Is Kumiko the pinnacle of KyoAni?

Is Kumiko the pinnacle of KyoAni?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cWj4pag0X3g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the actual fuck does that even mean?

The pinnacle of beauty and character development.

Her feet are.

>Kumiko

Why are you asking this while posting an image that includes superior perfection?

shut da fuck up

*teleports in front of you*

Forgetting someone?

Absolutely.

what character development though? outside of a little bit of "i wanna improve" which was S1 theme and not just her

She's the pinnacle of anime period

You should probably go back to your shonen anime. Hibike is still too subtle for you.

I like subtle stuff but Kumiko isn't a great example of charadev in Hibike. She develops a bit but less than Ribbon or even Reina.
Oh I forgot, there's also that stuff with her sister, that counts too. She's okay in that regards I guess.

Kumiko is the most developed character in the show. Ribbons doesn't even come close.

Kumiko is my mom

I want to fuck your mom.

She has the pinnacle of anime feet.

Her getting so much love makes me really happy. She was such a joy to watch.

Kumiko is my favorite KyoAni character. I enjoy listening to her character songs from time to time. youtube.com/watch?v=cWj4pag0X3g

Why don't you prove him wrong with an actual argument then? Saying no u she is the most the developed isn't very convincing.

Kumiko is a genuinely great character who happens to have some of the best feet in anime but my wife Kagami is still my favourite KyoAni.

Mai will always be the best.

do people unironically like phantom world? There are like 5-10 Kyoani anime it's okay to like so why fucking Phantom World

Literal garbage.

The show might be bad but Mai is actually a genuinely good girl.

>hardworking
>chill
>passionnate
>motherly
>sillly
>fun
>nice
>doesn't bore you with shitty dramas
>still one of the best players in the band

Midori is the best Hibike!

>it's okay to like

I liked Kumiko because she was much more down-to-earth and sardonic than the typical KyoAni girl. Gave her a grounded feeling that really made me engage with her perspective.

Not him, but Kumiko develops quite a lot during the anime and it's not even subtle. Others like Midori even mention how she has changed.

One example would be how Kumiko struggles in the beginning to speak her mind because she is cynical as fuck and fears that her comments might be too mean. The reason she doesn't cover her mouth anymore later on is because she just flat out says how it is since she overcomes her fear as the story progresses.

Another one is how she becomes much more dominant when it comes to her relationship with Reina (but also others). At first she's really awkward around Reina, who takes the lead in the beginning, but this turns around pretty quickly. An example would be when she got her phone back after forgetting it in school and called Reina to meet her in the middle of the night and she immediately came. This also demonstrates just how casual her relationship with Reina became after being so awkward in the beginning.

There is also the obvious one about her wanting to become better and actually beginning to like her euphonium and finding purpose in playing it, but I don't think I need to get into detail regarding that one. Nevertheless it's still great.

There are many many more things.
While most of her development has to do with her coming out of her shell, I always felt like it was really well done. It happens gradually, yet is still very noticeable. She always stays Kumiko, but becomes much more straightforward and honest with others and herself, which is great since Kumiko has always been kind of cool.

>One example would be how Kumiko struggles in the beginning to speak her mind because she is cynical as fuck and fears that her comments might be too mean. The reason she doesn't cover her mouth anymore later on is because she just flat out says how it is since she overcomes her fear as the story progresses.
She still does this in S2 though.

Very valid point for her relationship with Reina but a big part of it can be attributed to Reina herself.

Good post. Character development is still only one part of characterization though. A character can have traits that get shown over time while not visibly changing and still be great.

Ribbon and Midori are still the two best things to happen to Hibike2

>She still does this in S2 though.
I wasn't entirely sure, but I couldn't recall a particular scene of her covering her mouth in S2. Do you have an example?

>A character can have traits that get shown over time while not visibly changing and still be great.
Also this. I get that for most shows it's true that there should be character development for the protagonist in order to have him be a well written character, but depending on the show itself it's not a must. It worked very well for Hibike because of its themes, making Kumiko a great character with great character development, but it's also possible to have good characters even though they don't get any actual development.

Right after this

>forgot the picture

Hang me from a tree

Dammit, but understandable since that was harsh as fuck. Though I guess it's okay to say that she does so less and less.