ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/1.html
mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/advanced-redrawing-methodes.2993177/
prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/
prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/
sensescans.com/index.php?topic=3260.0
ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/2.html
pastebin.com/87ztqQKu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So the ebookjapan script that had been passed around here stopped working, does anyone have one that works?

Works fine for me, which one are you using?

This one.
pastebin.com/AZnp0pa4

Changes lines 7 and 8 to this and see if it fixes it, you might have to reinstall the script.

// @grant GM_xmlhttpRequest
// @require ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js

[CLEANING]

coe.utah.edu/~christom/
forums.sensescans.com/index.php?topic=2814.0
ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/1.html

[REDRAWING]

mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/advanced-redrawing-methodes.2993177/

[TYPESETTING]

prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/anonblacks-typesetting-guide/
prettyanonymo.us/index.php/scanlation-resources/
sensescans.com/index.php?topic=3260.0
ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/2.html

It worked, thank you very much. I thought I was going to have to go back to screenshot stitching on photoshop.

Oh yes, also this isn't necessary but is there a way to change it so that it saves them at a lower bit PNG? PNG32 is more than what I need for manga, and I always end up saving color pages as PNG24 with photoshop and PNG-8 for B&W, but I feel like even PNG24 is more than needed, and since Photoshop doesn't have PNG16 in the save-for-web options I can't test is that's more than enough. Any ideas?

You're complaining that the quality is too high? Batch convert everything with IrfanView to PNG8 with a 256 color palette or fewer.

You can change the compression if you have it save as JPEG instead, but you probably don't want that. What I do is just move any color pages to another folder and then batch grayscale everything that's left.

No, I'm not complaining about the quality too high, I just see it as a waste of bytes for when uploading. 256 PNG-8 isn't enough for color pages, it looks like shit. PNG-24 is but sometimes I end up with 2MB 1600px pages. And there's no need to use IrfanView, since you can make an action and convert through photoshop through the batch tool.

Yeah I'd rather not save them as JPEGs. I do the same thing as you, I was just wondering if I could have the code save the whole thing specifically as 16-bit PNG and then I'd do the usual thing with the black and white pages, but leave the color alone. Again, it's no big deal just something I was curious about. A plugin for photoshop to be able to save as PNG-16 would've been fine too, but I haven't found any.

>2MB
Meant 3MB.

Is there anyway to remove the noise from the white areas without messing too much with levels?

If I reduce the whites until this noise is gone I lose quite a bit of shading details on some pages.

Use a small surface blur first, it'll let you level less.

Fuck off.

Photoshop is slow as shit when batch converting stuff. Here's a webm showing how to make a 8 bit PNG image.
Use PNG8 with an appropriate color palette for grayscale images and use PNG24 for color pages.

Maybe if you don't have a lot of ram but my batches are usually done in a few minutes for a whole 160pg volume.

A few minutes is actually a kind of long time for 160 pages, relatively speaking. I just use Photoshop too since I'm editing it anyway, but if converting is all you want to do, it's way faster to use something else.

Well I'm pretty much used to doing it this way from years of batch saving my editing with actions so unless the improvement was really significant or I found a way to do what I mentioned earlier, I see no reason to change. If I still had my old toaster I'd change, though.

Yeah, it's usually not a big deal. But if for example I've got several entire magazines ripped and I want to upload them to a cloud drive so I can read them on my phone later or something, Photoshop can take hours to get them to a manageable filesize.

Anyone else have this script too (link is kill)? I'm in need to rip some mango I've bought from ebj for raw/scanlation purposes. Pic related.

For having good taste.
pastebin.com/87ztqQKu

Me and the Devil Blues, and Alice in Hell both need an editor. The current one for both is busy with work. They have scripts sitting around.

Many thanks, based user.

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Almost done the first chapter for this.
Just waiting on someone to do some translation checks, then going onto the 2nd chapter and then the series is kill until someone decides to translate the next three chapters+omake
for the home thread.

Sorry I thought I was in a different thread being invaded by a yuri spammer.

>pastebin.com/87ztqQKu
Is the original poster removing these, or is there some kind of pastebin DMCA magic going on here?

They're put up with a timer on purpose for extra measure, don't want someone to just go back to the archive, find it, and inform them so they patch the reader and not be able to use the reader anymore.