en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_centers_of_Christianity#Jerusalem
youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7nD_QNeKA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't. I'm glad it isn't.

Jesus was a real historical figure.

was he though?
ive heard the romans have no record of crucifiing a jesus of nazaret

He's mentioned enough to where they say he most likely existed but it's not like we have hundreds of sources for him, just a few

I kind of do too
it's a captivating story

They always try to make him look like a wimp

nazareth*

stoopid germ

It is

they crucified tons of war messiahs / war christs (men that said they were going to free jews from the romans) and that was symbolized by jesus barabbas who was called a murderer and the jews freed him instead of jesus.

the jesus of christianity came to open people's eyes to truth, not to create an earthly kingdom.

Yeah lad, there's more proof of the Dresden bombings then Jesus's crucifixion.

That doesn't matter. Only people who were famous during their day are mentioned in history books from that time; and few of them at that.

For example... go back in your family 50 generations. You know that your grandfather^48 existed, because YOU exist.

But can you prove he existed? Can you find any historical records to PROVE he exists?

He is risen.

It is, brother.

Search for the Truth and you will find It.
God bless you and merry Christmas!

I also wish the Romans killed more Jews.

It's real, bud. You're only getting a glimpse of the ultimate truth, though. That's why it's hard for the logical mind to process. I recommend speaking with a trusted religious leader about faith. I also recommend Kent Hovind debates. I'm not 100% creationist. I believe in the Lord's Divine Spark that started evolution, but the points he makes tend to appeal to the analytical since he is an analytical person himself. The guy's a scientist. He makes a lot of sense.

Jesus isn't real but the things the Bible says will happen are generally accurate.
ie sodomites are terrible people, drunks and gluttons live terrible lives
and most relevantly the Jew will eventually be found out and destroyed.

Read the talmud you fucks killed him

It is real, Jesus IS our Lord, the light of the world.

>implying that it's from the exact date
>implying that it's of a specific person
>implying it's the exact person they worship
>implying that not every person alive then had beards and long hair
>implying that without original DNA, they still can confirm who's DNA it is
>implying that because there's no longer a body in it, that the body must have resurrected
>implying the person who was once in that sheet must have magical powers
>implying there are people implying that it's a forgery

Hey guys, I found a dead and preserved bat. Dating shows it to be from around the 1400's.
Well, guess that means Count Dracula and all of the legends associated with it must be true...

the Romans didn't keep records of every petty criminal who they executed, and even if they did what are the odds of a single document from the far reaches of the empire surviving 2000 years

>"if it's real in millions of people's minds then it's real"-JFK

praise be to god, there is many many facts supporting the son of god. just look and you will find it.

the true face

Fuck jesus

It was real

FYI Jesus was white

he loves you no matter what user the day will come when you meet him at the gates,

Where is it from? The shroud?

These only report on Christian claims about Jesus. They are not primary sources.

It is real.
If you have ears let them hear.

Roman Historian Tacitus

yes and the fact that jesus was nor white nor black he was ethnicaly arab, if you look at the oldest depictions dating back to the first churches ie im being up the murals, all the depictions of christ are extreamly close ie they look like middle eastern. praise be to god user.

Thanks and yes, praise be!

they report that there was a man named Jesus who was crucified.

Today he is born.

Arabs didn't have a community in Iudea until the XVII century.

Yes. But not as a primary source. They report what people told them.

What did the Roman General say Jesus looked like?

have you actually read them? and the vast vast majority of historians believe the historical Jesus existed anyway

What?

Yes. I'm not denying Jesus existed. I wanted to comment on this misconception about sources on Jesus..

do you deny the crucifixion?

No. The resurrection.

we know He was crucified and died, and His followers were claiming He rose from the dead, so where's the body? If it was still in the grave the Romans and Pharisees could just say "look! there he lay, dead!". But since they didn't we can confirm it was empty. So He either was resurrected or His body was stolen. And if you believe the gospels you know that the grave as covered by a stone slab and guarded by Roman soldiers. So how could the Apostles best professional soldiers and move the slab, and why wouldn't this be known to the Romans? If you knew your soldiers were killed you would record it and punish the people who did it (obviously the apostles) but none of the apostles were wanted for murder of Roman soldiers.

>If it was still in the grave the Romans and Pharisees could just say "look! there he lay, dead!". But since they didn't we can confirm it was empty. So He either was resurrected or His body was stolen
This is so dishonest. We have zero evidence of christianity emerging in Jerusalem at the time where this could still be checked and we have no idea whether it happened. Since the gospels contain objective lies and falsehoods even christians admit you can take these with a grain of salt. Unless however you WANT to believe it or pretend to for other reasons.

>objective lies
post them

>We have zero evidence of christianity emerging in Jerusalem at the time where this could still be checked and we have no idea whether it happened.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_centers_of_Christianity#Jerusalem

He is very much real, and He wants you to join you in His Kingdom, user.

accept Christ, watch this video on Our Mother: youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7nD_QNeKA

The census that never happened for one.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_centers_of_Christianity#Jerusalem
>according to the book of acts
Which has zero bearing on the question about his grave.

The million dollar question:

Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said,
“Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart,
and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell.
But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
This means that God can legally dismiss their case:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift.
Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.

On the topic of evidence for Jesus:
Besides Tacitus' emotional comments on Nero, he is thought to source all of his comments based on Roman annals. That such a movement existed within his life (58-120AD) that made a harsh claim to a Roman governor and is treated as fact is best explained by historicity of the man.

Beyond this we do have Josephus' writings. The only alteration in regards to Jesus is assuming he believed the divinity of Christ. Origen quotes Josephus before alterations happened and the whole "james brother of jesus" and his baptism segments are irrevocably true and have been reviewed and confirmed by non-christian academics time and time again.

Else, we have:
- Pre-Pauline hymns of Jesus resurrection (1 Corinthians 15) that date from weeks to months after the death of Jesus within the same year
- Pre-Pauline hymns of Jesus as God (Philippians 2)
- Peter's speech in Acts 2
- Paul's conversation with James the brother of Jesus and Peter in Galatians
- Pre-Markan Narrative of the resurrection
- Mark's preservation of Jesus Aramaism
- Mark's preservation of Peter's embarrassments presupposes Jesus existence
- Multiple attestation of the sermon on the mount and of John the Baptist
- Suetonius mentions Christ having instigated the Jews against the Roman

You're not going to find hardly any professional historians who dispute the existence of Jesus. Bart Ehrman, who is known for being extremely critical of Christianity, only notes two people in relevant fields becoming notable for such a position. It's not a tenable position in modern historian circles. It's like trying to argue that Hannibal or Boudicca or Alexander didn't exist.

Historicity is probability based and there is no better understanding of the coming of Christianity than the historicity of Jesus.

you said
>This is so dishonest. We have zero evidence of christianity emerging in Jerusalem at the time where this could still be checked and we have no idea whether it happened

which is why I posted that, it refuted your statement completely, it wasn't about the grave it was about Christianity in Jerusalem

>The census that never happened for one.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius

cIa plz go

The author of acts was neither in Jerusalem nor a christian at any time when christians and jews in Jerusalem could still proove whether or not Jesus' grave was empty.

>it refuted your statement completely, it wasn't about the grave it was about Christianity in Jerusalem
>We have zero evidence of christianity emerging in Jerusalem at the time where this could still be checked
Did you consider reading my sentence you fucking moron?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius
>but Luke places the census within the reign of Herod the Great, who died 10 years earlier in 4 BCE
Are you a troll? If your goal is to push people off you're succesfull if you're a christlarper I recommend shutting your mouth instead of embarrassing christianity with your stupidity.