So I feel that I'm late to the party on this one, but I just finished the animated Re: Zero

So I feel that I'm late to the party on this one, but I just finished the animated Re: Zero.

Some notes before getting into this.
1. Rem is best girl.

Now that we have that out of the way, I feel that the ending of the Anime was actually pretty clever.

After defeating the cult and saving Emilia and reconciling the romantic issues they're working through, the story ends, leaving an obvious long road ahead of Subaru. There's the obvious implication of 5 more sin bosses.

Here's the thing. At first I was super disappointed, and wanted to go ahead and dive into the LN and mangas to finish the story, but that sinking feeling hit me.

The filler feeling.

I realized that at that point, the story was mostly done, and anything that comes after is so much padding.

He's come to terms with his suffering and power, has a solid idea of how to use it appropriately, demonstrated that he's clever about it's application, and has shored up his relationship angst.

Everything between that point and the conflict with the Witch is superfluous. There's the mild mystery of how and why, but he has infinite tries to get it. The conclusion is inevitable. He's surpassed the only hurdle of any real threat, Himself.

I'm probably alone in this, but I feel that if I read anymore into the story all it would be is as many chances to get bored, or be let down, by the developing narrative.

Not to say it's perfect or anything, but it's unique and interesting and that "ending" has worked it's way under my skin in a way few forms of media ever do.

Anyhow, I just wanted to get that out there. No one IRL watches this garbage so it's been eating my brain. Carry on.

PS. Is "Re:" Reply, Regarding, or Referring to in the context of the title?

Sadness bump.

"Re:" is restart.
The story isn't anywhere near done and everything that comes after isn't padding. There are things he can't undo with RbD and abusing RbD isn't the answer to everything. Subaru isn't the only character that needs to develop and overcome himself. If you feel satisfied enough by the anime that you don't want to pursue anything else that's fine but it's incorrect to assume that's all the story is.

This would only ever make sense of the story was only ever about that and not just one of aspects in it. It isn't so, no. Especially with anything having to do with Satella which everything in the story leads back to in some way, not just Subaru.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I wasn't predicting the details of the story. I'm saying that the conclusion of the anime is in fact a conclusion despite there being obvious hangovers.

As if to say, if nothing else was ever written, it would be an oddly satisfying ending. I do admit the only side note there is the Witch.

As far as character development? I don't think that their levels of development at the conclusion in question are actually lacking. Again, not saying they're perfect, but unless you've picked one as your waifu, giving them an arc to flush out wouldn't add much to the story personally. I can see several becoming awkward members of a love trapezoid of some shape but that's just a rehash of the original romance under different conditions.

Think about it like this, we have this thread once a week because people like you think they need to be heard. Seriously check the archive. Then fuck off.

As I mentioned with Excluding a conclusion of the Witch mystery, the anime only presents the one story aspect. Again, I am interested in the Witch, but if the next chapter was the conclusive battle with the witch and a brief summary of the battles with the other sins, then I don't think I would feel cheated.

a RZ thread that isn't filled with trolls.

what happened Sup Forums?

I don't think I NEED to be heard. I just want to talk about it.

I flat assume no one agrees with me. I suppose I'm just not on when this thread shows up, and judging by your tone is immediately saged. If you're referring to the chapter summaries, I'm somewhat torn if those are a thread I want to enter because I haven't decided how I feel about continuing the story.

I could have posted lewds, that seems to attract them.

Check the fucking archive next time you want to be hugged.

I can't have a conversation with wonderful people like yourself in an archived thread.

>I don't think I NEED to be heard. I just want to talk about it.
You started off by saying in spoiler who you know is in a big waifu war right now. And then typed an essay. I think the other user is dead on.

Wait, so making light of a common conflict means that I don't want a conversation?

I honestly don't invest much in Waifus. If you said to me that Emilia was best girl in some fashion or another I would understand why and carry on.

It was a failed attempt at humor I suppose.

I've periodically kept up with the translations.There's basically more of the same ahead if you continue.

>more suffering
>more character arcs
>more occasional moments of triumph

There's only one thing that there's less of.

That "less" comment did more to peak my interest than anything else so far.

Theres less rem, thats it.

Oh yeah they definitely made an effort to give the anime a conclusion. At the point the anime ends something huge happens and they chose not to include it leaving a nice happy ending. I assume it's because season 2 isn't guaranteed so they didn't want to end it with a cliffhanger that might not be resolved.

I figured as much, it seems that a lot of anime end with their budget and not their actual conclusion and I appreciate their effort in this case.

I can see why, there's not much else they can do with her character development wise.

That and she strikes me as the type who would fall back for the sake of Emilia and Subaru getting along.