>I fell for the buying manga meme

Other urls found in this thread:

thejadednetwork.com/sfx/
youtube.com/watch?v=M2WJ41m1_tE&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=a-BgREkkjcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its retarded that thats the page you get mad at. I dare you go to OPM thread and ask for thier version.its much worse

>Professionals

It probably should be a lot of work with redrawing these sounds.

>spending money on any media
You got what you deserved tbqh

>erasing original sounds and destroying original artwork
What a cancer typesetting.
Which publisher released this shit?

DSSHHHHH

Kodansha.

Imagine that all manga released in Poland has cancerish sounds like this. The translations are shitty tho, so I don't even bother buying anything released in my country.

Forgot the pics

>reading translated manga

This is why you should only buy it in original form, screw localizations. They're not superior in any way.
DSSSHHHHHHHH

Seven Seas and YenPress are trying to make it good and they are not erasing sounds at least.

Import you fool.

Nice paperweight

I almost bought the BLAME! volumes these days but didn't due the prospect of this shit happening

German version of Minamoto-kun Monogatari degraded the Aunt to family friend and the cousin to someone unrelated.

What the fuck. Where I live they mostly keep the original sfx, they just put a tiny subtitle under them.
The only stance I've seen they change the sfx was with Naruto, because the japanese licenser explicitly demanded it.

Holy shit this can't be real

Why would you buy translated manga? You should already have read it online if you're going to spend money on a physical copy, so you shouldn't need it translated.

Also older manga too, when "otaku" wasn't a thing.
I'm talking about Brazil if anyone's wondering

>being a parasite

>Reading translated manga

Those are published by Vertical, so I don't think they do shit like this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I remember one volume of madoka where several pages were completely replaced with onomatopeias effectively covering all the art under japanese symbols. What a loat of horseshit.

And they stopped releasing good manga long ago, nowadays it's either shoujo tier shit or le zombies xDDDD and other memes like Junji Ito

Those a clearly four separate versions of that onomatopoeia.

But they just had to replace it with one big one.

Is there a Japanese dictionary for onomatopeia?

>read it online

There's that thing about print on paper vs reading on a lcd screen... but I guess the millenials who grew up with iphönes and surfboads or whatever don't understand this part.

Printed pages have a higher dpi and better reflectiveness. This aids reading.

If you buy Japanese manga (volumes) the furigana would probably be easier to decipher.

Buying stuff has also the nice side-effect of supporting that mangaka indirectly. (If the English publisher did not buy the whole license at a flat fee. On that note: How much cash does flow back from buying licensed manga?)

That's why I started learning moonrunes. The first thing which you need to do is kana and grammar. Beginning was hard, I needed to use a dictionary for almost all sentences. But with every next volume which I read, I remembered more and more kanji and whole words.
Btw reading original manga is a whole new experience. You don't have any localization, you have all honorifics, original puns, humour, sounds etc. Yeah it's obvious, but hey, people don't even know how many things are changed and lost in translation.
The best publisher is obviously Seven Seas. Their translations are the most faithful. Still not that good like Red Hawk Scanlation, but for official publisher they are really the best.

Even if the publisher did straight up buy the license you are still indirectly supporting the author by making the licensing profitable for the publisher thus increasing the chances they would pay (more) for additional titles.

I'd complain to this company autistically for weeks until they stop.

Damn that sad OP, the french version got some translation error here and there but that due to Jap>French but at least it's not butchered like that.

What country is this monstruosity published ?

Murica

Nice. I have a few volumes of Zero no Tsukaima in Czech.

Is there anything worthwhile that's translated in German but not English? I've been exclusively buying English releases so far because the few German translations I've seen were kinda strange. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the way German subs and manga translations are written annoys me greatly.

Nice nitpick

What's wrong here?

>Is there anything worthwhile that's translated in German but not English?
Yes. But a big plus-point is the price difference.

so I'm supposed to read the sound effects?

Why would you buy translated manga? If you're willing to put money into the hobby, you should be looking to get the best version available. My autism would fucking overload if I started buying manga in English only to transfer to nip later on.

nothing, and that's the point, dumbo

Iv'e recently realized i like reading manga digital anyway. I haven't even read most of the fysical volumes i've bought,even though i know they're really good. (Tonari no seki kun,Emma)

Theres no point comparing french or italian printed releases to american ones.
You yuroweebs know your shit, americans eats whatever is thrown at them.

Because learning moon is hard.

I hope Vinland saga gets epic again like it was before farmland chronicles.

What the fuck ? Didn't they do Blame! Master Edition too ? I thought they were pretty decent.

It still looks bad as fuck.

Vertical is doing those. They are owned by Kodansha, but they do a much better job.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification. Will check what I buy way better from now on.

*farts*

The only right thing to do with sounds

Another example

And one more
I don't know if all YenPress translations and general work with manga has high quality like Haruhi and Prison School. But in this cases they released really high quality piece of work. I can't complain even if I'm mostly reading raws nowadays.

Someone mentioned about European and Polish manga xD
Yeah, Polish manga 'industry' is a pure cancer.
All onomatopeias are rewritten with MS Paint fonts, no honorifics, tons of shitty memes and general script writing. Atrocity.
PS. Look closer at this image.

>reading original jap raws
I want to be like you, senpai~!

At least it's hard covers. Japanese paperback is awful

Fucking this. What a loser.

Depends on the number of pages.
Have fun with a +500 pages hardcover
>mfw complete hardcover edition of Planets with stretched coloured pages and a total of 1000 pages

Because I like collecting manga.
>but localized version are worthless
For you.

>Yes
Like what?

is tokyo ghoul good?
a good amount (

>tfw I bought all the Tokyo ghoul + Tokyo ghoul RE tomes

Dumb frogposter.

>PING! PONG!
>anti lewd christian KYAAA! all over the crotch

this
>a big plus-point is the price difference.
and also the german Tokypop releases are better than most counterparts of the english releases.
Carlsen ist cheap as fug and the manga made by carlsen have somewhat the same quality as the english releases.

wziuum

>wyciąąąąąg
fucking poland

thejadednetwork.com/sfx/

Russian manga publishers are the worst.
Roscomnadzor was a mistake.

Don't make me sad Polanons, I actually bought some manga recently and few of the releases can get pretty bad, fortunately the worst ones were some one-shots. Any info on how the new Blame releases are?

Those guys need to go bankrupt.

Damn I feel bad for you polanons.

All Polish releases are bad. It's just a matter of how bad they are. The worst thing is the fact that many of people are liking it actually. Generally the worst translations has Studio Jg, they are even changing the names of characters. JPF is awful (especially) if it comes to comedy, basically all jokes are rewritten, they are inserting references to Polish popculture. More serious titles are just bad. Waneko is translating from English in many cases, and they are inserting a lot of memes too.
All Polish publishers are cutting off honorifics, all of them are erasing original onomatopeias.
Basically there is no reason to even consider buying Polish releases. Of course it's not only my opinion. I know tons of people who are buying English releases, or original Japanese.
Of course if you like butchered translations like this, then well, just buy it.

It should be illegal. Seriously.

This is how they handle sounds in swedish translations. I also like how they kept the original reading order and didn't mirror everything like americans do.

Or maybe I should have said "handled", we had one good translator who did dragonball and some other mainstream manga, he also published some 90s anime with subs. But then someone found loli on his website and reported him. It was all over the news for months, feminists going on about pedos and completely misunderstanding the context of everything. In the end it was considered legal but his reputation was ruined and it basically made everyone stop translating and publishing anime and manga in sweden.

>made everyone stop translating and publishing anime and manga in sweden
Shit I'm sorry. When did this happen?

Yeah, I bought a few books and I think I'm gonna stop now. Kind of sad tho, since there are a few series I'd like to have in physical format. On the bright side I got the hardcover Nausicaa english release recently and apart from few editing errors (and missing honorifics, but I can let it pass) it looks pretty great.

>Vita
jesus fuck, user

Hahaha. In Poland we had a problem with shitty leftist (! yeah, leftist) media (TV TVN). They made a documentary program about manga and anime, and they stated that Dragon Ball and Chobits = pedo stuff xD

A TV channel did something similar in Italy, but the program was mostly about underage prostitution in Japan and it didn't focus on manga and anime very much.
Also in the early 00's one publisher was forced to cover Bulma's ass in one of our many Dragon Ball editions, but they removed the censorship in the next ones. It was pretty based on their part.

>wyciąąąąąg
Seriously though, you should have knew better before buying this garbage. The only thing that I bought recently is Planetes (which is mostly fine), buying any shounen is a massive mistake.

In my country, they mostly translate manga from English and not from Japanese. Lately, it looks like they have pulled their shit together and got actual translators who do speak Japanese, and adapted the right-to-left Japanese format for the releases, but the damage is done.

The Vita is a god tier console if you like weeb games.

All thing considered the manga industry is pretty based in Italy.

It probably has something to do with the font but holy shit does Polish look retarded. Seems like someone shat a bowl of alphabet soup on a blank page and that was the result.

Italian here, things aren't that great. I just read the 9th volume of Amanchu, it had at least 3 typos and I think they fucked up the order of the conversation in a panel.

Typos are the smallest issue. When translation is good and faithful, then I don't really care about few typos...

>HUEHUEHUE

And here's the kicker: son of woman who made the program was jailed for underage rape

Polish anime and manga industry is a cancer all the way. Fansubs and scanlations are even worse. Imagine the fact that all the subs and scans are commie/coalguys tier.
Then imagine the fact that 80% of anime fans are watching their cartoons with subs which has NOTHING to do with original dialogues (usually 'translated' from the worst English options, like mentioned earlier commie). Then imagine talking with these people about anime. Fuckin hell.

He must have watched too much anime.

Obviously, especially Dragon Ball.

However there is now a new cable channel that airs anime and it's already an catastrophe. They air such amazing classics like Chuu2, Amagi Park and Flip Floppers. And they're still "making" their home page since they started airing and it's still a blank page.

Biggest issue with Italian releases is lots of delays (fucking Panini) and series getting canned without prior notice because nosales (fucking GP), the quality varies but it could be worse.

Hahaha, I wanted to mention about that xD
youtube.com/watch?v=M2WJ41m1_tE&app=desktop
D I S A S T E R

For non Poles, they 'translated' the title (literally) to:
Love, Middle School (actually the Polish meme word for middle school), and Space Phase (which is a slang phrase too).

>xD
You seriously need to stop doing that

youtube.com/watch?v=a-BgREkkjcg