What book would you like to see turned into an anime?

What book would you like to see turned into an anime?

Pic related for me. But I think it'd be best done in the style of anime from the 70s and 80s. That sort of modified Tezuka style.

Riyoko Ikeda style.

It's such a long book, I could see it going over 100 episodes, and even including the philosophical ending (with the calculus and stuff)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gankutsuou:_The_Count_of_Monte_Cristo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Anna Karenina is now Anna Katsuragi
She's a uni student and the daughter of prominent ceo in Tokyo, and is married to Akihiro Katsuragi. One day she goes to visit her brother, Osamu, who's a senior in HS since her father has been getting reports that he's been causing trouble. At the same time, her brother's friend Ryouji has transferred to Kyoto from Oita. Ryouji is in love with with Kitsuki, the younger sister (a first year) of Osamu's girlfriend. Sadly for him, Kitsuki is in love with the dashing Akihiro Bunya.

Things start to turn sour though when Anna decides to help chaperon at her brother's school's Christmas festival, where she and Bunya become smitten with each other

Nah, it'd be better to keep it in the period setting tbqhfamalam. I'm watching a lot of LOGH and War & Peace reminds me of like a cross between LOGH and Neon Genesis Evangelion's philosophical ending.

Can't see it being popular though if it's not set in a Japanese school setting.

Wasn't LOGH and Rose Of Versailles super popular? I know the 70s and 80s were a different time, but still...

>Translate long-winded serials into long-winded Anime/Manga
Yep. That'll definitely work out.

War & Peace isn't long-winded, it's a perfectly paced and engrossing book, the greatest ever written. Sad!

Isn't it a long-running serial nonetheless?

Pic related, obviously. I think it'd make for a fun SOL, especially the road trip.

we need a manly hemingway anime

For Whom The Bell Tolls would be a terrific OVA.

Mice And Men because that's probably the only book I've read.
>waifufags when curly's wife gets LENNIED

I cant wait mang.

Fantasy literature and mythology done in way that does not look tacky.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Moby Dick but the whale is Ahab's waifu.

Amateur.

I just wanna see an infinite jest anime directed by Masaaki Yuasa

Here, the only non pleb answer in this thread.

I'd watch any of Tolstoy's books as an anime, they already adapted my favourite book though en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gankutsuou:_The_Count_of_Monte_Cristo

apparently it's okay

DUNE
U
N
E

only to the older audiences

All of the "Horus Heresy" books.

Would Quilty be the most hated anime character of all time?

>literally Teleport behind you, nothing personnel, kid.
It was mid range mediocre, at least slightly above hunger game.

It's good

I don't care that the MC is a literary Gary Stu, I just want to see Felurian.

He really is, but it's still fun anyway.