Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Will we ever get any good boss monsters in these last episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ozNTOIqrEIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reiji is for ___.

Rage.

This has always been a stupid complaint. The oversea duelists were just as much GX characters as the original cast. The original cast were around for most of season 3. Johan actually disappeared episodes before them and by the time he came back and wasn't possessed Manjoume had already came back and talked to Shou. The Jim and O'Brien section was less than 10 episodes. It was more like 5. The whole original cast didn't die. Chronos, Hell Kaiser and Shou were still around. Kenzan and Fubuki weren't around in the beginning of GX. Just Manjoume and Asuka so you're complaining about two characters if you're bitching about OC. Judai's friends getting killed was to push his character out of its static direction and worked so well it propelled him to his incredibly high popularity. Even people who hate GX love the last 2 arcs.

Just 3 more episodes. Penultimate cast list in a few days. We are really approaching the end here.

Just need to live through 3 more weeks of this bullshit

>oversea duelists
Point is - they weren't needed, except maybe for Johan.
Ryo and Fubuki could easily play O'Brian's (coward duelist) and Jim's (special power user) roles.
Heck, they could explore Manjoume living with a ton of Duel Spirits instead of bringing another Spirit Duelist and make Shou ded friend instead of Johan.
That would work the same way without taking away the spotlight from usual cast.

They need to sell cards and archetypes, nig-nog.

And then you'll get more bullshit because VRAINS starts airing.

It has been 511 days since Yuzu's final duel against Sergey. A duel which she lost and then became a damsel in distress plot-device soon after.

They even made any OVA from Arc-V?

>Yugioh anime
>OVAs
Unless they're made to shill specific cards or an event like the Zexal OVA, there's never going to be any made you mong

Except they were needed. Did you miss the entire point of the early part of that arc? They were showing that there were other schools out there with big name duelists. Ryo was Hell Kaiser at that point and Fubuki being a coward wouldn't make sense given his character. Fubuki had no special powers so he didn't fit that role either.
The other spirits Manjoume lived with didn't show up after that one episode. Only the Ojamas and Ojama Yellow stuck around after Manjoume was gone.
You don't seem to understand character roles or even the characters themselves at all. Judai's friends died to push his character and show consequences to his selfish actions. Judai had always done things on impulse and it finally bit him in the ass. He was hardheaded and didn't listen to anyone. You had to kill people who'd always been around him like Manjoume, Asuka and Kenzan. Their closeness to Judai nails the point home. Shou surviving was due to him being the closest to Judai. The person who'd admired Judai more than anyone finally got fed up with his shit. Shou keeping his distance from Judai and only watching him instead of being in those situations was development for both of their characters.

I almost feel inclined to do an 3 hour analysis on Arc-V, and how it set its own failure from the get go, but I'm tired. Would you be interested in something like that?

Yes.

Yes.

>Did you miss the entire point of the early part of that arc? They were showing that there were other schools out there with big name duelists.
That wasn't really relevant to anything, and we were already aware about other duel schools.
>Ryo was Hell Kaiser at that point and Fubuki being a coward wouldn't make sense given his character. Fubuki had no special powers so he didn't fit that role either.
Ryo became Hell Kaiser because he was afraid of losing. Him fearing Supreme King would make sense. Fubuki was the vessel of Darkness for quite a long time.
>The other spirits Manjoume lived with didn't show up after that one episode
Which is a shame.
>You had to kill people who'd always been around him like Manjoume, Asuka and Kenzan. Their closeness to Judai nails the point home.
You mean people who for whatever reason shat at Judai at the start of the season for "speaking with himself" and who were more or less distant with him? They didn't show their bond in this season at all.
>Shou surviving was due to him being the closest to Judai.
Johan was way closer at that point.
>Shou keeping his distance from Judai and only watching him instead of being in those situations was development
Shou became independant in his pursuit of Ryou already at that point.

Shou was fucking shit and should have been left as a relic of the first season like the fat koala fuck.

There was the 4K requested movie Pyramid of Light for DM.
Assault Mode alternate Yusei vs Jack duel for 5D's.
Some shit about an Olympic athlete for Zexal.

GX had a planned movie about the cast facing against the DM guys thanks to some misunderstanding, but Kaz pussied out.

If it's at least medium-quality editing and you don't have a nasal speaking tone, I would like that.

Putting Aside for Now.

>Needed to Sell Archetypes
>Still no Fossil Fusion or Fossil Cards
>Easily the most important of the 3 new students excluding Johan

???

How is the Olympic Special?

I forgot I skipped it entirely.

They wanted to bring back Atem in the film, but Kaz didn't want that, yet. The rest of the movie, such as the Society of Light and Saio were spread out over Season 2.

They must save something for later collector's pack, silly user. Same reason we don't get the oricalcos guys cards, or many support cards from 5d's, timelords, idk what from zexal, etc...

>That wasn't really relevant to anything, and we were already aware about other duel schools.

It was relevant to Viper's plan and meant to draw out Judai's potential.

>Ryo became Hell Kaiser because he was afraid of losing. Him fearing Supreme King would make sense. Fubuki was the vessel of Darkness for quite a long time.

Ryo didn't care about losing after being Hell Kaiser. He just wanted to fight strong opponents. Having him bitch up against Haou would not only destroy his aura but it would prevent his duel against Yubel from happening.

>Which is a shame.

They were excess weight on a show that already had alot of characters

>You mean people who for whatever reason shat at Judai at the start of the season for "speaking with himself" and who were more or less distant with him? They didn't show their bond in this season at all.

Bullshit. Judai hung out with Kenzan, Manjoume and Asuka all season. They didn't shit on Judai for speaking with himself. Kenzan and Shou couldn't see spirits so they didn't get it. That has nothing to do with their bond. There bond was build up over 2 seasons in the case of Asuka, Manjoume and Shou and one season in the case of Kenzan.

>Johan was way closer at that point.

Shou and Judai had been together for 3 seasons at that point. Shou was the person who was always on Judai's side no matter what. He was Judai's closest friend. Judai and Johan had a different connection.

>Shou became independant in his pursuit of Ryou already at that point.

No he didn't. Shou was still clinging to Judai and following Judai at that point. He didn't become independent until Judai got the others killed and after he talked to Ryou following the Doom Dozer attack.

I don't think you'd need 3 hours unless you're going to start nitpicking at every tiny thing.

Also if you don't have a good speaking voice for this kind of thing, I'd rather just read the script/essay.

I'm on the same situation, I forgot about it at the time.
It's honestly the only Yu-Gi-Oh! related thing I never watched. Well, that and whatever that 4K requested Capsule Monsters thing was.
I wonder if it had any new monsters that saw printing.

>I almost feel inclined to do an 3 hour analysis on Arc-V, and how it set its own failure from the get g

I feel like Standard juggled Yuya, Sora, Yuzu, and Reiji just fine.

>Capsule Monsters

Reminder Ono directed this too. So he already raped the DM characters years before he raped Arc-V legacy characters. He's truly a monster.

It's non-canon and not worth it unless you're into nippon olympic athletes for some reason. Honestly I'm not sure why Yugioh ever got chosen to promote a sports athlete

What other series promote twinks and homosexuality to kids?

it's not about the juggling, but the expectation vs delivery problem. Arc-V did a wonderful job to setting itself as a promising story, and that is as guilty as its own failure.
Just look at Gx, it kept its mild mediocre one till the very end, and some even argue that it improved. People usually prefer improvement over a demotion in quality.

>manjoume X Kaiba

What would be cool desu.

Do it faggot

>good boss monsters
the only good boss monster is having three of them or expendable ones, because kaijus exist

alternatively you could have a boss monster that can't be targeted, destroyed by battle or card effects and can't be tributed

Oh sure, but the guy I'm responding to said Arc-V "set itself up for failure from the start."

I think it set itself up for greatness but dropped the ball at Synchro onwards.

Wow, I thought that shit was all 4kids Idea.

Thanks, Ono.

Looking at the series as a whole, setting itself to be great, but failing miserably at doing so it's the same as setting itself up to failure, because it couldn't deliver what it had promised.
The amount of work and planning that was required to make arc-v a memorable show was underestimated, and I bet there was a lot of pressure from konami executives to shill specific cards. One is at fault, but not completely.

>The original Japanese version of the series has not been made public. Despite never airing in Japan, it is included on Studio Gallop's website with the title "Yu-Gi-Oh! ALEX.

I mean, is it really a loss?

No, I just find it hilarious that the Japs that made it realized it was so bad that they'd rather sit on it for the rest of time than air it in Japan.

So Yusuke is a hacker that solves crimes by unlocking clues in the Cyvernet, under the guise of "Playmaker".

Do you think VRAINS is going to play it safe and take a spin on Ghost in the Shell's plot, or are they going to try and succeed where the Matrix failed by adding in a shit-ton of unnecessary Eastern esoteric religious symbolism?

I think it'll be zexal 2.0. A new hacker has appeared, solve it yusaku!

Now that we're 3 episodes away from Arc-V's finale, which series' ending gave you the biggest feels? Because let's be honest, it sure as hell won't be Arc-V.

>implying any of them surpasses DM

>Do you think VRAINS is going to play it safe and take a spin on Ghost in the Shell's plot, or are they going to try and succeed where the Matrix failed by adding in a shit-ton of unnecessary Eastern esoteric religious symbolism?
You just sound obscenely silly. It's going to be like Applimon where there's some one-off villain of the week making trouble in cyberspace that Yusaku and his sidekick have to take care of.

The show describes him as a hacker, but after the first 2-3 episodes, the 'hacking' is just him going into VR space to duel the threat of the week. His computer skills are just there to remove arbitrary obstacles to answer the question of why any other average joe couldn't take care of the weekly villain.

This is the optimistic scenario, by the way

>This card gains 500 ATK for each monster in its Linked Zone. During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a card(s) you control: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters in this card's Linked Zone; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

it's shit.

Zexal's, but more on a good sense of feels

just kaiju it haha
ban all kaijus

What do you think Gameciel's feet smell like? haha
Just wondering haha

fish
kaijus ruined the game
moreso than anything else ever before

Post absolute yfw VRAINS ends up being the best YGO series ever made I mean we know it's not but just for fun please?

Personally I like Zexal's ending the best, but they all have a fantastic conclusion.
At this point I'm not really expecting anything out of Arc-V, but I hope the manga version will bring something good.

Best Yugioh girl passing through

I'd punch her right in the nose the moment she opens her mouth to say kattobingu

I'll do it then. I'll start to analyze it, and I'll record it all after Arc-V is done.

Best of luck mate

Yeah, in fact i won't be breaking down just Arc-V, technically, but the whole shonnen genre, but with particular details of arc-v, and the places where it went wrong.

i just want kaijus to cease existing

ey

kinky

The rocket was carrying the banlist, wasn't it?

movie rip when

NAC is on it right now. Should be ready in a day or two.

DM's felt like the most complete conclusion to a story. Zexal did give me some feels though.

5Ds ending made me feel nothing but anger

GX's was alright.

Why wouldn't they let her duel exactly?

Please please stop reminding me of the hope I got for the series when I saw OPs 2 and 3 way back when

Feel the pain user

Feel it. In your soul.

youtube.com/watch?v=ozNTOIqrEIc
>When we thought Yuya, Yuzu and Gon confirmed for mains
>"Oh shit, MIERU'S BACK!"
>LDS was actually interesting
>Sawatari felt like he would have potential as a growing rival
>"WHAT THE FUCK, IS THAT A SYNCHRO YUYA!? 5DS REFERENCES?
>A FUSION YUYA
>ROCKETS!?
>WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST SEASON EVER

And we were right. It really was the best season. Only that one

>Thread is ded

Oh thank god

Do you think Serena ever thought about cock?

She knows a juicy tomato when she sees one.

getting fucked over by link summoning

This. DSOD only tripled the feels.

Yusaku is not lewd, he's pure!

Stop bumping the dead thread please

I missed GX when it aired, should I watch it?

what the hell moot? that's not the pic I posted

Yes, and WTF is this bullshit?

Dude, I'm really confused right now. What's the context of that and the relation with yugioh?

I posted this picture, don't know why it showed something else, it even says duplicate so I'm changing the format

> HOLY SHIT REBELLION DRAGON IS FIGHTING CLEAR WING IN THE SKY SO HYPE
I'm more hurt about this compared to the rocket

And what's the picture even supposed to mean?

>The first time Arc-V fans were cucked was Yuya forcing Yuto to abruptly finish his turn with still three cards in hand and leaving himself wide open

That was our first clue!

DM made me felt good, GX made me cry like a baby, and I didn't saw the others series.

Yes, but just be warned that:

S1: SOL with card games
S2: Shit
S3/1: Judai discovers his homosexuality
S3/2: Shit got serious
S4: Feels, nostalgia and depression.

Is there any of those watch guides as there is with 5Ds and Zexal?

Here you go, but I don't really recommend you skipping first season episodes, even if they're fillers or just stupid subplots, they still nice episodes.

But the s2 episodes though...

>S2
>Shit

You have shit taste.

got the 5Ds guide?

Not him but I got you, senpai.

S2 looks empty and everyone just became the same bland character.

And the little backgrond music that plays everytime that the retard show up is annoying as fuck, shiveru guy tier.

GX was my favorite.

scarf kun's host in the material plane

>Still no gif of scarf-kun's lp reaching zero

Might as well complete the circle and post the Zexal one

>I leave Auska to you
>Let's meet again somewhere, Okay?