WTF is this shit

It is like some SJWs saw those memes about treating LoTR orcs as refugees and decided to seriously make a movie like that but just based in the modern world.
>Elfs live lives of privilege
>Everyone is racist to Orcs
>Supposed to feel sympathy
>Will Smith fucking white woman
Satan really does rule the world, doesn't he? All this media trying to portray archetypes of evil in a positive light...

(You)
>Sharewho?

Niggers and orcs are pretty much the same thing.

So basically it's a remake of Alien Nation with a more SJW fueled message.

netflix sent me an email just to tell me they think I should watch it. the only think I think of when i see will's face is how much i hate his kid

I've actually watched it, and it's not the SJW nightmare fuel I've expected. There were also some, diversity women cops who were in charge but they both were horrible and corrupt cops, not some tumblerina angels. Also people hate orcs not because they are racists but because the orcs were servants of the Dark Lord in the past. Also the FBI Elf at first seemed like a villian type, but actually was an ok guy who was trying to catch criminals. There were plot, worldbuilding, etc. problems with the movie but it was not a SJW-fest as it seemed.

Movie is basically not SJW
>violent Mexican gangs
>corrupt asian cops
>some elves are good, some elves are evil
>every orc character other than the cop is a criminal
Also, while orcs are clearly a stand in for [insert minority], the whole "we made a mistake and sided with the dark lord 2000 years ago but you still hate us today" could easily be interpreted as
>stop being so mad about what our ancestors did you faglord
aka stop gettin so mad about slavery you fags.
It was pretty good. Critics seem to hate it but audiences like it.

Anything with Will Smith in it ROX

I thought it was bad on its merits as a film. The action was fairly good, but the plot had a lot of holes, bad guys being bad so that there were bad guys, problems arise simply so they can be heroically fixed, etc. I'd rate it a decent B-tier fantasy film, but I expected a lot more from a Will Smith movie.

>let's make another cop movie except with orcs instead of animals this time lolz
>OMG get Will Smith on the phone this hot garbage is perfect for him
>shalom!

It's a black/white buddy cop film where Will Smith plays the white cop.

I mean, that's it. There's not some secret message.

Yes, I had the same problems, especially with the second half. Some of the plot resolutions for its conflicts was hamfisted, but a B-tier fantasy film which I can watch at the leisure of my home for free is not so bad for me. I wouldn't pay for it though.

The part where I lost it was when Will Smith was talking to the Magic Task Force elf on the phone like he was a petty criminal in a hostage situation, rather than a cop who found himself in a bad situation getting bailed out by the Feds. If I were the elf cop, I'd assume Will Smith had cold-bloodedly murdered those other cops for the wand then turned chicken-shit and hoped he could buy his way out.

Then not long after came the orc cop "dying" just so he could be immediately resurrected. Why didn't elf chick just use the wand in the first place? Because they wanted a Jesus scene for a subplot that went literally nowhere and had no effect on anything.

It's just uncanny valley when you see A-list actors and big name directors making direct-to-DVD tier stuff. Clearly there was a decent budget here, too. Being a Netflix original makes it even wierder. A lot of important people in Hollywood spent a decent amount of money on wasted potential.

I also didn't like the part when Will Smith was "of course" a Bright, because at that moment he had to hold the wand. Another plot device which lead to nowhere.

THEY PAIRED THE ORC WITH THE BLACK GUY BECAUSE LAPD IS RACIST

Wait is this real? Looks photo shopped to me.

>trigger warning entertainment

Holy hell

This. The race mix wife disappears from the movie and never appears or is mentioned again. There are realistic depictions of black thugs and the orcs are essentially more black thugs. The Mexicans are all thugs. The black and Mexican cops are all mostly corrupt. It was a pretty realistic depiction of LA but with elves and orcs.

Will Smith even mocks BLM while beating a magical creature to death as a cop character.

Better than star wars

>Elves try to bring back dark lord
>Orcs try to throw someone in a bottomless pit for coming to their party with guns

Sounds like dead ringers for jews and niggers.

Did not see the movie but are the orcs supposed to be nigs or spics?

or the ultimate globalist dream, a combination of both?

Max Landis is going on get BTFO on sexual harassment charges.

The movie is pretty meh.

Orcs are a weird cross between nigs, spics, and white trash. You get the idea that this movie was born and bread in the LA bubble. The plot is half baked. The exposition is murky and sensationalized. The arc of the story is as muddled as a Hillary fan's recollection of 2016. Will Smiff is uninspired. The story is an amalgam of RIP, Training Day, End of Watch, and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

2 can play this game...

Neither, they're Eastern Europeans who sided with the anti-christ 2000 years ago. Lowest of the white trash.

This was foreshadowed at the beginning of the film, "he's holy" and the elf saying that some humans can be brights. Of course he won't say he's one because he would be killed in the spot.

That's of course the point of the movie, that they're in a magical prophesy, it's not about "muh plot devices".

>another shit netflex series that will probably die off and never meet the potential of the originals
I'm not familiar with this movie but on a side note I'm pretty sure that the next Marvels Thor movie will be pandering to the EU/specifically German's stance on the refugee/migrant crisis and move scenes where earth is (((enriched))) by Asgard culture and make it as an excuse for why we should allow millions of North Africans and Middle Eastern men in our countries with no practical way to assimilate them into our societies and any characters who voice concerns for the massive influx of foreign people who have previously destroyed major cities which is cannon will be portrayed as a lee raycis hill billy. Still gonna watch it but no way I'm paying for Hollywood Marxist propaganda.

>Can a nigger?
Actually yes they can.

You're actually right.

(((elves)))

Totally unrelated photo of Orc Cop IRL

>We waz kangs n shiet

>We build this country
thankyou building and farm equipment!

my favorite part was when the Mexicans were talking shit about orcs, it's like dude you're a fucking mexican lmao

Torrented it today, literally shit. Nigger will smith is shit. The only good thing is the Elfen City. Also the elvish people are awesome. This movis is basically a big fuck you to White people. Basically. Don't watch it. Rated 0.01/10.

I thought it was great.

Why is it called Bright?

Magic exists, but only through the use of magic wands, which are practically WMDs.

"Bright" is the in-universe term for the rare individuals who can wield a wand without exploding.

how the fuck did anyone think that movie was even a fucking sliver good? that was def D or F tier. just random plot elements popped out of nowhere and the fucking retarded elf chick could speak english the whole time and the orc could understand elf and the flashbacks were so dumb and the wand was pretty god damn dumb. AND THE RESOULUTION????? THE ORC SITS THERE ADMITTING THERE WAS MAGIC AND SHIT BUT THEN WILL SMITH SAYS NO AND THEYRE LIKE "OK" god that was so bad
bright is the name of super elfs (and some superhumans... gee i wonder if will smith might be one of these) who can hold a fucking wand that can do whatever anyone wants

Can someone please for the love of God explain the lore behind this movie to me. Doesn't explain how things came to be the way they are. There are orcs centars elves and other shit even dragons. Best quote in movie "Fairy lives don't matter today". Maybe Rockstar games and Bethesda should do a collab and make this a video game if you know what I mean. Elder Scrolls x GTA.

The beginning of the movie reminded me of IRobot. New species, something not human entering police force, will smith doesn't like it.

What were the BRIGHTs meant to represent? And what was the wand representing because the cops killed each other over it. Who did the elves represent?

Does he have his futuristic chucks?

>Satan really does rule the world, doesn't he?
No it's the jews. They're much more evil and corrupted than Satan.

(((The elves)))

Max Landis, the writer is a big old jew.
Luckily he has just been accused of sexual assault or something so hopefully he is on the verge of downfall.

Not everything is an allegory. It’s just a fucking wand or highly coveted item.

>knife ears
>green skins

I saw it differently, for this movie, if you consider all humans in the movie as being one race, and the orcs and elves another two races, it's almost a redpilled movie. Orcs are clearly a proxy for black people, violent, uneducated, and poor. Humans are a proxy for white people, they are the majority of cops, mostly middle class. But the most important part is that elves are the jews. Always rich and powerful, plotting against the other races to favor themselves, and the most obvious part: heavy security to get into elvish part of town. When i saw that roadblock, i was reminded of Israel.

I liked it but I thought Kevin Spacey or George Takei would have been cast at the fairies. Oh my!

yeah the film seemed very rushed, but the whole world they set up there was awesome and it would be a good tv series.