Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Ever year it gets worse and worse with people enjoying trash, this show and it's popularity has proved to me that anime will continue to slowly die in the west, and be more and more associated with no life faggots like you all, i'm on the edgy of disassociating myself from anime all together, from years back looking at me trying to get friends to watch trigun and cowboy bebop and others, I can't see myself caring to try to show anybody any of this trash in the next 10 years becuase everything good will be gone, ever studio will be trying to cash in on putting tits and cute lolis in as a 100% profit lock in. Thank you all for destroying anime you degenerates

cool

I agree but i still like watching maid dragon.

There's a far worse anime product than maid dragon, Kemono Friends.

>anime will continue to slowly die in the west
This is good.

Honestly I feel the exact same way.

I have to share this hobby with people who refuse to grow up and worship fictional characters.

I understand there's worse shows but i'm talking about awful shows like this that gain so much popularity yet so are bad like that cancer Himouto! Umaru-chan

Out of all the anime you choose to shit on you choose Maid Dragon?

What's wrong with enjoying some Slice of life comedy.

k

How the fuck is that show slice of life? What world do you live in? It would take way to long to shit on all of them i'm talking about now and this show's insane popularity

Not enjoying Maid Dragon that much, but if it gets faggots like you to give up and fuck off I'm all for it.

Can you stop using this guy to shitpost

How many fedoras you own?

>I have to use a who's picture to validate my statements
You're even cancerous than the shitshow you're bashing on.
>but I'm just criticizing it because it's popular
Bullshit, if you hate popular things that much you won't be using that fucking decrepit old man as your avatar.

Maid Dragon is garbage.

>1980s
Opinion discarded.

Anime is a homosexual hobby for betas since forever. Get a clue, faggot.

Who removed the "Don't take this seriously" disclaimer?

Thank god.

this is bullshit

everybody knows that moe was invented by haruhi suzumiya in 1976

Two

Dragon Maid isn't bad and you reveal yourself as a casual retard calling it bad. Its problem and my issue with it is that it's so fucking safe, to call it nothing we haven't seen before would be the understatement of the century. This isn't only this show, also stuff like Gabriel Dropout or the literally dozens of shows like it that air every fucking year.

I'm hating on it for being bad, it's sad that it's popular, did you even read the post?

It's a joke mate.
This is the real one.

Nah
Anime was always trash

You must be 16, no it was not.

Dragon Maid is just DUDE BOOBS LMAO the anime, not funny in the slightest, it's the lowest form of humor

Meanwhile Onihei is watched by a half dozen people.

*DUDE LITTLE GIRL THIGHS

West shitters like you prefer violence. While us master race prefer the lolis.

Anime has been going downhill ever since Kyoani invented moe in 2007

Japan has been making magical girlfriend shows for decades.

My most favorite shows have no violence, west shitters like me like GOOD shows, and it so happens most of good writing and shows are violent. And no life faggots like you want wish fulfillment harems and pedo bait because you are all cave dwelling trash who would piss themselves if a girl walked up and talk to you.

And some of those magical girl shows were good, wtf does that have to do with the trash that's coming out now?

Like look at this ancient image. Special notice to "another moe thing with four girls; the girls in this are ghost nurses". This is fucking Maid Dragon, except "the girls in this one are dragon maids"

This fucking "a bunch of cute girls but with X" was stale to the point of ridicule 6 fucking years ago and here we are, still getting this shit.

>tfw KyoAni unironically ruined anime.

Fedoralords like you are cringe personified

Real maidragon thread here

>tfw Kyoani invented both moe and fujoshi both things that are killing anime

They can't keep getting away with it

Absolutely deserved.
It looks like shit 90% of the time and the stories and characters are completely uninteresting.
This is the same as 91 Days and Death Parade where a show has a slightly unusual premise (for anime) and people are saying it's the best thing ever, regardless of actual quality.

This image is an exaggeration.

I think this comment came with a free one in the mail

Hayao "All my heroines are little girls." Miyazaki

No shit nigger, but the core point remains.
Maid Dragon is a good show, but for being so fucking generic, "good" is far from good enough. It's stale and boring.

How I wish all people to think like this, you should spreed this gospel user, godspeed.

>generic
buzzword alert

It's not a good show, you're just so use to eating shit, now you get shit with some hot sauce and think it's good.

The irony is palpable

hate to break it to you but the main character of mononoke hime wasn't san but ashitaka

meant for

>m-muh industry

Good animation, good character design, good soundtrack, dialogue and jokes and such flow well enough. It's good.

Yeah but he tries to portray little girls AS little girls with real young girl voice actors and no fetishizing aspects

I'm glad this is happening OP. Although I'm not exactly fond of maid dragon and still think Youjo and sangatsu are AOTS, normalfaggots like you shoud stay away from the medium permanenltly.

SoL comedy genres are popular for a reason and just because some people don't like them doesn't mean that all of them are completely shit.

You're blinded by boob jiggle, and their sound effects... you're to far gone.

Real man watches Kei-On, lucky star and moe.
Edgy kid can watch his robo edgy fightings, or pretentious drama like rakugo, tatami, shigatsu and mononoke.

Just for the record, how successful Lucky Star really was? In terms of sales.

What is it about this show that pisses people off so much? It's not really good but there's so, so much worse.

How old are you, OP? Only 16 year olds would be insecure about their hobby because of the people they share it with.

It was there together with Haruhi.

One of the most successful shows of the late 00s, both in Japan and internationally. DVDwise it sold like 30k on average, the OVA sold 40k, the live concert disc sold 12k, the BD Box sold another 9k

I think you're forgetting that, a lot of people are here because they love to shit on series with big fanbase, just to get the juicy (you)s

KyoAni.

EVERYTHING is part of some genre, EVERYTHING is full of tropes,
EVERYTHING is something you've already seen.

It doesn't matter how cliche something is, what matter is the execution.
You must be a fucking adolescent to still have not gotten this.

would he like Redditgahara?

At least I have my manga

Death Parade had great art direction, animation and writing, so I wonder why would you put with those other shows.

Just let me enjoy those cute dragons goddamn it.
Why do you want me to be miserable 24/7?

Good. Fuck off cuck.

You're simplifying it too much. Sure everything resembles something and genre conventions exist, but not everything is equally "generic" - or popular if you want a less negative word.
And exactly, execution matters, anf if you're competing in a genre that is super-popular, unless your execution is godlike, you're boring.

The loliservice probably, but really the show is pretty mediocre in terms of comedy too. Recycled jokes galore, there's only so many times you can use the same punchline before it gets stale

Probably to remind you how horrible your life is and mine while we're at it

Probably the fact that it's popular and well-praised. KyoAni put their love into this show but it doesn't fix the source material being garbage. I mean they just shove tits and yuri into your face the entire time, that doesn't make an entertaining, interesting, or endearing show. The loli is the only good part.

>Go to the mall
>HMV has a storefront display on attack on titan
Walk past hot topic in the mall
>they have attack on titan shirts beside the deadpool shirts
>some other skate shop n them all
>See the giant skinless titan once more in the window

>60 months pass
>Same, but now it is one punch man in all those stores

Anime is stronger in the west than it was 5-10 years ago, although it hasn't yet returned to the 1999-2001 level of mainstream success yet.

In the history of humanity there has never been a time when people didn't enjoy trash. Nothing has changed, nothing will change.

Beautiful.
What was the original one again? The first? I honestly don't know anymore

Considering how much of western media has become feminist/left-wing propaganda, I don't see the downside of this.

You know the really depressing part?
There are people out there who see this and nod approvingly, believing this to be true.

Where did naked Kamille even come from

Advent and flourishing of such anime perhaps points to the fact that people are looking for something unfamiliar with life. Maybe its good, maybe its bad. Im sure miyazaki understands this.

Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Yeah well that's just like, your opinion, man

>unless your execution is godlike
that's a really retarded black and white dichotomy you have there
It must be hard for you to find things to enjoy.

Most OPM western fans are Vine posting Normalscum

>I judge anime based on shitposters

Same.

I find it utterly surprising how numbnuts on this site will believe anything if you
>put your bullshit in a graph
>spam that opinion long enough

And eventually they'll actually defend that bullshit.

? I've watched all 9 eps so far, user.

>hurr you must be underage
Get some selfawareness.

This, normalfags are a cancer that need to be kept away from anime. We don't need them ruining it like they did to comics and video games

Not at all.
And obviously I was making an exaggeration but you appeared to miss the point completely.
If you're in some super niche genre offering a unique product, you have less competition, fans are willing to overlook more flaws, etc.
If you're generic cute girl show #3478456, being all-around okay doesn't exactly set you apart or make the viewer eagerly await the next episode.

meh, plebian is just above cgdctshit

Now I'm confused. First you say that anime is flooded by moeshit. Then you say that things become popular because it has something like good execution. Doesn't that imply that Maid Dragon actually has good execution because of how ridiculously popular it is?

>japan makes so much moe shows that reddit finally leaves/a/
Never come back and don't forget to tell your friends how much this place sucks

KyoAni always has good execution

I'll give you art direction and animation but I don't think the writing was that good. The episodic stories were pretty hit or miss (more miss) and the overarching plot felt tacked on and pontless.

Then why all the complaints of this being a mediocre show?

>annoying tripfag expressing his shit taste once again