Akagi ending thread

Washizu arc ending in 3 chapters after 20 years.

Thoughts?

I honeslty have a hard time seeing this end well

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GNanyp9fDoSotQMu4WDtaGr7-wP91ZMjWitpEQtcYyo/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I read like three volumes recently

They encompassed like one turn.

>washizu arc ends after 20 years with a cliffhanger related to the next arc
The ride never end, boys.

Doesn't Akagi end with him being old and killing himself?

No thats how Ten ends. A sequal to Akagi

Akagi's manga is the prequel. What youre thinking of happens in Ten

it makes this 20 year long arc all the more hilarious, since Akagi is in no peril at all

Honeslty yes, but how the fuck is Akagi supposed to win in in his current situation?

Washizu dies before ron

it makes me think of when akagi was reminiscing in ten, and it had like a flashback to when he got his shoulder cut, and washizu; but there was also a panel with him having shorter hair, presumably older? i think it was said there'll be no new arc after washizu though...

No way fkmt gives uss that ending after 20 years. I think the police can chi one of Washizus tiles, making Washizu draw again. Then he has to discard the tile he drew to win that round. So maby drawing Akagis winning tile?
Akagi as a hole will end feb 1 2018 so only a epilog arc

Holy shit. Is this true? I gave up on Akagi two years ago.

Washizu dies
The whitesuits transfuse blood to revive Washizu
This disqualifies him but Akagi allows it and they continue playing
Yasuoka pons Washizu's 1man or 9pin, forcing Washizu to take another draw
Washizu draws the 5sou
he deals into Akagi's hand because he recognizes that Akagi already won and doesn't want to disrespect the match

>now even the tiles don't want to move

Fuckin Washizu is going to be bullshitted out of his victory by the tiles literally gaining mass on him

Catch up and watch Washizu become literally unable to pon palace a tsuuiisou daisangen because in his own fucking words "the tiles are like a castle wall I can't push them over"

Washizu deserves to win. Fuck Akagi.

Do I need to know mahjong rules before reading Akagi?

You mostly need patience.

fuck you for killing kaiji you edgy shit

>Washizu Arc ending

Is this a prank ?

No, check the covers for yourself.

This, Akagi winning is boring shit
>hurr I LITERALLY CANNOT PUSH THE TILES OVER

You mean this one ?

I can't read the runes

>mangafox

Sorry, but you have to give back your Sup Forums license

>One Piece started 1997
>The entirety of the Washizu arc has been going even longer
Fuck man, it just felt like one of those things you assume isn't going to end

4 cour adaptation when?

Needs to be OVAs. I would absolutely kill for another adaptation.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GNanyp9fDoSotQMu4WDtaGr7-wP91ZMjWitpEQtcYyo/edit#gid=0

Wasn't there suppose to be more after this arc ?

It's true. The universe is ending.

Which arc was more painful, Washizu or Berserk's Boat?

>Washizu arc ending

I'm relieved that the end is in sight but scared of being disappointed. I really like Akagi so I'll be sad if the ending is lame.

with a difference of 39k points (Washizu on North seat with 104,8k, vs. Akagi on South seat with 65,8k), he would need either a direct hit sanbaiman ron (Washizu would be at 80,8k, and Akagi at 89,8k) or a yakuman tsumo (Washizu would be at 96,8k, and Akagi at 97,8k), or a double yakuman ron against either Suzuki or Yasuoka, or a draw, for example, a 4th kan by Yasuoka, who has a pair of 1man, a pair of 9pin and an opaque 4m, besides the opaque ton that has been seen by Washizu and Suzuki; the fact that both pairs are transparent could make it more difficult for Washizu to discard his 1man and 9pin, but if he does discard them, Yasuoka would be able to pon but he neither could deal into Akagi's hand nor would benefit in doing so, and wouldn't stop Washizu from getting his turn, however if Washizu does draw Akagi's wait, 5sou, Suzuki might or might not have that tile, but if he does, he could deal it because even if Akagi declares ron on it, he would still be 7k points behind Washizu;

as of now, Washizu can pon on Ton, Haku, Hatsu and Chun, and have either 1m, 1p, 9p, Nan or Xia as his pair; Suzuki has Nan and Xia and two unknown tiles that could or couldn't be the rest of his possible pairs, Akagi drew opaque Nan (discarded it) and Xia (which became a dora indicator), and Yasuoka drew Nan (which he kept) and opaque Xia (which he discarded).

I've made a list of their initial hands, what tiles they drew (indicated by ''), and a log of what they did (rd = rinshan draw, t1 = turn 1, dk = daiminkan, * = opaque tile).

-suzuki

forgot to mention that if Washizu tries to win with a Tsuuisou, he'll have to make a pair of either Nan or Xia which, like I said, have all been drawn already so Washizu can't tsumo them; so it's possible that Washizu having to discard 1m and 9p allows Yasuoka to pon and give Washizu a turn to draw a dangerous tile (such as 5s, which, if Suzuki can't deal into, would give Akagi a drawing turn in which he could either tsumo 5s, or 2s for Suukantsu tenpai -- he could change his wait to a Ryuuisou for a double yakuman, but it would be furiten as he already discarded 3s, 4s and Hatsu, and already used 1s, 2s, 6s and 8s -- though changing a Kazoe Yakuman into a Yakuman wouldn't improve the hand's value)

I won't be satisfied unless Washizu somehow survives.

Wasn't there a Q&A where FKMT mentioned both Washizu and Akagi would die in another timeline? I remember him talking about Akagi's ending, and how he had future arcs for planned.

I won't be satisfied unless Washizu somehow survives.

Wasn't there a Q&A where FKMT mentioned both Washizu and Akagi would die in another timeline? I remember him talking about Akagi's ending, and how he had future arcs planned.

This has always been the ultimate boat, I'll be almost sad to see it end

i really hope the series has a satisfying ending. either way washizu seriously deserves some rest (even if its in peace)

It actually clarifies.

>he would need either a direct hit sanbaiman ron or a yakuman tsumo
Washizu is so close to dead that even a 1 han tsumo or direct hit is enough to kill him

> I think the police can chi one of Washizus tiles
You've made it so far yet you still don't know the rules of mahjong?

no way

I can't believe its this close to ending. I should catch up.

Ah yes, the mythical interview which has never been seen or cited or heard of by anybody ever outside of Sup Forums.

>Last page
>it was a dream all along

How many years has it been since Akagi's death?

according to the story timeline he dies in 1999 but idk when that volume was published, if thats what you mean

>Mafia won't just use a gun and pretend nothing happened.

Any not-too-subtle symbolism in Akagi? I only watch the 2009 live action movie.

There's loads in the Washizu arc. They make for some good reaction pics at times (sorry, I don't have one on hand)

Depends.

>No adaptation of Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa
literally wtf?

No man

sadistic old fuck who got raped by Akagi despite all the advantages he had and even had Akagi sacrifice even more of himself just to give him one more chance deserves to win more?

fuck i thought this

was bullshit

Can't wait for actual chapter

The second half hasn't happened, the chapter ends with cheering for Akagi due to the disqualification. He isn't happy of course.

yeah but I really can't see how it will work differently than spoilers

Where do I find the magical sands of hell?

if you are already playing Mahjong, it's when all hope seems to be lost, but you menage to get that one point that gets you from 4th to first in last possible hand

I read Gai, Zero (Part 3 fucking when??), Kaiji (up till P2, P2 included), Akagi (read the anime material only), Confussion, reading Gin to Kin, Kurosawa and obviously watched Akagi and Kaiji both seasons. Am I halfway through being a FKMT pro?

If I read Ten, will I achieve it? I definitely think Akagi is his masterpiece character and Kaiji his best story. Everything else feels a bit void.

The villains in Zero are basically a joke, Gai is decent, Gin to Kin lacks wit and it's very very basic, Kurosawa was a nice story which should have never got a sequel. Akagi truly captures by far the best the nature of gambling and has the best main villain, on with Kaiji.

What do you guys think? Do you agree that Akagi is the epitome of gambling and his best written character?

I cannot imagine the mental state of an author who has had to draw out a single confrontation for 20 years. Has there ever been anything like this in the history of written literature?

Ten is excellent mahjong, and the entire ending arc is something special.

>The villains in Zero are basically a joke
It runs in Weekly Shounen Magazine. Definitely agree that we need Part 3 though.

fkmt explores different concepts with each of his characters so its not very fair to compare them in my opinion but i do feel akagi is one of the better written ones. fkmt went to great lengths to portray him as real as possible.

youll become a fkmt pro when anything about kaiji gets a little boring to you and youd rather see other adaptations but youd take season 3 in a heartbeat if possible

What's going to happen after Washizu given that the manga ends next year?

I read Ten thru 20 chapters and I definitely liked it, but I forgot about it for a year now, I will pick it back up soon.

Zero is just bland, man. Some shit he pulls in Part 2 is basically nothing compared to Kaiji tilting the building. It's beyond crazy, it's totally absurd, like hell with that old man they saved who predicted the flipping shadow of the Mt. Fuji and then all the way to those idiotic 3-4-5 triangles. My least favorite FKMT work by far and my least favorite MC of his. But I want to see the conclusion at least.

I didn't read Kaiji beyond season 2, so I cannot say, but Kaiji is best developed character and Kaiji has the best gambles, really that simple. It's witty and sharp. Something like Zero isn't.

Honestly I would not be upset if Akagi dies (for good) and it turns out this was a separate universe from Ten. I look forward to Washizu's blood-deprived victory dance.

Its been a long night for him

take everything one step at a time user

Is Kaiji part 3 any indication of how reading a mahjong manga is? Because it felt like
>I don't get this
>I don't get this
>I don't get this
>RON RON RON RON
And then Kaiji initiated his keikaku.

Remember Washizu? This Is Him Now. Feel Old Yet?

Depends how much you understand mahjong. Minefield Mahjong used a mahjong set but definitely wasn't mahjong.

Considering that the match with Washizu is what was supposed to be this all out showdown between two people who are alike in still and mindset, unstoppable force meets unmovable object kinda deal, no wonder Akagi is disappointed. This definitely isn't an ending he'd want.

I haven't read the unscantlated bits but I can't wait to see what Washizu makes of his "revival" - if it ends up working.

Akagi started in 1992. It's been going for 25 years.

It helps a lot. They still explain the logic and rationale behind each big play, but knowing the hands and the basic rules will just let you follow along easier than picking things up through the run.

you have to admit that golf match was hilarious

We got off the boat.
We laughed the 7 year laugh.
And now we'll witness the end of Washizu's match.

Feels like the end of an era.
Are there even any other waits left?

He couldn't fucking resist that riichi, could he.

Look lad, when you have a Kokushi-13 sided wait, that's superior to every other wait in the game including the pure gates, you may as well declare your victory in style.

One Piece or Conan ending.

This latest chapter is the only one that the translated scans haven't gotten. Have to wait a few more weeks for more.

>Are there even any other waits left?
When Sup Forums finally dies

Why did he do it?

Akagi is more about him doing his shenanigans than mahjong.

>Akagi ending
>Saki series dying
>Koizumi's sequel is shit.

Welp, that's the end of an era.

bastard getting a new chapter
hunter x hunter getting to the dark continent

>Saki series dying
Ritz is a hack who gave Awai tits

He's only human, user.

Now we just have to wait for the spin offs of the spin off to complete, in another 20 years.

This thing about Akagi and Washizu playing for 20 years is it actually Fukumoto making hundreds of chapters about the match? Or are the 20 years filled with long hiatuses and chapters released once a year.

It's hard to find a list of chapters and their release dates, but most years have one or more volumes released in them.

Bastard might as well be axed at this point. I don't expect another chapter in my lifetime.

You're probably right.

Can't hurt to keep an eye out though.

> bastard
> new chapter that is not set in an alternate reality

you have to grow up user

Funnily enough, instead of continuing with new chapters, Hagiwara redrew earlier volumes of Bastard for some time. Would of been funny if he had actually worked through all 27 volumes from the ground up, but unfortunately he stopped at 3. And even that is old news. I don't think he has worked on the manga at all this decade. He's probably just living off royalties nowadays, living the good, lazy life.

>Bastard and Vagabond will never be finished in your lifetime

the rice field is a harsh mistress

>It's hard to find a list of chapters and their release dates
Beginning of each volume m8