Haikyuu 245

How far can Karasuno go in the nationals? At this point I'm expecting them to lose to Neko or the Little Giant then introduction of a new 1st years after the 3rd years graduate, into a training arc for the 1st/2nd years

I hope they win and the manga ends.

Removing mains and introducing new characters this late into the game always ends up wrongly.

We'd have to go through another qualifier arc and then another nationals arc afterwards and fuck that.

With the way the stories progressing Hinata will probably have another training arc, but I agree the story usually does go to shit for 90% of these sports mangas once the 3rd years leave. I don't see how the author can keep it interesting if they lose here, if he tries to pull a Diamond no Ace (the new team don't mesh and they spend half the year building chemistry) I can see the ratings plummet.

I'm almost certain though with the high anime sales that this series will continue on

This so much.
If they lose to some random 2stronght4u i'll drop this instantly

You might as well drop it now because no way is SJ gonna let Haruichi finish the manga when it's constantly ranked in the top 5 every week.

The will add the other 2nd year who was foreshadowed to be the new captain and another 1st year to the lineup.

Sadly enough.

They will either lose to Nekoma or beat Nekoma and get destroyed the next round.

Whatever happens though I doubt I'll continue reading afterwards.

What if it ends but a year later Furudate starts a sequel series?

At first I thought Karasuno would lose to Itachiyama, but it seems pretty likely they'll lose to that ugly little fucker.

I read it differently so far. The whole point is that they will be able to go through Nekoma right now, also while the old Nekoma coach is still there, then move on. I don't think they will be able to beat Fukurodani, though.

That is a 50/50 chance, but will surely be a highlight of the arc.

Sadly the manga is too popular to end even if the author wanted. I feel this is why he's throwing all these new characters in and hoping they'll get popular enough to replace the outgoing 3rd years.

I feel pretty confident Karasuno will defeat Nekoma but lose to one of the new rival teams. Little Giant, Miya, and Sakusa are being hyped up too much. Really makes me wonder where Fukurodani falls into all this.

I guess it's too break through... predictability? One of the most obvious weakness of Haikyuu have always been its predictability, so maybe Haruichi is trying to subvert some idea the readers have about any matchs with Fukurodani.

I may be the only one who cares more about the other teams than Nekoma. I said in a previous thread that this tournament was about the match with Nekoma. Next year it will be facing Sakusa, Hoshiumi and others.

I'm pretty much only interested in Karasuno, Fukurodani, and Nekoma but I think they are all going to lose against a new team while Itachiyama wins it all. Who loses to who is the only question.

Do any of you guys like or do play volley|?

I started playing because of it. But I kinda liked the sport before I saw Haikyuu because 4 consecutives Olympic finals is a big window of time to be exposed and grow a liking to it by osmosis.

The only way he could stop being so predictable is by not even letting Nekoma and Karasuno face each other.

This manga is gonna drag out for 10 years.

I hate how the author has to make it absolutely clear that there has to be another little giant. And there has to be TWO similar to each other to compete about this title. Like there have been so many unique rivals why force something like this?

I guess that's a way, but that's definitely not happening. Especially after all the build-up between Kenma and Hinata and the history behind the match while wanting to make it big again before Nekomata leaving.

Same. I just can play it on beaches though, and I hate it.

I agree, but it's pretty much a shonen cliche that the protagonist must have a rival that's the same as him but better at everything. I think Furudate is losing his creativity with new characters and needs this sort of cheap drama.

He's very repetitive on a lot of aspects.

Which is why I probably won't continue reading beyond nationals. I can only their 2nd and 3rd year will fall into the same patterns and introduce a bunch of rehashed characters and plot points.