How do you make atheism make sense? Is there some information I do not have?

How do you make atheism make sense? Is there some information I do not have?

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofkings.com/123375/what-is-alt-christianity
answersingenesis.org/contradictions-in-the-bible/do-genesis-1-and-2-contradict-each-other/
youtube.com/watch?v=NzBT39gx-TE
desiringgod.org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection
youtube.com/watch?v=o2Azcq9h4Ns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is no context within which atheism makes perfect rational sense. It's similar to believing that we have or have not free will. There's simply not enough data to make a non-emotional judgement.

Fuck your desert death cult superstition. It is why the world is such a fetid sack of festering fecal matter.

I understand a Swede can't grasp the concept of there not being any theological concepts, considering you're basically living in hell.

you are delusional self absorbed kike, otherwise no it is just retarded

Actually, atheism is just non-belief in any gods. It has nothing to do with any scientific theories or scientific positions. This argument is just an effort to distract by attempting to connect two unrelated ideas. As believers love to point out, there are plenty of scientists who also believe in god. Atheism is non-belief in gods. That's it.

Interesting how there are 2 threads up about atheism and i both OP has no clue about what atheist even is.

Atheism
the rejection of belief in the existence of deities

Big Bang

The prevailing model of cosmology that explains the fact that 13.798 billion years ago the inherently unstable physical properties of virtual particles measurable by physicists inevitably started expanding rapidly but predictably and measurable by quantum fluctuation from its quantum-mechanical vacuum from first a hot dense state into a cooler state allowing energy to be converted into various subatomic particles as Protons, Neutrons and Electrons. Which helped by gravity started forming the basics elements; Add time abiogenesis + evolution and here we are.

(both misrepresentations)

First, you admit to yourself that we already got proof that all modern religions are based on lies.

Then you relax and realize that every atheist eventually becomes an agnostic, which is the only rational choice when not enough data is available.

/thread

but if you think about it if it didn't happen the way it did as random as it seems (or perhaps intelligently designed ?) even the smallest change in any of the physical properties of energy and matter would make the universe really different and life would probably nit be possible as we know it and you wouldn't be here making shill threads while your gf is being raped by a black immigrant

I'd love to hear your critique of this, then. This has some serious omissions, namely the code of personal conduct but that is the fundamental myth behind that code of conduct.

Try learning some physics. There is no such thing as "nothing". All matter and energy are vibrations of quantum fields. And particles pop in and out of existence all the time, look up the Casmir effect for proof of that. The universe (multi-verse?) is far stranger than your simple logic seems to dictate.

I constantly read stupid memes like yours until i have found enough to keep my bias intact.

if all religions are completely fallacious then so are our achievements using religion as a cultural cohesive. and if humanity is built on a lie, nihilists and deconstructionists win in saying "lies don't deserve to exist"

unless you know, an intelligent designer predicted changes in physical properties of energy and matter

I don’t answer to anyone but myself. Boom, I became atheist.

>Christianity
>The belief that god has existed forever but only 6000 years ago decided to create the universe because reasons

>if all religions are completely fallacious then so are our achievements using religion as a cultural cohesive
Non sequitur. One can still arrive at the right answer, using the wrong reasoning.

since when is religion politics?

Because there was no time before that, retard.

I don't understand science and big words. So a magical space wizard is much easier for me.

I know that I exist, so can say with some certainty that a reality exists.

So the question is then not why, as this implies purpose or reason which there is no evidence for.

The question is how.

One answer is a God did it, unfortunately there isn't enough, if any, solid evidence for this idea.

So I can not accept this as an answer and the question is left unanswered.

This is agnostic atheism.

Except that carries implications you fucking retard. How does your atheism not carry the assumptions in OP

>I know that I exist
how?

So your god only came into existence as it decided to create the world?

Cosmotheism and pantheism are some good representations of my beliefs now.
atheism was just my realization of the all of nothing.

The million dollar question:

Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said,
“Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart,
and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell.
But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
This means that God can legally dismiss their case:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift.
Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.

I think therefor I am etc

You are a special type of retarded.

I’m Christian and this is the dumbest shit ever.

Lol bait

I'm not the one who has to assuage their guilt for trivial things and failure to accept their own mortality by unquestioningly accepting discredited myths and using them as justification for insulting people I will never meet in real life.

But okay. I'm the retarded one.

I've never been able to get a so called Christian to engage me when I start talking about the local deitys of these parts of the world.
When does a Jewish tribal deity become important or relevant to such discussions?

>How do you make atheism make sense?
Remove humans from this world and use science to explain natural world. Originally "god" was explanation of the unknown. Now those? "god" is a scare tactic to explain morality and be good biy.

meh. why try

Religionfags, you have 10 seconds to provide a single piece of evidence that your god is real.

There are no atheists. Leftists who claim to be atheists merely replaced Christianity with the global warming cult. They're more devoutly religious than anyone.

Explain why life exists on Earth and no other planet using science. Explain why the Universe even exists using science. I'm talking actual hard data, not "probable" pseudoscience favoured by nu science. Science does not explain everything and anyone who thinks it does should probably stop reading Facebook articles from I Fucking Love Science. You know the ones. Where the title says "Science says..." and "According to science".

Trump Executive Order
SHAREBLUEFILES V.4

You literally belief there is no God, that's your fundamental presupposition and leads to the degeneracy of (((moral relativism))). Logic doesn't even make sense with a transcendent ideal that is meta-physical and thus cannot be proved in the material world. We take something is logic because the laws define itself. Logic->math->physics->chemistry is the traditonal rational path, but we have forgetten that theology is the mother of all these.

>Explain why life exists on Earth and no other planet using science.

The argument "if you can't explain it, therefore god exists" is getting a little boring.

Noah's Flood

>the belief that a 600 year old man with his family built a boat which carried all the world's species in a boat before global flood hit that covered the tops of mountains. Somehow the freshwater and saltwater fish survived and weren't crushed under the weight. Somehow he was able to tend to all these animals, carry parasites that need hosts, keep sufficient environments for different animals, provide them all with food, stop them from eating each other. Somehow when they landed the predators didn't literally cause mass extinctions when they hunted. Somehow a single pair (seven for others) were able to repopulate the planet. Somehow trees and plants survived for the herbivores to eat.

Magi- I mean miracle! Watch as christfags don't even touch this one. Watch as they throw the "muh not literal interpretation" excuse.

>Haha, you don't have an easy solution for the Fermi paradox, that means that Allah is our god and Muhammad is his prophet!
>Got you there, atheistcuck!

Christfags, please explain why your creation narrative has plants coming before the sun.

Christfags, please explain why your creation narrative has plants coming before the sun

That's not what atheism is sven.
Go read the definition.

That's actually more accurate than OP fag

The silence is deafening kek

There was already light and darkness.

So you're claiming plants are older than the sun? If you're interpreting day 1 as literal light, then how the fuck is there the earth before the sun?

If this doesn't cuck atheist basement dwellers back to their man-holes, then idk what will

If this doesn't cuck christfag basement dwellers back to their man-holes, then idk what will

I don't want men to be cucked. What pleasure do I get from seeing it? I was cucked before, now dress well, go to church every sunday, am really good shape, high test(still a manlet), very sociable and purpose driven know and almost have my degree in electrical engineering.
Being born again is truely something special. I can talk the talk about all theology and how (((they))) cucked everything, but unless I show them my fruits it is in vain.
The great commision of Jesus to make all disciples of nations doesn't just mean go door to door preaching(which I plan to do soon), it's leading a life justly that exmplify christ.
returnofkings.com/123375/what-is-alt-christianity

Atheism makes PERFECT sense for those of us who are enlightened:

>billions of years ago, nothing the size of an atom exploded into everything, and then for billions of years, the nothing just happened to follow laws that just came into existence, and then all of that material exploding outwards from the epicenter of the nothing dot just happened to get pulled towards itself forming stars, and then for billions of years the stars burned hydrogen all the way up to iron, but somehow we're supposed to believe gold and other heavy elements came from this process even though it's scientifically impossible, and then planets were formed and for millions of years it just rained on earth until all the rain made oceans and then lightning hit the ocean on a Wednesday afternoon and the rock soup ocean somehow made a living replicating cell, and somehow this cell existed without any food being available for it to eat and it somehow mated with nothing else in existence for it to mate with, and then for billions of years, this replicating cell mutated which means it lost information, and that's how simple cell life lost so much information that it eventually became complex multi-organ creatures, some with intelligence enough that it can create cities and launch satellites and come up with idiotic fairy tales about rock soup creating life and then the life losing so much information that it becomes complex.

Oh, and this could only happen billions of years ago, so it's impossible to make magic living cells from rock soup in a laboratory today, and pay no attention to abiogenesis having been debunked over a hundred years ago by Louis Pasteur. You have to be an idiot not to believe in my secular faith system of exploding nothing that turns into everything and magical rock soup.

I keep asking this question, please explain why your creation narrative has plants coming before the sun

Here man, go research. I took 2 months on a break researching Chrisitianity from every angle before reading the Bible and then believing in John 3.
answersingenesis.org/contradictions-in-the-bible/do-genesis-1-and-2-contradict-each-other/

You don't care, you latch onto stupid things like magic rock soup fairy tales that lead to degeneracy like abortion support, and all because you hope to get laid some day.

Why did you choose Christianity rather than any other religion?
Was there any evidence for it, or did you just feel lonely and want to be part of a group?

>all because you hope to get laid some day
>when almost every reason I see posted on Sup Forums about why to be a christian is "muh virgin wife"

See:

>However, this Hebrew word may also be translated in its pluperfect form.
When you have to resort to translation grammar lawyering about a day-by-day account of a creation myth to preserve your worldview, maybe you have a problem.

underrated

THing is, i had all these things and was happy before even thinking about Christianity, was an atheist. But when you have a little bit of free time and don't watch tv or vidya, and when not going out and meeting girls, on my hikes, I thought about life. It started to depress me. If you fully live nihilism to it's fullest,you end up spiraling into degrancy(which I went and was fun for a while), or depression and kill yourself.
The proof for Christianity is the resseurection of Christ, if that isn't true it all falls apart. Go look up case for Chrsit or do your own readings, ultimately all things in this world come to beleif because knowledge is ultimately based on things we cannot know.
youtube.com/watch?v=NzBT39gx-TE
I wasn't a virgin before, and now get even more attention when I tell girls i lead a bible study, it's wierd, hoes know they are being sluts and want a nice guy, but I'm not a nice guy, I don't resepct them, and fuck them but won't date them.

>The proof for Christianity is the resseurection of Christ, if that isn't true it all falls apart
So your proof that the bible is real is because the bible says so?
Surely you can do better than that, especially since that exact same argument can be used for any religion.

Makes a lot more sense than believing my great grandad is a fucking rock

I don't understand hopw anyone can not be a superstitious retard like me
Well, maybe that's because you're retarded.

>answersingenesis
oh boy, here we go.

Okay, so I went to the page and it doesn't address my point. Why do plants come before the sun in your creation narrative?

Why would I be asking if I didn't care? How do you resolve this issue? It's okay to say "I don't know".

I was being sarcastic lmfao. Jesus Christ, so many people are scared to admit they don't know how the universe was created. Why does it matter? In all honesty, we'll all be LONG dead before the human mind could ever conceive the answer to such a complex pardox. So why should we try and justify illogical infinitive questions with science?

Christians are the only ones who claim to know how the universe was creation. Atheism is simply the lack of a god belief and has nothing to do with how the universe was created.

But that was just basic Christian things. Where is your disagreement?

desiringgod.org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection
take the time to look for yourself, don't just believe me or memes you find on Sup Forums. If you truely want to know, have an open mind and go look.
If you automatically say the bible is false, you will never listen to evidence that would prove the bible true, your worldview has blinded you.
youtube.com/watch?v=o2Azcq9h4Ns
My pastor is on here, really good debate on these topics.

>magic rock soup fairy tales
You don't know what you're talking about. Also, this is a MUCH more accurate description of what's actually in your book ()

I automatically say everything is false (the null case) until there's empirical evidence to prove it.
I see your religion in exactly the same way that you see every other religion - false.

Yes, Muhammad. There is a *lot* of information that we have and you do not. First and foremost is information that there was never a point when "there was nothing".

>magic
Do you believe Moses's staff turned into a serpent? True or false?

So you're implying that there is definitely no creator whatsoever, therefore the universe was absolutely not created by anything or any being? I'm not sure one can fully come to that conclusion with the knowledge we posses on planetary science.

>cult leaders wouldn't lie
Yeah, cult leaders are the most trustworthy people I know. If they say things happened well, fuck me, it must be true. This dumb "these cultists died for the dumb shit they believed, therefore it's true" reasoning is so stupid. What about other cultists who die for the dumb shit they believe? JW don't take blood transfusions because it's cannibalism or something and plenty of them die because of it. Are they right that blood transfusions are wrong?

If you don't have any evidence for a claim, then you fall towards the null case.

The last part needs to be fixed, its the reason why theistfags start shit, it ought to read "May not seem intuitive, but its the most comprehensive and well tested explanation for every phenomena we observe, and our constant attempts to prove it wrong keep failing".

As opposed to what? Making sense of a magical sky-daddy?

No.

1. There is a god

2. There is no god

Two separate claims. Atheism addresses the first one. Denying the first claim doesn't mean you've accepted the second one. Not guilty =/= innocent. Learn your logic theory.

The funny thing is that's not even a particularly YVWH miracle, it's a trick any magicman of the day could do.
>you're implying that there is definitely no creator whatsoever, therefore the universe was absolutely not created by anything or any being?
Yes, there's nothing to suggest otherwise. Well, except the ravings of madmen.

Atheism doesn't make any less sense than religion. Personally I think the universe is a way too complicated and strange to definitively say there is no god, but organized religion is the cancer that will likely destroy us all.

> believes god is a bread golem with wine blood

lmfao if you have to pray to an unseen entity in the sky because you realized theres no honest to god meaning to life, then that just about sums up mainstream religion

Atheism is just the simple route for me. Either I can think
>Suddenly there was a squirrel
Or
>suddenly there was a dude who make a squirrel
I just prefer to take the easy route

>The funny thing is that's not even a particularly YVWH miracle, it's a trick any magicman of the day could do
Kek, yeah but chrisfags believe it actually happened while calling actual scientific theories magic. When you ask them about it and ask them about their creation narrative which puts plants before the sun its dead silent. The bible is an utterly ridiculous text.

Jesus did everything wrong

how much immigration and sand niggering makes sense? are you cuck or what?

>using science

You retards literally always have zero understanding of what science even is.

>Miller–Urey experiment

Nobel prize winning experiment

You can't really touch on the subject of logic when it comes to the creation of the universe. Saying there is no god is implying that you have a definitive reasoning that there is no possible way creationism is a viable ideology. When in fact, atheism is just as absurd. Saying that there is definitely no creator is just as arrogant as saying if you dont pray, you'll go to hell when you die.

Also, what is wrong with magic?
How can you use that as a pejorative when you're claiming biblical miracles actually happened?

I love how you cling to this plants before the sun like it was a smoking gun. Problem is you fucking idiot if you read genesis you’d realize how stupid you are. You assert that plants cannot exist without the sun. This is not true. I can grow plants in a building with LED lighting, the sun is not necessary. Read pic related and tell me how plant life could not have existed from day one.