How the fuck power levels work in saint seiya? you'll expect the other gods to have their own gold saint level warriors...

how the fuck power levels work in saint seiya? you'll expect the other gods to have their own gold saint level warriors, but every time athena's gold saints manage to win with no problem, yeah they die sometimes but that also makes them stronger...

There are no power levels in Saint Seiya, only Gold Saints circlejerk
By the time of Next Dimension the bronze saints have absolutely no business getting rekt by goldies

I was kind of mad at the poseidon saga, the bronze saints just walked in and killed poseidon's saints without giving a fuck, no golden armor or anything.

Seems pretty golden to me

this kind of stuff just raises further questions. are golden armors just a power boost or is the saint who is the strong one? like, if you put no armor aioria vs golden armor seiya who will win?

>hero attacks
>villain: mwahahaha I felt nothing
>villain attacks
>hero: oooowwwww
>villain: mwahaha, that was easy. WHAT? How did you survive?
>hero: even if I have to die, I won't give up on my friends!
>friends: hero, we're counting on you
>hero: RRRAAAAAWR same attack I used earlier
>villain: What? It can't be? NOOOOOOO!

Every Saint Seiya fight in a nutshell.

The problem in SS balance isn't the gold saints, it's the 5 bronze ones that are at least lesser gods level. Pegasus mainly since IIRC Lost Canvas confirmed he always stays next to Athena in every reincarnation and always goes divine, so Athena has always an at least Lesser god level saint next to her that can make short work of Thanatos with nearly no effort

Kind of just a visual flare, it's pretty stabilished that the cloth doesn't mean shit their cosmos are on 7th sense level 'n' shit, Seiya with the 8th sense was able to push Radamanthys even inside the barrier that completely fucked Mu, Aioria and Milo

kind of hard to believe only athena's saints has unlocked the 7 and 8th sense

Let's not forget the 9th sense

>we all got wings and shit
they need fashion sense

Saitama solos Saint Seiya verse

saitama can solo anything, even uchiha madara.

God, I really despise that "magical power of friendship and trust" cliche so damn much.

>taking a bait

Saint Seiya uses the power of loving Athena more than the power of friends.

what? but it's pretty much like that, have you ever watched SS?

If you want to see Golds surpassed just like another power level tier just watch Saint Seiya Omega season 2.

To be fair aside from Aphrodite (in which the wings can also be interpreted as long hair) every animal of the constellation they are associated has wings

The power on the final arc was fucking stupid.

it's not bait when it's true

Aphrodite huh

eh, chinese dragons aren't supposed to have wings but whatevs

All Gold Saints move at the speed of light

Meanwhile, Saitama could not catch a mosquito.

Reminder to ignore Toeishit filler and spinoffs

Asgard was better than all canon arcs except 12 temples.

even movies?

>that picture
I kek every time.

You know I actually had to search his constellation name cause the guy was so uninteresting I forgot most about him except he was Ikki's brother and he was Hades earthly body.

I think the armor came from Greece, it was just waiting for the saint on China so it's probably more western dragon inspired.

>since IIRC Lost Canvas confirmed
How a non-canon work confirm anything?

The fact that Pegasus and the other main Bronzies stay beside Athena was already stabilished in the original series.

I fucking hate all these colorful anime designs, sure the anime fixed the mess that is Kurumada's art but his original manga colors are superior in every way.

>Reminder to ignore Toeishit filler
Asgard is the single best filler arc in the history of anime.

>so it's probably more western dragon inspired.
No dude, check its dormant state (the cloth taking the form of its constellation), it's definitely a chinese dragon.

Movie Asgard was better

>bronzes can move at 343 meters per second
>silvers can move at 3.4 kilometers per second
>golds can move 299,792 kilometers per second

Is fucking ridiculous

>all those re-used fights and recolors
those movies are shit.

See
He survives attacks with destructive properties, all right. But how can Saitama escape from Another Dimension or Golden Triangle?

No it wasn't, it lacked the best god warriors and it was overall just a series of fights without depth, Asgard in the anime infinitely superior.

Not really, Gold Saints were stabilished as being the last line of the defence from the get go, they are meant to take on gods themselves and their strongest aides, only someone of that caliber would dare to advance the 12 palaces.

pretty sure the whole "moving at the speed of light or going to another dimension" it's bullshit

>golds can move 299,792 kilometers per second
>In Soul of Gold, Aioria proceeds to go aid his Goddess who, according to him, was in "urgent need due to the war with Hades" by walking at snail's pace

I hate soul of shit so fucking much
it's amazing how Toei managed to do something as horrible as Omega S2.

Fuck the power levels, a better question would be, how do the special moves work?

Watching the anime and reading the manga, it was never clear to me what's supposed to be "real" and what's just there for visual effect.

Some like Hyoga's and Shun's are easy to understand, but Shiryu's for example, is he actually materializing cosmo dragons with his fists? If not, what's going on? What does the attack look like without the visual effect? He's just punching? Same for Seiya, I can understand he's punching really fast, but the attack seems to have range, so does that mean he's shooting small energy balls along with the punches or is that just a visual effect?

Omega S2 had a lot of low points but the good parts were really good. SoG was just bad all around.

But it isn't, Kurumada's artbooks and the ultimate editions of the manga with trivia at the end of all volumes state time and again that those speeds are real.

I thought their attacks were lightspeed, not their actual running speed.

aparently they can also fly but they forget.

Cosmo taking shape, it isn't hard to grasp.

Anyway Shiryu's Shoryuha is an uppercut that launches a dragon, how is that not clear for you? It's the ultimate attack that he learns later, One Hundread Hozan Shoryuha, is just him launching 100 dragons made of cosmo out his hands.

The speed of light part may be bullshit.

But the Gemini Saints can indeed send you to another dimension.

They allegedly can move at lightspeed as well, Mu and Aldebaran say as much when explaining the Bronzies why they couldn't even touch the Gold Saints at the begining of the Sanctuary.

They can run as fast in normal circumstances but when they get into a territory protected by a god they can be affected by whatever restriction said god put in place (that's why it takes forever to climb the 12 houses)

then why do they even need to use planes to go from japan to greece?

The only good parts of S2 were:
>them actually going all the way with the Subaru story and keeping him as Saturn at the very end
>the resolution feeling satisfying despite them being unable to beat Saturn
>Titan vs Harbinger
>Titan vs Seiya
>Titan in general
>Seiya and Saori

Worst part was that they didn't know what to do with the huge cast, including the Gold Saints. All the main character bronzes might as well have been a single character.

Fairly sure that's not the case if we take into account that they are trying to save the god that protects that place

As someone who liked the first season way more than i should've, the second season really rustles my jimmies, i get wanting to look more like the classic and i appreciate that, but the nostalgia pandering were off the charts and the entire invasion to the city there was a clusterfuck, it's like it started without the intent of being the last stronghold but decided halfway that yes it was the final area
Thank God for Harbinger and Titan for keeping me motivated to watch it And Tohru Furuya, i love that man's voice

What were the worst parts?
>quality animation, which resulted in uninteresting fights
>terrible writing with exposition as subtle as a brick
>forgettable music
>shallow and not memorable villains besides Titan and maybe Pallas and Saturn
>I'M NO LONGER A SERVANT OF ATHENA
>I'M A SERVANT OF ROCK

He would just punch his way out.

Gold Saints would get punched out too. Most of them likely in just a single punch

The worst part was definitely the animation. It's not like S1 was amazing other than like 4-5 episodes but it looked decent enough for Toei. S2's animation was terrible all the way through.

I don't know what you're talking about

The more blood you lose, the more powerful you are

Now I don't want to finish the hades saga

Will Kurumada ever finish his manga, and the divine battle Athena vss other gods ?

Originaly, he planned to draw it.

Abel movie was the best movie.

He is currently drawing it, very slowly. Google Saint Seiya Next Dimension.

PEGASASU FANTASHEE

>golden armors just a power boost or is the saint who is the strong one?
Both.
They provide more defense and show who has the bigger cock,
Doesnt mean jack shit though when pegasus cloth is constantly drowning in athenas blood and phoenix is a special unkillable cloth.

it's like I'm watching dragon ball super.

LUZ Y LIBERTAD

Sorry, I'm a spic and don't know the 日本語 version

DESEJOS A REALIZAR

Sanctuary is the best part of the Hades saga. It's all downhill from there though.

He also supervises Okada over Episode G - Assassin.

I stopped watching it like 7 years ago for some reason
I remember the protags meeting a dude that throws boulders at them or something like that

The Hades Judges are only three but are stronger than an average Gold. And a number of non-Judge Specters seem to fight at Gold Saint level, even in the original series.

>kind of hard to believe only athena's saints has unlocked the 7 and 8th sense
Whenever a warrior for other god can fight on that level, I assume they're using 7th sense too. I don't know if it's mentioned in any of the Asgard arcs, but they definitely do mention light speed. And there's no way the Hell Judges don't have 7th sense.

Athena is the goddess of warfare and strtegy so she has the best boys. Also, she's basically the only one who likess humans, so the others probably just don't try to gather an rmy.

You figured the gods wouldve learned by now to not piss off the pegasus user since he goes offing gods left and right

Pretty sure the judges are at the same level of gold saints, Radamanthys only rekt the 3 dudes because of the barrier in Hades castle, once he fought Kanon outside of it he had trouble

The Dragon constellation is Greek, traditional Chinese astronomy had different ones. But Greek dragons don't have wings, either.

Also, I don't know why they don't call him Draco, when they use Cygnus instead of Swan.

Only the current Pegasus has killed gods, the previous ones probably managed to punch one or two at most.

Seiya's attack was shown to be long-distance

Kanon and Saga are some bullshit though. We never get a definite matchup but they're at least as strong as Aioria, who is supposed to be the strongest of the regular golds in sanctuary arc.

Ah I knew I forgot someone. Yeah he's also up there. I think he may have gotten stronger just for the sake of the Hades arc.

But is he shooting cosmo long-distance, or just a regular range punch that's so strong that the physical effects fuck shit up from afar?

>Aioria, who is supposed to be the strongest of the regular golds in sanctuary arc.

>Shaka
>Stronger than Kanon and Saga
Loving every laugh.

>Aioria, who is supposed to be the strongest of the regular golds in sanctuary arc.
Meant to ask: when the fuck did they ever imply that?

Pegasus has never killed a major Olympian. He put a wound on Hades in the 18th century holy war and again in the 20th century. He did kill Thanatos but the God of Death doesn't count among the 12 Olympian Gods.

When you think about it Saint Seiya more or less invented the shounen rescue arc.

Tied with Saga

Aiolia was never the strongest. All hype and status goes to Saga and Shaka. Repeatedly said Gemini Gold Saints have the most power and strength while Shaka is the Gold Saint closest to God. Hell Saga is also called the Demigod and a godkiller. Saga killing Shion in rage was because he admitted Saga was more powerful then Aiolia but was still not mature enough to be his successor.

It's kind of the same thing I guess. Cosmo causes the effect of strong air pressure, or something.

It's actually different but a lot more specific: the Sanctuary and Soul Society are the exact same. Down to the Captain/Gold Saint cocksucking that the manga later on became.

Deathmask WAS supposed to be the strongest Gold Saint before Kurumada retconned it.

During the Shiryu Vs. Deathmask fight, at one point he says "How could you hit me, Deathmask, who is the strongest among the Gold Saints?"

Don't they say the same about Aphrodite being the strongest?

All top-tier Cosmo Warriors have awakened the Seventh Sense.
In Lost Canvas there is a Specter with the 8th Sense.

Omega Seiya probably did kill whole pantheons at that point

Why is Chronos/Saturn always used as the strongest God? He is the final boss of Next Dimension and was the final boss (who they didn't even beat) in Omega. Is it because Uranus sounds dumb?

Shaka couldn't defeat Aiolia.

the God of Time sounds more menacing than the God of Sky.

Chronos is also tied to a number of events in Lost Canvas, because he sealed his brother Kairos

There isn't a painting of Uranus as a horrible monster eating his son.