Why is Sup Forums obsessed with Naoko Yamada so fucking much?

Why is Sup Forums obsessed with Naoko Yamada so fucking much?

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We are commanded to do so.

She puts out good work.

Because she's cute and I really like her works.

Studio fanboys who feel compelled to like any of the mediocre garbage that Kyoani/Yamada put out.

>What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of months ago when I was asked to comment on Naoko Yamada. I went to my hōga for a viewing of "Koe no Katachi." I suffered a great deal in the process. The directing was dreadful; the movie was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a character started the conversation, the director chose instead to cut to a shot of a desk or feet. I began marking on the back of my ticket every time that shot was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the ticket several dozen times. I was incredulous. Yamada's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of directing.

>But when I spoke up about this, I was denounced. I was told that children would now watch only Naoko Yamada in schools, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than watching nothing at all? If Yamada was what it took to make them pick up anime, wasn't that a good thing?

>It is not. "Koe no Katachi" will not lead our children on to "Hakujaden." It will not lead them to Atamanov's "Snow Queen" or Yuriy Norshteyn's "Hedgehog in the Fog" or even my own "Princess Mononoke."

>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Koe no Katachi by Makoto Shinkai. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Koe no Katachi at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch Kimi no Na wa." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Koe no Katachi" you are, in fact, trained to watch Makoto Shinkai.

As much of a meme as this is, the fake quote is very accurate. Her directing is nothing but gimmicky framing and the same 4-5 gestures.

Overrated hack.

>or even my own "Princess Mononoke"
The EGO on this dude. Christ.

>tfw superior shows took all the awards

>lost the public to Shinkai
>lost the awards to Katabuchi
So much for the "greatest modern anime director" (t. Kyoanifags).

>i should have used more filters

;_;

I just want her to be happy

Why is it common for nips to have so many moles on their face?

She made Sup Forums's favorite anime, Keion

I'm a KyoAni fag and I think Yamada is their worst director.

>and shaky cam

Because every photo of her looks like a JAV screencap.

user, your pasta detector is broken.

Kono Sekai already surpassed it in ticket sales and the BD won't sell more than 50k, for a movie that grossed over 2 billion yen that's bad.

Any pics of her feet?

She never gets mentioned outside of Kyoani circlejerk threads, though.

Because she's cute and she makes cute anime.

What do you like about Yamada?

The only people liked In This Corner of the World is because it portrays Japan as innocent dindus.

Matsumoto > Yamamoto > Yamada

How grounded and realistic her characters feel. She doesn't do well on shows like Maidragon.

How expressive and lifelike her characters are.

How much of Hibike is Yamada and how much is Ishihara?

First season is about half and half I think.
From what I've heard, second season Yamada only worked on the first and last episodes which explains the downgrade in quality.

ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2016/01/25/animestyle-007-sound-euphonium-interview-director-tatsuya-ishihara-series-director-naoko-yamada-part-1/

>ultimatebetamax
Fuck off.