What happened to Goku at the end of DBGT? Did he simply just die...

What happened to Goku at the end of DBGT? Did he simply just die? Did he merge with Shenron and live eternally through the Dragon Balls? Or was it some shitty attempt at a 2deep4u Buddhism metaphor for achieving enlightenment?

Other urls found in this thread:

desirecampbell.com/projects
dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont know but super saiyan 4 > any of the DB:S transformations

They were all bad. Every single one.

I imagined it this way. He became one with the Dragon Balls to be Earth guardian forever. Specially so he can show up to save the day before people get killed so no one can mis-use the Dragon Balls ever again.

This goes back to Kami's original intention for the Dragon Balls. To right injustices. Goku becoming one with the Dragon balls makes him the physical embodiment of that intention.

This. Dbgt is really misunderstood one of the best endings out there.

checked. Also, I never thought of it that way and do not know if that was their intention but that was a good theory. I still wish the series ended after cell saga but I still enjoy it.

GT>Super

Should have ended on Namek.

That or they should have bypassed Cell entirely and skipped straight to Boo. The whole Cell thing was a bizarre diversion in the progression of the series.

It gave us Trunks (aka best db character) so shut your face

Big fat meh.

I like what Toyble did for his DBAF fan manga. Son Goku was sent to live in some forgotten world in the Afterlife.

You can find translations here:

desirecampbell.com/projects

As I recall, no one like Princess Trunks.

the dragonballs absorbed him to take his good energy and now he is a ghost be

That ending was dumb solely because Bulma's great great grandaughter didn't recognize Pan, give me a break. No way the families would ever get that distant. The end of Z implied that everyone stayed in touch except for Goku, who always blew people off to train

The Saiyan/Oozaru hybrid idea is neat, but the hair of the SSJ4 being black while the body is red/pink was weird. Especially since the Oozaru isn't pink/red, but gold.

Still, I suppose it's more creative than a Kaioken recolor or "Super Saiyan with blue hair dye".

I'm pretty meh on both at present. The Zamasu Arc and Hit fights were more fun than anything in GT, though. I just want to see non-Saiyans do stuff again, though.

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gi

So which Goku is more powerful, Goku at the end of DBGT or current SSB Goku?

SSB Goku seems stronger. It's the second form upgrade he's gotten since SS3, and every form of Super Saiyan always gives increasing multipliers.

Not sure how SSG would compared to SS4, though. I imagine the former would be stronger, but eh.

Plus he can use kaioken, which made a Destroyer shit his pants. SSJ4 using kaioken would probably kill Goku.

Fuck that, Cell saga was great, it's just Toriyama and his editors didn't stick to Gohan inheriting Goku's will to protect the Earth. So now no one can be more important than Goku.

I wonder with Goku literally himself becoming the villain is Toriyama's way of saying fuck you to Japanese Goku fans.

this post meant for

this user gets it. Goku realized he is more or les the reason why there are bad things happening on earth - there's always some bad guy to fight as long as he was around. Another reason more to merge with shenron.

>implying the GT ending didnt make you cry

yes

>implying I don't cry with most endings I see

I honestly want the Shadow Dragons to become canon but based on the Super Dragon Balls

blue/green/gold SSJ4 dragon goku

Just pretend gt never happened.

It's basically the realm where only Shenlong and Porunga live in

Super fusions > GT fusions

gogeta is cool as fuck

buuuut the last arc is entertaining

It was some shitty attempt at a 2deep4u Buddhism metaphor for achieving enlightenment.

But Zamasu is superior

What the fuck, stop being so damn wrong user. The Cell/Android saga was easily the peak of DBZ, they should have ended the show right after that.

He would be, if he didn't take us our boy.

They are one and the same.

It was weird

Why did he get new clothes all of sudden?
Why was his hair black and his fur red?
WHY was his fucking fur red anyways?
Also his golden ki aura doesn't fit, they should've given him a different aura, like they did with SSG and SSB

yes, dbs is about dyed hair

It's non-canon

Irrelevant since GT isn't canon and is also bad