Kubo's BS plot

So for what reason did Ulquiorra show that Hollows were capable to have a second relase, to then never explain it's purpose?

Pretty sure someone compiled a full list on hundreads of things that served no purpose at the end of Bleach.

Second release should be the hollow equivalent of a bankai. I personally would have loved it if Ulqiorra was revived and killed Yhwach since nihilism deaththeme would counter the almighty but who still gives a shit.

>One chapter showed the silhouette of the Soul King with all his limbs.
>The next chapter shows the Soul King with no limbs.
Godspeed, Tite Kubo.

I would have loved to see If when Askin got his heart taken out that it was Ulquiorra pierced through his upper back. White Grimmjob was on the ground, witnissing it.

I mean, isn't its purpose just to power up further?
Ulquiorra was stated to be the only one who could do it.

Bambi
I miss Bambi

wasn't he the Hollow of emptiness? Maybe he just wanted to feel like there was a point to having that power

That's just one of the many things that turned out to be useless. Bleach was dangling by a thread, but after Ulq died, it went to shit completely.

i would love to see the anime continue only for the sake of Bambi and Giselle

I don't even know why I like them so much. They had a very typical character design but I love that design so fucking much

What was the point of all that development between him and Orihime only to never have it mentioned, thought of, or reflected on ever again? It was supposed to be a life changing experience for her and it was like it never happened. All she remembered was the part about Ichigo turning into the vastolorde hollow.

A Timetraveling wizard did it.

What ISN'T Yhwach responsible for?

Different time traveling wizard, Yhwach was busy fighting the time war for the Imperium undercover.

Some arrancars are just naturally more powerful than most others. Ulquiorra is probably the strongest vasto lorde.

Nah, he prolly just didn't like the first resurreccion that much and made the second one too late, so he shoehorned it

Really?
Guess I need to go on the archive because I have to see if anyone can be that dedicated to this.

Reminder that Unohana died for literally nothing. Nothing at all

a) it was cooler that way
b) Ulqui was pissed about how Ichigo didn't gave up already

if anybody has this list id love to see it
I dont think he was showing that hollows were capable of it so much as he was just showing he was capable of it. Its really just a bullshit way for Ulqiorra to retain the number 4 tattoo for stylistic reasons but also be able to transform so he could be the strongest Espada.
Think about it, obviously the second form would rank him above Stark and full power Yammy as the strongest espada, otherwise why would the climactic battle with him get so much more attention than the battle involving Stark? Its just some stupid bullshit to make Ulqiorra more threatening.

>What was the point of all that development between him and Orihime only to never have it mentioned, thought of, or reflected on ever again?

Because he died. Ulquiorra was the one that learned something from Orihime and Ichigo, not the other way around. After the dome incident, he finally understood what the "heart" was.

Orihime does recall the dome tragedy though once in the FB arc when Riruka tries to size her up and she stands her ground and we see a panel of it.

To be fair Starrk was terribly used, before fkt we only knew his name, had a loli(hebe?) stalker and that he was a lazy fuck, even if yammi or ulquiorra were stronger than him, which i doubt, it's a bad way to use someone like him, because from the very instant the rank system is introduced everyone wants to know who the primera is, at least give some insight before revealing his rank, and even tho he was very different from the rest of the espadas in general, he was a let down

>Kenpachi finally learns bankai
>his arm rips off cause LOLBODYCANTHANDLESUCHPOWER
>does nothing ever again

Ulquiorra was the only one ever to get a second release and even when he brought it up it was as "I attained this power" not "I discovered this thing us hollows can do"

Resurreccion gets the user closer to their original Hollow state. Segunda Etapa was seemingly an almost full reversion since Ulquiorra is pretty close to what he looked like as a hollow there.

Except for allowing Kenpachi to get a powerup to beat the strongest non-elite Quincy.

Bleach is a shitty shounen where style prevails over substance. Ulq's "this isn't even my final form" was just for the heck of it.

Kubo had no Idea what he was doing or where the story was going for a long ass time, instead of coming up with a good plot he wanted to see how many hot MILFs and rock song refrences he could fit into a story

While Glemy could be the strongest non-elite, he was the weakest of the Quincy because Glemy was too stupid to use his powers

"With the power of 2 imaginations, I make a big rock"

Everything that Bleach fans hyped, ended up
being terrible

Kubo cant write just steals plot points from people who can

It's been a few months, but here's just some of my bigger issues with bleach:
>Ichigo loses his powers, then goes through a training arc to get his powers, then loses his powers, then deux ex machina gains his powers back, then loses them in the very next important fight he's in, then goes through a training arc to get his powers back, only to lose them in the very next important fight he's in, only to get a deux ex machina at the last second to save the day. Wew.
Also, when Ichigo lost his Soul Reaper powers, why did he lose his hollow powers? Was that really explained?
>Orihime doesn't do jack or shit despite having literally op powers. Chad also doesn't do shit, but we forgive him because his powers aren't "REWRITE FUCKING REALITY"
Don't make one character's powers literally mary-sue levels and then do nothing with the character. The one Quincy is also guilty of this.
>Draw Broly
>Call it Kenpachi
This is just a personal thing for me: I feel like Kenpachi was a plot device, rather than a person, and it pissed me off.
>the whole last arc felt rushed and poorly planned. Because it was.
>The Espada were all fucking whiffers.
>Especially Baraggan.
>The Royal guard were all fucking whiffers.

CONT
>KENPACHI WAS A FUCKING WHIFFER.
>"They can seal bankai, let's use our bankai. All at the same time."
>Except the Vizords because that would be convenient.
>Ywhach was able to go "nuh uh, I have a forcefield" for the entirety of this long game of cops and robbers.
>Kubo dropped a metric fucktonne of forshadowing on over a dozen different characters having some sort of impact on the final fight. Most of them don't do jack shit and some don't even show up when everything's said and done.
>So much shit happened in the last arc, with so many characters introduced one after the other, that it just became one long blur of useless characters slapping themselves against another useless character for a few chapters until someone of importance came along and pushed the plot in a relevant direction.
>Literally everything about Zangetsu really being his quincy powers and the hollow being his shinigami powers was bullshit and contradicts literally everything that happened prior to the last arc.
>It could have ended after the Aizen fight. Why didn't it end after the Aizen fight?

Gin should've been the one to kill Aizen. I'm still upset about this

You're confusing him with Kishimoto.
This is all a part of the plan for bleach 2.

I'm pretty sure Nevermind is the last thing Kubo wants to work on right now.

appendixes
>The Bount arc was my favorite one and IT WAS NON CANON
>Memories of Nobody was my favorite move AND SEE ABOVE CAPS LOCK
>Why didn't Rukia use her Shikai on that first Hollow?
>Why have some characters (that we know have Bankai) not used their full powers in dire situations (by which I mean Bankai)
>Too many training arcs with no results, this Manga shits on convention
>What happened to Harribel? Komamura?
>Kenpachi's Zanpakuto had it's own Zanpakuto and this is never explained or brought up.
>Power levels were introduced early on and then thrown out the window for the sake of inconsistency.
>Starrk was such a letdown.
>Aizen gave the hope speech in the end.

>Ichigo you have to go to the Seireitei!
>Ichigo you have to go to the Royal Palace!
>Ichigo you have to go to the Human World!
>Ichigo you have to go back to the Royal Palace!
>Ichigo you have to go back to the Seireitei!
>Ichigo you have to go back to the Royal Palace!
>Ichigo you have to go back to the Seireitei!

Brilliant writing in that final arc.

>The Bount arc was my favorite one and IT WAS NON CANON
>Memories of Nobody was my favorite move AND SEE ABOVE CAPS LOCK
For real?

Don't forget this all started because of some shit going down in Hollowland. Said shit was never resolved.

I'm willing to accept the shortcomings of the Bount arc, because I really enjoy how it handled it's lore and fights. It was well-paced, the characters were memorable and the fights enjoyable. If we went into the Bount arc now, with what we know each character can do, things would be much different, but for what it was, when it was introduced, it was great filler.

Memories of Nobody did more for Bleach in an hour than the Quincy did in almost two years.

Im still so fucking mad we never got a TBTP Part 2 for the Quincy Shinigami war a thousand years ago. Youd think setting up the plot for why the Quincies went into hiding or the reasons for them going to war would be explained since the war was the whole fucking point of the final arc but I guess Kubo stopped giving a fuck or Jump fucked him over

I thought it was a trickle down from Aiken shaking up the top of the hollow power structure

Someday maybe?

This
We have almost zero info on the quincy war and without that backstory it leads to these questions.

Who is yhwach and why was he so broken?
How did yamamoto win the first time
Who/what are actually Quincies since we only really know that they are really good and messing with spiritual powers

If I recall, he only could do this because of his uniqueness as an arrancar (in that he retained his regenerative abilities.)

I need a new bleach anime.

What a great design.

i know, right?

did you ever expect anything from kubo, really?

Ugh, here are a few off the top of my mind

>build up yami or whatever, big twist, he's not the number 10 espada he's the 0 espada, gonna be the first big fight with kenpachi and byakuya since soul society
>off screened

>build up orohime and chads powers
>chads powers evolve from having one devil arm, to two devil arms
>foreshadow that he might turn full devil form in the final fight
>nope not at all
>orohime's a bust too

>Have soul society invasion ark
>quincies stealing bankais left and right
>USING THE STOLEN BANKAIS
>build up what's his names fire sword bankai as strongest of all
>so strong that aizen had to develop a special plan just to neutralize it
>it gets stolen by yywech
>never seen again

Ugggggh god I can't even remember 85% of the shit that was built up and dropped, or just made no damn sense. And that's not even getting into character development issues like chad choosing to become a prize fighter at the end of the manga from thinking fighting is terrible and only justifiable to protect his friends in the beginning of the manga. Fuck you Kubo.

In spite of all it's flaws I still have fond memories of bleach.

>Hollows can do
ONLY Ulquiorra can do it you piece of shit.

As frustrating as it was, I still had a lot of fun with the series and reading it week to week with the anons here made it something to looked forward to.

me too. I miss the weekly KUBOOOOOO.

What about Ggio and Yammy?

>Sacrifices himself to kill 1 random foot soldier that Buckbears was going to kill in a few minutes anyway.
No it doesn't.

He was the only legit character who wasn't your average chaotic main evil.
One thing I sometimes is ask is how the hell Kubo were able to build his character the way he did?From the beginning to the end he had values that made him that much interresting, then say fo example Grimmjow.

And we still have no clue what Ichigo Final bankai even did. More getsugas? Something new?

Because his resurreccion was fucking awful and didnt look cool at all, it was the same Ulquiorra but with a helmet and wings.
At least in that form he looks different from his usual self, I think Kubo realized that.

How did Aizen create that thing?

I was kinda speed reading through bleach as it ended and I don't remember how hitsugaya got out of being a zombie how did that work

Shut up and post memes

Look for "Compilation of unfinished plot points in Bleach".

>Compilation of unfinished plot points in Bleach".
its from leddit so brace yourself
>Shikai NOT revealed or explained
Tessai (He was a Shinigami technically)
Hikifune
Shutara
Oetsu (He was using a Zanpakuto that wasn’t really “his”.)
Yoruichi (Everyone wanted to know this Kubo)
Hachi
Mashiro
Hiyori's Shikai Ability
Lisa's Shikai Ability
Tenjiro's Shikai Ability
Isane's Shikai Ability
Iba's Shikai Name and Ability

>Bankais NOT revealed or explained
Tessai
Hisagi (All that hype for nothing, eh Kubo?)
Ukitake (Well this may never be answered…)
Aizen (How fucking could you not reveal this Kubo…)
Shinji (r/Bleach hates you for not revealing this)
Love
Isshin (Did Engetsu shoot Getsuga Tensho made of fire?)
Tenjiro
Hikifune
Shutara
Oetsu
Yoruichi
Unohona's Bankai Ability (WHAT THE FUCK DID IT DO!?)
Ichigo's Final Bankai Ability (Just makes him more fast, strong, and durable…like always)

>Characters without a proper 1 on 1 fight or hyped but never delivered
Chad (Chad x Ground OTP)
Tessai
Isshin
Love
Ryuken
Ukitake
Zombie (Robot?) Kira
Hisagi (using his Bankai)
Tenjiro
Hikifune
Shutara
Oetsu (Using his own Zanpakuto)
Ichigo with his new Bankai

>Main plot points unexplained
Yhwach being the son of the Soul King
Aizen motivations to hate the Soul King
Yhwach motivations to hate the Soul King
The Soul King organs, why did they revolt against him?
Is the Soul King awake or sleeping?
What is the Soul King in the first place?
Who is the new “Soul King” holding the Universe together? (I bet it’s Aizen)
Zanka No Tachi never used or mentioned again after being stolen.
Why wasn't the Antithesis taken?
How Uryuu survived Auswahlen the last time it was used
Yhwach not being able to leave the shadow realm for too long
The silver arrow, why didn’t Yhwach “see” it and change it?
The Vandenreich's backstory and what they've been doing for 1000 years
Why Yamamoto spared Yhwach 1000 years ago
Urahara´s endgame agenda and last words

>Main plot points unexplained .cont
What happened to Nel?
What happened to Grimmjow? (There was a fucking group by /u/darthnick426 asking for him for years and he just disappears again?)
Halibel's fate
Rangiku's soul and alleged importance in the final arc
Ganju's past
What did Renji ask Urahara?
What are the two kids who live with Urahara? Them niggas ain't human. That bitch fucked up an Arrancar that was fucking up Renji.
How and why did Uryu survive Yhwach's racial cleaning when he was a child? Yhwach mentions it’s, but never explains.
How and why did Ginjo became a Shinigami?
What Stern Ritter K and N stood for
Kubo's original idea of Hell realm arc
The name of Ichigo's Fullbring (I bet it was Zangetsu…meh)
How and when Isshin learned about Final Getsuga Tensho, and against who did he ever use it? (Probably never used it, but he had to have learned it cause he was going to use it?)
Orihime’s powers that trespasses God’s Territory
Ichigo's sisters being implied to have powers
What was Karin doing that seemed suspicious when Ichigo lost his powers?
Tatsuki developing spiritual sensitivity
The purpose of the Soul tickets that Kyoraku gave to Tatsuki, Keigo, and Mizuiro
Komamura’s fate (Probably dead seeing how Iba replaced him…)
Yoruichi's god armor AND her brother
Yachiru having Shikai when she herself was a Zanpakuto
Orihime's implied inner corruption from the HM arc
Who are the other immortal prisoners in the SS Prison
What was Rukia's first visit to the human world which she doesn't remember
What happened to Lille Barro
What is happening with the Royal Guard
Rose and Kensei's fate? (They are alive, but how did Mayuri revive them when they were dead?)
How communication is possible within the Dangai if time goes 2000 times slower
Is Ichigo’s Hollow Merged Bankai Mode really his strongest pinnacle mode? Is it really that disappointingly weak?

END

Some Mayuri science bullshit.

>hype someone like crazy
>They job it we don't even see them do anything
>Hype the story and eventual confrontations
>Wow it's fucking nothing
The whole thing was wasted potential

Who is yhwach and why was he so broken?

Son of the Soul King. That should explain why he was so broken. And it's a no brainer to guess that the Soul King created him via imaculate conception. As for the why, there are quite a few theories around and the Hisagi novel will most likely resolve that.

>How did yamamoto win the first time

Yhwach didn't have the Almighty during the war. While not outright stated it was implied that creating 26 Sternritter cost him too much power and too many soul pieces, so the Almighty temporarily deactivated between the time of Bazz-B's flashback and the first war.

>Who/what are actually Quincies since we only really know that they are really good and messing with spiritual powers.

Hisagi novel will probably reveal that. But with the information we have, they are apparently the children of god/the Soul King.

>movie 5 about byakuya

The only thing that can save bleach.

>So for what reason did Ulquiorra show that Hollows were capable to have a second relase
That's not a very good question.
>why did Kubo show that Hollows were capable to have a second relase, and then never explain its purpose?
Because the longer the series went on the more Kubo favoured hype and stupid turns and twists at the expense of logic or even catharsis. That explains pretty much every plot hole Bleach has ever had.
>for what reason did Ulquiorra show his second release to Ichigo?
To crush Ichigo's mind to teach him despair, and prove Ichigo and Orihime were wrong about the power of friendship. Those were his only objectives throughout the fight.

I've read the first two volumes of Bleach now. How much longer until it gets good? People said it had the strongest start of the big 3 but I enjoyed Naruto & One Piece from the beginning, this isn't really doing anything for me.

And he was technically right. The power of friendship didn't do a damn thing to Ulq. It was the power of rage.

It didn't matter in the end. Because he noticed his own feelings and reached out to another person in his last moments.
Not to mention his last words "are you afraid?". Sure that was also a callback to what he asked earlier. But earlier in the arc some hollow explains that Aizen has no fear, and that's why all hollows revere him like they would a guiding light in the darkness.
Fuck, I still like Ulquiorra so much, even now.

And the power of love. Zangetsu's love for Ichigo to be specific.

>Zangetsu's love for Ichigo
I'm still mad Kubo never delivered anything even remotely homolusty with Ywabach. Considering the guy shared personalities with another guy who told Ichigo he was his most important person before leaving to be assimilated by the guy in question, I feel cheated.

Well Yhwach was really adamant on Ichigo calling him daddy. And he also had Haschwalth since he was a teenager. Most of his desire should be quelled by that.

>and he also had Haschwalth since he was a teenager
I can understand, my desires would be quelled too.
Haschald and Bazzbee were like that single ray of sun that shone through a tiny hole in the big sack of shit the last arc was.

To be entirely fair to Kubo, the series is literally called Bleach after the Nirvana album which he is major fan of.

>my big rock is invincible!
>breaks

How would you guys feel about if Ichigo never got his powers back after Aizen's defeat (not that he needed them to in this plotline)?

He has to deal with the fact that he is a two dimensional character whose only ever focused on protecting others. Now that he can't even do that, he is overpowered by this feeling of powerlessness and despair. He goes tumbling down the rabbit hole into a full blown psychological meltdown.

Things(drama?) happen in the real world and Ichigo has to deal with them the way only a high schooler can, eventually learning acceptance and pursuing change.

Followed by someone offering to get him his powers back, but him declining realising that he no longer needed them to be the kind of person he wants to be.

ichiruki is the otp

reeee

So in your story he turns to hard drugs and despondent denial driven egotism then. And then Gremmy summons a meteor and everybody dies over and over and over and over and over and over and over
>It goes on like this until someone snaps the universe back into functioning order

I'd read it, sounds like a real kick in the shins.

What about Aizen's love for Ichigo?

Also side character resolutions:

Seeing the world from Keigo's perspective and hearing his inner monologue, we realise that the he's majorly depressed, that all the clowning is just a front he puts up to hide how miserable he truly is. Things come to head after a failed suicide attempt, his friends gather around him in the hospital, they all lament being so blind to his suffering and promise that they will do better. After being released he kills himself anyway, sparking the realisation that some things cannot be fixed, and the the true power of friendship isn't magical powerups and deus ex machina but the ability to recover and grow as a person using that support structure.

Tatsuki comes to terms with her one sided affection for Ichigo, she tries to change herself to be more feminine, maybe he'll notice her if she does. He doesn't. She realizes that regardless of how much she tries to change her external image, those who are close to her will always see her for who she really is. They aren't fooled by the mirage. She decides to confess to Ichigo anyway, as she resolves herself to accept that that is the only way to move on regardless of how difficult a rejection may be. (He might accept it or not)

Orihime comes to terms with the fact that her infatuation with ichigo is merely that, an infatuation born of the need to project on a reliable male figure after her brother's death, and that she'd been using him as an emotional crutch ever since. That she's been stagnating as a person, unable to move forward, find meaning in what she does. She fears being lonely; she fears asserting herself to those around her because she is afraid of distancing them. That her whimsical devil may care persona is the easiest way to maintain the status quo, even if it is emotionally suffocating. Her arc is resolved when she breaks her leg in an accident and becomes determined to to pull herself up when she falls down with her own strength.

Sounds like a completely different manga. Kubo's great at conveying despair and anguish though so if he decided to do a psychological seinen like this I'd be hyped.

Its purpose was to show that Ulquiorra was stronger than he let on, and in reality was probably stronger than the top 3 Espada. He could've been ranked as the Primera, yet he deceived Aizen for his own personal reasons.

>he deceived Aizen
>decieved
>Aizen

And in the end he was curbstomped and was completely useless.

Bleach is just a sequence of half-baked ideas that were dropped midway, resulting in a series where nothing reached it's full potencial and was wasted.

The hisagi novel is noncanon

From what we have been shown from the Aizen and Quincy Arc Ulquiorra proved himself to be the most powerful hollow.

Too bad he didn't get the chance to devour some quincies. He bet those nukes could have done a good amount of damage to Yhwach's army.

And then Ulquiorra comes back riding Giselle like a merry go round horse and kills them all because no one would ever actually care about each other that way anymore. And Yhwach awakes.

Oh how I wished the Yhwach brought Ulquiorra back as a quincy.
It was such missed potential for some character development.

Ichigo: muh pride!!
Orihime: Triggering her PTSD and emo fetish
Uryuu: Still fearing his spiritual energy

Kubo I respect you for not ruining his death, but come on at least try a little if you were going to make Haschwalth the Byakuya/Ulquiorra of this arc, then at least try build his character.

He wasn't the only one, remember the 10>0 dude. Yammy or something.

I mean, if he's going to bring Ulq back as something completely different, he might as well bring Masaki back and push Ichigo to the brink of insanity.

Ichigo is so handsome when he is suffering

So because he never showed this to Aizen, was he the real no.0 espada?

I want Ichigo to get bullied by his mother!