Turning 21

Is getting plastered on your 21st degenerate or is it a right of passage into being an adult?

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3479587/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alcohol is a drug and drug use is degenerate, plastered or buzzed

Alcohol is in no way degenerate, bottoms up user, have a good time.

dEGeNEraTe aN0n

Christians have used wine for ceremonies for the longest time, a local region's beer is a source of pride and our ancestors have made a tradition of the brewing of it.

>rite
It doesn't matter. Do it if you want. You certainly wouldn't be missing out on anything if you didn't.
Getting plastered on weeknights alone because you want to kill brain cells is adulthood.

Are you a man now or not? If yes, then it's your call. A 21 y/o man would not ask Sup Forums's permission to get drunk. A 21 y/o soyboy would.

You mean Catholics
Wine in the Bible does not always mean fermented

kek yeah I made a stupid mistake there.

Alcohol is okay in moderation, just don't get drunk; it is a sin

Eh just bored and wanted some convo relevant topic to my life ect

While I understand there are many perversions of original Christianity in Catholicism, the drinking of wine is not one of them. Did not Jesus turn water into wine? Obviously I'm not a Christian, so I don't know much, but regardless of the religious aspect, alcohol is not degenerate, it's widely regarded as tradition in some areas, Bavaria for example.

Imagine being this low IQ that you have to ask for Sup Forums's permission to drink top kek

Hey kid. You can consume but remember to eat before the bday and while consuming. Second rule of a good drinking is “don’t fucking mix the degrees”. If you start with something like vodka then stick to 40 degrees. Rule n 4. No downshifting. You can start with a beer and proceed to run but not the other way around. And last but not least: there is a subtle border between “I drank 4 glasses of whiskey and I’m still sober!” And “mmmmommmy?” Happy bday user

He's not wrong user

Kek. Thinking too much of yourself here. Guy was just doubting if he should drink

It's just edgy teen bullshit. Do whatever you want, but once you're not in high school anymore, you shouldn't do something like that just too keep up with the cool kids.

I worked a 3rd shift job when I turned 21. After work I bought a bottle of Wild Turkey, had a nice tall glass, and passed out from being exhausted an hour later.

Pretty good 21st birthday all things considered. No degenerate bar crowds and I drank because I wanted to, not because I needed it as a crutch to face my friends.

>memeflag
>"Turning 21"
>"Is X degenerate?"

You are what is wrong with Sup Forums.

Don't damage your brain like that.
It's young and healthy right now, use it.
Work HARD, drop your balls and make something of yourself.
That's happiness, not a night were your to fucked up to feel anything.
You have your youth and vigor, run.
Run boy run.

Jesus could not have made fermented wine to serve a "well drunk" crowd at the wedding feast to enable drunkenness, instead the "Good wine" is in reference to a sweet, unfermented taste of non-alcoholic wine (juice)

Acceptance in certain religious groups can't be used to apply to bible interpretation, it needs to be the other way around

I remember I was turning 21 and I was in US at that time. It was hilarious. I went to a convenient store to buy some beer and she refused to sell it to me. It was half past 11 pm and I had to wait thirty minutes to buy it.
>mfw you are a Russian and been an alcoholic since 12

most girls do it at age 15 just to fit in, then be bad girlfriends 6 years later because "oh i already did all that but you're a nice guy, wanna take care of my 3 kids? Oh you got a bottle of wine, thats nice but i dont drink anymore. heeey, hold on, my girlfriends are calling, they want to go out tonight with some guys to the bar. dont wait up, make sure billy is in bed by 10!"

FUCK FEMALES AND FUCK ALCOHOL! GIVE ME A HANDLE LET ME DROWN MY SORROWS

You are but a simple farmer who wants to drink his Wild Turkey I guess

do Americans actually wait till 21 to drink beer?
locally it's a rite of passage to down a bottle of vodka and a goonbag without vomiting when you turn 16

But, frankly, fuck alcohol and parties. Nothing good there. Trust me. I’m a party vet. Just google the etymology of this word and realize how demonic this shit is

Dude I'm plastered as fuck right now, who cares. Being drunk isn't degenerate

Just wanted convo dude

I like this tradition but have you ever heard of ancient Russian sport called literball?

>drive at 16
>vote, buy cigarettes, join military at 18
>drink alcohol at 21
What's with this stupid distinction? Why not make everything at 18 like they do in most of Europe?

>inb4 you can drink at military bases sometimes
Irrelevant, we're talking about normal citizens not ZOG slaves.

Lol it is, droog. But who cares anyway? Have a morning without hangover!

Yeah thats the way it should be

Get drunk. It's your birthday user. Don't listen to the moralfags. They're just jelly because they are square. Just make sure you take a cab home.

Why aren't churches called out for giving alcohol to minors? Or do those under 21 not receive "jesus blood"

Only liberals get hangovers

It’s a cultural rite; do it, puke, move along.

Do tell

You think that's crazy? Alcohol was completely illegal in our country from 1920 to 1933.
Actually the federal drinking age is 18. It's just every single state raised the age to 21 otherwise they don't get federal funds for roads.

Ethanol harms the developing brain. Same with cannabis.

I mean, it sure can be. OP should enjoy themself though.

It's fucking degenerate. Have a drink, sure but don't act as if you are 10. Show some self control.

Seeing as everyone is a fag these days and it sounds like you're not even really interested in alcohol don't bother.

I work at the Dogfish Head
Brewery
Also gas the kike's

>he pukes from drinking, ever

I remember my first hangover after I came from service where I was on abstention for a year. I drank like 5 glasses of beer and some shots. In the morning I wanted to blow my head off with a shotgun

Drinking is okay

Drinking until you throw up is a waste of alcohol

>people legitimately ask Sup Forums for permission on things they want to do
major kek

Americans really are non white

Buy catholic owned beer like St.bernadus

My presbyterian church used Welchs Grape juice. For everyone.

Fucking Jersey man..

>asking a question of this caliber
>expecting actual life advice

there is something deeper that is wrong with you

In Am*rica you have to be 21 years old to buy bottle of 4% beer but you can run over people in your dads lambo at age of 16 legally

>Getting drunk is demonic
>everything I don't approve of is demonic

So is it just me in the thread who's drunk or what?

k y s

>people legitimately end happy long-lasting relationships because Sup Forums told them they should only date white women

I'm baffled that people come here and ask for advice about their black/yellow gf and then get all defensive when everyone tells him to dump her. What'd they expect?

sick viral marketing team they've got at Dogfish head

>never partied hard enough to puke

Fight communism.
Drink zyweic beer made in Poland.

So there is a bottle of vodka and let’s say 3 of you. Nothing else. Plain table. First one opens the bottle and takes a gulp, not virgin sip, a chad gulp and passes the bottle till everyone had there gulp. Next round is 2 gulps and so on till there is a last man standing. I was second to no one and got beaten in this game by my sister. Sad

>doesnt know his limits

child

>Limits

Grandpa

>etymology
man, get the fuck outta here with this chakra shit Hanz

Checked.

Im sorry user, it's just that my family has been brewing cider longer than your country's existence

Polish beer is shit. Czech, German, Belgian are the only options. Pilsner Urquell, Paulaner, Kwik are the brands respectively

>An 18 year old is old enough to vote
>An 18 year old (sometimes 16 year old) is old enough to drive
>An 18 is old enough to fight in wars and risk their lives for their country
>An 18 year old in America isn't old enough to buy alcohol, which some 14 year olds around the world drink in public on festive occasions
Explain this.

Do you have studies that show that Ethanol harms brain development at 18, but not 21, or that brain development supposedly stops at 21? The brain never stops changing, so you have to be more specific about that 'development'.

If the first thing to go is your stomach, you're a child who can't hold their drink. You puke when you're sick - alcohol doesn't make you sick.

Their tap handles for bars are amazing the packaging is decent.
Also has higher alcohol levels then course or Budweiser.
I work for Dogfish Head brewery I'm not a fan of their beers I prefer supporting European Brewers like zyweic and St bernadus

But the college hipster crowd loves the Dogfish Head beers that like 90% percent of the customer base.

It's degenerate.

>alcohol doesn't make you sick
mix vodka with beer in your stomach and see what happens

>Pilsner Urquell
This.

I addressed this earlier:

Belgium beer like tremons delirium is good.
But I prefer shitty tasting polish beer to fight communism.
I'm American we are use to shitty tasting beer.
Belgium beer is a art form not a party drink.

How come I’m not surprised to see such a comment from a confederate? I’m not asking to prohibit it. If you want to behave like an animal that’s your choice. I lost my dad due to alcoholism and this is a scourge in my family. The only thing I can’t stand is drunk women, Ismail

The fuck is wrong with the USA? I got wasted at my 16th birthday, by the age of 21 I was slowing down, drinking just few liters of beer or such.

Yes, we need to raise all of those other ages up to 21. Hell, I'd be more than happy with them all at 25!

Lol yorsh!

>getting drunk with your relatives
worst kind of Russian right over there

> do Americans actually wait till 21 to drink beer?
No. Not in any way shape or form. There's fucking high school keg parties, the kiddos wander into college parties and Stacey gets preggo.
No American's don't wait until they're 21. They usually just get plastered when they do because they suddenly turn legal. So now that weird redneck guy you barely know doesn't have to buy it for anymore.

It's probably well into your early 20s, but don't take my word for it because I can't find any studies off the top of my head. Maybe it's cited on wikipedia, but I haven't checked. But for cannabis (and this would be an indicator of alcohols effects given cannabis is systemically less harmful overall):

pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3479587/
>Neuropsychological testing was conducted at age 13 y, before initiation of cannabis use, and again at age 38 y, after a pattern of persistent cannabis use had developed. Persistent cannabis use was associated with neuropsychological decline broadly across domains of functioning, even after controlling for years of education. Informants also reported noticing more cognitive problems for persistent cannabis users. Impairment was concentrated among adolescent-onset cannabis users, with more persistent use associated with greater decline. Further, cessation of cannabis use did not fully restore neuropsychological functioning among adolescent-onset cannabis users. Findings are suggestive of a neurotoxic effect of cannabis on the adolescent brain

>legimately listening to people nobodies a few years out if high school
>they've got it all figured out, nobody else "gets" it
>mfw

...seriously?

So stick with Pilsner Urquell. It’s czech and they had commies as well. Honestly I feel bad for you drinking this polish piss. What’s next? Baltika 9?

>russian
lol
>czech beer
definitely not, polish beer is better than czech beer. Of course Germans make the best.

*people who are *of

Lol my sister is the same age as me

>the ethanol from vodka is somehow different than the ethanol present in beer
>the minor level of high alcohols somehow makes a difference across types of drink
Wrong. Nothing happens, nice superstition!

Brain development stops around the age 30 mark, so that's not an argument.

pace
your
self

wow havent been on pol in a bit. you guys are fucking pathetic now.

Couldn’t quite comprehend what you were trying to convey here, Jamal

In Canada most people start drinking by 16, some by 13

>getting plastered on your 21st

lmao people here get plastered when they turn 16

>polish beer is better than Czech
Even poles would consider this comment degenerate. And I’ve personally seen Germans who tasted Czech beer and started crying because it was better than theirs

>has never pushed his limits enough to know where the fuck line is.

My point was that a 21st birthday is the perfect opportunity to learn that limit.
>a leaf.
Eat a dick, faggot legalist.

I live in De, really wish I could get a job there.

yes it does, alcohol is a sanitizer