Can someone tell me why half the anime selection on Netflix is written by Gen Urobochi...

Can someone tell me why half the anime selection on Netflix is written by Gen Urobochi? Does someone on their staff have a massive boner for him or something? They even have Gargantia and I didn't know anyone cared about that show apart from Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sy-CW0X9V7o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>using netflix to watch anime

>netflix
OP is normalfag trash confirmed.

at least hulu is relatively decent. its got cowboy bebop, trigun, snk, sailor moon, a few gundam seed series, flcl, ruroni kenshin, steins, jojo's ba, fma, watamote, ranma, psychopass, the generic shonen, and shit like k-on and umaru-chan.

i mean its surprisingly decent given how accessible it is. there arent a lot of apps on mobile or smart tvs to stream shows.

Another normalfag.

>not supporting the anime industry with crunchyroll

haha fagger

> OP uses Netflix to watch anime

They're probably too late in the game to get any meaningful distribution deals.

They have the potential to be the best though, since everyone already has Netflix, they desperately need content, and the US studios keep fucking them over vis a vis content distribution.

Because he's the best anime writer. Not even joking.

Does it really though? I'm giving these people my money and I still watch Iron Blooded Orphans on Hulu and LWA on Bullshit streaming site #5? How does crunchyroll support the anime industry in japan? Also, I thought Sup Forums was the torrenting master race?

has netflix fixed their shitty subtitling? I recall it cutting off every other sentence at one point.

You thought wrong. We only stream here.

Apparently the majority of payments that go to Crunchyroll go to the original production committees or something. I'm not familiar with the exact percentages, but that's according to them.

I havent used netflix in fucking decades, but I remember it having a fairly wide variety of shitty anime

Just be a pirate like me, and leech off of Watchcartoonsonline.

Keep your wallet full, roll in the shekels me lad!

youtube.com/watch?v=sy-CW0X9V7o

>supporting shitty memesubs

They buy the rights to whatever they can. I suppose the CR and Daisuke snapping up shows at the start of each season prevent them from beefing up their catalogue.

Crunchyroll does "support" the industry but for literally a few cents for hundreds of dollars. Remember that a single subscription must be split between Crunchyroll themselves, and everyone they license with. Buying a figure would go much farther in supporting the stuff you like than 10 years of a CR subscription, and you actually get something in return rather than data on your hard drive.

It doesn't really do anything for the studios that animate the shows then if it's going to the production committees.

>netshit
>supporting web drm
Fuck you.

>using netflix