CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL

>IT IS CHRISTMAS

TODAY IS THE BIRTH OF THE LORD JESUS AND THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE START OF CHRISTIANITY COMING VIA THE LORD. GET EXCITED.
Here are your daily readings.
usccb.org/bible/readings/122517-vigil.cfm
Here is the recording of the Midnight Mass at the Vatican.
youtube.com/watch?v=SddERo0b8bA
Here is the transcript of the Midnight Mass homily.
w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/homilies/2017/documents/papa-francesco_20171224_omelia-natale.html

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7mkDbyzlbg
bbc.com/news/world-europe-42475252
youtube.com/watch?v=ezQjNJUSraY
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c2a2.htm
2012portal.blogspot.com/
openbible.info/topics/homosexuality
archive.is/XzMOp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't be a papist. Begom Ordodox. Or else.

Merry Christmas, Catholics.

No. But this is for you, have a merry Christmas.

I know, user. We just had our Body & Blood ceremony the other day. Now we sit, stand, then kneel. After, we will turn to one another and say "peace be with you". All Hail Francis!

Merry Christmas

youtube.com/watch?v=W7mkDbyzlbg

Merry christmas christian brothers and sisters!
Thank you Mary for delivering our savior.
Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice

>being antagonizing and disingenuous on fucking Christmas
What the hell, user

No Problem user. I'm a self hating catholic.

This is very good so far, thanks.

>tfw 3rd Christmas without mom and plenty to follow unless I will DO IT
Oh, wait, suicide is a mortal sin.
Damn....

Also the snake room

user, that's terrible.
That pain of losing someone will stay with you, I know. Struggle doesn't go away, nor does love. What comes, if you press on with trust, is endurance. Endurance produces character. And character produces hope.
user, I'm very sorry for your loss. Be strong.

Thinking about joining in 2018. What process should I go through? Which bible should I read?

Don't make her see that. She's with you user. Be strong for Mom.

Step 1.
Read the bible. I recommend KJV.

Step 2.
Find a church who's doctrine is in line with the bible. I recommend reading their website. Especially if they have an about us section.

Id recommend going to a local church and seeing the priest for advice on that. Dunno where you can find a catholic seat of higher rank like bishop or whatnot in protestant bongistan but try that too since smaller parishes will have their own idiosyncrasies

There is only one Bible, user. And I belive you ment the Gospels? Read every 4 of them. Gospel of Luke is my favourite, John is the 2nd one.

Wow that's beautiful

Catholic parishes have this thing called RCIA (Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults). It's basically Intro to Catholicism classes where you can ask as much as you like. It ends in your Baptism at Easter.
If you want to look into information on the faith I can provide sources of information that will be valuable and also answer questions if you give me a topic.

>What bible?
Recommended version would be the NABRE. Douay-Rheims is the recommended for precision since it's a direct translation from the Latin Vulgate (the authoritative bible for Catholics) but it's choppy since it's a direct translation. NABRE is the most recommended as its written much smoother while retaining the same meaning.

And some advice: Protestantism removed several books from the Old Testament in Martin Luther's time. The deuterocanonical books. As such I cannot recommend you a Protestant bible like does for you. The KJV is just that.

Reminder that Catholics are the single biggest source of funding towards refugees and shitskin immigrants

Reminder that, according to the catechism of the Catholic church, Catholicism is identical to united nations globalism.

Reminder that Catholics will be the first to be exterminated on the day of the rope.

Stop being a faggot and just kill yourself. Nobody will miss you.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-9/11/14-16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

Are people exploring Christianity for the first time welcome at midnight mass?

And sorry to say, but your mother is roasting in hell for being a Catholic.

Sitting by the fire reading from my Douay-Rheims / Clementina Vulgata Bible, listening to the wind outside and the sounds of my family sleeping.

God Bless, Merry Christmas to all of you out there. You're in my prayers tonight.

For Catholic women out there, don't forget your veils.

As a curious protestant trying to learn more about catholicism can you tell me the names of which books were removed? If you have a resource about it that would be even better.

>It is Christmas
As of right now, it is not Christmas in my time zone. You could say it's Christmas Eve.

All you have to say is, it's Christmas here in _______. Can religious people go one minute without lying?

Veil won't protect them from the fire and brimstone that await them for praying to saints and worshiping Mary.

praise jesu s

this

Attending RCIA, after tonight’s mass where the father literally quoted Trump “fire and fury” as unchristian, I’m pretty sure I’m done. It was a pathetic partiasian steaming turd. I left absolutely disgusted the warm glow I felt when I got there totally left and I stared contemptfully during communion it went from a reverent thing I wanted to be a part of to absolutely nothing. Fuck the pope and fuck the current mentality of those cucks.

I wish Catholic threads could get more traction on /lit/

Merry Christmas

ESTABLISH ANTIPOPE
NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

God bless you Sup Forums may he make lot of prophecies and revelations through you

I am seriously bicurious and looking to have sex with a Catholic schoolboy, does anyone have any recommendations? What Sydney church has the hottest altar boys? I prefer uncircumcised too.

Stop spreading lies and destructive behavior. Especially on Christmas.
This seems to be a lot of work for a misunderstood premise. Catholics believe salvation is by grace, just as Protestants do. Where they differ is justification. Protestants believe justification is by faith. Catholics and Orthodox believe justification is faith and works. By this they mean that through works our faith is perfected. Would you deny that it is God which works in you both to will and to do?
Most definitely. If there's anything I can help you with, go for it m8.
God bless you user. It sounds like a blissful time. Love it.
The deuterocanonical books include:
Sirach, Tobit, Wisdom, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, and Baruch, as well as longer versions of Daniel and Esther.
You have me at a loss on the topic though, I'm sorry. I have no specific books or sites that I can use an authoritative resource on the books removed that come to mind.

>this user

Absolutely
>tfw my Catholic Church has a bell choir that did silent night as the church lights dimmed
Feels great, user

proof?

>Stop spreading lies and destructive behavior
Which was a lie? And Catholics killing themselves is not destructive. It is just saving us the trouble of killing them ourselves on the day of the rope.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-42475252
CATHOLICISM IS A MEME AT THIS POINT
THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE GONE, IF YOU WANT TO SAVE YOUR RELIGION
IT HAS BEEN MADE APPARENT MULTIPLE TIMES THAT THE VOICE OF GOD IS NOT CHANNELED THROUGH THIS MAN
THIS NEEDS TO END

mary doesnt matter read luke 11:27

Thanks for all the info, lads. My mother is religious, but never instilled such values. You’re all very helpful. Merry Christmas.

Literally just try to find another Church. I went to Latin mass once where the whole homily was the priest defending the travel ban and Trumps authority/obligation to his country. It was great. It’s not church policy to be partisan, it’s just a bad human priest. Sorry that happened to you.

Merry Christmas to the only tripfag who isn't insufferable. I've been seeing your posts for years Wolfsheim. May God help the Church grow while bringing a peaceful end to Islam and atheism

Christianity is just a re-branded Babylonian religion. A sun cult.

Christian dont praise the sun my man

The priest at my church was saying some retarded shit about Joseph not divorcing Mary.

My family was mortified at how bad it's gotten in the church. We only go because of my grandmother.

Basically the Catholic Church has about 15-30 years to get its shit together before it's completely unsalvagable euro Lutheran teir dykes baptizing transgender refugees garbage.

"Deliver us from evil" - gone
"Peace be with you and also with you" - gone

What else did these fags at the Vatican do?

Your mom is in heaven smiling down on you right now. Don't give up!

Pray to Jesus through Mary to give you strength. This like is a drop in the bucket of eternal happiness for the righteous.

Romford church checks out!

Merry Christmas

Your priest is is terribly unethical, that's ridiculous. If it's that rough on you I'd recommend a new parish. Particularly one with a Latin Mass, as that seems to be the way to get a traditionalist group. I can't recommend you drop out of this altogether (if that is what you meant by being "done") though as what you go for is not the homily but the grace administered from the sacraments and the glory to be given to God.

I'm planning on showing up 10 minutes early to secure a spot in the back so I don't look like a total boner when people stand or recite anything.
Is there any particular etiquette I should be aware? Anything I should or should not do?

If you need to reconcile homosexuality and christianity, watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=ezQjNJUSraY

Jesus loves you, gay or straight. Just don't be a degenerate.

>read luke 11:27
so a book filled with historical falsehoods has the answers?

Think about what you are gaining from trying to destroy our faith for a second, and then kindly fuck off.

if you want to talk about mary go to the source, it's the Bible

Tf are you on about? They don’t recite the Lord’s Prayer properly at your mass? It’s not like Francis is specifically inspecting each church everywhere from Rome. That’s what Bishops are for, and some don’t have much of a grip on their priests. Try to find another church in the area if it’s really that bad.

>It’s not church policy to be partisan
Yes it is.

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c2a2.htm

>1911 Human interdependence is increasing and gradually spreading throughout the world. The unity of the human family, embracing people who enjoy equal natural dignity, implies a universal common good. This good calls for an organization of the community of nations able to "provide for the different needs of men; this will involve the sphere of social life to which belong questions of food, hygiene, education, . . . and certain situations arising here and there, as for example . . . alleviating the miseries of refugees dispersed throughout the world, and assisting migrants and their families."29

>The more prosperous nations are obliged, to the extent they are able, to welcome the foreigner in search of the security and the means of livelihood which he cannot find in his country of origin. Public authorities should see to it that the natural right is respected that places a guest under the protection of those who receive him.

Your priest is just a willful and disobedient bad Catholic.

Jesus/Sananda was not born in December, another way to confuse humanity! Does anyone follow COBRA? check out
2012portal.blogspot.com/

I should add, before someone watched the first minute or two and missing out on a blessing, that the entire argument is scripture based exegesis and not just "I know it's right because it FEELS right and because I want it to be."

It's 10/10 biblical logic.

HOMOSEXUALITY=Automatic Degeneracy
Die Heretic.
openbible.info/topics/homosexuality

Hey look another one.

>woman with child looks like a woman with child
>case closed
Unassailable logic.

His mother is in hell, burning for eternity

>Deliver us from evil - gone

What the fuck church are you going to? The Vatican has not sanctioned any such modification to the Lord's prayer

>"Peace be with you and also with you" - gone

Ehhh, modified. "and with your spirit" I like "and also with you" better but "and with your spirit" is a sensical change. It reaffirms the spirit as being the polity of body.

>destroy our faith
faith is a foolish concept, ONLY the truth matters

>black british cock
>archive.is/XzMOp

Archive that shit next time faggot. Also, Merry Christmas. Having a wonderful afternoon over here.

Don’t go up for communion when it starts (when all the people start lining up down to the priest and stuff). Only baptized Catholics in a state of grace can/should receive it.

Listen to the counterargument. It's better reasoned than that. As god as my witness, I believe it to be closer to his truth than your link.

nice sources

>"Don't be a degenerate"
>Is gay

Thanks for the info, man. Merry Christmas.

What I'm saying is the arguments presented in the presentation in the video prove that simply being a homosexual is not degenerate.

>doesn't know the stories behind those images and who they are
>doesn't even know the origin of his own faith
wew

>they don't recite it properly

No bngger they are changing it

They also had us do some gay holding hands and raising it it the air shit.

It's turning into some Protestant teir shit.

>TODAY IS THE BIRTH OF THE LORD JESUS
I think you're a couple thousand years off mark breh.

here

>13 yr olds posting on pol

fuck off. But you're right concerning shitskin immigrants. We need a new pope, a based one.

Your (and my country's) Protestant churches are by the way even worse. You can look fortward to your first tranny priests soon, Protestant Cuck.

Disagreed, simply stop being gay.
Have you also not heard of temptation, and abstinence?
I also don't want to listen to a gay degenerate for one hour.

Papal encyclicals/=/Church Doctrine. Every Pope has a moral/political agenda of some kind. Pope Francis tends to be more left wing than normal (although I think it’s been shown that many of his stances have been either exaggerated or flat out falsified by media trying to pretend he’s a progressive). But nowhere in the Catechism will it state a political agenda, and the Catechism is what matters. Everything else is just humans being foolish in some way or another, such as your priest.

I take it you've never studied any history of world religions?

I shit you not the retard at the alter was making the argument that the lord shouldn't deliver us from evil and it's our job or something.

That image isn't even true tho.

>angel Gabriel informed Mary that she will be conceived by the Holy Spirit
>Jesus was literally in her womb until birth
>Jesus both man and divine
>Mary as mother of Jesus
>Mary has a Son that is both man and divine
>"I will put enmity between you and the woman...she will crush the serpent's head" -Genesis
>Jesus said to the apostle while on the cross "behold your mother", saying to us that Mary is now also our mother here on earth and later both in heaven
>Jesus said to Mary when the wine was out during the wedding at Canaan "woman do you know what this means between you and me"; Jesus doing the will of the Father, even thought it was not His time yet to reveal his divine miracles yet turned water into wine just by the words of Mary
>revelations told a virgin clothed by the sun will put the moon under her feet (moon is worshipped by muslims), will conceive a child that will rule the earth. September 23(?), 2017 the alignment of the stars and planets, leo above, under it was virgo, then the sun was with the virgo and jupiter circled around inside virgo for 48 weeks, the same gestation period of a human, under the virgo was the moon.
>honor thy father and mother, except Mary the mother of Jesus, because protestants said so. Jesus the lord and God, whereas protestants does not want to think that Jesus honors His mother.

I could go on and on, I didn't include the apparitions of Mary because I know you protestants are sola scriptura, even though you omitted some books in the bible, your founders are men started by the movement of a man named luther, and the very book you worship is compiled by the Catholic Church herself. I was a dumb teen back then and protestant, but then I learned to research and read books so I became Catholic.

Merry Christmas and God Bless user

why dont you just post the sources

All of that about Horus is wrong you tard.

A Purge is needed. The Pope must go.