ITT: Underrated Shonen Manga

how the fuck is ygo underated at all? it's popular as fuck and the card game is succesful even to this day

The first series of this is really good, exploring variety of games.

Much better than MTG ripoff series after.

Because what's known about Yugioh is the shitty card game. Very few payed attention to the story.

Sadly the western audience was only introduced to the cardgame part.
I grew up knowing the original darker series which was very interesting.

The Toei adaptation was mediocre, though. DM was better in every possible aspect.
Stop trying to be hipsters.

We're talking about the manga you secondary cunt.

>DM
>underrated

Anyone know a place where you can read everything only getting sites with up to volume 4

Madokami has it if you can't find anywhere else.

nyaa and reddit.

While bad, the Toei anime had it's charm. The OP was comfy as fuck, and old Yami's voice was sounded more intimidating and psychotic than the new one, especially during punishment games.

Also memes.

I've seen Gash bell getting more of a following recently, been seeing people posting it more than it used to be, if that helps anything.

The characters all look so different in those first few chapters, I wonder why some of the designs were changed.

Fuck off, Koichi.

is this a jojo reference

Where did you find a translated color manga?

L I T E R A L L Y

batoto

Did I find a bad collection or are there no good scans of some volumes? For instance, v18 (v25 including the first part) contains this garbage.

Apparently some of the volumes do indeed only have shitty scans like this. Happens with older manga which was popular but got scanlated in the scanlation stone age.

We literally had a storytime for the entire damn thing

That sucks, but good to know that I'm not missing something. It just felt jarring going back and forth between Viz scans and that crap. I guess nobody's bothered to shell out the $10 for the Viz copy so far.

I mean there's no harm to keep looking, but from what I heard and saw buying or pirating VIZ is your best bet to get some volumes in decent quality.

That's probably because I storytimed the manga like 5-6 months ago and by the last volumes there were around 100 unique IP's in each thread, so a lot of people got to read the series

Which is bullshit. Official translations have been available for ages and have been well received.

>DM was better in every possible aspect.
LOL no
The voice actors in the toei version are way better

Megumi Ogata >>>>>> Shunsuke Kazama

nuff said

Both Shaman King and Yu-Gi-Oh! are underrated as fuck, but Shaman King especially. This fucking manga went in such unexpected directions, that it was a great wild ride.

>underrated
No, they're not. Just because their anime is massively popular doesn't mean the manga are unknown. They've got plenty of attention and pretty damn popular compared to other manga of its genre.

Then why are you citing it as a "first" or "original" series? The manga doesn't just end and reboot like the anime did.

3000 Years of Kuriboh Butthurt

Not as good as the original, but it was still a pretty decent follow-up.

Takahashi is a massive fan of Araki.

>underrated
>spawns one of japan's most successful card games in the world besides shadowverse.
Geez OP

>thinly veiled recommendation thread

Yes they fucking are

Shaman King is underrated as fuck and so is the anime btw(which isn't that good compared to the manga). It's pretty much a masterpiece which the anime doesn't do it justice and 4kids ruined it's chance for popularity in the west

This is the battle shonen that oughta get recognition not garbage like Naruto and Bleach

As for Yugioh most people don't know the first 7 volumes/season 0 and that part of Yugioh is underrated as fuck because most people never saw it...which is a shame considering it's the best part

I don't know, that last arc was kinda bad. I don't even remember what happened

Are you kidding user? It's one of my favorite manga and I know lots of normal fags who've read it.

nah, shaman king is naruto tier

Kekkaishi

no
it's dragon ball tier

ITT people don't know what the fuck underrated means.