like to play Manitas Calientes, where you grope your friend's private parts for shit and giggles.

>not watching foxkids and cartoon network

haha poor fags BTFO

>Spanish voice recasting
Why? Did someone die?

Saint Seiya was huge there

It also helps that some latin american TV stations were like the wild west and showed the nudity like it was nothing

The studio wanted to pay the voice actors less and they refused to keep working like that, I think only Bart´s voice actress remained.

Because it was one of very few series that was available to them on TV. Same with DBZ.

Look at the US and how popular the series that aired in CN/AS are.

ranma turned me into a raging homo and is the source of almost all my fetishes
and i love it

So they actually wanted to lower their wages?

What anime is she from again?

Yep, while mexican voice actors are very respected and loved by the consumers, they get treated like shit by the companies, that´s way they always try to get as many jobs as posible and go to shitty cons.

Originally aired at prime time in the 90s. It had comedy, action and some silly romance shit so it had a broad appeal. The entire show aired and it was re run for a few years in various slots.