What kind of asshole prefers his wife more than his own offspring?

what kind of asshole prefers his wife more than his own offspring?

To be fair, have you seen his offspring

You can't fuck your offspring.

what kind of asshole doesn't?

gendo is the actual protag of eva

So then, is the show an insight to his former married life?

this
Who would want to keep Shinji "If I have to try, I say goodbye" Ikari alive, let alone over a caring wife

I don't think you understand how emotionally dependent he was on Yui.
The man was broken before he met her, held together with tape while they were together, and a hollow shell of himself afterwards.

And that bitch still doesn't deserve him.

Can an Sup Forumsnon more well versed in Eva than I am explain something to me?

I'm looking at something that describes Adam as the first human on Earth and progenitor of all "Angelic" Angels. Then it describes Lilith as progenitor of mankind and most other organisms on Earth.

So how is Adam a human but also the mother of the angels? If Lilith is the creator of mankind did she then create Adam? But if she's not human that would make her an angel so why didn't she also create the angels?

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around this, please explain.

what sort of bitch chooses to destroy the planet instead of her family's love?

This is a man whose last name means "rage". Gendo Rage.

Not really, but it does sound cool.

And probably she used him; she saw that broken shell of a man and realized that she could count on him to carry her plans.

That sounds scarily like After Earth

You can choose your wife, you can't choose your offspring

Adam is not a human, he's the mother of the angels and Lilith is the mother of the Lilin (humans + plants + animals, bascially all living things on Earth).

They called Adam the first human on Earth not in the literal sense, but because he was the first living thing to have landed on Earth.

Someone who likes getting laid.

Gendo looks like Anno

>Deepest lore.

My thoughts exactly

This.

Where are you getting this from? It was my impression he married her for her family's connections; he only fell for her after the fact.

Having a wife means you can make more offspring unless she's old and busted but with offspring you can't make a wife.

I thought this was full-blown Scientology and that Lilith and Adam were housing our intergalactic souls until they could repopulate the world enough for reincarnation?

The only similarity there is with Scientology is that Lilith and Adam were apparently brain-washed

His son is gay

Nope

Tomoya at least learned to love Ushio and treat her as his greatest treasure. Don't forget the circumstances of how he lost his wife, feeling hurt by his daughter's presence soon after she was born isn't all that unrealistic

this desu

also best character of the show

He can probably relate to your father

objection

Just before he dies, Gendo remarks that he is just like Shinji: unable to connect with other people. The only one who truly got him, and who really understood him, was Yui. He was desperate to get her back by any means necessary.

am i the only one who actually liked shinji, yea he was kind of a pussy at first but he was also 14 and got better as the series went on, dont see the same kinda hate for worst girl asuka

What are you talking about so many people hate on Asuka. But yeah I agree Shinji is best boy.

You're supposed to relate to Shinji and his struggles. He is a kid whose mother died when he was very young, whose father then dumped him on a foster familiy. This foster family were not very nice towards him, almost bordering on abuse.

I have a screen cap for this

you can always make more offspring

Gendo
>one of the most important person on the planet
Shinji
>gay faggot

but that's because Asuka is a girl. It doesn't matter if she is heavily mentally damaged and prone to breaking down, because she is cute

It's too realistic for ignorant people to see that is the point. Also don't forget Shinji actually saw how beat up Rei was before getting in the robot

Shinji has experienced pain like few of us can imagine. Getting your arms crushed, getting your head impaled.

When was it said they were abusive? Like he told Kaworu, he was just living. He was neither happy nor sad.

Legally, you mean

He lived with his teacher. His teacher wasn't abusive but just let him be and didn't care much for him either.

Yeah, he is in a depression for sure. I don't remember the exact scenes, but I do remember getting the impression that the show was trying to allude to Shinji being treated somewhat poorly. I remember something about a bicycle, but it's been a long time.

And that's just the physical pain, to say nothing of the mental and emotional abuse he suffered before and during the show.

I can't help but empathize with Shinji since I see so much of myself in him.

Right, but then it becomes a question of when something is abuse, I guess. He is a pretty young kid when he gets dumped on this teacher. He is certainly at an age where he needs positive attention from some parental figure. He might not have been outright abused, but if he was basically ignored it would make for a pretty fucked up person as well.

Poor Shonjie.

Neglect is a form of abuse, so yeah.

Foster family is Manga only.
In the Anime he lived with his teacher and he wasn't abusive or unhappy there.

You can in Texas.

You are a lot more receptive to the message that Eva is trying to tell, if you can somewhat relate to the struggle of Shinji. I am pretty sure that Anno projected his own insecurities and his supposed depression onto Shinji. If you have ever been in those dark places, Shinji's character will surely strike a chord with you.

Ah, I see. I had the hunch that I was maybe not separating the two, but I wasn't sure.

>it's UN are the main military of Earth show

In fact, ignoring someone is the most emotionally destructive thing you can do to another human being.

People can cope with being hated, they can rationalize it. If you ignore them, deny their existence, their mind goes nuts. We are simple, social creatures and we all need at least some kind of acknowledgement.

People who haven't recieved any positive touch since childhood actually stay with the brain of a child. They become borderline autistic and can't care for themselves. When people think abuse, they usually think yelling, beatings, etc but this is on a equal level of horrible, for the brain at least.

Where did it say his teacher ignored him?
I don't think he was being neglected by him.

His conversation with Kaworu:
>S:I was at my teacher's before.
>Silent and calm days.
>I did nothing but exist.
I don't think he was neglected in regards to basic necessities or whatever, but I don't think they were close in any way. That's all.

But doesn't he say in that exact scene he was fine with that? He liked living like that?

I guess we'll never know the specifics for sure.
I don't think he was neglected to an abusive degree because he does act like a normal kid at times with Toji, Kensuke, and Misato.

He'd act more like Rei if he was abused to that extent. Just my opinion.

>It was OK with me.
>I had nothing to do.
Yeah you're right, I don't think he was actually abused until NERV. Maybe it was like Instrumentality, when you feel neither happiness or sadness. Just a state of being.

i blame the father for not rasing him right.

I respect him, he refused to be cucked by death.

Last time I watched it, I empathised with the characters, but didn't really relate to anyone. The situation in Eva is so outlandish it's hard to get under the character's skin as an adult.

...what?

This is something I don't understand. People blame Shinji for voicing his disdain over piloting Eva, blame him for being a pussy for not wanting to do anything for people who have done nothing for him and ask him to risk his life, blame him for getting abandoned by Gendo and now we are reaching a point people blame him for being born as his kid, justifying it as a reason for abandonment.

You mean you don't cut off people's skin and wear it?

Reminder that Shinji is and was always intented to be heterosexual
 蝉の声。シンジの部屋の点描。
   に、OFFで聞こえるシンジの荒い息。
   インサートされる映像。(画面DF)
   ソーッと服を広げるシンジの手。(主観映像で)

露になる乳房。(主観映像で)
   何度も繰り返されるその映像。
   射精するシンジの半面UP。
   乳房の映像(イメージ)の手前にINするベトついたシンジの右手。
   バックの乳房の映像が消え、シンジの部屋の実像になる。(F.O後CUT INで)
   自己嫌悪に包まれるシンジ。
シンジ:「・・・サイテーだ。オレって。」

>Kaworu gripping his left hand.
>Skin touching skin……
>Badump, badump, Shinji's heart pounds wildly.
>SHINJI: Sorry…… I need to get out…… He says, letting go of Kaworu's hand and leaving the bath.
>Shinji's heart pounds even harder.
>He staggers to his feet.
>Shinji faints.
>WIPE OUT

No one is really relatable to me. Shinji's depression speaks to me, yeah, but I deal with it in a completely different way.

>gets a boner from holding a dude's hand
Does this actually happen?

Try it out and see.

He's just shy nothing sexual about that.

B-But I don't go outside.

Can people actually get boners from holding hands with people?

I guess virgins like Shinji do.

This is why I disowned you, Shinji.

Lauged at the filename

Why it wasn't in the original series?

It was, except Shinji never left and kept holding Kaworu's hand.

Isn't that the way? My mom loves us, but she loves our dad more.

Don't a lot of people love their kids more than their partners?

You mean 14 years olds like Shinji, and virgins like yourself?

We wouldn't know, would we

Yeah.

>shinji
>not important
Yeah, I guess the other impacts really triggered themselves out of boredom.

This needs an edit with the Lance of Longinus

He can always be replaced

Everyone would be dead if he didn't pilot the robot, though. Wounded Rei would never be able to defeat Sachiel.

Shinji's a fucking trash
>I is sad
And? Some of us were raised without any parents in orphanages and manage to be more assertive and sociable.
Honestly, can't this retarded kid think outside of his own ego? The whole series is about a bunch of assholes who think about no one but themselves
>Waaaah! I don't wanna pilot because bo-bo! It doesn't matter that the whole humanity can die, nobody says they love me waaah!
>Waaaah! Kaji I need a man! Waaah! Shinji I need you to be a man! (Kind of right though) waaah! Be a man for me! I'm the best pilot! Waaah! I'm not! I don't care, I must go die! (Although I can sympathize with Asuka a bit, but she was also self-centered asshole who wanted to be loved for nothing)
>Waaah! I can't relate to people, so I must fuck with them! Waaah! Penises!
>Waaaaah! My wife is dead and my son is a pussy! Waaah! I'll completely disrespect her legacy so I could bone her tight butt again!
>Ikari-kun, should I smile or kill myself because I'm expendable?
What the fuck was Anno thinking?
Moreover we've got cancerous fandom who cry about gays every time they can. Fucking sick.

Gendo would have figured something out, that's why he told Shinji to leave if he didn't want to do it.
And they had the dummy plugs later, too.

He told Shinji to leave because he was going to use Rei again, that's why Shinji stayed in the first place. Also, Rei had already get her ass handled to her by Sachiel before that.

This is why Sup Forums can relate to him

That's a normal size for 150 cm tall 14 year old Japanese boy. I would even say it's quite big.

Gendo wouldn't have said that if he didn't have something up his sleeve

And how would you know?
Maybe it's big in comparison to yours, but still pathetically small.

>Rei had already get her ass handled to her by Sachiel before that.
Lolwut. She got her injuries from activation experiment.
>manga
Get out

>Tomoya at least learned to love Ushio and treat her as his greatest treasure
And then she died

Coincidence? I think not

Ok, Jamal.

That's kind of the entire point. Everyone in eva is so absorbed about their own problems that they don't think about what they're doing to others. It's a show about selfish mentally unstable people trying to get theirs in a giant clusterfuck of a situation.

Eva sucks

Hmm. Can anybody post a full first pic? I want to calculate Shinji's penis size