ITT: Shonen Dreams

Who has the most original dream, Sup Forums ?

Ed wants to find a way to cheat God so he can get his arm and leg and his brother's entire body back

Original or most compelling? Because I'd say Luffy's dream is the most interesting and exciting a journey but some manga that failed will have the most original because nobody was inspired to pay homage to it.

Yuuhi wants to help a devil girl destroy her enemies so she can destroy earth eventually

Punpun wants to die

Who was the First to have a dream anyway? I mean out of these shonen Protagonist.

I'm thinking its Luffy - One Piece

shit i dunno man
Yusuke wanting to be a spirit detective?
Seiya wanting to become gold?
Ippos desire to learn the meaning of true strength?
Onizuka wanting to be the greatest teacher in Japan?
Astroboy wanting to become a normal boy?

Kurosawa wanting to make up for the mess his masturbatory tendencies threw him in.

>lame
>Gay
>Overdones
>Actually original
>Pinocchio

Yoh just wants an easy life so he can sleep and fuck his wife all day every day.

Gintoki; cuz he's a careless neet with no plot.

>Yusuke wanting to be a spirit detective?

Didn't he say he only worked for Koenma because it was the only thing he was ever good at? His normal life was far too dull and depressing since he was going nowhere in life and his only other option was remaining dead which he was fine with.

Onizuka trying to get laid predates his teaching job, that was quite the quest.

This guy, with the shittiest dream

He wanted to see a dragon. I too would love to see a dragon if the opportunity presented itself.

Idk, Dragonball has always struck me as "for the journey, not the destination" type of shows. Sure meeting a wish granting dragon would be neat, but a dream of simply fighting to become the very best would be more satisfying in the shounen world of DB where strength means everything.

I can show you a dragon user :^ )

L-London?

/thread

How'd you know?

Best dream incoming

>I want to be the #1 Hero!

I was disappointed with this, it's so selfish
it doesn't fit Deku

Souma wanting to be gainfully employed, beat out his daddy, and make a girl admit his dish tastes good are all relatively novel in their simplicity

Isn't souma another word for semen?

Yes, it does. Deku actually has a selfish desire to be a winner and suprass everyone else which makes him more interesting than an empty dream like "I want to protect everyone's smiles".

Seiya wants to find his missing sister but Saint bullshit gets in the way. Getting a Gold Cloth is icing on the cake.

"You can become a hero even if you're quirkless" was a better dream and it was the fucking premise of the manga

The Prison School boys went through hell just for a wet t-shirt contest. I would say that was pretty original :)

That wasn't a dream. It was motivation to move Deku forward. He'll still become a hero like he wanted.

It's more like he wants to follow in his idol's footsteps.

It doesn't seem like he cares about the fortune and fame that comes with being #1.

Did he ever get laid or is he still a wizard?

If we are talking about juno the most original dream I remember is the MC that dedicated his entire life to save and make his waifu happy.

hero is kinda one of the best shounen series running. Fuck man the anime scene where All Might hates himself because deku beeing such a bad boy, had me in tears.

>onizuka
fuck I miss this series, it wasn´t just onizuka. Even the pupils had good character development. What happened to the otaku and the bully girl?!

Too bad the chapters for the sequel come out every century and the mangaka literally dropped everything from the original series.

They just wanted Good grades

Kumagawas was to not be a failure, which he inevitably failed at, which makes his dream the most impactful to me. He wasn't technically the MC, but he was the most important character.

He succeeded in the end though.
>"You'll absolutely come back before we've all graduated."
>She arrived just before he finished his speech.

>I just want to live a normal highschool life

Live a quiet life

I WANT TO BE THE VERY BEST

This guy want to get a godlike power just so the other potentially evil people won't be able to.

But that's a lie

Read you are willing to suffer, there's the manga. It's depressing how kinda weak the series really is. It's literally antagonist of the week through and through. Still, it answers questions and with some good characters.

But I can't say I liked it. I even went back after many years to see if my opinion would change; it doesn't.

>One Piece autists actually believe this

Nothing but cancer

This. In what universe is Luffy's goals unique?
he's a pirate... looking for treasure.
Or a boy... looking to be king (of the pirates).

You've misunderstood the first user. user was saying Luffy's dream is compelling because it allows for an exciting journey, but there's plenty of more original quests that didn't capture an audience and thus got cancelled.

Mineta is asking the important questions.

What if Luffy turns ends up like Griffith from Berserk, sacrificing his crew for the title of Pirate King?

to be like griffith he would have to rape his bfs girl so that might not hsppen

>the octopus just wanted to give his girlfriend's students a quality education

wanted to get his gf back

Yeah, it's him.

There's a story about a protagonist whose only dream is to impregnate all the girls in his school

Luffy doesn't actually want to be king in the sense of having power over others. His goal and interpretation of Pirate is King is someone who has the most freedom in the world.

>no one mentions reinhard

top dissapoint

To rule the world is a pretty standard dream.

Hell he was made that before he even knew what it was.

I don't think he aspired to be anything, he just lived freely day to day.

WE ARE FAITEEN DOREEMA

I think he's still pure as the driven snow.

for a villan, the hero is always the pussy that wants to defend the status quo.

Chuuni edgelord wannabe dreams are the best dreams

So a typical murican is unique?

Kuroko is the original edgelord

she wanted a father

biggie smalls

His dream. Goblins.

Just wanted to live a peaceful and uneventful life.

I'm guessing Luffy is dumber than Naruto, then.

He didn't want to be raped, that's all.

He didn't want to be raped, that's all.

Toriko´s dream is pretty original outside the manga but the most unoriginal dream someone can have inside the manga

Make Kohoha great again!

>Konoha*

Atem wants to find out about his past life in Ancient Egypt with the help of ancient monsters that have been modernised into a card game.

Kenshin wants to keep the people close to him safe, and for everyone else to just fuck off already.

That's not even a dream.

Did he even have a dream? I thought he just traveled around to learn more about the world and met strong people who made him want to get stronger.

Now though he is pretty much the strongest being in his entire universe and desperately craves fighting strong opponents at any and all cost

Betraying your friends and family is one of the things luffy detest more than anything

When you think about this, One Piece really is a flipped up story. They destroy every status quo of every island they came to give better life for the inhabitants and they want to flip the world upside down.

Well its mostly that the main crew are nothing like most other pirates in the series.

A lot of the pirates are very dangerous to civilians and they take over towns and even entire countries or completely devastate them.

Luffys crew mostly helps people.

His crew and the world government ideals completely clash though and the wg had put personal hits out on them pretty early on so they will likely meet head on one day

Davis had the best dream. All he wanted is to sell ramen to the people.

didn't he die or something?

>I want to protect what I can

Realistic and grounded in human's ego.

Gintoki wants his hair to become straight

Ichigo wanted to be a teen father.

No, he opened a ramen cart and spend all day walking around bringing simple carbohydrates to the masses

>I want to protect what I can
When did he say this

Literally right at the start of the anime when rukia wanted him to fill in for her and become a substitute soul-reaper, she took him to a park where a child was being attacked by a hollow and told him that if he wasn't going to do it (hunt hollows) that he wasn't allowed to help the child. Ichigo goes and save's the kid anyway, then Rukia says: So you've accepted your fate? and Ichigo says: I don't know about protecting everyone, I am not that naive but i want to protect what i can.

Truly a man we should all aspire to be.

Problem is he can protect a lot of people anyway