Why can't I just take the money I am paying into Social Security and give it directly to my grandfather?

Why can't I just take the money I am paying into Social Security and give it directly to my grandfather?

>officer why can't I just take the money you want for this ticket to the capital and give it straight to the governor?

How do you expect politicians to pay for their hookers, booze and blow? Now tithe to your religion....

because that is racist to niggers who usually don't have a father let alone grandfathers

Because its a fine

because the state knows your and your grandfather's needs better than you do

t. the state

Social Security is Wealth Redistribution in order to control voting.

The government would rather you be dependent on them than your children.

Social Security is and unsustainable ponzi scheme with shrinking populations.

because thats not how social security works retard.

You should really be asking, why do the rich not have to pay social security if they make above a certain amount?

Because the government knows if you could, most people would let grandpa starve.

because you don't make the rules.

>why do the rich not have to pay social security if they make above a certain amount?
because benefits are also capped

>most people would let grandpa starve.

>liberals protecting their crass consumerism and lack of family structure on everyone else

so what?

>literally a state sanctioned scam

If you are not getting benefits on income above the cap why should you have to pay it?

WTF? No.

if its a scam then why has it saved my grandmother from dying a horrible death?

because you didnt build that.

Why cant you take care of your own family?

build what?
a ponzi scheme?

because she chose to serve god her whole life and worked at a church.

Ok and?
Why does that mean you cant take care of her?

Because there is money to be made in (((managing))) funds. Same story with child support.

I charge you one price and I pay out less than I charged you. I just made money doing absolutely fucking nothing.

because I am a millennial and the bilderberg group decided to lower my generations net worth

You can if you have strong religious beliefs and your family has a long history of taking care of itself.

The amish and several other religious organizations are exempt from paying social security and welfare. All you need to do is fill out a form and state that you are part of a religious organization that takes care of its own like the Amish

Nothing is worse than somebody who knows nothing, yet acts like they know everything.

but you are paying into SS now
Why not just directly send that money to your grandmother?

Get out bern victim.

For the 100th fucking time
ministers can opt out of Social Security by meeting the strict IRS guidelines required for filing IRS Form 4361, Application for Exemption from Self-Employment Tax for Use by Ministers, Members of Religious Orders and Christian Science Practitioners.

It's a scam because if you die before the retirement cut-off the government keeps all the money you paid in.

Guess who lives the longest? White women.
Guess who lives the shortest? Black men.

>IMPLYING YOU WOULD GIVE IT TO YOUR GRANDFATHER

goes up 600%... u wot?

sounds like we should get social security sooner in life. Do you think Trump will do obvious things like this to help ordinary people like he promised?

Because then it wouldn’t be communism anymore

Why wouldn't I?
Where is the money going to come from?

the rich

Why is it their job to take care of your family?
Dont you have any dignity?

social security is a fine for allowing our elders to become too old

because if they dont then eventually we will drag them into the streets and brutally murder them. Its called living in a society. They cant just benefit from it and not contribute.

>because if they dont then eventually we will drag them into the streets and brutally murder them
Sure you will soy boy

Basically, you're a retarded millennial who wants to give the government a big chunk of your income on the condition that it steals a big chunk of generation Z's income to pay for your retirement?

It's kinda funny, millennials are probably the dumbest generation in American history. They bitch and moan about boomers yet have no qualms perpetuating a system that benefits those that live the longest the most. They rather keep the ponzi going hoping the next generation of suckers can pay for it all.

>inb4 im called a boomer
I'm 26

This is how functioning societies work. The young pay for the old, the rich pay for the unfortunate while still being unbelievably rich. If you want to live on your own then take your family and fuck off to the woods and sustain yourself. Get off the internet if you really believe the things you say.

Go make your own internet out of twigs and stop leeching.

>The young pay for the old, the rich pay for the unfortunate while still being unbelievably rich
Why do they need the government to do this?

So that it happens. Society needs organisers to be society.

Yes please pay for your own police and roads as well, stop using ours.

people were able to take care of their family for 1000s of years without the government
You pay for roads when you pay gas taxes

>people were able to take care of their family for 1000s of years without the government
Yup. But then they joined as a society and were able to do so better. And so society grew and evolved.

>were able to do so better.
How has the government made it better?
Government welfare has almost no accountability

Why is it that liberals fundamentally lack any capability for nuance when discussing taxation? Seriously, they think every single tax is inherently good or effective.

When you call one tax inefficient and ineffective liberals immediately accuse you of wanting to abolish all taxes.
>muh roads
>muh police
>muh technological research
Social security taxes pay for none of that.

It's just tax with a fancy name so people don't complain. The money isn't really for your grandfather.

Omg kid, your not.
Look up headge fund.

wat

I am going to agree with batman on this one.

>How has the government made it better?
Large scale distribution and organisation.
>Government welfare has almost no accountability
True, but shop with your wallet. Shame (((voting))) doesn't actually do anything. An ideal tax system would let you allocate to various areas.

>Seriously, they think every single tax is inherently good or effective.
Because they usually don't contribute, or are on the receiving end of it.
>Social security taxes pay for none of that.
No, but it's the "it takes a village" thing. You help everyone.

>Large scale distribution and organisation.
Why is that necessary?
>An ideal tax system would let you allocate to various areas.
Why not just let people give money to things they like?
>You help everyone.
I dont care about everyone

>Why is that necessary?
To have large scale society. Otherwise someone else will do it to you.
>Why not just let people give money to things they like?
Basically what i said, bro.
>I dont care about everyone
Then you should leave a place where you're expected to help everyone, and they're expected to help you (indirectly).

>To have large scale society.
why does a society need a massive welfare state
>Basically what i said, bro.
No you said you taxes should go to what you want them to
>Then you should leave a place where you're expected to help everyone,
No

>why does a society need a massive welfare state
Generally it's a reward for having paid taxes all ones life. Takes the strain off families, meaning they have greater spending power and can bolster the economy in other ways.
>No you said you taxes should go to what you want them to
Are we having a translation error or something?
>No
Then don't bitch about the facets of community/society you don't like if you're not willing to change.

>meaning they have greater spending power
No thye dont
They have more taxes
>Are we having a translation error or something?
You think people should give money to the government and tell them were to spend it
I think they shoudl just spend it where they want without the government
>Then don't bitch about the facets of community/society you don't like if you're not willing to change.
No

>No thye dont
Tiny amount in taxes vs having to personally support 2-4 people who might require advanced care.
>You think people should give money to the government and tell them were to spend it
>I think they shoudl just spend it where they want without the government
Gotcha. And your method is far more impractical. But you're welcome to go somewhere and try it.
>No
Yea, guess you're one of those liberals who likes to bitch whilst still receiving the gibs.

>greater spending power
>get back less than what you put in

Thanks, government-san

Usually works the same way with private insurance systems.

Yeah. Which are optional. And a bad investment if you diligently cover your risks

>Yeah. Which are optional.
As are taxes. As long as you're not lazy.
>And a bad investment
Depends on how it's used.

I wouldn't collect interest this way GOY!

>taxes are optional

Oh good, I'll just stop paying them then, thanks

Because SS is a grift and anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows it.

Because spinsters, hobos, and niggers

Yup. Easy. Just have to leave the place where they're levied.

It wouldn't matter either way, at least he would be deciding what to do with his own money. I can invest my own money better than FDR.

>taxes are optional
This is actually true, just stop having income or having any property.

Oh, they're optional in that I only have to pay them in taxed areas.

Well, then I'll retain that option and work to make my area less taxed

I just want all of what I've paid into Social Security back. They don't even have to pay me interest. Nevermind they wouldn't extend me the same courtesy were I to be late. Just give me all of it in a lump sum. Just write me a check and we'll call it quits. I'll keep paying regular fed,state and local taxes. I just want my SS money back. How about that?

>government takes X amount of money out of your salary every week for 50 years
>starts giving it back to you in small payments for the last 15 or so years of your life
>keeps the remainder when you die
It's an obvious scam and you shoukd be able to opt out of it. I'm certain I could do a better job of saving for my retirement than the government.

>You guys got off topic.
Why do we need social security? It's fine to offer SS but why is it forced out of your paycheck?

Sorry, you can't have it back. They already spent it. Because it's not an investment, it's a ponzi scheme. You'll just have to wait till they steal it from the latest generation

This. If you wanna opt in to a govt retirement scam, by all means, go ahead. Forcing everyone into it is the problem, much like the individual healthcare mandate that was JUST repealed. Let people choose for themselves.

Because the feds need more money right NOW. Fuck whatever happens a year from now, that's their problem. SS is not a "pot" of money protected & doled out. No such thing exists, it's just the budget.

That is the next best option. At least it's proactive. God speed, bro.

>Why do we need social security?
Already been said. It's a reward for working hard in a country. Or a safety net if you hit a rough patch. Yes, it gets abused by sponges and mismanagers, but in the correct form, it's more beneficial to have it than not.
Otherwise shit like the Great Depression could be more common.
> It's fine to offer SS but why is it forced out of your paycheck?
Because you're benefiting from it too.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and use the same argument for this that I use against marxism. The problem is reality. Reality that some lazy fucking nogs will opt out, spend their money on financing a fucking car, and some shitfuck lib will vote to hand them gibs when they turn 65.

I'm well aware. I was speaking rhetorically like everybody else in here. LBJ gave it to the lazy. Fuck all Democrat party pols always.

But if I choose to invest my money in a low risk growth-stock mutual fund it will not crash, not run out early, and have a higher yield. If you feel more comfortable letting the government handle this, then fine.

It was designed to be exactly that, but the fucking good for nothing hippies fucking robbed it to pay for a bunch of retarded shit like spotted owls and gender reassignment surgery. All boomer hippy faggots should be flayed.

>Why do we need social security?
>You just admitted it was optional; therefore, we don't need it

>But if I choose to invest my money in a low risk growth-stock mutual fund it will not crash, not run out early, and have a higher yield.
And you should do that if you can. But not everyone will.
Out of interest, what % of your paycheck goes to SS?

Missing the point.

Why do I have to contribute to my retirement when I'm planning on balling out with my income and retiring way before my pension will ever come into effect? Fuck off statist pigs.

So should you have to pay for social security if you don't want? You're being inconsistent here

>what % goes to SS
Honestly, I don't know. I'm 37 and I've been told my entire adult life to not count SS as part of my retirement because it probably won't be there when I retire. So, I haven't paid much attention to it. It could be 0.01% or 10%, doesn't matter because I still would rather handle my future myself.

Only if you live in a society with it.

>It could be 0.01% or 10%, doesn't matter because I still would rather handle my future myself.
But it's not just your future. Many hands and whatnot. You can still handle plenty yourself.

>you paid into SS your entire life and you dont care if you get SS

>the absolute state of republican brainwashing

>many people's futures
If you eliminated the retirement portion alone you could significantly cut SS taxes. Leave the disability portion for now. I'm against welfare simply because it's abused but, yes, a legitimate function of government would be to help someone that becomes severely disabled or TEMPORARY unemployment.

You just argued that taxes are optional. Just as optional as paying for private insurance.

Then you said taxes are required if you live in a society with taxation.

Last time I checked, I didn't have to leave a country to get out of paying for private insurance, like you are suggesting I do for taxes. You're being awfully disingenuous here

No douche. It's constantly going broke because your side of the fucking aisle keeps stealing from it.

Because GIBS

>If you eliminated the retirement portion alone you could significantly cut SS taxes. Leave the disability portion for now.
Funny, i would go the other way around. Just because neetbux are such a waste.
>I'm against welfare simply because it's abused
And i agree with you there. Especially with how badly it's abused here. I think you chaps have it bad because of the stupid rule of paying it back, meaning it's less incentive to get off it.

>You just argued that taxes are optional.
By leaving the country, my illiterate friend.
>Then you said taxes are required if you live in a society with taxation.
Which is all of them. The right to levy tax has always been a mark of society.

If you don't know how to explain how taxes are as justified as private insurance, that's fine, it's you're argument. Don't get triggered now

because you work all your life, pay it toward an investment and get a shit load back. Literally a good thing if your not a complete fool and think ss is a meme.

Because it's gone.

It was supposed to be for you when your retire, or your kids if you die at work.

But it got raided, fucked and you'll never get your money back. Fuck it, start working under the table, invest that money in yourself and a close group of friends and become sovereign citizens.

It's going to suck when we default, but we can look at it as every other country paying us tribute over the last 85 years. Call it the mutt tribute.