Stop escaping reality

Stop escaping reality

No.

Fuck you I will live in anime world!

who's more irritating, anno or miyazaki?

stop making escapist anime

At least Anno is an excellent director, unlike Miyazaki, who is just ok.

Reality is an unknowable truth only observed through our subjective experiences.

I cannot escape that which does not hold me.

>At least Anno is an excellent director
Name one anime Anno directed that isn't shit.

His entire filmography, really. From Gunbuster to Shin Godzilla.

That is factually & subjectively incorrect.

Incorrect. It's correct.

>Stop escaping reality

That's easy to say for rich and famous dude.

Stop being bitter about how your shitty mecha harem didn't kill off otakudom. Protip, Anno: you don't dissuade someone by giving them what they want but with a warning sticker on it.

What an objectively wrong opinion.

Anno by far. Miyazaki gave some reasonable answers when questioned, Anno is just a butthurt hypocrite.

Anno wasn't always rich

>shitty mecha harem

That's what you call it when the spineless MC is orbited by two cute girls and the fandom spends the next decade fighting over who's best grill of the two.

>implying "reality" is a term of any value

>a fandom determines the quality of a piece
What a retard you are

No, the piece was shit regardless, but its genre is still mecha harem, even if it's a tragic and existential mecha harem. And if you dress something up as something, then regardless of whether you "meant it", it still is that. Like that music video with the cute girl, who's supposed to be a warning about obsessing over cute fictional girls: sorry Anno, you still mostly just gave the viewers a cute girl.

You aren't from around these parts, are you?

Go back to your board

I don't myazaki even works in the same industry as his criticizing

there is a vast difference between making budget tv series that survive off merchandising and the movie adaptions for internationally recognized IPs that payed for Rankin-Bass

>implying I don't work my ass off all day so I can have a comfy place to go watch anime in the evening

Fuck off Anno.

>Asuka and Rei
>cute
How can you misunderstand something so much?

>I don't think* myazaki even works in the same industry his criticizing

No.

Fuck i want to cum in her pussy

When you live in an upside-down, liberal hellhole like NYC, escaping reality is your only option.

I'm only escaping when when my mania won't give up on a preposterous source-thought of anxiety.
To do other wise would be unhealthy and possibly destructive and it even works better than my anxiety meds.

No, I don't want to deal with my 30 pages final year work.
I better watch cute girls in plug suits and cute insecure femboy (not) saving the world.

Been here since before Lucky Star.
I'm talking about what he actually gave his audience, not what his pretentious criticism was aimed to be.

escapism is my reality.
i don't even have friends anymore. i wouldn't know what to do if i turned my pc off right now. where do i get friends? where do i find meaning in my life?

Huh... I never thought of this.

Read Dostoyevsky

Looking for meaning won't give you any meaning, meaning is something you discover as something turns out to matter more to you than you ever expected. But you need to do something in order for it to have a chance of turning out that way.

Stop looking for realism in fucking cartoons

Fucking this

Fuck you Anno.

What is escapist about Eva?

He's gay

isn't all anime escapist?

No. Watch better anime.

like what

You finally figured out Eva. Congratulations!

the teeth girl

Start with Ashita no Joe, which is a story about how people deal with their past, present and future.

What the fuck would you know about what actual people do outside your room? Lurking tumblr for ragebait doesn't give you an accurate worldview.

We're all a little gay

but i've seen that already

and I'd still consider it escapism

What else would you recommend?

You appear to be a lost cause, so I've got nothing to recommend to you. This isn't /r/, anyway.

Texhnolyze

That's a myth.

How can we be gay when we're all little girls who like cute boys?

Because we also like girls with big tits, check the catalog

it's not

Are there any other animes that have the creators express their absolute contempt for their audiences? I find those kinds of animes to be of higher quality.

When I fap to tittymonsters I'm a boy.

Naruhodo

Reality is fucking shit, who wouldn't want to escape it?
I mean, seriously, I don't get all this "u godda embrece da wurld around u!!" bullshit. I'm a useless piece of shit. I'll never accomplish anything, even if I set my mind to it. I have no talent, no dedication, no willpower, nothing. I have literally nothing of worth to contribute to the world. So why bother? I'm nothing, so at least let me be a happy nothing in simulated bliss while I wait for my pathetic existence to end. The world holds limitless wonder for the lucky. Those born with means, with talent, with personality, with something to share. None of that was ever meant for trash like me, so let me live like trash.
Anno is a hack.

> Are there any other animes that have the creators express their absolute contempt for their audiences?

not anime, but try Bastard!
If the author is not a piece of shit who hates is audience i don't know what it is

>1280x960
what did you DO to this image

What does it matter really? I love to see everything that's beautiful.
If the person is smart, aesthetically pleasing to look at and has similar opinions to mine, I couldn't care less who they are.

It is. I've had the opportunity to fuck hot traps, I've had twinks come on to me, I've had bears come on to me (thanks NYC) and no matter what, if it's got a dick something inside me says "NO" and I reject them. The only conclusions I can draw from that is "No, we're not all a little gay."

Anno is an excellent director. Kare Kano is physical proof of that. Considering the whole thing turned to shit after he left.

I'm curious, elaborate

What do you think of your own penis?

I just googled it desu

>animes
It's anime, the plural form of anime is just anime.

It's kinda ugly.

>I have no talent, no dedication, no willpower, nothing
Good news user, the world doesn't want any of that shit, it just wants your labour.

All labor implies some level of willpower and dedication.

>if the person is exactly like this I couldn't care less what they're like
U wot?

So maybe you're just grossed out by penis.
A penisophobe, if you will.

You can't be gay if you don't like penis though.

What a miserable existence to live.

Not if you're on amphetamine!

I meant if they have the qualities I value, I don't care about their gender.

Hey, that Imaishi episode was pretty good. Not to mention Tsurumaki is a talented director himself and kept the project from dying.

Guys are more than their penises.

You can't be gay if you don't like penis.

All fiction is by nature escapist

It's not only about the penis, user. What about romantic affection?

>implying straight men like looking at vagina

Sure you can.
You can think a guy is hot, but think his penis looks like a mutilated turtle.

Then all movies and books are escapist too?

Gonna have to explain your reasoning.

You can't have romantic feelings for someone if you don't want anything to do with their genitals. That's called a friendship.

If this wasn't a blue board, I could prove you wrong easily.

You can acknowledge someone of your own sex is physically attractive but if you don't want to fug them then you're obviously not sexually attracted to them.

>penis discussion

How and why?

>How and why?

OP posted Anno.

It's a waifu2x upscale.

I think vagina looks disgusting, but I'm still straight.

>If this wasn't a blue board, I could prove you wrong easily.
No you couldn't.
Pic related.

It's Anno thread.

Sup Forums

You might want to touch and kiss a person and even have sex with them and not liking the look of their genitals. You don't actually look at their penis when you have sex.

What about children who have crushes on other children, but don't know what dicks and vaginas are yet?

And what if you don't want to do any of that with anyone of your own sex no matter how pretty they look?

Then you're a faggot.