Idol JIhen

>[HorribleSubs] Idol Jihen - 09 [720p]
It's out, finally.

I was just about to go to bed too

These are your legendary idols for tonight.

With guns.

I dropped this show, among others.

Should I pick it back up?

I drop it every week.

Kono aura...!

>no new song
They can't keep getting away with this.
Looks like next week is the real deal though.

Kono powa!

As the idols are getting blasted by aura, I'm expecting their clothes to fly off. I've been watching too much anime.

This art style is really nice.

is this even a good show to watch?
i read that its pretty stupid

It is pretty stupid, complete with overly ditzy MC. It's good if you're into that, but it's a bit lacking in the music department.

It's a wacky comedy set in a world where idols are a major Japanese political party. Just check it out, you wont lose anything by watching a few episodes.

Subliminal messages.

>stupid
It actually isn't. It's silly, but its not stupid in any shape or form. Unless you thought that things like the bed wetting rumours from the last episode were simply lol random humour and not something meant to show you how childish their rivals are, while at the same time reminding you that what you are watching is not real.

I have yet to watch this episode, and probably won't be able tonight, but I completely expect something things to get crazy soon, based on that reminder that this is an anime.

Idol march on rome when

Preschoolers taking people hostage is very stupid. I like it.

I need to rewatch older episodes desu, episode 8 was the first time I took this anime seriously.

Talking about that, I have been thinking this: when they said that some of the younger people in the evil party agreed with the idols, I realized that the only female in the bad guy party was an old woman, or at least she was until these new idols appeared. Am I forgetting someone?

So far nope. I haven't finished the episode yet but I wonder where it will lead if the Prime Minister is already revealed. Maybe to Mikazuki Kagura herself.

I just started watching it but what's the idol dietwomen end game?

They can use their idol mind control powers to get elected, remove opposition and make the population solve their own problems which will make them inevitably fill all positions in the public administration.

Then no normal person will ever be able to get elected, and no matter the good intentions democracy will be over and it will become effectively tyranny. Will it be worth it? Idols will never be corrupted with absolute powers? Will they represent every group in society and not only the "nice common people"?

I am writing about it now, I am at 4200 words, but basically Idol Jihen is a post-feminist anti-populist anime, where post feminist stands for "women know they are better but they don't say it, so men think they are the ones in charge".

>4200 words
Letters, not words. I don't like this enough to make a full blown research. yet.

Mizuki is hardcore. Not even fazed.

Did you vote for the Bishoujo Party yet?

Interesting how the Cherry 7 members who attacked the idols used weapons and explosives, while the Hroine Party responds with love and music.

Beside that, I realized that another thing this anime want to do is criticize the idea of "The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down", here we see the heroins being all unique and different, going from turbo nerd to gal, and yet they are all friendly. It's normal society, normal people, the ones who are "wrong", and they attack the girls simply because they are different, with childish and baseless insults.

Fuck me when the Gorai boss says he wants to ban idol dietwomen the anime is implying something huge, it's dealing with the very core of representative democracy and with politics being a profession.

>women know they are better but they don't say it, so men think they are the ones in charge
Most women probably believe this.

>oh shit I think MCs are finally going to do something without muh minna no chikara
>nevermind

Posers.

And can't read kanji.

I didn't ask for this
Where's my fun?

I liked it when it was just silly comedy but the retarded politics since last ep just ruin it.

Shizuka went full lez this week though. Did you see her all giggling and introducing her new girlfriend Natsuki to her old senpai?

After going on that stage, making dangerous helicopter landing in middle of public and ruining concert for thousands of people i would expect this guy political career just end there.

Maybe politics turned into as big of a joke as in the west.

God, this show is so dumb.
And I fucking love it
Please stop dying so much

It can't be helped.
Our aura is not strong enough.

>tfw everyone enjoying the show
>tfw can't watch it yet
At least I know my other Jihadbros love the show too. It's my favorite show of the season. Fuck

Anyone got a stitch of the endcard?

Not what I'd call proper but that's a stitch.
I'm too tired to make one myself.

Thanks.