Is christmas a christian holyday?

Is christmas a christian holyday?
I had this friend of mine telling me its just a pagan holyday stolen by christians. What is the truth?

>christmas
Its YULE you jew loving christcuck

me right now

Based

Yes, it was a pagan holiday, and when Christianity became essentially the main religion of the Roman Empire, instead of making a new holiday or at least changing the date of it, they just carried it on as a "new" Christian holiday celebrating jesus's birthday. In reality it's likely even Jesus didn't know exactly how old he was, due to the method of his birth (inside an animal pen to a relatively poor family ). From what I know, we don't even know his age, just that he died when we was probably in his mid 20's to 30's.

In not gonna let you jew worshipping christcucks steal My traditions

>In reality it's likely even Jesus didn't know exactly how old he was, due to the method of his birth (inside an animal pen to a relatively poor family )
I thought they were on the way to a fucking census? OP, it's both, read "Myth and Ritual in Christianity" by Alan Watts if you want chapter and verse.

It is absolutely a pagan holiday. Jesus was not born in the winter. The entire reason Mary and Joseph were in Bethlehem is because they were traveling to Jerusalem for passover.

Christmas is actually Yule which is a pagan celebration of the winter solstice.

LARPing can get out of hand

You can't own a tradition, as it is not a physical object, nor could you trademark or copyright it. Kill yourself, you selfish assmunch.

Traditions cannot be stolen because by taking them I do not deprive you of them.
Cultural appropriation isn't real

Is the Pope a Christian?
I had this friend of mine telling me it's just a Roman pagan office stolen by Christians. What is the truth?

you idiots made a guy who cuts off holy trees of foreigners a saint, what you did in Rus was the same shit. You steal traditions, you bury traditions and you destroy yourself in the process.

Idk about your shitty jesus, but MY jesus, MY personal lord and savior, was born on 12:00 a.m. December 25th.

>he thinks an artichoke is a pinecone

these are all metaphoric symbols for the same essence, faggot

>he thinks artichokes and pinecones are the same thing

Bit late for that lad

Pagan Semite holidays (i.e. Jews with the Zoroastrian stuff stipped out) do not follow the four seasonal changes the way European pagan ones do, because the weather in the Levant is different. I think this is actually a pretty big deal psychologically.

December 25th was chosen by Church leaders in the 4th century AD because it was the winter solstice-- a pagan, European holiday. The sun is at its lowest point and the days are shortest at around time but on the solstice the sun literally begins its journey back across the sky in another direction. The days get longer, there is more light, Winter is half over and Spring is next. Ancient people saw this as the sun dying and being reborn.

Its some syncretic bullshit marrying Yuletide and Saturnalia with the birth of the Christ.

It's full of good traditions and totally useful to Western Culture, regardless of your religious outlook. The less commercial, and the more exclusively family oriented your celebration, the warmer it feels.