Kaiji

Finally finished the two seasons of this master piece.

What'd you guys think? S2 was great but I think the Bog arc dragged on a little too much, and I feel like S1 had a better ride as we watched Kaiji start at the bottom and slowly work his way up to the boss.

So where the fuck is S3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-6faPQyrJQ&list=PLMJZ_JgbivJbu0dAcWzYwGjwrrr1NuDDA&index=5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

S3 fucking never.

Japan hates weed.

But yeah it was fucking glorious. Of course each season has its perks, S2 was definitely bogged down to those here who followed along weekly, but most people say it's much better on a marathon. I feel it dragged on a little too much but mostly in the setup rather than the actual Bog challenge itself.

I prize S2 as being the somewhat more optimistic of the two, but S1 trumps it in the feels department.

>2 MILLENNIA OF CGI BALLS ROLLING DOWN A HOLE

>>So where the fuck is S3?
Never, for many reasons.

First of all, the anime was piggybacking on the live action movie hype, the anime itself bombed in terms of ratings (due to airing in the middle of the night) and generally was only there for fanservice.
First movie did well and so when second anime was in the works, anime also got a second season.
But since the second movie did badly, no third movie and thus no third anime season to piggyback off third movie hype.

And secondly, more importantly really, the series composer was busted for having weed on him and went to jail for 17 years, got completely blacklisted, all his soundtrack albums were pulled from sale and he's generally considerd worse than cancer now in Japan.

>the series composer was busted for having weed on him and went to jail for 17 years
Damn, asians sure are still pissed about that opium thing, isn't?

Japan never got the opium shit, the heavenly emperor saw to that by introducing those absolutely ridiculous ban and punishment regulations that are still in effect today which is why this bullshit happened.
It was China that got raped with opium.

>the series composer was busted for having weed on him and went to jail for 17 years, got completely blacklisted, all his soundtrack albums were pulled from sale and he's generally considerd worse than cancer now in Japan.

I appreciate Japan being so conservative but stuff like this is just...silly.

Wanna know what's even more absurd?
He wasn't a dealer, it was his own personal weed and it was only ~1.5 grams.

and then they made s3 into a pachinko

With a new composer that sucks dick and turned it into some idolshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=m-6faPQyrJQ&list=PLMJZ_JgbivJbu0dAcWzYwGjwrrr1NuDDA&index=5

>Being conservative
Japan isn't being principled there, they're just doing what the west told them to do

Kaiji has finally come full circle.

Why Japan

What are you talking about, top right was always the moest.

It's a pity that they didn't include that little bit from the manga where Kaiji was afraid for a second there that he's going to be forced to prostitution. That's what I was most looking forward to when the first episode of the second season aired.

Could've sworn I saw a line about that in the anime, not sure if S1 or S2 tho.

That specific bit wasn't included at least. In manga, Kaiji doesn't pass out immediately when he's drugged in Endou's car.

I mean I distinctly remember Kaiji suspecting prostitution bullshit, though I'm 90% sure it was at start of S1 when in Endou's office.

>17 years
Proof? Cause everywhere I checked had no jail time stated. Also, I swear Kaiji S2 had high as hell ratings.

It's an average based on Jap law, where 15 years is minimum and 20 is maximum, 17 being in the middle makes it the average guesstimate.

No fucking S3. The anime ended with Kaiji being broke, but debt free which is a good ending. The manga is incomplete and it only gets worse after with his friends that he saved betraying him.

>(due to airing in the middle of the night)
Isn't like 90% of the anime discussed here late night anime?

Akagi is about to wrap up the Washizu arc. Maybe it'll spark another FKMT adaptation.

I only thought something like boys under 18 were used in sexual human trafficking. I thought once you were older than that they only make you do hard manual labour for pennies.

the live action was pretty decent.

WHY ARE THE MANGA TRANSLATIONS SO SLOOOW REEE.

I WANT MY POKER DEATHMATCH.