Berserk

The new season is out next month. How do you think it will do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rVwbMbYwvE
youtube.com/watch?v=jDJZyoJvkpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More CG fuckery that will breaks everyone's heart

This but we'll keep watching because it's all we have.

Fucking awful

And don't forget an influx of shitposters thanks to SnK 2, or maybe they'll be driven away by the awful CGI.

REEEEE WHO FUCKING CARES NEW CHAPTER WHEN

They haven't changed the shitty director who was the biggest problem of the last season.

Seriously, fuck them for skipping shit. They had plenty of content to last them for couple years.

>manga has been shitty for ages
>shitty anime adaptation
>shitty vidya adaptation
How do we UNJUST Berserk Sup Forums or is it already over?

The studio that made Gantz O should adapt the lost children arc

Where did the previous season end?

>another retard who thinks "use the same studio" solves everything
Gantz:O looked good because it was a movie and presumably had fitting budget.

tru

or how about we just don't use cheap CG for a cartoon

>When cutscenes from a Musou game will look better than an anime adaptation of a beautiful manga

the satan will directed it himself

I love the fact that there is no trailer to the new season of Berserk.
The studio has no faith in their work.

that's fucking depressing

>manga has been shitty

let me guess, you're mad it's not constant edgy rape anymore and Guts has matured instead of being the coldsteel-tier generic badass he was in the black swordsman arc?

Still waiting for the blu rays of the first season.

It will be bad, but at least we now have the outtakes from the 3 film's dubs.
youtube.com/watch?v=4rVwbMbYwvE

why?

I liked the first season. Fight me, faggots.

If the blu rays for season one come with outtakes, I hold out hope that we'll have another 30 minutes of VA's just memeing about in an otherwise crappy series. Would actually justify purchasing it.

but will it top this?

youtube.com/watch?v=jDJZyoJvkpY

Forget the skipped content, how about improving the direction at least? The shaky cam and nonexistent framing in Berserk 2016 are painful to watch.

>skipped content

NANI?

Most likely it'll be a slight improvement but still shit.

No Count, no Lost Children
DU U RRRRIKU?

The count was way AFTER this point though so going through that again after the 97 series would be redundant

Lost Children takes place right after the Count though, chronologically speaking.

The count is right after the baron, a year or two after the advent. They could have left the baron out, since it was covered already, start with the count, continue with lost children and then the anime would continue at the second episode, skipping that retarded scene with Isidro's introduction

When did Berserk jump the sharp for you?

Dumb frogposter.

How he's gonna do that? Balance it on the flat if his stub?

I try to pretend it doesn't exist.

his eyeball really isn't gone, right?
It's there, but with a giant hole in it, right?

The moment Miura went digital. So, basically as soon as they set foot on the island. While the Seagod arc was probably the worst in Berserk up until that point, I was still with it. Something terrible happened around the time we went to Falconia and it has been shit ever since.

Not that user and shitty is a strong word but I would say that overall the manga has gotten (and is getting) worse. Still great and well above most other manga but I think the series has hit it's peak and we are well past it.

this

They may have had to remove it to avoid infection. Why does it matter?
We can hope he's been getting accustomed or at least realised he's better by hand and switch back. Goddammit, he probably did it just to save time for more idolm@ster.

Are we still pretending that Berserk 2016 is bad?

>Goddammit, he probably did it just to save time for more idolm@ster
No, he probably did it because drawing a manga is a fuckton of work.

Bad? Of course not. It's irredeemably shit. Every episode has it's budget dumped into a couple of great frames and the rest is putrid shit

here's hoping you really believe that, and your innocence lasts until the end of days

Of course not the worst is right ahead.

>video game
has a budget
>weekly anime series
doesn't have a budget

Just when will the manga resume exactly? God dammit, Miura.

Never. Even if the manga comes back, it won't resume. Its publication means that Miura is working, which is a concept absolute in its impossibility. Therefore, it cannot be published. That is because it cannot exist. This is a self-effacing act, yet the Truth of the World.

They could make a passable adaptation with the same assets.

Are you joking or something?
Dude had been working his ass off for decades. Do you have a godamn clue the hours mangaka pull, even with assistants? I know I shouldn't expect anything more of Berserk threads but man, educate yourself.

Pic related.

user... You could have lied to me. Deep down I already knew this, but wanted comfort, ignorance.

I'm just sad that now I am already older than Guts, and this feels completely wrong.

Not to mention the amount of details Miura puts in most of his panels is unheard of. Just compare Berserk to any other manga of choice and anyone will see. Berserk is an absolute joy to read.

That user is probably just baiting, so pay no mind to him.

like pottery

So it required 8 months of work for Miura to create this chapter? Even with the repeated copy/paste?

I'm looking for real answers here, so don't try to trick me.

I unironically hope for Miura to just kill of the entire JRPG party.

21st sept

I'm excited for Berserk 2017.

It would be pretty interesting from a writing point, as even we the Eclipse we knew most characters would die during the Golden Age, here if he pulls out something as horrible as the eclipse out of nowhere, damn it would be quite the story.

I think they are going to cut back on the CGI a bit

we saw in the show as the episodes went on (and as the blu rays came out) that they did a lot more drawn scenes, because everyone fucking hated the CGI

it would be completely retarded to make the same mistake again

How far did the first season go? I stopped watching after the horse mount woman episode.

Right at the end of the conviction arc.

>season two will start with Griffith visiting Guts and Rickert
They'll ruin it.
They'll ruin it.

>woman
You shall refer to my waifu Farnese de Vandimion with proper respect.

Low tier

A mozgus is fine too.

The retards who like trash like berserk are the same idiots who like SnK

NEW CHAPTERO WHENO

They can't ruin it if I don't watch it

The art's been shit the last 3 chapters.

You even have copy and pasting within the same chapter.

LOLI ASS
O
L
I

A
S
S

I understand going digital if Miura is publishing monthly and regularly. He can't be expected to draw 18 intricate pages every 30 pages at that age.

But if you're on hiatus for a year and come back with 3 digital (and heavily copy+pasted) chapters, what the fuck have you been doing all this time?

I'm okay if you're going to publish a chapter every 2-3 months if you're going to hand draw every page with exquisite detail. A 50 year old Miura drawing at 66% or 33% the pace of his 25 year old self is permissible. Drawing crap is not.

We are ~ 350 chapters into promised 1000, anyone who still has ANY hope left that Miura is going to finish berserk is straight up deluded at this point.

It's pretty obvious gut's inner demon will corrupt him anyway.

>it would be completely retarded to make the same mistake again

oh boy, are you in for it now

What if some intern was charged to transfert the trailer's CGI models somewhere else and that he accidently deleted them. I would mean they had to redo everything in such a short time and explain why everything sucked ass when in the trailer it was alright.

Would that mean we won't qet the same models for 2017?

>promised 1000

Eh?

Miura said the story is 60-70% done.

that would mean everything in 2017 will be hand drawn

people always
ALWAYS
make copies of everything. A mistake like this would only be possible if the company was full of 4th graders.

Though, that could be the case, since we did see how the anime was in 2016...

And that was back in 2009.

>I work 15-16 hours a day

Bull fucking shit.

It's Japan, faggot.

Mangakas do work like slaves, user. The manga industry is merciless, that is, unless you're Togashi.

IIRC it was shortly after the fight with Mozgus

Miura said the manga is 60-70% done when it had ~310 chapters.

Lowballing the percent the manga is done, we'll have about 520 chapters. We are at 347 right now, so about 173 chapters more.

Given the rate of 4 chapters a year (hopeful), Miura will be done in 44 years. By then, he'll be 95 years old.

If we're assuming it's 70% done instead of 60%, we'll have a total of 443 chapters. so 113 more chapters, or 34 years left of manga, when Miura will be 84.

You are talking about mangakas that have weekly releases, especially ones with deals with major magazines like Shonen Jump. Look at the how hard Bleach died over the years and Kubo has been quoted saying that it was those hard weekly deadlines that ultimately killed the manga and his drive.

Miura has never ever had to make weekly releases, the last time he did anything close to that was bi-weekly releases in the 90s (91 or 92).

Yeah, Miura sure worked so fucking hard the past 5 years.

22 chapters in the past 6 years. 440 pages in the past 2190 days. 35040 hours spend on 440 pages. 80 hours of work per page.

All so we can get shit like this.

Its not like he was seriously hospitalized and ill or anything

Yes, you are right. My point was mostly that doing manga does take a lot of your time, regardless of deadlines. It is still no excuse for what he chose to do regarding the last chapters.

I don't know what the fuck he's been doing with his time, but it's certainly not working on Berserk.

And it shows.

>comes back after a year of hiatus
>3 chapters of digitalized crap with copy and pastes everywhere and squashed faces and terrible porportions

I know he worked on another manga for his lolicon fantasies. Can't recall the name.

Go ahead, look it up. Find a source for your rumour. You must do this yourself, or you will never come to understand the truth.

Did anyone even bother reading Bleach after the Aizen arc?

Bleach was so shit with blank backgrounds everywhere and white pages.

I doubt switching to a monthly manga would improve anything.

Gigantomakhia or whatever's art was pretty good. You can tell how much Miura hated working on Berserk.

Don't really like the pissing loli though, Miura's fucked in the head with all the im@s shit.

>My point was mostly that doing manga does take a lot of your time, regardless of deadlines
True, especially considering the detail and quality of his work. But to claim he works 15 hours a day to put out 4 chapters a year is absurd, it would mean it takes him 70 hours to make a single fucking page.

That's the point tho. Very little time to make shit means that quality of the art will drop, background will be blank and stories mindless and rushed.

I wouldn't say he hates working on it. Probably just wanted a break to escape from Berserk for awhile.

How dare you talk bad about the legendary mangaka Kentarou Miura!?

He took 200 hours to draw this masterpiss!

More Teekyuu when?

The musou game looks like shit compare to the ps2 game.

usually cause of better cinematography.

Which is severely lacking in the musou and recent anime of berserk. They lack atmosphere.

How does Teekyuu have 200 anime episodes?

Started reading the manga, on chap 220, based on the thread the anime is shit and the chapters are released yearly
WTF happened it's pretty fucking good

That page was for looking through the lens of caska retarded eyes.

but earlier in the chapter, it look...weird. Hopefully he get back on his groove going digital.

There no differences between digital and physical, it just alot more easier but the transition can be a bitch.

Should have use the transition on that previous new manga he just made rather than going physical on that on.