Is being a Libertarian merely just a meme?

I've been hearing about these "Libertarians" on the internet. Please make yourselves be known and explain why you're a legitimate political ideology.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erytcpYpzRk
youtu.be/gAL5rMu8N5Y
ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/
youtube.com/watch?v=9DkcQ09h2Vo
youtube.com/watch?v=PwwThEVmRbg
scottishlibertarians.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like freedom

Me too

social liberal fiscal conservative. not hard to understand. saged

Libertarians are just SJWs who hate taxes

OPEN BORDERS NOW

the libertarian thing is most likely dead. there was a pretty good chance of it becoming a relevant party (more than 5 percent votes relevant) the last three elections but nobody could really make a really tight case for libertarians. they all seemed a little unpersonable and very loose philosophies. ron paul probably had the best chance to at least make them somewhat relevant because he was actually charming and well spoken but it was way too late in life for him.

it will just be one of those things people kind of remember, sort of like the green party.

I have a strong suspicion the DNC helped to fund Johnson's campaign, and the (((leftist media))) intentionally gave him extra coverage in hopes of drawing votes away from Trump.

No other Libertarian ever got as much attention as Johnson. Political elites know that niggers never vote libertarian, so it was obvious that he'd just draw capitalist whites away from Trump.

Also, notice how Johnson's retarded open-borders policy as Governor of New Mexico just made New Mexico more Democrat, and got him kicked out of office.

Are you talking about "libertarians", Libertarians or ancaps?

>Johnson
>Libertarian

The current American "libertarian" movement is just an offshoot of Jewish cultural Marxism.
I bet you 1 BTC Gary Aleppo has never read Hoppe, and if he did he would probably cry and call for a book burning.
White nationalism is your only hope.

Why is Sup Forums time on AST time for me, and not EST? Also I like freedom, but not all my beliefs line up to a 1-1 Libertarian doctrinaire postilion.

>strong suspicions

Lol, m8 it 100% certain

GJ was never libertarian and anybody who voted for him on the basis that he was is retarded

>Barry Johnston
>libertarian

Well shit CST.

Do you think the libertarian mindset would be a more beneficial mindset to push on a national level?

Yes. Reminder that "Libertarian" is only good as a technical classifier and Libertarianism is incomplete Objectivism. Objectivism without the epistemology. youtube.com/watch?v=erytcpYpzRk

The image was what popped up when I googled "Libertarian meme"

Libertarians have betrayed the Ron Paul revolution. They're a bunch of edgy fags. They support abortion, hate the tax cuts (lol at being for limited government), and are dude weed lmao.
Theyre essentially democrats now, but much more faggy.

There's actually a divide between libertarians currently. The Hoppean libertarians (also called right-libertarians) believe that conservative social values should be upheld and that people should be able to exclude others from their business or property for whatever reason. Hoppeans are the ones who say commies and malcontents need to be helicoptered, etc. The "left-libertarians" (not to be confused with anarcho-communists) are basically SJWs who support social liberalism and think they have a duty to enforce social justice via private forces, they're also fedora-tipping drug addicts, etc.

>I've been hearing about these "Libertarians" on the internet. Please make yourselves be known and explain why you're a legitimate political ideology.
I used to be a Libertarian. And frankly if the government would just leave me alone I would still be one.

That was my redpill: they will never leave you alone. Now matter how little you have, they'll come for it. Now matter how far away from their cities you move, they'll keep sticking their fingers into it, telling you what you can and can't do and expecting you to pay them for the privilege.

It won't stop. Never. All you can do is make sure the asshole sitting on the throne is YOUR asshole.

It's that I believe most people are idiots who will restrict me at the drop of a hat if things get financially bad for them or if the 24 hour news media tells me. People easily go into panic mode and I shouldn't have to suffer for it.

If you ask Gary Aleppo what he thought about Triple H he would say "definitely my favorite wrestler"

I hope huwhites can develop space colonies eventually.

Then we can create our own Hoppean moon base, or something; free from bureaucratic Jews and welfare niggers.

What do you call my brand of libertarian? The I want to be left alone kind?

not in it's true form. it would have to be a watered down version of it which would just make it a moderate party with liberal and conservative swayings none of which would be strong enough to get major parts of either side.

true libertarians there would be federal reserve chairs hanging from lamp posts but instead of the chairs being replaced with the proper good boy/girl who will follow party lines it will be let empty and entire institutions firebombed. it's like fiscal communism, not a social ideology but stop being a slave to government bloat and the government staying the fuck out of your life.

Then Hoppe on over to Slab City, CA! Feel free to get right the hell on out of society.

Isn't the point of the Libertarians to reduce those over reaches?

It's the "commies outta helicopters" one

Johnson is in fact a Libertarian, but he is not a libertarian.

Seems like just pure barbarism

This guy fucking gets it

>there was a pretty good chance of it becoming a relevant party (more than 5 percent votes relevant) the last three elections but nobody could really make a really tight case for libertarians.
I honestly believe Ron Paul could've won 2012 nomination if the media and RNC didn't conspire against him
youtu.be/gAL5rMu8N5Y

It seems like once a government has its vice grip on its population other governments start to have vice grips on other governments. Seems totally fucked up if you ask me.

Paleoconservatism is libertarianism with social conservative values.

What he describes, removing communists from helicopters and stuff is more physical removal/Pinchoet-esque

You sound like a Bernieite
See pic

>I honestly believe Ron Paul could've won 2012 nomination if the media and RNC didn't conspire against him
It is true

Isn't that just being a liberal? Oh wait, you're Americans.

well the DNC DID conspire against bernie but not so much the media

you sound underage, not knowing or being able to google one of the main ideologies in the US

ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/

>T.V. and butter knife license right now ya filthy wanka, ill have none of your games today.

Im just saying, I honestly believe Bernie Sanders could've won 2016 nomination if the media and DNC didn't conspire against him.

What's Aleppo?

Scotland has a Libertarian Party that is not cucked, which is not like America. I hope it can become the new way for Scotland.

Any resources to read that you've got to share?

On the Scotland Libertarian Party or libertarianism in general? I'm guessing you are an American?

Scotland Libertarian party, yes I am burger

HOL UP

Ask me again in a couple of months when I can speak more freely
Richard Nixon should have been the GOAT president IMHO if that tells you anything
youtube.com/watch?v=9DkcQ09h2Vo

*wrong vid, meant to post this one*
youtube.com/watch?v=PwwThEVmRbg

scottishlibertarians.com
Here is their website. I watched an interview with one of their main guys and he was talking about the refugees in Europe being a problem. They are not open borders like the American Libertarian Party. Personally I prefer Conservatives because they fight against immigration, but I could get behind free market everything.

Ron Paul or bust

My political beliefs have really run the gamut; I've read just about every renowned person in the political and philosophical sphere imaginable.. from Marx to Gramsci to Durkheim to Rudolph Rummel to Hoppe to Chomsky to Nietzsche to new atheists to anarchists etc. ad nauseam -- even some of the neoreactionary types who pander to Sup Forums. I've read Burke and Le Bon and JS Mill and Thoreau and Kaczynski. I've read through the Greeks up to Augustine and Aquinas to Aurelius. I've read through the brief annals of psychology and even read a little bit of history. I've read anyone I could possibly conceive of who ever even vaguely had ideas about how society ought to be ordered. Under what economic and governmental circumstances could we perhaps flourish?

I did this because I noticed that, no matter what system and conditions humans lived under, our societies were inherently oscillative, chaotic, unstable -- or if not unstable, heading towards instability -- stratified, percolating, strife-filled, tribalistic -- or not tribalistic enough -- too communal -- or not communal enough, too collectivist -- or not collectivist enough. Too diverse. I became obsessed with finding out how a group of humans could live under relative stability for more than 3 God damn centuries. Why must all our creations collapse? I became autistically obsessed with this question.

And for all the reading I didn't learn fucking anything but that humans are inherently flawed and we cannot impose a system onto those flaws and correct them. We are moralistic, whimsical, reactionary, reductionist, ruthlessly violent, you fucking name it. One thing, however, can act as a bulwark towards these tendencies: liberty. So I've sort of become a liberty fetishist these past couple of years.

It's not a solution, but it's a mitigating factor. One restriction in particular I found to be especially pernicious, restriction of speech. Without the ability to think in an unfettered way and subsequently speak your truth to power, violence will probably follow. Some restrictions like disenfranchisement or even imposing onto people some kind of purpose early on in life might be good, it depends how authoritarian you want to get with certain groups of people. But the real pernicious restriction is the restriction on thought and speech. Something that can quickly become harmful is also too much restriction on markets, but I'm not a free market fetishist and I understand capitalism's flaws -- painfully so. But there does need to be some elements of free markets and certainly no obscenely high taxes or usury practices going on.

That's honestly all I've taken away. It's pretty milquetoast I suppose. I don't like the fallacious idea that "the truth is somewhere in the middle" or because I've read through the annals of the radical left and right that I became moderate because the radical left and right are somehow flawed by virtue of being radical. I really hate that fallacy -- the truth isn't relegated to the middle of any given spectrum even though platitudes like "the truth is somewhere in the middle" sounds and feels good, but now I'm just pontificating. I think liberty, or at the very least the yolk of liberty, is essential to the human condition insofar as we understand ourselves as flawed beings and want to mitigate the extent to which we always want to tear each other to shreds.

That's a damn good Dawg

Go back to readit
Libertarianism already won everything else, this is the last bastion of sanity left

You see my flag, post pictures of my southern women, and produce a genuine response to my post. You sir have a merry Christmas. It seems as though I now have more reading to do.

Libertarianism is nice but unachievable. Would only work if the the entire world was a decently intelligent white which is already impossible without tarnishing libertarian values. Considering ideology is merely a means to an end then it would become obsolete by the time you could feasibly manage it.

I'm consider myself one and it is a
meme. Freedom should be key in IRL politics, not degeneracy though

>implying people wouldn't genetically engineer themselves to be intelligent and white in a free market

>implying intelligent people would not act in their own self interest and ensure their intelligence retains it's value by preventing this from happening.

You dont mean "liberty" you mean find Meaning, which white western civ have been good at.

You find Liberty in the Horizon, the tyranny of distance. Exploring whatever it is and never stopping and becoming decadent.

I dont necessarily mean space now, just something. Get away.

fine post mate

Libertarianism is astrology for men

>Libertarianism related to Marxism
Bitch you don't shit about Marxism
>muh nationalism
You bitches can't even show your faces in public without being ridiculed and losing your jobs, then you complain about 'muh free speech' without even knowing what free speech is.

>leftist media

what leftist media?

Less of a meme than being a non-skinhead nazi