How did Akame ga Kill get so popular?

How did Akame ga Kill get so popular?

because of her

and thats what triggers Sup Forums so much. If Esdeath wasn't on this series, it wouldn't have been as popular

killing waifus

It was everything everyone been asking forever, till the author didn't know what the hell to do anymore and ran out of characters and ideas.

But Sup Forums doesn't like cowtits

because most anime fans are 14

Battle shounen
Cute girls
Edge
She was the greatest mix of all three.

It's a more mature/dark seinen. Kinda like a step up from reading Naruto to reading Berserk.

This. Lots of people had been wanting an edgy series with a lot of cute waifus who get killed off and a decent MC. Then Takahiro shat himself around the time the anime came out and the whole thing just crashed and burned. He just had no idea what to do with the characters so you had someone like Budo who had been hyped so hard going out like a moronic chump. That killed the series.

>Budo who had been hyped so hard going out like a moronic chump
That was great. I love it when some hyped up character jobs to someone.

That said, I actually liked Esdeath vs Akame. But Esdeath killing the Emperor and Prime Minister and staging a coup would have been much better writing.

Edge.

it was finally a show that had consequences for fuckups

DRAGONED

>draw hot girls
>be edgy

At least Takahiro seems to have Yuki Yuuna Yuusha under control, right?

To be fair, Mine was pregnant. The PINCHI power was so goddamn high, the real question is how Esdeath and Budo weren't instantly annihilated.

It was a fun monthly read with live TL reads up until Budou jobbed/mangastream picked it up.

It was objectively bad, but it was fun to predict which character would die next.

Are you kidding? That was the best thing to happen to the manga, it killed off all the bandwagoneers and purified the threads.

The only good thread we had after that was Wave being based though. The rest has been PINCHUfags vs Esdeathfags.

Mine.

Nah. I liked all of the threads, even the small ones, because they were peaceful and quiet. Plus we had multiple fun-filled threads for the finale of the manga where all the edgefags constantly claiming Mine's death would happen "next chapter" were decisively destroyed once and for all. Honestly, on the whole I think post-anime threads had more -real- posts as opposed to the filler that infested the threads in its supposed heyday.

Came for the edge and waifu killing
Ended up with cute Wave x Kurome

Edge and fun characters mixed together with next to no plot armor, it's fun at first but after murdering the entire cast it's only natural it'd end up boring, and Takahiro is horrible at writing endings.

There was a time when it was considered as popular as Tokyo Ghoul. How times have changed.

Still, what was the author expecting? When you kill off all the likeable characters, how can you expect most of the readers to stick around?

Don't care, I know what was the only thing I liked.

Glad the author also liked them and did justice in the end.

Esdeath primarily. When she got all dere, popularity sored for her to turn to tatsumi's side but when she lost the bowl, popularity dropped a bit.

Then at the same time, too many popular characters got killed.
Then there was the hype of budo, only for him to be taken down because 'he does not train regulary anymore' or because 'he wants to capture them' or being fooled by a fake trump card. All this from the empires equal strongest and he got jobbed so bad it was pitiful.

then there was samurai guy who got owned way too easily despite his own hype. and there was no reason for alchemy danger beasts, they got wiped way too easily.

Mine turned into a veggie instead of dying against budo and wakes up to have dragon sex? that didnt make any sense.

Ultimate teigu was another jobber even with upgrade.
Wave barlely helped as much as he could of.
Akame was way too OP
Esdeath was killed, somewhat decent but for someone so experienced to just leave herself vulnerable to get her arm cut.
Tatsumi is saved by cheap akame 'sensing' and piercing the dragon part of him? like how?
Leone continuesling jobbing and all of a sudden gets a power up? it might of killed her but still, she jobbed WAY too much.

Everything was good until Mine confessed, then things picked up a bit because of it but everything crashed sometime after budo or samurai got killed.

I remember when the anime ended and everyone claimed it was the shittiest writing ever, then the manga did basically the exact same shit while also asspulling the MC to survive.

It was Japan's Game of Thrones.

Probably Esdeath.

Are there anyone here who can read moon here? The fanbook has a 9 pages long special chapter.

Wild Hunt was handled poorly in general.

>Half the squad is killed in one fucking chapter.

>Syura doesn't even get a fight using his Teigu

>Cosmina's new body is said to be able to eventually match Shikoutazer in power...except no, Tatsumi kills her again off screen.

>Dorothea actually pulls a nice fight against Leone, only to die because Leone decides to double tap even though they've never doubletapped anyone before.

>Izou was hyped to be strong enough to cover the losses of half the team despite not having a Teigu, implied to be Esdeath's equal in pure bloodlust, and showed some honor when he killed Lubbock, only to get one shotted by Akame having accomplished absolutely nothing of value.

I'd actually liked to have seen Wild Hunt just chilling out with each other in a non rape scenario. That one panel where they're all eating fruit together is great.

It was non shitty shonen till Asspullsio.

Wild Hunt was cancerous in general, you are probably the only one who cares about them or wanted anything from them in the first place.

That's GoT for me, after season 5 I just stopped caring.

Was that why her power was so high cause she was pregnant?

because of the exdeath magnet

Esdeath was perfection, she should have won, but that hack author made her stupid in the final fight.

When will Esdeath clone get her own anime?

I just wanted Esdeath to win.

This.

started off with berserk now everything is shit help pls

that's a doozy

A combination of Esdeath having a GOAT character design, a pretty nice personality (especially when she gets lovey-dovey around Tatsumin) and the fact that in a landscape of talk-no-jutsu battle shonen Akame ga Kill wasn't afraid to kill off main characters. Also it was a fun ride.

That doesn't make it good, but it explains the popularity.

The beginning arc was really good and a nice change of pace from other stories with a similar premise, Esdeath was the icing on the cake. Also, most of the characters were interesting, but all of the good ones were dead by the end, in the beginning it was entertaining to see so many named characters drop like flies but it just went downhill eventually. .

>Also, most of the characters were interesting

Interesting for one-note shonen tropes in a world with little plot armor.

Not him but if they existed they may as well be put to some decent use, Wild hunt would have been a little funner if there was some more Jaeger members alive, just imagine justice being around for their shit.

What is with authors making really sexy women not the main girl? There's very little deviation from this.

Akame wasn't sexy enough for you?

Esdeath deserves her own manga, better character than the shit we get in the 200/300+ episode shows.

Because the author is a lolicon. True shut, Mein is his waifu. Anyone else would have shot her.

But she was shit. I don't understand why people liked her so much.

Because she panders the worst kind: underage and simple-minded facebooktards.

She was literally the Bieber of Akame ga Kill.

The type of person that goes "Why doesn't he fuck Esdeath, what kinda faggot is Tatsumi?".

Femdomfags love her.

Post death scenes

Literally no taste in women. Go fap to pre-puberty children some.

>Literally no taste in women.
Careful, everyone. We have an EGGSPERT here.

This is a married couple

Goddamnit Budo, YOU HAD ONE JOB

Where is this from?

Japan

Akg Zero artist

So this entire manga was all about taking down a corrupt empire which is done by an Assassin organization which is really a rebellion group.

This manga actually had its own world it had so much potential than just this shitty empire.

>Assassin organization which is really a rebellion group.
Remember when they robbed Tatsumi blind and forced him to join under the threat of death?

And they are the good guys?

I'm just glad Tatsumi ended up giving Mine the dragon dick and living happily ever after.

Najenda was ex military along with Bulat, the rest are fucking sociopaths in denial except Schere.

He picked the literal worst girl in the whole series.

>no lioncubs running around Papa Tatsumis legs

Tatsumi should have impregnated every girl in Night Raid and make them all of his wives.

And Mdesu (whatever her name is)

by having exdeath the bestdesu

Only Mine can handle the dragon dick

>frail, weak, pathetic body
>always had to be saved

More pinchi = more powerful
Tatsumi dragon dick can handle her pinchi body?

You forgot the nonsensical bullshit which was Pumpkin. Aslo, she was a textbook tsundere and nothing more.

>More pinchi = more powerful
Then why does she need to saved all the time? Clearly she would be the most powerful when she is at the brink of death.

Pinchi is love
Pinchi is live

>picking a flat underage girl over a delicious woman
Ultragay

This is the cancershit version. Post that other one instead.

Esdeathfag your waifu is only dust now.

>how to piss off everyone at once

And it was beautiful.

You forgot this

And this

In that timeframe Esdeath could have impaled Akame with an ice projectile isnt plot just amazing?

Goodnight sweet princess

Reminder that the anime is superior to the manga, even with Takahiro's attempts at sabotaging it.

Nah, Tatsumi becoming a dragon and giving Mine the dragon dick blew the anime's ending out of the park.

0/10 for pedophile ending

Fanbook only 9 pages??. I expected they gave us more illustatrions than that.

Dragon ending is okay, but he never gave Mine any dragon dick. Only boring, old Tatsu dick.

What with the stupid dragon dick talk?
Tatsumi had sex with mine way before he was captured.

Mine is one year older than Tatsumi and probably at the end fo the manga She 18-19 years old.

Midget syndrome?

We don't now that yet. Wait for the sequel.

>18-19 years old.
Fat chance. She's not a day above 11.

because westerners typed kill la kill and clicked the wrong link

essentially, a trick anime

>koro

delete this