Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qxHgVBpKNEo&list=FLUOfFCLXTsb02Bisz_EV39w&index=15
youtube.com/watch?v=SBZuBUw_F68&index=1&list=FLUOfFCLXTsb02Bisz_EV39w
nytimes.com/2006/01/15/magazine/shutting-themselves-in.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it became fun

Fuck of moe fag.
Anime used to have manly protagonist now its made of half male/female hybrids

It died when hikki neets became the primary consumers. And the thing that these people most want is to be loved and accepted. They compensate through waifus and other nonsense. The market's simply trying to survive by creating shit that's gonna sell.

It became entertainment for betas, cowards, and "people" living in a fantasy world.

have you ever seen MD Geist
youtube.com/watch?v=qxHgVBpKNEo&list=FLUOfFCLXTsb02Bisz_EV39w&index=15

Seems like you don't get it, not at all.

This is actually a pretty good explanation.

Thank you bros.

This is too manly for me,please DELETE THIS.

I need my safe space where even as neet I can be loved by my anime girls.

So how do we fix it?

Its simple

We kill the moe blob.

What was the very last retro-badass-type anime? The 'genre' seemed to have ended before about 1995.

So fucking true.

Now every hero is some fucking emo kid with looks like a skeleton that cant lift his own shadow.

I'm getting some Fist of the North Star vibes here, is any good? Also, give me some manime or test-boosting manga suggestions.

>insecure omegas try to feel manly by watching buff cartoon dudes
l m a o i n g @ y o u r l i f e
Go and read capeshit you mongs.

>anime protagonist before 1995
Strong
masculine
knows how to handle women
doesn't fuck around
Respected
Hard working

>Anime protagonist after 1995
Neet
Hiki
under weight or over weight
No sense of masculinity
Scared of women
Scared of work
Problems with his mom or father
Weak
Virgin
Cuck

Serious answer? You buy their BD, merch or anything that make dosh for them.

Shouldn't you go eat your chicken tendies fucking neet cucklet?

Autism. Many such cases.

It's going to fix itself, I believe. Although maybe not in the way that we'd like. Japan's birthrates are abysmal and their elderly population will soon outnumber the youths, if that hasn't happened already. The government will face a critical decision. Either they'll have to stimulate / incentivize people to start pumping out kids, or they'll try to make mass immigration a thing. I doubt that the former has a good chance of succeeding, therefore migrants are going to replace many of their population, and in a few decades, maybe a century (I know, we won't give a shit by then), the demographics are going to drastically change due to the lack of neets. Alternatively, they could try to promote anime overseas even harder. But then again, neets are not an isolated problem that Japan faces alone.

But hey, this is just conjecture. I haven't really given it that much thought. I'm happy enough as long as there are still a handful of promising anime each year.

It would be hard to recreate the self-seriousness of those old shows and OVAs these days. The anime fans still like violence though. I mean Attack on Titan and Akame ga Kill are pretty popular.

I've never seen it but I heard Redline was badass.

to be honest that video is the best thing that came out of md geist imho but to watch that over the top presentation of the shows that used to play on sci-fi along time ago its great.
i just had lower standards for anime in 1995 when i was 8

i forgot to suggest something better
youtube.com/watch?v=SBZuBUw_F68&index=1&list=FLUOfFCLXTsb02Bisz_EV39w good series has some live action adaptations feels like a metroid anime and the intro gets stuck in my head

I want Hotline miami anime

move up that stove pipe!!

>when hikki neets became the primary consumers
So, since the mid 80s.

>The market's simply trying to survive by creating shit that's gonna sell
That has always been so, especially since the OVA boom which targeted otakus for their money.

Also, watch Otaku no Video and you'll see it is a testament to how otaku really aren't that much different now than that they were 20 or so years ago.

>>when hikki neets became the primary consumers
>So, since the mid 80s.

Wrong. Hikikomori wasn't a phenomenon before the '90s.

nytimes.com/2006/01/15/magazine/shutting-themselves-in.html

>I want Hotline miami anime

Me too, but it will never be as A E S T H E T I C as Bubblegum Crisis.

I like you.

My mistake, I was thinking of otaku, not hikikomori.